Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 12, 2010 1:25 PM

Jan 2009
This episode is great. We can saw true what the Haruko feel for the Misuzu. I hope she adopt Mizuzu, because in preview show the father Misuzu back.
Feb 19, 2010 7:40 AM

Apr 2009
Meddigo said:
clannad4ever said:
why the hell is the main character a crow now?xD

i so want to get into this like i got into clannad but i just can't :(

If you paid attention to the Summer Arc (the one that took place in the past), you would understand. You'll recall that one of the last scenes is Kanna taking to the air, causing some widespread destruction, and then being shot with many arrows. There were also dudes chanting which cursed her. Recall that Kanna sees a scene with Ryuuya and Uraha both dying. Of course we know that Ryuuya and Uraha survive and end up having a kid, etc. She is cursed to see that vision over and over again.

Anyway, the same curse that afflicted Kanna is also upon Misuzu. She cannot get close to anyone. If she does get close to someone she'll get sicker and sicker and eventually die. Yukito realized this, and thus separated himself from her. However, he couldn't leave her alone, so using magic past down from Uraha he puts all his feelings into the little doll and becomes a crow (be it through death->reincarnation or magic) so he could be near Misuzu and watch over her.

You make it sound so simple. :P

I did get it, but it all kind of smacks of 'cheeeeeeese'. But, considering they only had 13 (12 if you don't count the recap) it was done pretty well.
Mar 2, 2010 4:57 AM

Jan 2010
SpudUK said:
Meddigo said:
clannad4ever said:

If you paid attention to the Summer Arc (the one that took place in the past), you would understand. You'll recall that one of the last scenes is Kanna taking to the air, causing some widespread destruction, and then being shot with many arrows. There were also dudes chanting which cursed her. Recall that Kanna sees a scene with Ryuuya and Uraha both dying. Of course we know that Ryuuya and Uraha survive and end up having a kid, etc. She is cursed to see that vision over and over again.

Anyway, the same curse that afflicted Kanna is also upon Misuzu. She cannot get close to anyone. If she does get close to someone she'll get sicker and sicker and eventually die. Yukito realized this, and thus separated himself from her. However, he couldn't leave her alone, so using magic past down from Uraha he puts all his feelings into the little doll and becomes a crow (be it through death->reincarnation or magic) so he could be near Misuzu and watch over her.

You make it sound so simple. :P

I did get it, but it all kind of smacks of 'cheeeeeeese'. But, considering they only had 13 (12 if you don't count the recap) it was done pretty well.

yeah they should make a remake,with something like 24 episodes..
the story is abit hard to follow because of the few episodes...and you can't get into the characters
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Mar 12, 2010 3:54 AM

Jan 2010
Quite hard to understand.
Wafu~ !
Mar 29, 2010 2:34 PM

Dec 2007
I don't see how Clannad fans can accept that Shima (a cat) can turn into a dude, but yet can't accept that Yukito turned into a bird.

So silly ^_^
Apr 24, 2010 11:52 AM

Jan 2010
Lmao, the whole episode I was like, "Why am I watching all the past episodes in a crows perspective?" Anyways, I hope Yukito turns back to a human :(

But I get why he is a crow in the mean time. Pretty much because that's how he can stick close to Misuzu and not get them both killed.
May 11, 2010 4:55 PM

Feb 2010
Not too complicated.. but I'm glad people are explaining it so eloquently.

Honestly, I think Yukito (the "human consciousness" part) is gone, but he lives on literally in the "crow."

Very interesting...
May 17, 2010 1:42 PM

Jan 2008
I understood what happened. But.. I don't recall seeing a crow before this episode. o.0
May 20, 2010 2:19 AM

Mar 2010
nicoliolipoli said:
Lmao, the whole episode I was like, "Why am I watching all the past episodes in a crows perspective?" Anyways, I hope Yukito turns back to a human :(

But I get why he is a crow in the mean time. Pretty much because that's how he can stick close to Misuzu and not get them both killed.

Yeah I agree with you.. I feel like people don't like this anime because everyone compares it to Clannad and Clannad is better.
But I like Air alot, even tought I wish their where more eps.
Aug 25, 2010 4:38 PM

Feb 2010
Yukito is a crow watching over Misuzu now. Wonder what will happen from now on...
Sep 16, 2010 10:15 PM

Jan 2010
Blutspender said:
Yukito is a crow watching over Misuzu now. Wonder what will happen from now on...

I want him to turn back to human.
Oct 27, 2010 8:43 PM
Jan 2010
these feudal era episodes are actually better in my opinion.
Nov 4, 2010 10:20 AM

Aug 2010
My mind is full of fuck.
Mar 23, 2011 7:51 PM

Aug 2010
lolwut? O_o why is he a crow?
Aug 1, 2011 1:39 AM
Jul 2010
So he really is a crow now... But what happened? I'm guessing he wished to relieve the summer with her so he went back as a crow, to watch himself, acting the same way with Misuzu. And then he disappears ...along with the crow(?) I feel so bad for Misuzu!
Oct 25, 2011 5:58 AM

Aug 2011
Meddigo said:
clannad4ever said:

thanks!
Dec 10, 2011 5:05 PM
Nov 2011
This episode was great for filling in some plot holes.

How Haruka really feels about Misuzu, The oddity of the cake is not so odd now. I'm still mad about Yukito, mostly because I don't understand it, but I can't help feel this episode has lost something now that will never be gotten back.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Mar 1, 2012 2:10 PM

Jan 2012
I'm a little confused by this but here's my theory and only conclusion i can draw at this point.

Yukito Died the first time right before that whole past arc, and when he did he used his magic to reincarnate himself as a crow, for whatever reason. But when he reincarnated himself he was reincarnated at a point where he was still actually alive. So his living soul and Dead soul were both present at the same time.

I don't know why though?
May 1, 2012 7:19 AM

Mar 2012
blackfeather_58 said:
msw said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mmmm...Good episode but these are the fillers I hate most. You know the kind where it's like fillers but with new content spliced in, so, you have to watch it...

Kind of confusing with the crow, is the crow Yukito or what?

Yes.

Oh, my...

This is not a filler! They are tying up the gaps in the story. This is a very nice episode in which the story is explained in a wider sense.

Any, Yukito is not the crow!! How come you came up with this kind of conclusion? Don't you see both the crow and Yukito together?

Maybe in the later episodes, they are gonna say that the crow was somehow Yukito, but until now, there is not any such a-priori information. For now, the existence and identity of the crow is a total misery.
Jul 28, 2012 3:07 AM

May 2012
Great episode I do wonder whats next!
Aug 26, 2012 5:58 PM
Jul 2012
I get it now.
Lol everyone conversation with animals.
At the end i know she can't walked.
5/5
Feb 7, 2013 2:23 AM

Jan 2011
Not a lot of development in this episode, but it confirm a few things for me. Comedy in here was great though.
Preview looks serious, I'm looking forward to it.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 19, 2013 11:45 AM

Jan 2013
roar
Apr 23, 2013 2:39 AM

Dec 2010
I liked the episode itself, it felt great to watch, I just don't really get the story around the crow. But the episode was great anyway. (V)
Jun 20, 2013 4:41 AM

Apr 2013
The episode was nice. Most of it was a recap with the crow. But i'm still confused of what happened at the end : l
Aug 5, 2013 9:12 PM
Jul 2018
I was confused, but the people in this thread explained it well! ^__^
Great episode!
Mar 19, 2014 3:06 PM

Dec 2013
The double Yukito! So he watched what she has done Alain.
Jun 28, 2014 8:51 PM

Oct 2013
... my gosh, this episode made me realize just how much I love Misuzu. ;n; she's so cuuuuuute.

Despite the explanations in this thread, I still don't think it makes sense that Yukito lived as a human and as a crow simultaneously.

Veretax said:
The oddity of the cake is not so odd now.

It took your comment here for me to actually connect this event. So the guy who dropped the cake off with Yukito was actually Misuzu's father... the cake ended up getting back to his daughter anyway. How touching.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 20, 2014 4:41 PM

Jul 2014
I feel like this show is dicking around with a plot that is seemingly made up as it goes along. They try to tie in the past with the present with a paradox about Yukito being the crow that just feels like a ass pull. They somewhat clarify the significance of the winged people with connections to her dreams, notice i said SOMEWHAT.

15 episodes long & feels like a messy trainwreck 2/3 through

If this show gets any more convoluted then I don't see it getting anything higher than a 5/10 from me
Dec 14, 2014 10:41 AM

Feb 2013
I'm eager for the next episode.
Apr 17, 2016 10:59 PM

Jan 2014
been 2 years since someone made a post here :o

Anyways

Was confused at first, but was reading what others had to say and it's actually really touching :S

Just wish this anime had a 24 episode run. This show seemed rushed especially with the other characters.
Jun 17, 2016 3:06 PM

Jul 2013
The episode itself was good and sad, following the crow all the way finally showing what actually changed since the few episodes prior.
What I found the most dramatic about it is the preview of the next episode. It seems that a lot is going to happen...
Feb 14, 2017 5:25 AM

Oct 2016
The bits with the crow and Yukito were confusing at first, but the second half of this made up for it being confusing. Also payback for Haruko poking Yukito's eyes XD
Jan 27, 2018 12:02 PM

Mar 2013
What?? I'm not sure I understood? Was Yukito with her all the time? As a raven or as a human? Both? It is because he's a descendant of Uraha? I got double confusion with this episode. Also the preview made my heart hurt. Can someone be friends with that poor girl oh my god.

Update: Never mind just read some other posts on this thread. Interesting.
HeiizeJan 27, 2018 12:05 PM
Nov 22, 2019 4:17 AM
Oct 2018
this anime only goes up to 12 not 13, at least it does with me
Jun 4, 2020 8:45 AM

May 2018
Was Yukito watching himself as a crow?
Sep 25, 2020 10:34 AM

Aug 2018
OK! So... he turned into a crow?? ok

Oct 7, 2021 4:04 PM

Feb 2014
Wow, this was actually a really beautiful episode. It was interesting getting a new perspective on everything that's happened and all the characters, especially Misuzu's aunt, I see her in a much different way now.

I hope Yukito and Misuzu can be reunited both in human form. Seeing Misuzu cry after he left was really heartbreaking </3 :'(

Looking forward to seeing where the last 2 episodes take this show!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2021 6:58 AM

Jan 2017
What in the actual fuck is happening anymore, we got some scenes where the crow and Yukito are both present so how could he be the crow in the end. Am I missing something here?
Dec 20, 2021 7:15 PM
Dec 2017
another nice episode i think

Mar 10, 2022 1:00 PM

May 2020
Okay some users in this thread did explain things quite neatly.

Also watching all these happening from a third person view actually made me appreciate this a bit. All those subtle details throughout do make sense now. But still though their habit of going over the top with their supernatural stuff needs a check.
Aug 7, 2023 7:37 PM

Jul 2011
WTF is happening?
Check out my anime reviews or my pet will get you: Mezase Pokémon Master
Jan 11, 7:25 PM
Oct 2020
And then he turned himself into a crow, funniest shit I ever saw.

The second half of this show sucks so much!!!!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Air Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Animatronix - Mar 27, 2008

197 by EmmyMoomin »»
Jan 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Air Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Piroko - Nov 12, 2007

100 by KingYoshi »»
Oct 12, 2023 12:37 AM

Poll: » Air Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Genix - Oct 16, 2008

58 by Xenocrisi »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:59 AM

Poll: » Air Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yukia-Kontan - May 30, 2008

74 by Xenocrisi »»
Oct 4, 2023 12:30 PM

Poll: » Air Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Genix - Oct 9, 2008

58 by Xenocrisi »»
Oct 4, 2023 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.