Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 21, 2012 6:24 PM
Mar 2010
EllaMila1 said:
Epic episode, been waiting for this so loooong! asdhgk;

Not sure if I can say that about the next episode though..

Jan 21, 2012 7:51 PM

Mar 2011
Amazing episode...nuff said
Jan 21, 2012 9:21 PM

May 2008
NEXT EPISODE HAS GRAY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU finally , although Lucy didnt do mch either . Hopefully they can finish off gildartz fight which i was wanting to see

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 21, 2012 9:52 PM

Sep 2011
Best episode yet!!
Superbly animated!!
Even better than the manga!!
Why am I yelling!!
Jan 21, 2012 10:48 PM

Sep 2010
I haven't been much of a fan of this arc since the beginning, but this was probably the best of episode in this arc yet. I only raised the rating of the show just because of Erza (since I love her).

I think the 7 kin are overrated though.
Jan 21, 2012 11:36 PM

May 2010
EPIC.
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jan 22, 2012 9:46 AM
Jul 2010
AkilaChione said:
Great episode..
I really like Erza vs Azuma fight.. One of the best fight in FT series till now.
I agree that the OST in this episode were awesome and really suit the episode.

^This

Tentacle rape, anyone?
madara1212Jan 22, 2012 1:22 PM
Jan 22, 2012 12:06 PM

Feb 2010
mundo said:
EllaMila1 said:

Jan 22, 2012 8:50 PM

Oct 2011
Yea so. The episode was really awesome, and I loved the Jellal x Erza connection deal going on.

However...

I swear that everyone got yet another boob upgrade. o_O

Jan 22, 2012 9:05 PM
Aug 2010
Long live SHOUNEN HAX!!!

Seriously, will Fairy Tail EVER do something new?

Every FUCKING arc it's the same damn thing.

Natsu and Erza ALWAYS win from summoning super human strength out of nowhere, I'm getting so damn tired of this plot device.
Jan 22, 2012 11:23 PM
Mar 2010
EllaMila1 said:
mundo said:
EllaMila1 said:

Jan 23, 2012 12:36 AM

Aug 2009
ichigo03 said:
Long live SHOUNEN HAX!!!

Natsu and Erza ALWAYS win from summoning super human strength out of nowhere, I'm getting so damn tired of this plot device.

Ahem. Orachion Sèis arc's fight; Erza vs Midnight. Erza wins by examining his opponent and counters effectively. Even Midnights biggest attack has no effect on Erza, because of her magic eye.

As for Natsu...i have no excuse for him. He wins because of friendship.
Jan 23, 2012 6:29 AM

Jan 2011
As always Erza's showed an amazing fight *-*
Now I'm looking forward to see the other ones fighting, specially Natsu and Gildarts.
I hope Laxus appears as soon as possible. I can't wait to watch him fighting.
Jan 23, 2012 12:52 PM

Jun 2008
Love the episode to death...amazing fight!

The fight, hands down, had to be the best one on Fairy Tail ever, but Azuma should of won. He clearly was the strongest, but this is shounen, so it was known Erza would win.

The background music was FABULOUS!!!!

Seeing Jellal was also great and had a romantic vibe to it. <3

Azuma had to be the best villain ever on Fairy Tail too...most are super lame

Even though it was cliche shounen at the end, this episode still get 8/5!

Loved, loved, loved it~
Jan 23, 2012 1:24 PM

Jun 2010
Was that blood I saw? :O Might be good news for one of the future scenes.
Jan 23, 2012 2:38 PM

Sep 2010
Shinobinomi said:
ichigo03 said:
Long live SHOUNEN HAX!!!

Ahem. Orachion Sèis arc's fight; Erza vs Midnight. Erza wins by examining his opponent and counters effectively. Even Midnights biggest attack has no effect on Erza, because of her magic eye.

As for Natsu...i have no excuse for him. He wins because of friendship.

Yep, that is what it is boring about this show.
Jan 23, 2012 3:21 PM

Jul 2009
My eyes burn with shounen cliches.
Jan 23, 2012 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
We all know that when that music pops in something epic's about to happen...
Jan 24, 2012 5:27 AM

Oct 2010
Well, it was a shonen cliche no doubt, but this time it's a bit different. It's not a male character, it's a freaking girl for a nice change! I'll be damned if I didn't admit that it was a superb episode. Erza FTW!!!

How come other shonen shows like Bleach and Naruto are afraid to show toughness of female spirit? Except maybe for Tsunade and Yoruichi, but they never had epic moments like Erza have. That is a shame.
Jan 24, 2012 7:15 AM

May 2008
Erza was amazing this episode YES for Shounen CLICHE! Great how we saw Jellal again lol wonder what will happen next will we see Gildarts vs. Blue Note or Natsu and the other can't wait for next episode hopefully this arc is coming to an end!
Jan 24, 2012 10:52 AM

Jul 2010
BANZAI ERZA SCARLETTO-SAMA! BANZAAAAI!
I swear it was one of best FT episodes.
Jan 24, 2012 6:24 PM

Oct 2008
Really nicely animated and sounded battle.
Jan 25, 2012 4:41 AM

Sep 2009
Awesome ep!
Loved the use of Rachmaninoff!!
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Jan 25, 2012 5:15 AM

Oct 2010
Great episode Erza and the music wow!
Jan 25, 2012 5:15 AM

Aug 2011
Ive seen better Erza fights.
4/5
Jan 25, 2012 8:34 AM

Apr 2011
No you haven't
Jan 25, 2012 3:15 PM

Oct 2010
Zubo said:
Ive seen better Erza fights.

Only if you liked static images and lots of talking.
Jan 26, 2012 3:11 PM

Jun 2008
cliché or not, there is no doubt that Erza Scarlet is the strongest girl ever made in a shounen. Look at Naruto, One Piece and Bleach´s girls and compare them to Erza. Erza is way stronger...by far. It is the first time in a shounen that a girl surpasses the male protagonist in power.

Besides, Nakama power never gets overrated if its made with an epic character. This would probably suck if it was made with Lucy, but we´re talking about Erza XD

Just for that 5/5 ;D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 27, 2012 9:51 AM

Jun 2008
mundo said:
While the anime did handle it a little better then the manga, that was still the biggest most cliched asspull I've ever seen. Before someone uses the "its just a shonen they all do this" defense, I'd like to point out that not all shonen do this, all bad shonen with uncreative writers do this. Good shonen like One Piece, Yu Yu Hakusho, and yea even Bleach and Naruto, don't do it on nearly the level Fairy Tail does. And in those even when the hero is horribly beaten and should have lost, they actually win by doing something clever not just using "the power of friendship". (I say usually because they do still fall victim to this, just not nearly as much as Fairy Tail where it happens in the majority of challenging fights. I wasn't expecting anything more from this fight, but I was really hoping that for once Mashima could've exceeded my expectations.

However I will give the anime credit for making it a much better fight then the manga. I was really enjoying it till the end. Very nice animation compared to the usual crap still shots Fairy Tail puts out, but still nothing special compared to other animes.

Oh and bye, Azuma, the only good villain in Fairy Tail.

That about how i think too. Definitely the fight looked cool, Eza was awesome and all that and it really was even better than the manga but Mahima as a writer lacks the ability of other shounen mangaka. He uses too much clishe and even presents them in a clishe way.

RyuKirin said:
Thalandor46 said:
CAN'T BE A FAIRY TAIL ARC WITHOUT JELLAL, AMIRITE!?

I really do not like this arc, and this episode did not help in the least bit. So much stupid shit from the very start, and the latest on the list is an overly cliche episode long shonen battle. Oh no, I lost (by acting stupid)! Power of friendship, I must succeed! Oh no, I lost AGAIN! Power of friendship, I must succeed! And the saddest part is that there was never a doubt in my mind that it was going to play out exactly like that. Maybe I just need to give up on FT. It's just not the show it used to be.

Fairy Tail has always been the show it was since it started. Mashima started it because he was a person who believed in Good over Evil, second chances in life, friends giving you strength all that etc...etc... you're telling me that your friends don't give you the strength to overcome something. Cause they always do for me. This show does give off good life morals in my opinion. Call it cheesy, but people just say that because they don't take the things seriously enough. Because at this point, this is a kind of show you just can't watch for fun or watch if your just bored. ^^

Yes Fairy Tail was always like that indeed it never was any different but saying it's not the kind of show to watch for fun or if you are bored is ridiculous. Are you trying to imply that this is a deep show? Give me a break. I actually watch it because am bored and to see some brainless action and fan-service. If i wanted to see something deep and philosophical with meaning i certainly wouldn't be choosing Fairy Tail.

Orulyon said:
cliché or not, there is no doubt that Erza Scarlet is the strongest girl ever made in a shounen. Look at Naruto, One Piece and Bleach´s girls and compare them to Erza. Erza is way stronger...by far. It is the first time in a shounen that a girl surpasses the male protagonist in power.

Besides, Nakama power never gets overrated if its made with an epic character. This would probably suck if it was made with Lucy, but we´re talking about Erza XD

Just for that 5/5 ;D

Strongest girl ever made in Shounen? Aren't the Bleach female captains and ex-captains like monstrous strong? And if you mean badass then someone wants to talk to you.
MonadJan 27, 2012 10:10 AM
Jan 27, 2012 11:22 AM

Dec 2009
I cried at Jellal scene. I wanna kill that frog people along with most of the council and see more Erza x Jellal scenes T_T.
Jan 27, 2012 11:52 AM

Jan 2010
"I bought that Seduction Armor last week..." XD
Denerwować się to mścić się na własnym zdrowiu za głupotę innych.
Jan 27, 2012 1:40 PM

Jun 2008
Monad said:

Strongest girl ever made in Shounen? Aren't the Bleach female captains and ex-captains like monstrous strong? And if you mean badass then someone wants to talk to you.

let me rebuild this: Strongest female protagonist. Look at Sakura (Naruto), Nami (OP) or Rukia (Bleach), and tell me if they are stronger than Erza? i dont think so. But if iam wrong, feel free to correct me, please.

and if u read my post i was referring to LONG running/airing shounen (aka, "endless" shounen). Which means Claymore doesnt count, otherwise i would have included DrGray Man, Soul Eater, etc. Im referring to the big 4. Which are Naruto, OP, Bleach and FT. Got it?:D

Im not saying FT is not cliche atm, because i know certainly it is, and Mashima its definitely not perfect. for instance, i hate the fact that no one dies in FT for real, they always come back somehow and that pisses me off. the latest arcs, specially ever since Edolas Arc, are repetitive and so not original. Its all true, not denying it, even i, felt bored several times.

But iam talking about this concrete episode, and mostly about Erza, and they way Mashima portrays her is definitely above every other chara in the show, including Natsu, since she is obviously still the most powerful of the group. (although someday obviously Natsu will surpass her). you dont see in the big 4, the authors giving such power to a female protagonist making her more powerful than the male protagonist. Is Rukia more powerful than Ichigo? or Sakura more powerful than Naruto? Nami more powerful than Luffy? i dont think so, but correct me if im wrong...

Iam not alone in this, because many people feel the same.
so even if i get bored with the next episodes of FT and Mashima doesnt have any imagination left, i still gotta give him credit for the amazing job he did with Erza as a character, which is pretty unique.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 29, 2012 9:35 AM

Apr 2011
A lol'd at the Seduction Armor :D

And here is the video from the full armor ^^ VIDEO
vmiki88Jan 29, 2012 9:40 AM
Jan 31, 2012 12:53 PM

Nov 2009
I thought that part was overdone and really, really corny and mood-ruining in the manga, but they really pulled through in the anime and made it into something really great. Manly tears were shed.
Mar 6, 2012 4:55 AM

Jul 2010
its been said already on this thread but wholy shit this fight is about 1000 times better in the anime. In the manga it kind of sucked, but the extra fighting and animation plus music took the fight to different level.
Apr 21, 2012 2:07 PM

Nov 2007
finally a good fight not involving Natsu. Erza hadn't really done anything this whole arc either.

and for once one of the enemies wasn't stupid or incompetent. just a bit cocky.

love others getting the spotlight instead of just the usual lol natsu wins.

I wanted to see the seduction armor lol.
May 1, 2012 12:33 PM

Jul 2010
Wow the music was just... ... wow. Amazing.

Erza's fights are always intense, except for Natsu I like them the most :) In combination it's like heaven :P

I'm really glad to see Jellal, even thuogh he got tortured by that frog bastard he's still alive and... yeah... .. just being alive :( I wish they'll free him/FT will help him escape because I want to see his "real" personality, not the posessed one :)
May 7, 2012 6:36 PM

Aug 2009
wow so thats how erza thinks of lucy lmao
Jul 18, 2012 12:15 AM
Nov 2009
the fact that only one person in this thread knew a large part of the music in this episode is rachmaninov (2nd piano concerto) is a little sad...
Sep 30, 2012 4:44 AM

Jan 2012
fuck i hate being old...

the logic in these shounen fights are just nonexistence

if only i was 20 years younger... I would enjoy the fuck out of this shit all over again

it was a joke of a fight, and you can't deny it

brb surviving 2 ultimate moves and turn it against the enemy to 1 shot him

sigh...
Oct 12, 2012 10:52 PM

May 2012
how many times has erza said that she was gonna die for something but always survives T.T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2012 2:00 PM

Dec 2008
Erza vs Azuma is my favourite fight of the show so far- I literally watched the episode twice in a row. Previous topspot was Mirajane vs Freed.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Nov 4, 2012 1:45 AM
May 2010
So rare to have musical masterpiece in Anime.
Dec 7, 2012 10:22 PM

Mar 2012
As expected, one of the best fights I've seen in a long time. Way to go Erza!
Jan 15, 2013 5:02 AM
Jan 2013
Indeed...one of the anime best episodes/fights so far :)

Does anyone has any idea what's the song in the end, when Erza does her final attack or where can i get it?

Thanks!
Apr 22, 2013 6:37 AM
Apr 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNnCzDZlGFo I believe that's the song used when Erza heard Jellals voice, in case anyone was wondering or couldn't find it.
Jun 4, 2013 4:55 PM

Sep 2011
YES
Jul 13, 2013 9:43 PM

Jul 2013
Was a good episode overall, but did they really need Jellal there? Did she really need MORE motivation for this fight? Seemed so random except its obviously a plots device to tell viewers he will be back soon. Could have been more subtle then having him appear out of no where giving her a random 2nd wind (I think it takes away from her since he had to "intervene"). Only complaint though I suppose.
Jul 18, 2013 5:26 PM

May 2012
Damn that was just amazing! And we even saw Jellal once more! Damn Erza you sure did it! And well you sure bought one nice attractive armor :p Really amazing episode as I can't repeat myself more often! Best episode from this arc for sure! Lets see what's next!
Aug 7, 2013 6:47 AM

Sep 2009
Dang it. This is probably my favourite arc (second is the Tower of Heaven). That was the best fight in Fairy Tail so far. I agree with the other people that if it was any other character, it would have been bulls***. Yes, it was cliche, but Erza made up for it. I was kind of disappointed with her lack of importance recently and now I can justify having her on my favourite character list.

The music was amazing. Non-stop epicness.

There was also some blood but since the magic was being used it wasn't coloured, just shining.

∞/5 episode.
Kikoman589Aug 7, 2013 7:03 AM
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 124 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2012

127 by phantom346 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 123 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2012

147 by phantom346 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 122 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2012

170 by phantom346 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ReaperEXE - Jan 4, 2010

113 by gannoncannon55 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 121 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Mar 9, 2012

88 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 4:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.