Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 27, 2013 4:57 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

The look on Kanade's face, coughing up blood, when she first materialized Gungnir... wow. Then for Tsubasa to basically do the same in her fight with ***** after using her swan song. Good stuff.

Miku is such a good friend to Hibiki. She know she's hiding something, but she's still so caring.

(***** because I don't want to spoil anything)
Jul 31, 2014 6:26 PM

Feb 2014
Wow that was a really epic episode! But geez that swan song thing is crazy. I wonder why Kanade died but Tsubasa was able to survive start using it...hmm

Anyway with the whole singing theme and how they pause the action to show the attacks this show is kinda dumb but I still like it! xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2014 10:04 AM

Dec 2011
Poor Miku..
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 12, 2014 2:18 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Noodle070 said:
But geez that swan song thing is crazy. I wonder why Kanade died but Tsubasa was able to survive start using it...hmm

my only guess is that unlike Kanae, Tsubasa got medical treatment quickly after using it. i hope it's explained why otherwise i might be disappointed. :/
might have to check episode 1 to see if it was a for sure the user will die sort of thing.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Oct 16, 2014 12:49 AM

Feb 2013
Damn, Kanade was totally a different person from when she was young.

"You seem to think you're the main character here. you're wrong." This show really likes to break the fourth wall doesn't it.

Miku seems a bit too touchy to Hibiki.

That was Bruce Lee at the end there when that guy metioned action movies!

Good episode.
Feb 21, 2015 10:45 PM

Nov 2009
Hibiki gets worse with each episode, Is that even possible for a character who started off bad to degrade even further?
Mar 4, 2015 2:32 AM

Apr 2014
Ai....These Noises Are Nothing but Level 5-25 Slime To Those With Gears...but those without feels like a Mini Boss Level 1000 ... So the "Swan Song" works like a Suicide Attack that will Burn you out if you already so weak....meh whatever continue watching...I like the Songs.
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Jun 21, 2015 12:38 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode. Kanade was kinda crazy back then!

The fights are finally awesome!!! Lots of singing, clothes ripping, shouting, and of course blood :D

I guess the swan song is like their super move were it causes your body to reject it until you couldn't do it. Lucky Tsubasa survived. Still wish Kanade was still alive and all.

Kinda irritated at Hibiki complaining and complaining. Really reminds me of Gundam protagonist at times lol.

Glad she's training with Kazanari.

Lots of Yuri themes being shown here and all.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Sep 5, 2017 12:45 PM

Apr 2015
Part of me is freaked out/tripping with a theory I came up with while watching this episode. Was Miku the one in the stolen armor? Nah, that's impossible. They wouldn't go for that Code Geass friends-fighting-each-other ass pull, would they?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 21, 2018 5:51 AM

May 2016
Yumekichi11 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OK I am not happy. Despite the high adrenaline of the episode. Despite the fight and amazing action. Despite all the flashbacks and struggles. Tsubasa used a swan song at the end and dies. Precisely is in the between life and death world. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? What? What? T_T No, just no. She was bitchy and all but no. Not this not now. Not of what is in the spoiler
Tsubasa! :(What was nice of Tsubasa was her fight.

About Tsubasa’s fight, she started out pretty good with a nice pose here and a very nice face in anger. Mainly because she wanted Nehushtan to have come and help. Loved the blade slice in the spoiler
which sadly gets blocked. Nehushtan almost got herself sliced up here. Lucky she dodged nicely. I have no idea but the camera angle in the spoiler
sure makes you think if there was something of fan service ringing around.
I still find the best of Tsubasa in the spoiler
that shadow lock was nice! Can’t do jack shit less the moon is covered. The way I see the whole area here, there is no way the moon can be covered naturally.

So by the time she used that song the damage and her bleeding in the spoiler
was horrendous. I was not really happy that Nehushtan survived but then again Tsubasa is not totally dead. Loved seeing Tsubasa in loli form In the spoiler
she was cute when she was small.

I did like Hibiki at least she gave out some light. In the ED I like her with Genjurou in the following spoiler
that so reminded me of some setups in animes. It looked cool.

About Tsubasa’s life and death situation, getting simple I think Kanade will save her based on the following,

As it is based on the following spoiler
Tsubasa is really having in the life/death situation. The reason for that IMO is that her vitality was not completely sucked out with Swan Song. Thus in the following spoiler
it totally proves that she will be saved. The deduction is simple. Tsubasa went to the sky towards heavens and is no allowed. Thus she is falling back down towards earth while Kanade is shown in the pic above. This combined with the water part from means that she brought back to life. Water constitute 80% of our body and means life. If you sink someone back into water it can mean either killing them or giving them back life. Depends how you see it but water was always seen as life or a source of it.

You can also see it as Tsubasa going to hell by sinking down and Kanade saving her from it as if Tsubasa was rejected from heavens. There are many interpretations. One thing it’s nicely shown. Thus I conclude that Kanade will give vitality to replenish the life of Tsubasa and able her to wake up as well as recover.

About Kanade’s past and the theory of relics/soul fusion. A fascinating ideal came to me. At first I did find Kanade way more wild in the spoiler
than Hibiki. Then again she lost a lot at that time so it’s no surprise. Genjurou’s hug here was nice.

Assessment of Kanade’s pain ordeal. IMO Kanade pain in the spoiler
is due to the side effect of the injection being too painful for her internal organs to deal with. Thus it’s why she screams like crazy. The pain is OVER 9000 at that point. It was so bad that you can see Genjurou her squeezing his fist up until the blood starts dripping and it was obvious of his angry face here. I had loads and loads of problems dealing with the spoiler
that blood spilling out and on the floor was terrible.
It was sick to me. The reason for that IMO is that Kanade’s organs are now pouring out and internal bleeding happening inside of her body like wild. Thus she is starting to eject all her blood from her body.

Theorization of relics and soul fusion. Kanade officially dies as herself in the spoiler
with that hand on the glass she is dead in the second pic. As she dies look at the reaction of the relic in the spoiler
it’s is reaction to her soul.
Thus explains the she got her soul fused with the relic and revived as something else in the spoiler
A Symphogear. Thus my conclusion is that you need to die first before you become a Symphogear because the same happened to Hibiki. She dies first then was protected by Kanade and revived later. Same ordeal as Kanade.

So this proves my 2 theories of stuff. I still loved the parts of Kanade and Tsubasa in the spoiler
especially Tsubasa’s blushing.

About Nehushtan, she sick kick ass in the following,

I made a GIF of that in the spoiler
it’s too cool! I call that a small anti-matter bomb! It sure blew up bad with Tsubasa. She should have dodged it. Another thing that is interesting is that whip in the spoiler
seems that because it’s made of the same material as what fell it looks to be unbreakable and it cuts like nothing. Furthermore that wand in the spoiler
summons freaking noise monster. Oh WTF? Why is that exactly? I was quite surprised that Nehushtan parried here Tsubasa’s Azure shot with no problems. Nehushtan sure gave a nasty kick to Tsubasa hereand rather nicely grabbed her leg here.

Off references and strange allusions, for one if you look in the spoiler
don’t you think the Noise with horns represents Satan and the aliens are kind of like his followers. Notice it has Horns right? Notice the followers for the most have those ears on top of their head. Remember Mawaru Penguin Drum on those 2 twins working for Sanetoshi? Yeah the Noise minions have them on of their head and all. There’s more, in Ao no Exorcist it was stated that the tar floating as the one is when the Noise kill you comes from Hell itself. So I am thinking that the author is trying to show that out of our own pollution shall come organisms to kill us and they will look like what we imagine ourselves of Evil. Noise is pollution of the air with sound just to be clear. It's one way of seeing it.

Hibiki and those Noise in the spoiler
looks to me like the Noise look a weird strange of shape and the glue thing does so make of me think of what it appears more than anything. I mean why glue? The glue does not do anything than hold her? Right? So I find the ideal of this whole part to be somewhat suggestive of ecchi situations just saying.

There is also a Hebrew VS Norse thing going on based on the spoiler
that is Hebrew and Kanade has Norse for sure sine Odin is Norse.

About thee end, there 2 things. For one Hibiki x Miku laughing and holding hands in the spoiler
along with Miku smiling was wonderful after all the shit gone through in this episode.

The training of Hibiki by Genjurou in the spoiler
made me think Karate Girl with Bruce Lee somehow. Add to that that Hibiki even trained her voice and started to eat faster and more here. I knew she was going to get better and I hope more than Kanade was.

Why would you do this to Tsubasa? Shit man sad shit in episode. I wish it would have ended different. Was there really no choice? How is everyone going to take this? Kanade and now Tsubasa. Who is next other than Hibiki? Miku should be a Symphogear. Now there is no choice but to make her one.

BTW Image Stitches done in the spoiler
nice Nehushtan, Kanade and Tsubasa ones.

This was there first time making this show, yeah it had flaws, but good moments.
Oct 21, 2018 5:51 AM

May 2016
Tsubasa: OMAI WA MO SHINDERU

Yukine: Nani?
Oct 26, 2018 5:16 AM

May 2016
Ono did work on this when it first aired, now it all makes sense

>Directed episode 4,9
Oct 31, 2018 5:23 PM

May 2016
Wonder who that girl was, just hope to see more good content
Nov 29, 2018 6:47 AM

May 2016
I knew Ono was on work durining Season 1 and episode 4 takes the cake for his easter egg.
Sep 3, 2019 1:16 AM

May 2009
That little training montage at the end was great, but my god, the little discussion she has with Miku about keeping secrets from each other was so sad. I feel like Miku is also hiding something, but I'm not sure what.
Oct 20, 2019 11:24 PM

Aug 2018
I’ve never hate watched a series before. Other than Miki and Hibiki I hate the entire cast. I laughed as Tsubasa was bleeding out. The lesbo Dr wanting to pop cherries was distasteful, what next, salting the peanut? The lead male, seems to be a nutter right out of a G I Joe kids fantasy. Not a one of these reptiles is capable of doing the human thing.

From now on, I’ll be rooting for the noise. At least they aren’t pretending to be human.
Nov 2, 2019 10:22 AM

May 2016
That little training montage at the end was great, but my god,this was a YGO with magical girls, no wonder it felt like something came out from it.

The girl in the white armor looks hot tho.

Who directed this episode and why was it great. It felt like something i've seen before, but can't quet put my finger on it.
Apr 16, 2020 4:50 AM

May 2016
Great episode. Kanade was kinda crazy back then!

The fights are finally awesome!!! Lots of singing, clothes ripping, shouting, and of course blood :D

I guess the swan song is like their super move were it causes your body to reject it until you couldn't do it. Lucky Tsubasa survived. Still wish Kanade was still alive and all.

Kinda irritated at Hibiki complaining and complaining. Really reminds me of Gundam protagonist at times lol.

Glad she's training with Kazanari.

Lots of Yuri themes being shown here and all.

Can't wait for the next episode!

That little training montage at the end was great, but my god,this was a YGO with magical girls, no wonder it felt like something came out from it.

The girl in the white armor looks hot tho.

Who directed this episode and why was it great. It felt like something i've seen before, but can't quet put my finger on it.
May 7, 2021 2:15 AM

Feb 2020
Nice character deveploment for Hibiki. I always love the moments between her and Miku. They are so cute together. <3

That training montage was hilarious. xD

SerafosDec 28, 2023 7:39 AM
May 7, 2021 12:50 PM

Nov 2016
Hibiki found her resolve and the ending training montage was glorius xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 10, 2023 1:21 PM

Nov 2010
I wonder if Hibiki will eventually get a spear weapon like Kanade did, or is she stuck to just using her fist since she only has fragments of that relic?
I'm so glad they don't hold back when animating the action. It looks good! That was a sexy catfight!
Nirvanagedon sounds badass!
Tsubasa's butt and cameltoe looks delicious!
Once Hibiki learns from the master Bruce Lee, she'll kick lots of ass!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cirris - Mar 30, 2012

151 by TheLyingSpectre »»
Mar 13, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 9, 2012

58 by IssunWriter993 »»
Feb 4, 10:16 PM

» New movie announced

Piromysl - Dec 1, 2023

3 by KanameYuuki »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jan 6, 2012

265 by rsc-pl »»
Nov 22, 2023 1:11 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Feb 10, 2012

64 by WaffleMaster89 »»
Oct 20, 2023 6:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.