Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 20, 2012 8:29 PM
May 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Honestly one of the best fights I've seen ever, waaaaay much better than the manga in my opinion. The animation was amazing, the whole entire episode was focused entirely on that fight. It turned a towards the emotional side with the fighting for your comrades; I welled up a tiny-tiny-tiny bit there.
10/10.
Soundtrack was epic as well. Especially with the Rakuen no Tou OST they used, that was epic o.o.
ban1o.jpg
Jan 20, 2012 8:44 PM

Jan 2011
So, they finally finished a fight. I guess now, with their magic power no longer being drained, Fairy Tail is back and kicking.

Next up are several fights, with Gildarts vs. Blue Note being the most anticipated for me. Gildarts didn't do much so far after all, especially not since arriving. I also wonder what Ultear is up to. Is she seriously just doing what she thinks Ur would want her to, or it is all just to fool him? She didn't use her chance to attack him after all.

She surely can't be stupid enough to think she can "turn" Gray, the moment he is convinced whatever Ultear is doing isn't what Ur wanted he would be an enemy again, so what does she want with him?

And when is Laxus (spoilerous opening is spoilerous, like all the others) going to appear? Oh, and why didn't Natsu use the chance to power himself up by sucking in that fire from Azuma? Too weak? He could speak quite a lot. Too far away? Maybe.

Should have robbed over there instead of talking. He actually looked like he would be about to eat it for a moment, but then they changed scene and the chance had passed. Too bad, would have been awesome to see Azumas expression. And better then Erza playing Natsu (as in, getting beat, standing up, getting beat again, standing up again). And why didn't she use her Flame Empress armor against his fire based attacks? Can't she requip when being hold? Didn't she already do this?
Jan 20, 2012 9:01 PM
Sep 2011
ah finally things are starting to look up
Jan 20, 2012 9:06 PM

Apr 2009
Easily one of the best episodes of Fairy Tail. The ending to that fight will surprise no one, the animation was not stellar, and the power of friends has been done before. Despite that I found the episode gripping and exciting, Erza comes through yet again.

And of course holy crap, what a non-stop stream of incredible music. OST 4 can't come soon enough.

I'll be watching this a couple more times before the weekend's over.
Jan 20, 2012 9:09 PM

May 2007
Wow, very amazing battle. Erza Scarlet really is making battle episodes top notch.

I wish the opening song was still Towa no Kizuna by Daisy x Daisy, so then it'd match the theme of this fight. :p
Jan 20, 2012 10:11 PM

Feb 2011
Great episode..
I really like Erza vs Azuma fight.. One of the best fight in FT series till now.
I agree that the OST in this episode were awesome and really suit the episode.
Jan 20, 2012 10:19 PM

Jul 2009
Rachmaninoff eh?

I'm glad they upped up the animation during the Erza fight. Her being my favourite character, it was definitely a treat.

P.S.
I love my aprons.
:3
Jan 20, 2012 11:38 PM

Apr 2010
Absolutely amazing. One of the best eps of the series, easily.
Jan 20, 2012 11:56 PM

Nov 2007
Teufel said:
Easily one of the best episodes of Fairy Tail. The ending to that fight will surprise no one, the animation was not stellar, and the power of friends has been done before. Despite that I found the episode gripping and exciting, Erza comes through yet again.

And of course holy crap, what a non-stop stream of incredible music. OST 4 can't come soon enough.

This. I thought that this would be a crappy episode, but man. Power of Friendship translates better in the anime.

Jan 20, 2012 11:58 PM
Aug 2011
Awesome how they animated the prison, it was much better than the manga version,and there was also cameo of Daphne there. Loved the Erza fight extension, it made the overall fight much more interesting. Gives me hope that some of the few remaining fights will also be extended
Jan 21, 2012 12:06 AM

Aug 2009
NwAurion said:
So, they finally finished a fight. I guess now, with their magic power no longer being drained, Fairy Tail is back and kicking.

Next up are several fights, with Gildarts vs. Blue Note being the most anticipated for me. Gildarts didn't do much so far after all, especially not since arriving. I also wonder what Ultear is up to. Is she seriously just doing what she thinks Ur would want her to, or it is all just to fool him? She didn't use her chance to attack him after all.

She surely can't be stupid enough to think she can "turn" Gray, the moment he is convinced whatever Ultear is doing isn't what Ur wanted he would be an enemy again, so what does she want with him?

And when is Laxus (spoilerous opening is spoilerous, like all the others) going to appear? Oh, and why didn't Natsu use the chance to power himself up by sucking in that fire from Azuma? Too weak? He could speak quite a lot. Too far away? Maybe.

Should have robbed over there instead of talking. He actually looked like he would be about to eat it for a moment, but then they changed scene and the chance had passed. Too bad, would have been awesome to see Azumas expression. And better then Erza playing Natsu (as in, getting beat, standing up, getting beat again, standing up again). And why didn't she use her Flame Empress armor against his fire based attacks? Can't she requip when being hold? Didn't she already do this?

i guess you dont read the manga...

answer 1 : natsu cant even stand up and so everyone else even gildarts ..and also yes its far away..natsu only eat fire when it all over him or infront of him...he cant suck fire from long distance...
but sucking that fire from azuma wont even help bec of the draining power going on the island ...natsu may power up but it wont last that long

answer 2 :well your right equiping into flame resistance armor will help but i think erza already decided not to use armor or no defence just complete attack at that time...
but erza is gonna win in the end anyway....so screw comon sense

about LAXUS ..just wait we will appear after all
yes the opening states he will appear and also the hint when he will arrive

this is no spoiler but just watch the op use just your comon sense til you got it when
Jan 21, 2012 12:10 AM

Feb 2009
The music. Seriously, the music for the entire episode is just epic.
Even with the power of friendship and all that, the music is just so amazing.
Jan 21, 2012 12:28 AM

Aug 2011
YES!! they finally showed Erza's best armor
i'd really like to see her fight wearing that seductive clothes. She's so hot and she looks prettier than usual. And It seems that there's a chance that Jellal and Erza will reunite once more. I look forward to it.
piperzJan 21, 2012 12:31 AM
Jan 21, 2012 12:54 AM

Aug 2011
Loved it!!

I really like the animation in this episode!

Erza's first loss

Second loss. It was Tenroujima power.

O_O! Erza realize that she's not alone and the guild is protecting each other... =')

Finally, Erza defeated Azuma :B

Edit: 6 out of 5...

NatodayoMay 4, 2012 6:36 AM
Jan 21, 2012 1:53 AM

Aug 2009
Amazing animation, intense fighting and epic soundtrack. Erza winning by the power of friendship was obvious, but i still wished her to win in a game of powers just because she is such a badass, like in the Orachion Sèis arc. Even after getting hit twice with Azuma's biggest attack she still kept going. If it was any other character i would call bullshit, but in Erza's case i forgive her. And she didn't still get pissed about the Tower of Heaven...maybe later..?

Jellals voice reaching Erza waaat?

Seduction armor...i will gladly watch an entire filler episode if it gets to be shown.

Next episode looks like some of the fights will continue and Ultears mindgame's work on Gray so he lets her go with Zeref.
Jan 21, 2012 2:20 AM

Feb 2010
that's Erza for you! had some doubt with this ep after reading the manga but anime team did a awesome job here easily one of the best ep of FT so far.
Jan 21, 2012 2:31 AM

Apr 2009
Holy crap, that fight was awesome. Im trying remember if a fight was this good in terms of animation. The animation, music, execution of it all was probably the best yet. I know im watching this one several times before the next episode. Azuma has turned out to be a pretty cool villain to me and just when it seems like Erza couldn't shine anymore brighter, she pulls this number.

Obviously a 5/5 episode for me.
Jan 21, 2012 2:37 AM

Sep 2009
this was one amazing episode > w <
i was crying at the end where everyone protected erza and the flashbacks with jellal but well this was one amazing thing ; w ;
MORE JELLAL MORE JELLAL PLS!!! XD"""
Jan 21, 2012 3:08 AM
Nov 2008
CAN'T BE A FAIRY TAIL ARC WITHOUT JELLAL, AMIRITE!?

I really do not like this arc, and this episode did not help in the least bit. So much stupid shit from the very start, and the latest on the list is an overly cliche episode long shonen battle. Oh no, I lost (by acting stupid)! Power of friendship, I must succeed! Oh no, I lost AGAIN! Power of friendship, I must succeed! And the saddest part is that there was never a doubt in my mind that it was going to play out exactly like that. Maybe I just need to give up on FT. It's just not the show it used to be.
Jan 21, 2012 3:12 AM

Jul 2009
This was easily the best fight in this series yet. The animation and the music was awesome and I really liked this episode! :D
Jan 21, 2012 3:31 AM

Dec 2011
As long as Jellal is alive we will definitely see him in the future , felt so sorry for him this ep (magic council bastards Dx) Hopefully he dosen't forcefully revert back to his evil self due to all the torture.

Apart from that awesome battle, could have been abit more climactic - abit too obvious with the way Erza won, but nevertheless it was nice fight. ESPECIALLY the OSTs , This is what FT Shines best at!
Jan 21, 2012 4:10 AM

Apr 2011
Amazing episode!!! One of the best of FT so far..
The ost, the animation and of course the battle were perfect :)
Anyone notice Daphnie in her shell???
Poor Jellal(that frog bastard) :(
I can't wait for the next episode!!!
Jan 21, 2012 5:29 AM

Sep 2011
Spotted the filler character Daphne in this episode. haha
Jan 21, 2012 5:45 AM

Nov 2011
Erza is so cool!! <3

5/5 :)
Jan 21, 2012 6:17 AM

Jun 2008
Get over it Jellal haters. Gerard is atoning for his sins on prison, im sure he shall someday get out of there after some years and be canon with Erza. GERZA is meant to be...Im so glad Mashima never forgets Gerard~

Awesome episode, Nakama power is the best~
OrulyonJan 21, 2012 6:37 AM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 21, 2012 6:37 AM

Mar 2011
Fuck that was awesome! Erza has always been one of the best characters, living up to her name 'Titania' love her to bits! This fight gets a 5/5 from me. Jellal is back, those frog people were so cruel, torturing Jellal!

I can't wait for next episode, from Erza to Gray!
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Jan 21, 2012 7:45 AM
Nov 2010
I don't quite love the idea of standing up again and again for a character like Erza, I would've liked it more if she just beat the guy up...:P Oh, well... At least, now, the game is opened again, I look forward to the next episodes...
Oh, and I found the thing with Jellal nice, it's good to see such things sometimes...
Jan 21, 2012 8:07 AM

Feb 2010
Yay we got to see Jellal xDD
Animation and OST were really amazing and the battle was very good.
Jan 21, 2012 8:52 AM

Apr 2009
Hands down the best episode!!! Ezra is amazing as always!!!
Jan 21, 2012 9:46 AM

Aug 2010
Epic ep! way better than it's manga counterpart.
The animation was soooo good, and how they extended the fight made it feel way better.
Azuma was an awesome villain, and the way they animated his fire was amazing, if only natsu's fire looked that cool...!
Jan 21, 2012 10:02 AM
Mar 2010
While the anime did handle it a little better then the manga, that was still the biggest most cliched asspull I've ever seen. Before someone uses the "its just a shonen they all do this" defense, I'd like to point out that not all shonen do this, all bad shonen with uncreative writers do this. Good shonen like One Piece, Yu Yu Hakusho, and yea even Bleach and Naruto, don't do it on nearly the level Fairy Tail does. And in those even when the hero is horribly beaten and should have lost, they actually win by doing something clever not just using "the power of friendship". (I say usually because they do still fall victim to this, just not nearly as much as Fairy Tail where it happens in the majority of challenging fights. I wasn't expecting anything more from this fight, but I was really hoping that for once Mashima could've exceeded my expectations.

However I will give the anime credit for making it a much better fight then the manga. I was really enjoying it till the end. Very nice animation compared to the usual crap still shots Fairy Tail puts out, but still nothing special compared to other animes.

Oh and bye, Azuma, the only good villain in Fairy Tail.
mundoJan 21, 2012 10:08 AM
Jan 21, 2012 11:13 AM
Jan 2012
Fight was nice to watch, enjoyable and still managed to be shit for reasons already described.

Also, what is that thing in the background here (around the 4:58 mark)? http://i.imgur.com/1sZrE.jpg

I can't remember, is that a recurring thing that gets put in the anime?
AeyuinJan 21, 2012 12:08 PM
Jan 21, 2012 11:15 AM
Nov 2010
What is that

Panda men version Fairy tail? XD
Jan 21, 2012 12:30 PM
May 2011
Thalandor46 said:
CAN'T BE A FAIRY TAIL ARC WITHOUT JELLAL, AMIRITE!?

I really do not like this arc, and this episode did not help in the least bit. So much stupid shit from the very start, and the latest on the list is an overly cliche episode long shonen battle. Oh no, I lost (by acting stupid)! Power of friendship, I must succeed! Oh no, I lost AGAIN! Power of friendship, I must succeed! And the saddest part is that there was never a doubt in my mind that it was going to play out exactly like that. Maybe I just need to give up on FT. It's just not the show it used to be.

Fairy Tail has always been the show it was since it started. Mashima started it because he was a person who believed in Good over Evil, second chances in life, friends giving you strength all that etc...etc... you're telling me that your friends don't give you the strength to overcome something. Cause they always do for me. This show does give off good life morals in my opinion. Call it cheesy, but people just say that because they don't take the things seriously enough. Because at this point, this is a kind of show you just can't watch for fun or watch if your just bored. ^^
ban1o.jpg
Jan 21, 2012 12:42 PM

Sep 2009
Hmm..whats with the Jellal part. I want to see Azuma's reaction when Natsu suck up his fire.
Jan 21, 2012 2:04 PM

May 2009
Shinobinomi said:
Amazing animation, intense fighting and epic soundtrack. Erza winning by the power of friendship was obvious, but i still wished her to win in a game of powers just because she is such a badass, like in the Orachion Sèis arc. Even after getting hit twice with Azuma's biggest attack she still kept going. If it was any other character i would call bullshit, but in Erza's case i forgive her.

Exactly, I wouldn't have believed it if it was anyone else, but since Ezra is mad awesome so she can do anything!
Jan 21, 2012 2:33 PM

Feb 2010
Epic episode, been waiting for this so loooong! asdhgk;

Not sure if I can say that about the next episode though..

Jan 21, 2012 2:45 PM

Jun 2009
Amazing fight, done much better than the manga did. I've been longing for this episode to be animated, Erza's fights never bores me.
NouverApr 23, 2014 4:14 PM

Jan 21, 2012 3:46 PM
Apr 2010
Teufel said:
Easily one of the best episodes of Fairy Tail.

QFT!!
Jan 21, 2012 5:39 PM

Jul 2010
Erza's episodes never disappoint! they're always at least 4/5 if not more. I like this episode all cuzof Erza reallly:P i love it when the strongest character of the main character is a girl but usually she ends up annoying but not Erza!!

Erza Scarlett other than the faact i love her name hurray!
Jan 21, 2012 6:24 PM
Mar 2010
EllaMila1 said:

Jan 21, 2012 7:51 PM

Mar 2011
Amazing episode...nuff said
Jan 21, 2012 9:21 PM

May 2008
NEXT EPISODE HAS GRAY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU finally , although Lucy didnt do mch either . Hopefully they can finish off gildartz fight which i was wanting to see

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 21, 2012 9:52 PM

Sep 2011
Best episode yet!!
Superbly animated!!
Even better than the manga!!
Why am I yelling!!
Jan 21, 2012 10:48 PM

Sep 2010
I haven't been much of a fan of this arc since the beginning, but this was probably the best of episode in this arc yet. I only raised the rating of the show just because of Erza (since I love her).

I think the 7 kin are overrated though.
Jan 21, 2012 11:36 PM

May 2010
EPIC.
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jan 22, 2012 9:46 AM
Jul 2010
AkilaChione said:
Great episode..
I really like Erza vs Azuma fight.. One of the best fight in FT series till now.
I agree that the OST in this episode were awesome and really suit the episode.

^This

Tentacle rape, anyone?
madara1212Jan 22, 2012 1:22 PM
Jan 22, 2012 12:06 PM

Feb 2010
mundo said:
EllaMila1 said:

Jan 22, 2012 8:50 PM

Oct 2011
Yea so. The episode was really awesome, and I loved the Jellal x Erza connection deal going on.

However...

I swear that everyone got yet another boob upgrade. o_O

Jan 22, 2012 9:05 PM
Aug 2010
Long live SHOUNEN HAX!!!

Seriously, will Fairy Tail EVER do something new?

Every FUCKING arc it's the same damn thing.

Natsu and Erza ALWAYS win from summoning super human strength out of nowhere, I'm getting so damn tired of this plot device.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ReaperEXE - Jan 4, 2010

113 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 121 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Mar 9, 2012

88 by phantom346 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kashim - Dec 14, 2009

94 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 17, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 120 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jantian - Mar 2, 2012

103 by phantom346 »»
Apr 17, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kashim - Dec 7, 2009

125 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 17, 9:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.