Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2012 1:13 PM

Mar 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Using a hostage was really cheap but its good that the other guy wants to settle it with kenshin..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 14, 2013 11:04 PM

May 2011
I re-read this specific chapter randomly today... I don't even know what made me want to... but I'm literally in tears... It's been a long time. The flashback of Captain Sagara and the Sekihoutai... coupled with the Anime OST just got me again. A 9 year old Sanosuke seeing his Captain's head up there being broadcast to the Nation... just so powerful.

Rurouni Kenshin... definitely my favourite Manga, and story of all time.

The re-read along with the Anime is one true experience.

10/10
Apr 24, 2014 10:20 PM
Jan 2013
For the government to make promises, then throw a military company under the wheels when they can't fulfill the promise, is horrible.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Nov 25, 2014 4:29 AM

Jan 2013
So that's the reason why Zanza wore the evil mark on his back. Pretty sad stuff.
And I'm quite disappointed at how Kaoru's character has turned out to be so soon. Cmon, she is supposed to be a strong willed woman, not one to get paralyzed with fear.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Sep 30, 2017 11:55 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Hard Zanza flashback!!! His pain came for this and now the revenge is in his heart!!! :/
Jun 26, 2023 9:21 PM

Aug 2013
The first thing I wanna point out is the fact that history's time sense (time's flow) has certain "accuracy": I got to know more and less how much time passed way between the plot's events different certain others shounen battle mangas like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece...; but it is just a minor detail I liked.
Well, let's go to the main thing: first (again), I liked the Kihei (?)'s part finished in vol 1 (?), the plot of the thieves brothers was concluded in the same volume it started, structurally it is a nice thing; the next point was the Sanosuke's intro with his plot and the "reveal" (or just a pinch) of Kenshin's motivation. I think at that point we needed to know a bit more the Kenshin's ideas and I liked it happened together with the reveal of Sanozuke's plot and the main point in a beautiful moment with Yahiko like it was showing Kenshin was wanting a better future and, well, Yahiko represents it.
The other things I liked were the good moments to start the "workshop" of Kenshin' style techniques names that occurred in the real first fight in the manga, and the good use of expository dialogues like in Sanozuke's search.

More topics from this board

» unpopular opinion/hot take that you may not like )SPOILERS INSIDE

Videogamecoper - Apr 3

2 by midas_0 »»
Apr 3, 3:44 AM

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin Chapter 255 Discussion

TuzoAnime - Mar 20, 2010

30 by xthewarwithinx »»
Feb 10, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin Chapter 8 Discussion

Rasco - Jan 29, 2012

4 by wildhood »»
Nov 14, 2023 7:05 PM

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin Chapter 67 Discussion

Rasco - Feb 1, 2012

2 by KitsuFrost »»
Nov 8, 2023 7:15 AM

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan Chapter 259 Discussion

LuiSenpai - Apr 2, 2016

10 by DebiPS »»
Sep 21, 2023 5:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.