MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Why do you hate fillers?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» I Hate Fillers Club »» Why do you hate fillers?

Must be a Club Member to Reply
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
View Poll Results: Why?
Because they are Fillers (thus not part of the original story)

26 27.66%
lack of good plot

14 14.89%
Hideous and annoying characters

6 6.38%
Because they are boring & a waste of time

46 48.94%
lower animation standards

2 2.13%
Voters: 94

08-21-08, 4:12 PM

I hate fillers because of all these reasons, but the main reason is because of hideous and annoying characters who piss me off, what's your reason?
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"

08-23-08, 3:14 AM

fillers suck fullstop.

08-24-08, 1:09 PM

Fillers suck mainly because they have a plot made only to slow the original plot, and thus has a shitty plot. Also, fillers tend to make plot holes, because the original story had no intention of leaving an area for a different plot to come in. A fine exapmle is Bleach, where one second they are fighting at the Hollow's homeworld, and the other everybody are happy and normal on Soul Society.
Truly suck. Tho all the reasons above are also true (other than lower animation standards - never seen that in fillers).

08-26-08, 5:20 PM

galluvton said:
Fillers suck mainly because they have a plot made only to slow the original plot, and thus has a shitty plot. Also, fillers tend to make plot holes, because the original story had no intention of leaving an area for a different plot to come in. A fine exapmle is Bleach, where one second they are fighting at the Hollow's homeworld, and the other everybody are happy and normal on Soul Society.
Truly suck. Tho all the reasons above are also true (other than lower animation standards - never seen that in fillers).

Good Points, and about the animation i think sometimes it's quality decreases due to the fact that its a filler thus no real effort is put into it by the producers, maybe.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"

08-31-08, 11:49 AM

There are so many reasons I hate fillers. Naruto and Inuyasha come to mind. If the manga isn't finished then the anime isn't worth watching. It doesn't end well like Inuyasha or it gets pointless and boring like Naruto.

09-09-08, 11:58 AM

After watching all those god damn fillers in the first Naruto what did i get? A shit called Shippuuden =_= it itself was bad enough, but they just had to bring in fillers again. Irritation, frustration and annoyance - these are my three reasons to hate fillers =_=
One Piece and Bleach are better, but the fillers still shouldn't be tolerated.

09-09-08, 12:08 PM

Every reason. Why waste my time on part of the anime that has NOTHING to do with the reason I started the anime.

09-10-08, 8:22 AM

They are the cancer that is killing shounen.

09-11-08, 8:00 AM

Hate fillers because the plot just sucks and it gets wacked. Everytime they use fillers they can't show anything that hasn't happened and thus tend to get overused of what they already have. Look at naurto for once. The only attack is whatever its called, i havn't even tried to watch that snow in forever.. but the fillers just overused that attack.

Another thing i hate beides fillers is when they dont want to put fillers in but instead try to extend the current ep with only half a chapter of manga. Naurto shinppon was a great example. While they were fighting orchamaru? naurto turned into his fox. again... anyways during 3 strait eps they had only 1 line per min... everything else was showing background than throwing an attack and other side misses or gets hit and we see 40secs of reaction from that point to another attack.. Its what drove me to drop the anime series..

09-15-08, 11:15 AM

waste of time i find it useless to watch somethin u know wont make a difference if u do. nd also the story lines are usually borin

09-15-08, 6:13 PM

All of the reasons already stated are why I hate fillers. Then again, I try to choose anime that have fewer fillers. But, not all fillers are bad. Without fillers, some series would seriously be 10 episodes long. When it gets to the point that fillers are over 70% of the show, I generally drop it.

09-15-08, 9:38 PM

The point of fillers is to be something original, but we want something that is actually worthwhile. Some series do a great job in presenting fillers by not even making them noticable but other like naruto/bleach overuse them just to show things down. Look at naurto, they had to use fillers for over 2 years (or however long it was) and in their new season they are already catching up again, atleast I think, havn't watched the anime in a long time.

09-17-08, 7:10 PM

isn't there a way to vote for all of those reasons? because those are all perfectly valid reasons why i hate fillers.
-Study, work hard, and be successful. Nobody wants to make out with a loser.

09-17-08, 7:29 PM

Because they are fillers.

09-20-08, 1:02 PM

to be honest, i don't hate all fillers, just the ones that mess up the plot, or something along those lines
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures

09-20-08, 7:04 PM

Like most people. I think noone would notice if there were fillers in those 12-26 eps series. Which I have seen fillers, even the basic "lets to a recap eps -_-" but it goes to if its enjoyable and helps the plot or atleast acts like it does than people will accept it. Although, these big series, bleach, naruto,OP, detective conan, IY, ect, overuse them so thats why they are the only series that get hated because of them.

09-27-08, 8:41 AM

did anyone see the most recent bleach filler ark? What happened to the arrancar battle!!!!

09-27-08, 9:31 AM

yea... Its just giving them time to think out the story better. Although I think this filler arc is over because they went the backstreet ally way of getting out by having a captain come and just 1hit ko the enemy. I expect within the next 2 weeks its back on track.

This little filler arc should have lasted maybe 4 chapters max, not the 8+ it is at right now..

09-27-08, 2:44 PM

We hate filllers that much than we feed my plushie xD

09-29-08, 1:56 PM

Sadly, I have to agree..

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices