Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Jan 29, 2012 12:01 AM

Sep 2008
Cool, glasses girl got wasted. I liked how much detail they put into it.

No more dislikeable characters.
Jan 29, 2012 12:11 AM

Jul 2011
My fave ep between first 3.
"People fall in love with a person, not a gender."
Jan 29, 2012 12:17 AM

Jul 2011
Wow ok, that was insane, actually when the guy ran to get the girl and she ran out all panicky was like oh whats going on then when she seen mai and ran faster i actually knew she was gonna die :/ i just had that feeling, but i didn't know how and i still cringed hard. Gore doesn't scare me though, i like supernatural stuff so i hope she is a ghost of some sort but i have a feeling she isn't and that people are just ignoring her coz she is connected to the curse...
I like the idea she is a doll and how one person said dolls are hollow and she filled that emptiness.
Im more wondering on why twintails thinks she has seen Sakikabara before, thats what irked me a little.... also no one mentioned how she talked about her other half... her other half is like the siamese dolls and she said she doesn't understand how they can be so calm looking, she talks as if she knows exactly how they should feel, meaning she might have a twin or something anyway. IT HAS TO BE SOMETHINGGGG... this anime is filled with what the hell's, at first i thought this isnt scary, she doesnt scare me at all, she looks like those typical characters that are quiet, i wish they would change the style, she looks wayy too normal apart from her pale skin... that creeps me out. i wish she was thinner and i dunno... scary a big dark eye and long hair would be more creepy to me.... I stil like this series, bring it on!

Woah one person said to google Saito Sakakibara... theres a scary part about how he killed a boy in school by lobing his head off with a saw and leaving the head infront of the school for other students to see it. with a note in his mouth writen in red pen... this... i cant believe that happened.. what a freak T___T /no sleep tonight
MiuNyaJan 29, 2012 12:55 AM
Jan 29, 2012 1:35 AM

Nov 2010
Meh. let's see where the story goes.
Jan 29, 2012 2:32 AM

Aug 2011
Oh that ending was sooooooo goood!!!!! *O* I'm starry eyed!
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Jan 29, 2012 3:58 AM

Oct 2011
i liked this episode very much... nice sound and awesome end
Jan 29, 2012 4:24 AM
Sep 2011
I like the eery vibe in this anime, keeps me curious and interested.
Can't wait to see more!
Jan 29, 2012 8:33 AM

Nov 2011
the ending... o_O
actually.. it was a bit funny.
Jan 29, 2012 9:19 AM

Jun 2010
So... the story is repeating itself? A classmate dies and everyone go crazy or what? Finally I'm getting interested in this show, let's see what happens next.
Jan 29, 2012 10:06 AM

Jul 2011
Lafox said:
the ending... o_O
actually.. it was a bit funny.

Yea, as soon as i saw the umbrella flying in the air with a sharp edge :D
Jan 29, 2012 2:26 PM

Nov 2009
OMG! The ending o.O
Jan 29, 2012 4:15 PM

Aug 2011
That ending.

The show is starting to pick up the pace now.
Jan 29, 2012 6:37 PM

Jan 2012
Err.. I'm gonna throw away my pointy umbrella D:
Jan 29, 2012 7:12 PM

Sep 2011
smakey said:
Err.. I'm gonna throw away my pointy umbrella D:
so they do exist, i knew i wasnt insane(well i am but thats aside the point), i could have sworn i owned one before

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 29, 2012 9:29 PM

Jan 2010
/shivers.
I've seen anime where a person was stabbed to death by an umbrella but not through the throat. That was utterly disturbing..

And yet I want to continue watching.
Jan 30, 2012 1:35 AM

Jun 2009
I really got shocked & scared at the end ><" ohhh SCARY!
From the shock, I caught my neck just like Kouichi ><" Poor Kouichi ..
This anime is scary, interesting, weird, exciting, awesome.. Everything..
I can't wait for the next epi ^^" even thought I am still scared ^^ haha

This epi. was >> 5/5

I hope this anime stay awesome until the end.. I hope..
Jan 30, 2012 1:51 AM

Jun 2009
Wuppie said:
.. So I'm waiting to be scared again in the next episode.

Hahah XD

Appel_stroop said:
I'll never be able to walk of a staircase while holding an umbrella again.

Yeah me too -_-" I really got scared and said "Oh an umbrella could kill!!XP"
haha :)
Jan 30, 2012 2:11 AM

Jun 2009
I don't want the rest to die anymore.. Yukari's death was soooo SCARY XP Poor girl ..
I hope the rest don't die.. or at least not in a Bad way like Yukari ><"

-------------------

This episode's discussion reached more than 400 replies ^^ Wooow
This shows that most people who watched this episode got excited in a different way :)
Another affected everyone differently ^^

--------------

Kawaii7878 said:
Now I officially hate umbrellas.

All of us started to hate umbrellas now XD haha
Jan 30, 2012 8:14 AM
Jun 2008
The placement of the seat of class 3-3.(img found at official website)

R.I.P Sakuragi
Jan 30, 2012 10:26 AM

Apr 2010
Pretty cruel cliffhanger and it looks almost like Sakakibara's actions where the cause of it since Mei mentioned him being the only one able to see her.
Things are becoming more interesting.
And what we learned from this is not to run on staircases!!

I am still wondering why they didn't tell Sakakibara anything about the myth almost seems like they are afraid to be targeted next.
Jan 30, 2012 10:55 AM

Aug 2011
Yay it's finally monday :D
-stares at the clock- ep 4 when are you coming out? :L
Jan 30, 2012 12:14 PM

May 2010
won't buy an umbrella within sharp edge :/
Jan 30, 2012 1:14 PM

Jul 2009
It's funny how a girl with a red eye is fine, but the green eye is the oddity. :P

Falling down the stairs was bad enough, but the umbrella was just an added element of nasty. :o

Good ep' - very informative.

Jan 31, 2012 9:57 PM

Oct 2008
Awesome ending (ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ

I can't wait to see how the rest

Feb 1, 2012 6:31 AM

May 2007
This is this type of series huh. I don't know if I am going to enjoy watching the characters systematically murdered in more and more out there ways.
My anime list
Feb 2, 2012 10:31 AM

Mar 2009
mitamaking said:
This is this type of series huh. I don't know if I am going to enjoy watching the characters systematically murdered in more and more out there ways.

Agreed.

Although, I'll continue watching, art is great. As well as the music and overall atmosphere.
Feb 3, 2012 12:01 AM

Mar 2008
Cirris said:
Horo said:
YES! REALISTIC!
-falling of the stairs, no broken neck (lucky)
-umbrella reaches the floor faster than the girl
-umbrella has a HUUUUGE pike on top
-umbrella lands in THIS position and is even capable to pierce the girl
Could be interesting if things wouldn't be this hilarious. XD
Final Destination is more realistic lol.

THIS!!!

Yes, it was disturbing and chilling. But part of me thought, "Christ, not a 'lets find incredibly gruesome almost impossible ways to kill someone' show". Having her crack her head open falling down the stairs would have been gruesome enough and much more believable.

For me how she died practically ruined what was otherwise a really great episode.

You can argue that how she died couldn't possibly be accidental and it would make it seem like there's supernatural forces at work. However, i think it would be much better if it continued as if her accident could have been merely bad luck coupled with her foolish haste.

What a stupid ending to the episode.

The eye revealing part was pretty weak, I thought it was going to be something seriously messed up, but it was just another eye ball with a different colour...

I got pissed off at the death too because I knew she was going to die, but not so insanely stupid like that. I thought she was going to crack her skull open or snap her neck. It would have been more fitting for the horror atmosphere.

I still don't get why everyone is keeping a secret from Kouichi, it's retarded, if something bad was happening, why not let him hear about it too?

It was okay episode overall.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star." -Friedrich Nietzsche | Last.fm

Feb 3, 2012 10:47 AM

May 2011
idc if that was realistic or not, that was an awesome death scene O.O
Feb 3, 2012 11:04 AM

Mar 2011
That was an unexpected ending.
Feb 4, 2012 9:33 PM

Jul 2008
Ending was a bit silly imo, Could the writers really not think of a better way to kill her off than to have her impaled on an umbrella? Or maybe they wanted it to be something extreme like that so it would be more shocking idk. They did do a good job on hinted what was going to happen how you saw the point of the umbrella while she was falling, I think at that point most of us were thinking, "that umbrella is going through her eye isn't it?"

The first thing you want to conclude is that Misaki caused that through super natural powers. I hope there is more behind it that just that cause it would be a little easy to figure out. We don't really know what is a illusion and what isn't, it might be something really crazy. Maybe the main guy is crazy or something; to early to predict anything really, not enough hints, just cliche guessing. I can just hope it stays good. its ok if it gets crazy but I hope it doesn't go super crazy.
Feb 7, 2012 7:41 AM
Apr 2009
I laughed -- REALLY hard -- at how moronic that ending was. Seriously, this show is hilariously bad all-around, yet I still want to keep watching anyway.
Feb 7, 2012 5:47 PM

Apr 2009
So, it seems my guess was right about Mei having a glass eye under that eyepatch. Mei isn't the girl who died in the story... or so it seems because she claims she's just her cousin. Oh man, so we have our first casualty now. If she dies, then she dies a painful, horrible death, regardless of how or what killed her. I was not expecting it so soon, and in that way, too.

When I was watching the episode, I was kidding myself that "maybe this girl who offered to share an umbrella with him would be the first casualty, her scene feels like it set a death flag etc..." then lo and behold, she did. Imagine my surprise that it did happen. "What?" "Eh?"
Feb 7, 2012 8:08 PM

Feb 2012
So, from now on I am going to be extra careful about any dagger like objects I'm holding while going down stairs.

Ngh.... the neck spasms and the gurgling noise..
Feb 8, 2012 2:42 PM

Feb 2009
I know that maybe an umbrella can poke your eye, but skewer you...don't think so
Feb 8, 2012 10:32 PM

Oct 2010
holy...! shit just got real! O.O
Feb 9, 2012 12:32 PM

Nov 2010
I can't help but think she did that cliché anime thing where a character falls onto someone in a compromising position but instead of landing on a pair of boobs she landed on her umbrella... that's a rather sharp umbrella too.
Feb 12, 2012 7:41 PM

Mar 2010
Lesson learned. Never run on the stairway while holding an umbrella.
Feb 14, 2012 11:21 PM

Jan 2012
Oh man that was disturbing..
Honestly wasn't really expecting this anime to be like that
Feb 19, 2012 4:56 PM
Nov 2008
SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT.................................O.O OMG I won't be able to sleep tonight ><
Feb 22, 2012 11:00 AM

Aug 2011
I also hate "those devices". Me and Misaki, we were made for each other...

Nice episode, but the death scene doesn't look probable
Feb 22, 2012 10:08 PM

Oct 2011
its possible, i think. the force of impact from the momentum of her falling down probably caused the umbrella tip to penetrate her neck -_- and given that the umbrella's tip looks dangerously sharp lol

great show. had me biting my nail the whole time
Nope.
Feb 23, 2012 12:04 AM

Sep 2008
So Chihiro-chan just happened to find something to fill that hole! I am glad for her.
Totally loved her storytelling and how she is like the harbinger of death.

I guess Chihiro-chan can't be an angel anymore.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2012 10:55 PM

Jan 2011
Moral of the episode: don't ever run when you're going downstairs.
Feb 24, 2012 6:13 PM

Jan 2010
Hey
So the glasses girl died
and she was the first one to appear after Sakakibara in the ending
is that showing who dies physically after Sakakibara dies soul-ly?
OMG
Feb 24, 2012 6:15 PM

Sep 2011
LovingHate said:
Hey
So the glasses girl died
and she was the first one to appear after Sakakibara in the ending
is that showing who dies physically after Sakakibara dies soul-ly?
OMG
no

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 25, 2012 10:07 AM

Aug 2011
REMEMBER KIDS! DON'T RUN DOWN THE STAIRS WITH AN UMBRELLA! >:D
Feb 25, 2012 12:44 PM

Nov 2010
brb, burning all my spike top umbrellas.
Feb 27, 2012 10:56 PM

Aug 2010
HOLY SHIT!!! :O finally something happened REALLY creepy and things are getting interesting
Feb 28, 2012 6:05 PM
Sep 2008
Mar 2, 2012 12:31 PM

Sep 2010
Oh my god the ending...
But one thing I don't understand: wasn't he the only one who saw her?
Still so many questions...must keep on watching.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Pages (14) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.