Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 25, 2012 1:26 PM

Aug 2011
kurisutii_rin said:
I must buy a few external hard drives and download a mass collection of anime. I don't have the money to buy them or the internet speed to download the mass collection that comes to mind.
I plan on watching the videos someone posted about acta but I'm at college right now.
Maybe I can find some blogs or something about it to read for now. If acta got passed the internet wouldn't be the same anymore.
Are you talking about Japan or elsewhere? Because it's already passed in a lot of places. Which is terrifying. Apparently it doesn't go into motion until sometime in 2013 however.
Jan 25, 2012 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
I wasn't really talking about any country in particular. I live in the united states and according to other peoples' comments its already passed here. 2013 is real soon when you think about it. The other things it mentioned in that one video is horrible too. Some people really rely on generic drugs. I take a generic anti depressant but that's not life threatening really but what about the poor people with cancer or certain diseases. I don't really understand the thing about the seeds though.
Jan 25, 2012 7:03 PM

Nov 2010
Well then, *puts strike cap on* lets do this. I am ready for another blackout protest. I will even start boycotts if I have to anywhere they sell merchandise. I wonder if the search engines, social networks.and.all those who protested against SOPA/PIPA will.protest again...Anonymous is a given, maybe Lulzsec will resurrect even. Oh well, we should rally up as.many communities as we can and get another blackout going, harass congressmen some more, etc as.much as we can.possibly do non-violently. Lets make some history folks.
Jan 26, 2012 4:48 PM

Aug 2011
should i worry about this?
Jan 26, 2012 8:40 PM

Nov 2010
DrTwisted12 said:
should i worry about this?
Of coarse not, its not like you don't use Youtube or anything...
Jan 27, 2012 3:05 AM

Aug 2010
Romania signed ACTA. I've got nothing to say, no comment. I'm thinking of cutting myself from the Internet, lol.
There are two good things though.
Seems like ACTA won't be put into action in EU if it isn't voted by all EU countries in June. Apparently, Netherlands, Estonia, Cyprus, Slovakia and Germany didn't sign the agreement, so nothing will happen for now (way to go to those countries), at least until June.
The second thing is this (apparently this is was the site of the Romanian National Institute of Physics and Nuclear Engineering - lol, I didn't open anything from there, but seems like garbage) - LE - seems like it's finally down, lol.
koleareJan 27, 2012 10:13 AM
Jan 27, 2012 5:29 AM
Dec 2009
Didnt EU sign this shit?
Hopefully not coming not Norway. But It will most likely considering the norwegian politics sucks.
Jan 27, 2012 8:41 AM

Dec 2011
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16757142

make of it what you will.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 27, 2012 10:25 AM

Aug 2010
QysteiN said:
Didnt EU sign this shit?
Hopefully not coming not Norway. But It will most likely considering the norwegian politics sucks.
They signed it. It can't be put into motion until the Parliament has given its approval though, which will be in June. It can still be stopped if only one vote is against it in the Parliament. If all countries vote for, we'll enter a new Internet Era ;D
Jan 27, 2012 12:15 PM

Feb 2008
This is the end of democracy. Democracy is all about free speech and the rule of the people. Yet this ACTA shit is being signed without even bothering to inform the population, much less asking their opinion on this.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Jan 27, 2012 12:26 PM

Jul 2008
SailorKagome said:
This is the end of democracy. Democracy is all about free speech and the rule of the people. Yet this ACTA shit is being signed without even bothering to inform the population, much less asking their opinion on this.

Yes this is the main problem I have with it.
It wouldn't bother me that much if ACTA was accepted by the majority of the people but the fact that a few dozens of men that barely use internet themselve are deciding what will happen with it make me sick.
Jan 27, 2012 12:51 PM

Feb 2008
I also see tons of people losing their jobs and the whole IT industry slowing down. Many internet providing services will either go bankrupt or simply cease to exist. What would be the use to pay for internet if it's so much trouble and doesn't grant you access to any information you may need ? The only free source of knowledge will be gone and since books are expensive already, the future generation will only turn dumber and dumber. Way to go and make people more stupid than they already are.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Jan 27, 2012 12:57 PM
Jul 2009
It's all about money, sadly.
Poland signed it damn...so basicly noOne will have access to anime anymore meh.

"Everything you can do legally today in the EU, you would be legally able to do if Acta is ratified."
So you're saying man that EU will tell me what I can do and what not even when it comes to internet? EU do not allow you to watch anime, watch youtube or google sites that EU hates....FAIL.

http://krzysztofgonciarz.com/2012/01/wygralismy/
For all ppl around the world. Just Try to call/write to our/your goverment/rulers and convince them not to sign this in full glance, because there is still a chance to win! Second round April!
batonikJan 27, 2012 1:05 PM
xxx
Jan 27, 2012 1:06 PM

May 2008
SailorKagome said:

You believe in democracy? Naive.

It's signed but not ratified yet.

Jan 27, 2012 1:43 PM

May 2008
This article speaks about modyfing the treaty. It can still not be ratified as a whole, US did that.

Jan 27, 2012 1:44 PM

Jun 2008
Serduszko said:

"Everything you can do legally today in the EU, you would be legally able to do if Acta is ratified."
So you're saying man that EU will tell me what I can do and what not even when it comes to internet? EU do not allow you to watch anime, watch youtube or google sites that EU hates....FAIL.

His saying: "Everything you can do legally today in the EU, you would be legally able to do if Acta is ratified."
What he forget to mention is: "It's just that now we will know everything you do and can throw you in jail for the most stupidest things easily".
Jan 27, 2012 2:41 PM

Nov 2011
SailorKagome said:
The only free source of knowledge will be gone and since books are expensive already, the future generation will only turn dumber and dumber. Way to go and make people more stupid than they already are.

i wouldn't agree to that. Using only internet source doesn't make you smarter. Yes you can find things in internet faster and more accurate ( you know "ctrl + F" button) and read only parts of a text that you need. Its a plus. But in the same time if you were searching for the same information in a book you had to read a lot more. More reading= more knowledge.
Of course this is only a simple example but i don't think that internet made people smarter. More lazy =YES

Maddo_scientisto said:
SailorKagome said:

Yes this is the main problem I have with it.
It wouldn't bother me that much if ACTA was accepted by the majority of the people but the fact that a few dozens of men that barely use internet themselve are deciding what will happen with it make me sick.

The same here. I believe over 90 % of worlds society is against all this ACTAS yet politicians are doing what they want...hey is it a good prognostic for the future??
Jan 27, 2012 2:42 PM

Jul 2008
Serduszko said:
It's all about money, sadly.
Poland signed it damn...so basicly noOne will have access to anime anymore meh.

I beleive that it won't go that way at least.
More service like Crunchyroll's will probably see the day if ACTA is put in action.

Crunchyroll pay for the liscence to stream the anime they do so watching anime on CR is completely legal. The problem now is that this service is not available world-wide. When pirating anime will become impossible then someone in EU might see profit in doing a CR-like business and he will do.
I don't think those service will stay free though but they might be offered for a small monthly price much more interesting than actually buying anime DVD/BR.

It also wouldn't be impossible for the actually good subber to start doing professionaly work for said agency because let's face it: CR got a few good subber but most of them are average at best.

ACTA is bad, i'm against it but when I see people whining only because they won't be able to watch anime anymore and not because of how morally wrong this whole treaty is then it makes me a sad panda.
Jan 27, 2012 2:55 PM

Feb 2008
Senzu15 said:
SailorKagome said:
The only free source of knowledge will be gone and since books are expensive already, the future generation will only turn dumber and dumber. Way to go and make people more stupid than they already are.

i wouldn't agree to that. Using only internet source doesn't make you smarter. Yes you can find things in internet faster and more accurate ( you know "ctrl + F" button) and read only parts of a text that you need. Its a plus. But in the same time if you were searching for the same information in a book you had to read a lot more. More reading= more knowledge.
Of course this is only a simple example but i don't think that internet made people smarter. More lazy =YES

I agree with you but Internet is a good source of information for poor people. In my country, paying for internet is cheaper than buying a book. Whenever I study for an exam, I also download lots of books ( mostly in PDF) from torrents or scribd, books that I honestly don't afford. That's why internet is good, because it's cheap. And even though is not as good as reading a book, it's still better than nothing.

Jan 28, 2012 1:25 AM

Mar 2009
The so called attack against piracy, is actually an attack against bloggers and freedom of speech on the internet.

Like they give a damn about us downloading movies and mp3's illegaly.

But did you know that the news and articles of various news agencies, and the images and videos therein, are also copyrighted?

With laws such as SOPA/PIPA/ACTA these will be affected too, as in others will not be able to reproduce these articles, images and videos in their sites which will therefore result in a monopoly of opinion on the internet by the official news agencies.

I think this is their true goal. To reign in the internet freedom of speech and alternative news and opinions.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jan 28, 2012 2:21 AM

Nov 2011
SailorKagome said:

I agree with you but Internet is a good source of information for poor people. In my country, paying for internet is cheaper than buying a book. Whenever I study for an exam, I also download lots of books ( mostly in PDF) from torrents or scribd, books that I honestly don't afford. That's why internet is good, because it's cheap. And even though is not as good as reading a book, it's still better than nothing.

Yeah your right. Thats why i think that rather creating ACTA ( and all those problems that it comes with - restricting the internet, freedom of speech etx) they should create a new price policy. I know its nothing new but really if they would fight piracy with lower prices it would be beneficial to all

And they should stop talking b@llshit that with lower prices it wouldn't be cost-effective.If in todays world with piracy a movie /music star earns hundreds of dollars for a singe role in a movie/concert then it means thats cost-effective. And for example screenwriters must protest cause they don't have money ( and their work is often much more important then the actors)
They just need a change in the industry politics not in the internet

kodial said:
I think this is their true goal To reign in the internet freedom of speech and alternative news and opinions.

Yeah All those ACTAS are not a fight against piracy. Its a fight to have power over internet. And thats the saddest thing for me. Politicians are saying that they are doing it for the good of society In reality its all about power
Jan 28, 2012 3:58 AM

Jun 2008
kodial said:
The so called attack against piracy, is actually an attack against bloggers and freedom of speech on the internet.

Like they give a damn about us downloading movies and mp3's illegaly.

But did you know that the news and articles of various news agencies, and the images and videos therein, are also copyrighted?

With laws such as SOPA/PIPA/ACTA these will be affected too, as in others will not be able to reproduce these articles, images and videos in their sites which will therefore result in a monopoly of opinion on the internet by the official news agencies.

I think this is their true goal. To reign in the internet freedom of speech and alternative news and opinions.

Agree on that. As i said many time the strong openness of the internet feels very threatening to them and they want to turn it into another control medium in the way they managed to basically control most of the usual press like papers and TV.
Jan 28, 2012 12:20 PM

Aug 2009
I am not worried until congress enacts legislation enacting it into law.It is a treaty regardless of what Obama is trying to call it and as such it needs congress to write legislation to enact it into law.

I do not know if anyone remembers that illegal in Texaswho was executed several months age for raping and murdering a 16 year old girl , he tried claiming his consular rights were denied. The supreme court said that even though the US signed a treaty granting consular rights congress must enact legislation in order for that international law to apply.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leal_Garcia_v._Texas
Leal Garcia v. Texas

The Court did not stay the execution because Congress must enact legislation in order for international law to apply.
ezikialrageJan 28, 2012 12:24 PM
Jan 29, 2012 11:27 PM

Dec 2009
ACTA is not an act, it's a trade agreement.
They can form an international legal group but can they by-pass a country's legal system?
Jan 29, 2012 11:30 PM

Dec 2010
This is what happens when trolls succeed in pissing off the government officials.

Feb 3, 2012 1:22 AM

Mar 2009
Anonymous hacked the website of my country's Ministry of Justice today. Demanding our politicians should not sign ACTA. Which they did, anyway.

However I'm thankful that they tried. Though I still don't trust them, they said big truths in the video that they uploaded on the hacked site. For that I'm thankful too. I guess it won't hurt to support them in their fight against ACTA, at least.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Feb 3, 2012 2:48 AM

Mar 2010
By the way, if anyone wants to help, you can sign this Anti-ACTA petition which will be delivered to decision-makers in Brussels :]
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/eu_save_the_internet_spread/?slideshow
Feb 3, 2012 3:28 AM

Mar 2009
Strider said:
By the way, if anyone wants to help, you can sign this Anti-ACTA petition which will be delivered to decision-makers in Brussels :]
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/eu_save_the_internet_spread/?slideshow

I don't think this will achieve anything, my friend. Other than that in a very possible dystopian soon-to-come future, they will round us up for signing up there. :P

Oh no problem, they're gonna get me anyway!
Feb 3, 2012 4:59 AM

Nov 2011
Yes as kodial said

Online petitions aren't very useful. But you can start a real petition. In Poland 3 students managed to create a anti-Acta petition to polish government with over 250 thousand signatures.

If this continuous ( hopefully) we will have a referendum
Feb 3, 2012 5:35 AM
Jul 2018
acta sucks, nuff said
Feb 3, 2012 10:04 PM

Nov 2009
oh great, australia signed it.......

>dont want to live on this planet anymore

as soon as it becomes enacted, im cutting off from my ISP, and would probably end up going kinda old school but just going Local Networking/Intranetting, and setting up a small webpage hosting on an intranet just for random pages, kinda like Geocities before it died (im such a nostalgic)

if i have the grass to lay on and the wind to stroke my cheek, i dont need anything else, sleeping with a contented smile.
Feb 4, 2012 2:01 AM

Jan 2007
Lol As I kinda expected, in the EU that are countries who signed this even if they did not know much about it.
Feb 4, 2012 3:45 AM

Nov 2011
Zero said:
Lol As I kinda expected, in the EU that are countries who signed this even if they did not know much about it.

A.k.a. Poland...gezz we really have a stupid government...now the politics are apologizing saying that signing it doesn't mean anything etx...usual political babble

at least we aren't the only idiots...but i don't know if i should be happy about it........
Feb 4, 2012 6:50 AM

Oct 2008
I honestly hope this gets passed, then maybe people will finally start to wake up and do something for once. The more these type of bills get struck down the longer it prolongs the inevitable. It will happen as the people who run the show always get what they want in the end.
Feb 4, 2012 4:48 PM

Nov 2009
Mujina said:
I honestly hope this gets passed, then maybe people will finally start to wake up and do something for once. The more these type of bills get struck down the longer it prolongs the inevitable. It will happen as the people who run the show always get what they want in the end.

why should it get passed? the only reason for it being around is to try and save an outdated/inundated and dying business model, which refuses to merge to the internet because "there is no profit for doing such a thing" which is nonsense.

if i have the grass to lay on and the wind to stroke my cheek, i dont need anything else, sleeping with a contented smile.
Feb 20, 2012 8:49 PM
Feb 2012

http://rjace1014.deviantart.com/art/A-C-T-A-All-Cats-Training-Association-285602472

DOWNLOAD, SPREAD THIS!! You may repost it or do it on your blog or modify it as long as you link it back to me!

ACTA can stop us sharing info? No way!
If they shutdown all file sharing sites, we use Email Address,
If they Censor all email address, we share using IP Address,
If they Censor the entire internet, we share using USB Drives,
If they ban the sales of USB Drives, we share using CD and DVD
If they ban the sales of CD's and DVD's, we share our Computer.
If they don't sell computers, we share via paper.

The government is not a threat to halt us sharing info. They cannot stop us. There's a tons of ways to bypass anything even if it means of hacking. The government is cheating on us anyways so why can't we cheat them back. Everything about the truth is a lie.

http://rjace1014.deviantart.com
Feb 20, 2012 9:03 PM

Feb 2010
RJAce1014 said:

Did he really just register to this site to post this?
Feb 20, 2012 11:16 PM

Feb 2010
@RJAce1014, you're doing it wrong.
LUL
Feb 21, 2012 2:03 PM

Aug 2009
RJAce1014 said:

http://rjace1014.deviantart.com/art/A-C-T-A-All-Cats-Training-Association-285602472

DOWNLOAD, SPREAD THIS!! You may repost it or do it on your blog or modify it as long as you link it back to me!

ACTA can stop us sharing info? No way!
If they shutdown all file sharing sites, we use Email Address,
If they Censor all email address, we share using IP Address,
If they Censor the entire internet, we share using USB Drives,
If they ban the sales of USB Drives, we share using CD and DVD
If they ban the sales of CD's and DVD's, we share our Computer.
If they don't sell computers, we share via paper.

The government is not a threat to halt us sharing info. They cannot stop us. There's a tons of ways to bypass anything even if it means of hacking. The government is cheating on us anyways so why can't we cheat them back. Everything about the truth is a lie.

http://rjace1014.deviantart.com

Extreme fear mongering will only hurt your cause.
Feb 21, 2012 2:27 PM
Jul 2008
I don't know about you people I think you should be more concern on TPP like ACTA it being done in secret I hear it much more worst than ACTA.

https://www.eff.org/issues/tpp
Feb 21, 2012 2:32 PM

Aug 2010
SoraChanLove said:
I don't know about you people I think you should be more concern on TPP like ACTA it being done in secret I hear it much more worst than ACTA.

Another one?...
Feb 21, 2012 2:48 PM

Feb 2010
I've pretty much gave up on caring at this point. Honestly it's bound to happen eventually and it will be the only way they will learn how truly wrong these polices are.
Feb 21, 2012 2:55 PM
Jul 2008
koleare said:
SoraChanLove said:

Another one?...

Yep. I heard those hollywood lobbyist guys were involed on the recent meeting on that TPP thing. You know them there anti piracy to the extreme.
Mar 6, 2012 1:30 AM

Feb 2012
I've got an idea for a good protest.

On a certain date, we all go to the movies, buy popcorn, maybe a coke, yell (or say if you are shy) I"m boycotting movies right now but I wanted to come and support my local theater. It's not YOUR fault the entertanment industry are robbing us of our free speach on the internet!
Pass out a few fliers, and leave.
Mar 6, 2012 1:36 AM

Sep 2011
sisgood said:
I've got an idea for a good protest.

On a certain date, we all go to the movies, buy popcorn, maybe a coke, yell (or say if you are shy) I"m boycotting movies right now but I wanted to come and support my local theater. It's not YOUR fault the entertainment industry are robbing us of our free speech on the internet!
Pass out a few fliers, and leave.

This post is win. I was already imagining myself doing it.
Mar 6, 2012 4:38 AM
Jul 2018
FatherAnderson said:
I've pretty much gave up on caring at this point. Honestly it's bound to happen eventually and it will be the only way they will learn how truly wrong these polices are.

I agree with this
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.