Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Jul 17, 2013 7:20 AM

Apr 2013
Damn this episode was good. Shinobu is back and she talks :D
Jul 17, 2013 1:48 PM

Jan 2013
Love this episode.
Great conversation.
Sep 5, 2013 5:15 PM

Dec 2008
Shinobu is an adorable yet feisty little something. Didn't expect that from her.
Sep 21, 2013 9:50 AM

Aug 2009
Man, that's what Shinobu's really like? Talk about scary and threatening. I wouldn't want my own shadow killing me in my sleep. Her and Araragi's relation is so mysterious, it's awesome.

And again, the way Araragi handles himself in serious conversations just keeps making him cooler and cooler.
Oct 1, 2013 9:53 PM

Sep 2013
can any of the manga reader please explain why is shinobu-chan living in araragi's shadow? why did she turned him into a vampire? why are they saying that they will not forgive each other? and in season 1, why did meme left?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Dec 5, 2013 3:17 AM
Nov 2013
Not much to move the plot forward in this episode, but some interesting development of Shinobu's (previously non-existent) character. Some interesting speculation on Araragi's vampirism as well.

gamer2710 said:
Holy shit.

I wish my bathroom looked like that.

That too.
SatanicBeaverDec 25, 2013 3:46 AM
Dec 24, 2013 11:25 PM

Aug 2012
Holy shit.

I wish my bathroom looked like that.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jan 15, 2014 10:54 PM

Apr 2012
zansabarshadow said:
stevewiess01 said:
Lol. It looks like Hirano Aya got cut from the Shinobu's role without speaking a word in Bakemonogatari series. XD

Anyway, I did quite enjoy Sakamoto Maya's VA with Shinobu in this episode and I look forward listening to her in also Kizumonogatari. :)

Aya Hirano < Maaya Sakamoto

Glad she got cuz I've had enough of Aya Hirano.

To be frank, it would have been bizarre hearing Aya Hirano voice Shinobu.
Jan 24, 2014 3:58 AM

Oct 2013
shinoby daisuki!
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jan 25, 2014 6:14 PM

Aug 2013
I don't know what to think about Hanekawa knew look. I mean, it's really cute and I like it, but why she doesn't wear glasses? Was it only for the look?

God, that scene with Shinobu was so erotic, I had difficulty to concentrate on the dialogue xD
It was really great though, a lot of devellopement on Shinobu side.

When Tsukihi came back with a knife, it was so hilarious xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 11, 2014 12:58 AM

Jul 2008
Hanekawa kitty with short hair....not digging it, but still loving her, and Shinobu speaks! Oh my does she add a new wrinkle to the harem.
Mar 25, 2014 4:36 PM

Nov 2012
How big is Araragi's house? His bathroom is fucking bigger than my living room I bet.
Apr 21, 2014 6:48 AM

Dec 2009
Why did they cut Hanakawa's hair and removed her glasses? Is there some sort of logic behind this? I'm not digging the look at all, though, and it also left me really confused.
Jun 1, 2014 6:27 PM

Mar 2014
Tsubasa is so kawaii!!!
That's some strong words for the sisters koyomi!!
Tsubasa got some good moves !!
Shinobu Talks!! (and naked..)
Dang shinobu !! you're an amazing talker like the others too!!
Imouto got some knife in her hand!! ... woah.. shit some scary little sisters..
Shinobu is right about "Time will tear them apart" .. True fact about immortality ...
Reconciliation at the end!!
Good ending!!!
Good episode as always!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2014 5:42 PM

Oct 2011
Best episode so far, felt so long too. Hanekawa with short hair is a major win, and Koyomi's little sister coming to the bath with a knife lol.
Jul 7, 2014 7:09 PM
May 2014
finaly get to hear shinobu talk, hope it won't be the last time
Jul 26, 2014 10:29 PM

Jul 2011
As usual, just another discussion where people argue about the fan service, just one of the many things people will always complain about and use it as an excuse to justify themselves to rate it down. Honestly, I will never understand the hate people have towards all the little things, and constantly have to bring it up, no matter what it may be. If you don't like something, that's fine, but no need to bash the episode and the entire series as a whole, this happens way to often with almost every single anime out there. If you do enjoy it, great, I just wish these discussions would have more love rather than certain people repeatedly saying things that are just asking to start a war.

Anyways, about the episode, I thought the dialogue was pretty interesting and the scene where his sister came into the bath was fun, overall this has been just another great season so far!
Aug 7, 2014 11:20 PM

Dec 2013
I wouldn't mind hearing Shinobu talk for hours...and with clothes! the fan-service didn't bothered me at all, actually it raises a question;Araragi always gets aroused/anxious when he sees a girl naked, but he was just fine with Shinobu, they even shared the tube at the same time! makes me wonder just how deep is their connection...

Hanekawa's new style is awesome , and Tsukihi's reaction to the bath scene was priceless.

A memorable episode 5/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Sep 4, 2014 12:23 PM

Aug 2013
Awesome episode!
Naked Shinobu, I didn't expect that :D
I don't mint that type of fanservice, it is mixed with good plot, so I like it even more.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 18, 2015 12:53 PM

Aug 2014
The part where Araragi's little sister saw them was great.
Feb 8, 2015 2:04 PM

Nov 2014
Lolicon fanservice can't help a boring ass scene be more interesting. Only 3 or 4 lines were relevant in moving the story and characters forward. The only reason I'm still watching this show at this point is because I want to see if the Second Season is as good as people say it is, and I have to dig through this shit to get there... Nice bathroom, though.
Feb 8, 2015 3:02 PM

Nov 2014
Lancehot said:
aikaflip said:
Lolicon fanservice can't help a boring ass scene be more interesting. Only 3 or 4 lines were relevant in moving the story and characters forward. The only reason I'm still watching this show at this point is because I want to see if the Second Season is as good as people say it is, and I have to dig through this shit to get there... Nice bathroom, though.

2nd Season has recap episodes, one of which covers the important parts of Nisemonogarati, so you could get away with skipping straight on to nekomonogatari if you want. I think the only thing that would leave you without is some elaboration on the relationship between Araragi & Shinobu, although most of the important stuff in that regard happens in 2nd season anyway.

The 5th episode, thanks to Kaiki, peeked my interest. I should be able to finish it .Just 6 more episodes. >_<
Feb 9, 2015 4:02 PM

Nov 2011
I also felt story progression was rather weak here, and my usual problem of not liking the seiyuu of a character who i've been seeing but never talks surfaces again.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 19, 2015 10:50 PM

May 2014
Hmm, I didn't like Hanekawa this episode.

Holy fuck, Shinobu, though. Nice. Very nice.
Mar 24, 2015 4:50 PM

Jan 2014
Mashta said:
As usual, just another discussion where people argue about the fan service, just one of the many things people will always complain about and use it as an excuse to justify themselves to rate it down.

The point is that Bakemonogatari had a lot less fan service, or at least a lot more classy fanservice than Nise. If Nise was just another anime on it's own then fine, we should shut up, because we could ignore it. But as part of an existing series of better quality, it doesn't quite work that way.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
May 3, 2015 8:20 PM

Aug 2014
I love Shinobu's laugh.
May 12, 2015 6:51 PM

Mar 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
I cringed loads on each side with sheer furor at the fact that appearance physically that of a 8 year old.

For somebody who claims to have a problem with the fanservice, you spent an awful lot of time examining the screenshots...in detail. Protest all you want, but actions speak louder than words. ;-)

MaxVdub said:
"man i hate all this ecchi of a girl who physically looks like an 8 year old so naturally im going to take and post a billion screenshots of it and write a detailed analysis of how much sexier this is going to be when it comes out on bluray"
May 31, 2015 10:30 PM
Jan 2015
This episode was awesome on BD. Can you say 'dat ass'? LOL!
Jun 16, 2015 9:25 PM

Oct 2014
That bathroom is massive. how rich is araragi? jesus.
Jul 17, 2015 8:03 AM

Jul 2014
Somehow, this season seems less boring than season 1. However, because of the pedophile fanservice, I am giving this episode a 1/5. Also, SMH at some of the posts on this thread.

tsundereharasser said:
What can i say, brocon imouto at her best, go Tsukihi go :3

Shinobu part was great, that feel when you got your personal loli, what a pedodream, I can just imagine. Pedos would offer her a freaking giant pile of donuts to keep her mouth shut for sure XDDDD
I liked her haha, her 8 yrs old ass in his face and their conversation about his age. Death do us part, not as Gahara would expect. Hah, I imagine that, when she's over 30 and he's still 18, well they would break up much earlier.

What.
D-ohnutsSep 7, 2015 12:02 PM
Jul 24, 2015 3:00 PM

Oct 2012
Noo, Hanekawa just what did they do to your hair? How come you are no longer class president?
Also, wasn't she quite irritated compared to the first season?
And the opening scene was sure really weird.

And as for SHinobu.. I expected her voice to be a little more childish and I'll have to get use to it but I think it's better that way. She seems to be pretty good character so far. I really like how close and intimate relation she has with Araragi and her poses were also brilliant. Their ending interaction about his life-span totally got me. Also, judging from one hair-washing shot, is she invisible now to everyone other than him? (maybe only when there are no shadows)
Aug 9, 2015 5:04 AM

Apr 2010
Shinobu can be either pretty cute or really scary.
Aug 20, 2015 6:20 PM

Sep 2014
Relax in the bath. EP 4.

PLot: Karen is poisoned by a fire bee by Kaiki. It appears he is behind the charms from the Nadeko incident and this as well. Koyomi learns the details from the Fire Sisters, Hanekawa who has been helping them, and Shinobu who has taken the role of Knowledge provider from Kaiki.

Character: *Rant mode: I did not like Hanekawa this time. Encouraging and helping a couple of preteens track down a shady hustler was the stupidest thing a supposedly smart girl could have done. It may be Big Brother Mentality but if you sent my younger siblings off on this kind of hunt, there would be cursing and other things. I don't care what kind of training Karen had, things could've gotten a lot worse and s*^t would be really bad.

Hanekawa you f&*ked up and in doing so got your best and only friend's sister hurt. Reflect on that.

Shinobu: she became a star this time not only for her VA but her characterization. After the big mystery of her in Bake, seeing what she is actually like was fun. She does remind me of Holo from Spice and Wolf so thumbs up. Her words of not forgiving Araragi paints a complexity to their relationship that draws you in and her added role of Monster Encyclopedia means more fun interactions later on.

Koyomi: Dude was waaaay to calm after what happened. I guess his friendship with Hanekawa has more influence than I thought. I liked his part in the bath conversation that while he's happy that Shinobu is back more, he also has a wall that he won't cross with her. The talk of his life-span will hopefully be expanded upon since it is a popular and never ending debate/story element of long lived characters and how it paints their relationships with others.

ANimation/sound: That bath scene was amazing. I seriously want that style of bathroom.

5/5. The return and inclusion of a fun character made this great.

Extra: I heard that most of the symbolism is from Araragi's perspective and that the bath is more ordinary than it looks. If that's the case, then Shinobu's over the top jump was more hilarious in hindsight.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Aug 27, 2015 9:20 PM

Sep 2014
Love the "Kako" of Shinobu. Also the music during the episode was awesome.
Sep 2, 2015 3:31 PM

Nov 2013
What can i say, brocon imouto at her best, go Tsukihi go :3
Karen and Tsukihi are my fav characters already, they're so cool. Loved how Hanekawa calmed him down and pointed out that he calls them "-chan" (just so you know that means he really loves his sisters and feels emotionally attached to them greatly), well you know when imouto calls her onii-chan it means LOVE XD
Poor Karen, but I know onii-chan will save her :P

New Hanekawa is so kawaii, and of course she would win and Gahara knows that, that's why she was really scared. But incest is wincest anyway.

Shinobu part was great, that feel when you got your personal loli, what a pedodream, I can just imagine. Pedos would offer her a freaking giant pile of donuts to keep her mouth shut for sure XDDDD
I liked her haha, her 8 yrs old ass in his face and their conversation about his age. Death do us part, not as Gahara would expect. Hah, I imagine that, when she's over 30 and he's still 18, well they would break up much earlier.
tsundereharasserSep 3, 2015 1:36 AM
Oct 8, 2015 10:59 AM

Jan 2014
How I love Tsubasa!
In this version is hot as well!
Oct 27, 2015 9:43 PM

Jul 2014
and so, she speaks...Shinobu...i like her
kaka
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2016 10:20 AM

Sep 2015
That Shinobu laugh... "Kako"... lol

The amount of fanservice in this is huge :P
Apr 15, 2016 5:32 PM

Nov 2015
This is wrong... this is so wrong... this is NOT ok...
I can not understand the need of this level of perv...
Too much...

Anyway...how is that Shinobu passed from being totally quiet and emo-like in Bake to... this en Nise? I don't understand this personality change.
May 2, 2016 2:37 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Painful! An episode that is closer to the visual spectacle of altering hormones rather than take a good plot.

---
¡Penoso! Un episodio que se acerca más al espectaculo visual de alterar hormonas más que llevar una buena trama.
Jun 21, 2016 2:42 PM
Jul 2015
Well, everyone was absolutely unlikable in this episode. I'm hoping for something to make up for it soon...
Jul 19, 2016 6:53 AM

Oct 2014
shinobu is best girl ftw 10/10 waifu status
Jul 31, 2016 1:43 PM

Apr 2013
Woah Shinobu talked :o
This episode felt a bit slow and boring at times.
Dec 7, 2016 10:25 PM

Sep 2016
ayee shinobu im liking her more interesting character
Facta Non Verba
Feb 9, 2017 3:14 PM

Jun 2013
That was not how i expected Shinobu's personality to be~
Regardless great episode as always
Apr 1, 2017 9:24 PM

Apr 2015
Episode started weak, but turned around when Shinobu showed up.

Tsukihi-chan walking in on her brother in the bath with a loli, walking out without a word, and then coming back with a knife was hilarious.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jun 3, 2017 2:55 AM

Dec 2014
So Shinobi talked. I hope she doesn't turn out to be a lolita cutesy waifu material.
ClefairiessJun 9, 2017 6:14 PM
Jun 10, 2017 3:16 AM
May 2012
shinobu was cute when she didn't talk.

Aug 10, 2017 8:12 AM

Dec 2015
I'm really glad they came full circle to kizu, this is probably one of the most important episodes so far in the series imo as kiss shot and Araragi finally take the next step in the life they share together.
~
Aug 17, 2017 3:40 AM

Jul 2012
I've only read the LN, so this is the first time I've gotten to hear Shinobu talk, and she was great :)
I'm glad they were able to reconcile with one another after what conspired. It should be fun watching their interactions from here on out. And I wonder when she started her donut obsession haha.

I also love that Tsukihi came back with a huge kitchen knife. She's great 😂

But I wonder how much time Karen has left, and how will they learn to get rid of her disease? This will be their first oddity they'll have to deal with without Oshino's direct help.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 25, 2012

755 by decco6226 »»
Apr 22, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akiyama - Jan 21, 2012

261 by decco6226 »»
Apr 21, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ariamachi - Jan 14, 2012

348 by Ken_9 »»
Mar 15, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Mar 17, 2012

414 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 10, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2012

247 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 5, 7:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.