MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Fairy Tail Episode 114 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Fairy Tail »» Fairy Tail Episode 114 Discussion

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Poll: Fairy Tail Episode 114 Discussion


#1
01-20-12, 8:29 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 497
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Honestly one of the best fights I've seen ever, waaaaay much better than the manga in my opinion. The animation was amazing, the whole entire episode was focused entirely on that fight. It turned a towards the emotional side with the fighting for your comrades; I welled up a tiny-tiny-tiny bit there.
10/10.
Soundtrack was epic as well. Especially with the Rakuen no Tou OST they used, that was epic o.o.
ban1o.jpg
 
#2
01-20-12, 8:36 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 884
I bet the next soundtrack is going to come out around July because a lot of the ones the used in this fight where new. Episode was awesome, but to me it went by very quick for some reason.
 
#3
01-20-12, 8:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 754
So, they finally finished a fight. I guess now, with their magic power no longer being drained, Fairy Tail is back and kicking.

Next up are several fights, with Gildarts vs. Blue Note being the most anticipated for me. Gildarts didn't do much so far after all, especially not since arriving. I also wonder what Ultear is up to. Is she seriously just doing what she thinks Ur would want her to, or it is all just to fool him? She didn't use her chance to attack him after all.

She surely can't be stupid enough to think she can "turn" Gray, the moment he is convinced whatever Ultear is doing isn't what Ur wanted he would be an enemy again, so what does she want with him?

And when is Laxus (spoilerous opening is spoilerous, like all the others) going to appear? Oh, and why didn't Natsu use the chance to power himself up by sucking in that fire from Azuma? Too weak? He could speak quite a lot. Too far away? Maybe.

Should have robbed over there instead of talking. He actually looked like he would be about to eat it for a moment, but then they changed scene and the chance had passed. Too bad, would have been awesome to see Azumas expression. And better then Erza playing Natsu (as in, getting beat, standing up, getting beat again, standing up again). And why didn't she use her Flame Empress armor against his fire based attacks? Can't she requip when being hold? Didn't she already do this?
 
#4
01-20-12, 9:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 32
ah finally things are starting to look up
 
#5
01-20-12, 9:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 377
Easily one of the best episodes of Fairy Tail. The ending to that fight will surprise no one, the animation was not stellar, and the power of friends has been done before. Despite that I found the episode gripping and exciting, Erza comes through yet again.

And of course holy crap, what a non-stop stream of incredible music. OST 4 can't come soon enough.

I'll be watching this a couple more times before the weekend's over.
 
#6
01-20-12, 9:09 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 3917
Wow, very amazing battle. Erza Scarlet really is making battle episodes top notch.

I wish the opening song was still Towa no Kizuna by Daisy x Daisy, so then it'd match the theme of this fight. :p
 
#7
01-20-12, 10:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 5
Great episode..
I really like Erza vs Azuma fight.. One of the best fight in FT series till now.
I agree that the OST in this episode were awesome and really suit the episode.
 
#8
01-20-12, 10:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2664
Rachmaninoff eh?

I'm glad they upped up the animation during the Erza fight. Her being my favourite character, it was definitely a treat.

P.S.
I love my aprons.
:3
 
#9
01-20-12, 11:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 978
Absolutely amazing. One of the best eps of the series, easily.
 
01-20-12, 11:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 636
Teufel said:
Easily one of the best episodes of Fairy Tail. The ending to that fight will surprise no one, the animation was not stellar, and the power of friends has been done before. Despite that I found the episode gripping and exciting, Erza comes through yet again.

And of course holy crap, what a non-stop stream of incredible music. OST 4 can't come soon enough.

This. I thought that this would be a crappy episode, but man. Power of Friendship translates better in the anime.

 
01-20-12, 11:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2504
Awesome how they animated the prison, it was much better than the manga version,and there was also cameo of Daphne there. Loved the Erza fight extension, it made the overall fight much more interesting. Gives me hope that some of the few remaining fights will also be extended
 
01-21-12, 12:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 77
NwAurion said:
So, they finally finished a fight. I guess now, with their magic power no longer being drained, Fairy Tail is back and kicking.

Next up are several fights, with Gildarts vs. Blue Note being the most anticipated for me. Gildarts didn't do much so far after all, especially not since arriving. I also wonder what Ultear is up to. Is she seriously just doing what she thinks Ur would want her to, or it is all just to fool him? She didn't use her chance to attack him after all.

She surely can't be stupid enough to think she can "turn" Gray, the moment he is convinced whatever Ultear is doing isn't what Ur wanted he would be an enemy again, so what does she want with him?

And when is Laxus (spoilerous opening is spoilerous, like all the others) going to appear? Oh, and why didn't Natsu use the chance to power himself up by sucking in that fire from Azuma? Too weak? He could speak quite a lot. Too far away? Maybe.

Should have robbed over there instead of talking. He actually looked like he would be about to eat it for a moment, but then they changed scene and the chance had passed. Too bad, would have been awesome to see Azumas expression. And better then Erza playing Natsu (as in, getting beat, standing up, getting beat again, standing up again). And why didn't she use her Flame Empress armor against his fire based attacks? Can't she requip when being hold? Didn't she already do this?


i guess you dont read the manga...

answer 1 : natsu cant even stand up and so everyone else even gildarts ..and also yes its far away..natsu only eat fire when it all over him or infront of him...he cant suck fire from long distance...
but sucking that fire from azuma wont even help bec of the draining power going on the island ...natsu may power up but it wont last that long

answer 2 :well your right equiping into flame resistance armor will help but i think erza already decided not to use armor or no defence just complete attack at that time...
but erza is gonna win in the end anyway....so screw comon sense

about LAXUS ..just wait we will appear after all
yes the opening states he will appear and also the hint when he will arrive

this is no spoiler but just watch the op use just your comon sense til you got it when
 
01-21-12, 12:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 4913
The music. Seriously, the music for the entire episode is just epic.
Even with the power of friendship and all that, the music is just so amazing.
 
01-21-12, 12:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 347
YES!! they finally showed Erza's best armor
i'd really like to see her fight wearing that seductive clothes. She's so hot and she looks prettier than usual. And It seems that there's a chance that Jellal and Erza will reunite once more. I look forward to it.
Modified by piperz, 01-21-12, 12:31 AM
 
01-21-12, 12:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 259
...
Loved it!!


I really like the animation in this episode!


Erza's first loss


Second loss. It was Tenroujima power.


O_O! Erza realize that she's not alone and the guild is protecting each other... =')


Finally, Erza defeated Azuma :B


Edit: 6 out of 5...

.
Modified by Natodayo, 05-04-12, 6:36 AM
 
01-21-12, 1:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 310
Amazing animation, intense fighting and epic soundtrack. Erza winning by the power of friendship was obvious, but i still wished her to win in a game of powers just because she is such a badass, like in the Orachion Sèis arc. Even after getting hit twice with Azuma's biggest attack she still kept going. If it was any other character i would call bullshit, but in Erza's case i forgive her. And she didn't still get pissed about the Tower of Heaven...maybe later..?

Jellals voice reaching Erza waaat?

Seduction armor...i will gladly watch an entire filler episode if it gets to be shown.

Next episode looks like some of the fights will continue and Ultears mindgame's work on Gray so he lets her go with Zeref.
 
01-21-12, 2:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2755
that's Erza for you! had some doubt with this ep after reading the manga but anime team did a awesome job here easily one of the best ep of FT so far.
 
01-21-12, 2:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 273
Wow, that was a nice and long fight.
 
01-21-12, 2:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 215
Holy crap, that fight was awesome. Im trying remember if a fight was this good in terms of animation. The animation, music, execution of it all was probably the best yet. I know im watching this one several times before the next episode. Azuma has turned out to be a pretty cool villain to me and just when it seems like Erza couldn't shine anymore brighter, she pulls this number.

Obviously a 5/5 episode for me.
 
01-21-12, 2:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 284
this was one amazing episode > w <
i was crying at the end where everyone protected erza and the flashbacks with jellal but well this was one amazing thing ; w ;
MORE JELLAL MORE JELLAL PLS!!! XD"""
 
01-21-12, 3:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 426
CAN'T BE A FAIRY TAIL ARC WITHOUT JELLAL, AMIRITE!?

I really do not like this arc, and this episode did not help in the least bit. So much stupid shit from the very start, and the latest on the list is an overly cliche episode long shonen battle. Oh no, I lost (by acting stupid)! Power of friendship, I must succeed! Oh no, I lost AGAIN! Power of friendship, I must succeed! And the saddest part is that there was never a doubt in my mind that it was going to play out exactly like that. Maybe I just need to give up on FT. It's just not the show it used to be.
 
01-21-12, 3:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 104
This was easily the best fight in this series yet. The animation and the music was awesome and I really liked this episode! :D
 
01-21-12, 3:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1228
As long as Jellal is alive we will definitely see him in the future , felt so sorry for him this ep (magic council bastards Dx) Hopefully he dosen't forcefully revert back to his evil self due to all the torture.

Apart from that awesome battle, could have been abit more climactic - abit too obvious with the way Erza won, but nevertheless it was nice fight. ESPECIALLY the OSTs , This is what FT Shines best at!
 
01-21-12, 4:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 963
Amazing episode!!! One of the best of FT so far..
The ost, the animation and of course the battle were perfect :)
Anyone notice Daphnie in her shell???
Poor Jellal(that frog bastard) :(
I can't wait for the next episode!!!
 
01-21-12, 5:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 37
Spotted the filler character Daphne in this episode. haha
 
01-21-12, 5:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 233
Erza is so cool!! <3

5/5 :)
 
01-21-12, 6:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2050
Get over it Jellal haters. Gerard is atoning for his sins on prison, im sure he shall someday get out of there after some years and be canon with Erza. GERZA is meant to be...Im so glad Mashima never forgets Gerard~



Awesome episode, Nakama power is the best~
Modified by Orulyon, 01-21-12, 6:37 AM
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ 飛ぶ
 
01-21-12, 6:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1566
Fuck that was awesome! Erza has always been one of the best characters, living up to her name 'Titania' love her to bits! This fight gets a 5/5 from me. Jellal is back, those frog people were so cruel, torturing Jellal!

I can't wait for next episode, from Erza to Gray!
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
 
01-21-12, 7:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1438
I don't quite love the idea of standing up again and again for a character like Erza, I would've liked it more if she just beat the guy up...:P Oh, well... At least, now, the game is opened again, I look forward to the next episodes...
Oh, and I found the thing with Jellal nice, it's good to see such things sometimes...
 
01-21-12, 8:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 311
Yay we got to see Jellal xDD
Animation and OST were really amazing and the battle was very good.
 
01-21-12, 8:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 104
Hands down the best episode!!! Ezra is amazing as always!!!
 
01-21-12, 9:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 7732
Epic ep! way better than it's manga counterpart.
The animation was soooo good, and how they extended the fight made it feel way better.
Azuma was an awesome villain, and the way they animated his fire was amazing, if only natsu's fire looked that cool...!
 
01-21-12, 10:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 321
While the anime did handle it a little better then the manga, that was still the biggest most cliched asspull I've ever seen. Before someone uses the "its just a shonen they all do this" defense, I'd like to point out that not all shonen do this, all bad shonen with uncreative writers do this. Good shonen like One Piece, Yu Yu Hakusho, and yea even Bleach and Naruto, don't do it on nearly the level Fairy Tail does. And in those even when the hero is horribly beaten and should have lost, they actually win by doing something clever not just using "the power of friendship". (I say usually because they do still fall victim to this, just not nearly as much as Fairy Tail where it happens in the majority of challenging fights. I wasn't expecting anything more from this fight, but I was really hoping that for once Mashima could've exceeded my expectations.

However I will give the anime credit for making it a much better fight then the manga. I was really enjoying it till the end. Very nice animation compared to the usual crap still shots Fairy Tail puts out, but still nothing special compared to other animes.

Oh and bye, Azuma, the only good villain in Fairy Tail.
Modified by mundo, 01-21-12, 10:08 AM
 
01-21-12, 11:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 16
Fight was nice to watch, enjoyable and still managed to be shit for reasons already described.

Also, what is that thing in the background here (around the 4:58 mark)? http://i.imgur.com/1sZrE.jpg

I can't remember, is that a recurring thing that gets put in the anime?
Modified by Aeyuin, 01-21-12, 12:08 PM
 
01-21-12, 11:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 4
What is that

Panda men version Fairy tail? XD
 
01-21-12, 12:30 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 497
Thalandor46 said:
CAN'T BE A FAIRY TAIL ARC WITHOUT JELLAL, AMIRITE!?

I really do not like this arc, and this episode did not help in the least bit. So much stupid shit from the very start, and the latest on the list is an overly cliche episode long shonen battle. Oh no, I lost (by acting stupid)! Power of friendship, I must succeed! Oh no, I lost AGAIN! Power of friendship, I must succeed! And the saddest part is that there was never a doubt in my mind that it was going to play out exactly like that. Maybe I just need to give up on FT. It's just not the show it used to be.


Fairy Tail has always been the show it was since it started. Mashima started it because he was a person who believed in Good over Evil, second chances in life, friends giving you strength all that etc...etc... you're telling me that your friends don't give you the strength to overcome something. Cause they always do for me. This show does give off good life morals in my opinion. Call it cheesy, but people just say that because they don't take the things seriously enough. Because at this point, this is a kind of show you just can't watch for fun or watch if your just bored. ^^
ban1o.jpg
 
01-21-12, 12:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 912
Hmm..whats with the Jellal part. I want to see Azuma's reaction when Natsu suck up his fire.
 
01-21-12, 2:04 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1324
Shinobinomi said:
Amazing animation, intense fighting and epic soundtrack. Erza winning by the power of friendship was obvious, but i still wished her to win in a game of powers just because she is such a badass, like in the Orachion Sèis arc. Even after getting hit twice with Azuma's biggest attack she still kept going. If it was any other character i would call bullshit, but in Erza's case i forgive her.


Exactly, I wouldn't have believed it if it was anyone else, but since Ezra is mad awesome so she can do anything!
 
01-21-12, 2:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 66
Epic episode, been waiting for this so loooong! asdhgk;

Not sure if I can say that about the next episode though..

 
01-21-12, 2:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 672
Amazing fight, done much better than the manga did. I've been longing for this episode to be animated, Erza's fights never bores me.
Modified by Naruto2700, 04-23-14, 4:14 PM



 
01-21-12, 3:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 498
Teufel said:
Easily one of the best episodes of Fairy Tail.

QFT!!
 
01-21-12, 5:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 201
Erza's episodes never disappoint! they're always at least 4/5 if not more. I like this episode all cuzof Erza reallly:P i love it when the strongest character of the main character is a girl but usually she ends up annoying but not Erza!!

Erza Scarlett other than the faact i love her name hurray!
 
01-21-12, 6:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 321
EllaMila1 said:
Epic episode, been waiting for this so loooong! asdhgk;

Not sure if I can say that about the next episode though..



 
01-21-12, 7:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 164
Amazing episode...nuff said
 
01-21-12, 9:21 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5211
NEXT EPISODE HAS GRAY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU finally , although Lucy didnt do mch either . Hopefully they can finish off gildartz fight which i was wanting to see

Awesome Sig by Lailide
 
01-21-12, 9:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 179
Best episode yet!!
Superbly animated!!
Even better than the manga!!
Why am I yelling!!
 
01-21-12, 10:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 78
I haven't been much of a fan of this arc since the beginning, but this was probably the best of episode in this arc yet. I only raised the rating of the show just because of Erza (since I love her).

I think the 7 kin are overrated though.
 
01-21-12, 11:36 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 4242
EPIC.
“I have a girl I love named Sakura. Well actually, it’s one-sided on my part. Sakura is totally in love with a guy named Sasuke. She tries so hard, chasing after him and trying to win his love. When she’s at it, her smile is the cutest thing. There’s no explaining it. Before I realized it, I was in love with her. I would never try to force her to love me. I’d be no different from that guy just now if I did. So I made up my mind. In the same way that Sakura tries so hard to win Sasuke over, I’m going to do my best to win Sakura over.” -NARUSAKU FOREVER!
 
01-22-12, 9:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 28
AkilaChione said:
Great episode..
I really like Erza vs Azuma fight.. One of the best fight in FT series till now.
I agree that the OST in this episode were awesome and really suit the episode.


^This

Tentacle rape, anyone?
Modified by madara1212, 01-22-12, 1:22 PM
 
01-22-12, 10:38 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7
Great episode and amazing music.

"Dragon force" fitted perfectly when Erza did the final attack.

Yasuharu Takanashi is easily one of the best composers out there.
Modified by pt_sikon, 01-22-12, 10:44 AM
 
Top
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy