Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 21, 2008 4:12 PM

Apr 2008
I hate fillers because of all these reasons, but the main reason is because of hideous and annoying characters who piss me off, what's your reason?
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 23, 2008 3:14 AM

Aug 2007
fillers suck fullstop.
Aug 24, 2008 1:09 PM

Mar 2008
Fillers suck mainly because they have a plot made only to slow the original plot, and thus has a shitty plot. Also, fillers tend to make plot holes, because the original story had no intention of leaving an area for a different plot to come in. A fine exapmle is Bleach, where one second they are fighting at the Hollow's homeworld, and the other everybody are happy and normal on Soul Society.
Truly suck. Tho all the reasons above are also true (other than lower animation standards - never seen that in fillers).
Aug 26, 2008 5:20 PM

Apr 2008
galluvton said:
Fillers suck mainly because they have a plot made only to slow the original plot, and thus has a shitty plot. Also, fillers tend to make plot holes, because the original story had no intention of leaving an area for a different plot to come in. A fine exapmle is Bleach, where one second they are fighting at the Hollow's homeworld, and the other everybody are happy and normal on Soul Society.
Truly suck. Tho all the reasons above are also true (other than lower animation standards - never seen that in fillers).

Good Points, and about the animation i think sometimes it's quality decreases due to the fact that its a filler thus no real effort is put into it by the producers, maybe.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Aug 31, 2008 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
There are so many reasons I hate fillers. Naruto and Inuyasha come to mind. If the manga isn't finished then the anime isn't worth watching. It doesn't end well like Inuyasha or it gets pointless and boring like Naruto.
Sep 9, 2008 11:58 AM

May 2008
After watching all those god damn fillers in the first Naruto what did i get? A shit called Shippuuden =_= it itself was bad enough, but they just had to bring in fillers again. Irritation, frustration and annoyance - these are my three reasons to hate fillers =_=
One Piece and Bleach are better, but the fillers still shouldn't be tolerated.
Sep 9, 2008 12:08 PM

Jul 2008
Every reason. Why waste my time on part of the anime that has NOTHING to do with the reason I started the anime.

Sep 10, 2008 8:22 AM
May 2008
They are the cancer that is killing shounen.
Sep 11, 2008 8:00 AM

Sep 2008
Hate fillers because the plot just sucks and it gets wacked. Everytime they use fillers they can't show anything that hasn't happened and thus tend to get overused of what they already have. Look at naurto for once. The only attack is whatever its called, i havn't even tried to watch that snow in forever.. but the fillers just overused that attack.

Another thing i hate beides fillers is when they dont want to put fillers in but instead try to extend the current ep with only half a chapter of manga. Naurto shinppon was a great example. While they were fighting orchamaru? naurto turned into his fox. again... anyways during 3 strait eps they had only 1 line per min... everything else was showing background than throwing an attack and other side misses or gets hit and we see 40secs of reaction from that point to another attack.. Its what drove me to drop the anime series..
Sep 15, 2008 11:15 AM

Apr 2008
waste of time i find it useless to watch somethin u know wont make a difference if u do. nd also the story lines are usually borin
Sep 15, 2008 6:13 PM

Sep 2008
All of the reasons already stated are why I hate fillers. Then again, I try to choose anime that have fewer fillers. But, not all fillers are bad. Without fillers, some series would seriously be 10 episodes long. When it gets to the point that fillers are over 70% of the show, I generally drop it.
Sep 15, 2008 9:38 PM

Sep 2008
The point of fillers is to be something original, but we want something that is actually worthwhile. Some series do a great job in presenting fillers by not even making them noticable but other like naruto/bleach overuse them just to show things down. Look at naurto, they had to use fillers for over 2 years (or however long it was) and in their new season they are already catching up again, atleast I think, havn't watched the anime in a long time.
Sep 17, 2008 7:10 PM

Aug 2008
isn't there a way to vote for all of those reasons? because those are all perfectly valid reasons why i hate fillers.
-Study, work hard, and be successful. Nobody wants to make out with a loser.
Sep 17, 2008 7:29 PM

Jan 2008
Because they are fillers.
Sep 20, 2008 1:02 PM

Jul 2008
to be honest, i don't hate all fillers, just the ones that mess up the plot, or something along those lines
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 20, 2008 7:04 PM

Sep 2008
Like most people. I think noone would notice if there were fillers in those 12-26 eps series. Which I have seen fillers, even the basic "lets to a recap eps -_-" but it goes to if its enjoyable and helps the plot or atleast acts like it does than people will accept it. Although, these big series, bleach, naruto,OP, detective conan, IY, ect, overuse them so thats why they are the only series that get hated because of them.
Sep 27, 2008 8:41 AM

Jul 2008
did anyone see the most recent bleach filler ark? What happened to the arrancar battle!!!!

Sep 27, 2008 9:31 AM

Sep 2008
yea... Its just giving them time to think out the story better. Although I think this filler arc is over because they went the backstreet ally way of getting out by having a captain come and just 1hit ko the enemy. I expect within the next 2 weeks its back on track.

This little filler arc should have lasted maybe 4 chapters max, not the 8+ it is at right now..
Sep 27, 2008 2:44 PM

May 2008
We hate filllers that much than we feed my plushie xD
Sep 29, 2008 1:56 PM

Sep 2008
Sadly, I have to agree..
Sep 30, 2008 11:05 AM

Apr 2008
i hate them because they aren't part of the plot, waste time, lack good plot, the charaters are weaker than they should be...etc

oko za oko, zub za zub - eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth
Sep 30, 2008 2:40 PM

Sep 2008
Setesch said:
i hate them because they aren't part of the plot, waste time, lack good plot, the charaters are weaker than they should be...etc

Dont forget the overuse of their "special attacks" not only for fighting but other stupid reasons. Like narutos resegon used to make ramon.
Oct 7, 2008 3:20 PM

Aug 2007
they makes us believe some stuff are true. >.>
Oct 7, 2008 4:11 PM

Sep 2008
Lol yep. Thats the worse. I know most just reuse ideas so they dont introduce something new but sometimes they do and than it just doesn't fit when someone counteracts what they showed.
Oct 11, 2008 8:13 AM

May 2008
Fillers make we are borred :( and it's looooooooooooonger and loooooonger
Oct 29, 2008 3:46 AM

Oct 2008
because they ruin the anime itself.
Nov 7, 2008 9:43 AM
Mar 2008
i hate fillers for all those reasons!!! there such a waste of time and what not...
Dec 3, 2008 7:05 AM

Aug 2008
Because they are soooo boring and such a f*g waste of time.
Dec 6, 2008 8:54 AM

Dec 2008
they take a character and turn all his moves into cheap ass little tricks. And the fighting always ends up looking extra ugly and very low quality...plus the plot is bad or there isnt even one at all!

Dec 6, 2008 3:01 PM

Apr 2008
Gnomeonfire said:
they take a character and turn all his moves into cheap ass little tricks. And the fighting always ends up looking extra ugly and very low quality...plus the plot is bad or there isnt even one at all!

I totally agree with that!!
Dec 8, 2008 11:47 AM

May 2008
i hate fillers because their annoying, it wastes my time and also their boring
Dec 8, 2008 1:30 PM

Jan 2008
I hate fillers for all the exact reasons that everyone else has pointed out, and also because of the new characters that get introduced. NO ONE CARES ABOUT THESE PEOPLE! Take the last filler from One Piece. Could they have been anymore flaming? Seriously. What about Naruto's genetic fox clone that was put into that kid? What about the race to the top of the mountain in Slayers Revolution with the rival cookeries? These are just dumb characters that we don't care about, and even dumber plots. What's worse is something these fillers REPLACE plots that were in the anime. Where's the background on Kakashi's sharingan eye? I want to watch that. I first thought that'd be in the first movie, but nope.

The best of the best have to be those Dragonball movies. Whether they're Ball, Ball Z, or Ball GT. Now granted the Garlic Jr one seems to be a bit of an exception to the rule, but it's also not really considered canon either. Same goes for the GT movie of Goku's legacy. Each of those movies have the same plot device as the last Bleach arc where they just stopped immediately in the middle of Grimmjaw and Ichigo's fight. You can tell exactly where they are in DBZ based on the power levels they presently have. World's Strongest = Saiyan Saga, Tree of Might = Ginyu Saga, Lord Slug = Freeza Saga, and so on and so forth. What? They make no sense. Christ, look at Hellsing. What the hell was that? Thank God for the OAV remake. And now they're redoing Fullmetal Alchemist. And they're wondering why DVD sales are plummeting, while manga sales are skyrocketing. Grab a brain people.

All fillers do is make me bang my head against the wall in frustration. I wouldn't care if a series went from 24 episodes down to 12, or 12 down to even three. It's not like we haven't watched short series before, or OAV that only have a few episodes. I would sleep much better at night knowing that my time wasn't wasted, and I wasn't forced to have to rant about the crap that irritates me, and causes me to waste money on episodes that shouldn't have even been made. :P
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 8, 2008 1:44 PM

Apr 2008
kevin_video said:
I hate fillers for all the exact reasons that everyone else has pointed out, and also because of the new characters that get introduced. NO ONE CARES ABOUT THESE PEOPLE! Take the last filler from One Piece. Could they have been anymore flaming? Seriously. What about Naruto's genetic fox clone that was put into that kid? What about the race to the top of the mountain in Slayers Revolution with the rival cookeries? These are just dumb characters that we don't care about, and even dumber plots. What's worse is something these fillers REPLACE plots that were in the anime. Where's the background on Kakashi's sharingan eye? I want to watch that. I first thought that'd be in the first movie, but nope.

The best of the best have to be those Dragonball movies. Whether they're Ball, Ball Z, or Ball GT. Now granted the Garlic Jr one seems to be a bit of an exception to the rule, but it's also not really considered canon either. Same goes for the GT movie of Goku's legacy. Each of those movies have the same plot device as the last Bleach arc where they just stopped immediately in the middle of Grimmjaw and Ichigo's fight. You can tell exactly where they are in DBZ based on the power levels they presently have. World's Strongest = Saiyan Saga, Tree of Might = Ginyu Saga, Lord Slug = Freeza Saga, and so on and so forth. What? They make no sense. Christ, look at Hellsing. What the hell was that? Thank God for the OAV remake. And now they're redoing Fullmetal Alchemist. And they're wondering why DVD sales are plummeting, while manga sales are skyrocketing. Grab a brain people.

All fillers do is make me bang my head against the wall in frustration. I wouldn't care if a series went from 24 episodes down to 12, or 12 down to even three. It's not like we haven't watched short series before, or OAV that only have a few episodes. I would sleep much better at night knowing that my time wasn't wasted, and I wasn't forced to have to rant about the crap that irritates me, and causes me to waste money on episodes that shouldn't have even been made. :P

O_O
I feel fer ya buddy....
DIE FILLERS DIE!!
Dec 8, 2008 1:53 PM

Jan 2008
Zatoichi said:
O_O
I feel fer ya buddy....
DIE FILLERS DIE!!

Nuke em all!

I skip over any fillers that I can. Unless I'm so incredibly bored that I couldn't care less either way. I finished Naruto, I'm 1 for 1 on Shippuden, but you better believe I'm at least 17 episodes behind on the number count for One Piece and Bleach. At least until those arcs are 100% completed. THEN I'll make myself watch the crap that I couldn't give a rat's ass about. I can only imagine what Slayers Evolution-R is going to be like if the first half of the season was that god awful. Sheesh.

To be honest, at least fillers aren't as bad as completely ruining the anime in the first place (ie making a regular series into a hentai/ecchi style series), or making it into an adaptation that's only going to get remade in the end anyways. They're still bad though. It's very, very close. Like a nat's wing.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 16, 2008 2:21 AM

Dec 2008
Annoying Characters, Waste of Time and BORING
Jan 10, 2009 8:16 AM

Sep 2007
I hate them because they are often very boring and sometimes they even add part of the filler characters to the original plot butchering said plotline. Also they introduce annoying new characters and the episodes usually have bad plots. But the one thing worse than filler episodes is slow paced anime such as Naruto Shippuuden. They butched a series to the point where I can no longer watch it
Jan 13, 2009 11:44 AM

Mar 2008
It's not that all fillers suck (I'm remembering the filler 'kakashi's mask') but I've been pretty musch traumatized with so much fillers in naruto, I just can't bear with them anymore..
And they're even not part of the story so I don't get why they put important adds to the story in fillers. Like inventing a pseudo-kyuubi

Jan 14, 2009 6:02 AM

Dec 2008
lower animation standards (your vote)

Thanks to FreedomWings for the sig!
Jan 14, 2009 9:54 AM

Sep 2007
I'm not sure you can call the episode with Kakashi's mask a filler, more like an interlude since it was in the manga aswell
Jan 24, 2009 7:16 PM

Jun 2008
fillers suck because they weren't a part of the original plot. and those characters? freakin annoying!
i always stop watching shows when the fillers are on. then i come back when the original continues.
Feb 4, 2009 5:24 PM

Jan 2009
Obviously they're never as interesting as the source material, they always cut in when the story's really getting good, and the plots are always so pointless. Plus they've been known to ruin a whole series!
May 28, 2010 2:33 PM

May 2010
I hate them because they are a real drag and take away from the original story, like with Bleach's last filler.
May 30, 2010 10:42 AM

Feb 2010
BECAUSE OF EVERYTHING!!!
Feb 23, 2011 1:08 AM

Jan 2011
I'd choose pretty much every reason up there
"Where will a newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite" - Motoko Kusanagi
Nov 23, 2012 2:27 PM

Jun 2012
Animes where the fillers hurt the most:
Naruto and Bleach.
For Bleach, there are just too many plotholes (mostly in the last filler). The series hsould have ended before that filler anyway. I don't see the point of just showing us that

For Naruto..... everything else. They are annoying, they have awful characters, they are obviously fillers and they don't even try to cover this fact.

I have seen decent fillers in One Piece atleast. They have fun with all the random stuff they can come up with :)
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Aug 30, 2015 1:58 AM
Aug 2015
The good question is why NOT to hate them.

Shitty OCs with plain background, 0 character development, predictable and boring storyline, more often than not the filler doesn't match the manga's athmosphere, overall poor quality. There's no effort in trying to make it look interesting, I'm not paying for such shit.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Series most destroyed from fillers? ( 1 2 3 )

Turbe - Sep 18, 2008

106 by anime_monger »»
Aug 10, 2020 3:20 AM

» Should animes be made when the manga is nearing its conclusion?

CeroStrife - Dec 8, 2008

16 by ToG25thBaam »»
Oct 27, 2012 4:19 AM

» Find the Fillers!

Turbe - Sep 21, 2008

20 by Toxicwolf »»
Mar 25, 2012 7:18 AM

» Are all fillers really that bad?

cardtrick - Feb 24, 2011

0 by cardtrick »»
Feb 24, 2011 9:45 PM

» Pictures

Zatoichi - Nov 12, 2008

4 by kanon-chan »»
Jun 2, 2010 5:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.