MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Area no Kishi Episode 3 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Area no Kishi »» Area no Kishi Episode 3 Discussion

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Area no Kishi Episode 3 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

35 40.70%
4 out of 5: Liked it

17 19.77%
3 out of 5: It was OK

15 17.44%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

11 12.79%
1 out of 5: Hated it

8 9.30%
Voters: 86

01-20-12, 3:15 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's kind of predictable stilll made me cry when the brother died though. The ending looked a little cheesy but i liked how cool Kakeru looked.

01-20-12, 4:07 PM

AW SNAP! Kakeru is being taken over by his brother!!!! And if he doesn't start taking soccer seriously he'll lose his body!!!!

01-20-12, 5:08 PM

The movements in this episode were so awkward, and the characters looked all wrong.
The episode was totally predictable and I'm a bit disappointed. It is also unrealistic, having his brothers heart will not make him better than before or effect him in any way.
THE FACES! What the hell was wrong with them??

God.
Modified by yunisick, 01-21-12, 11:41 AM

01-20-12, 5:38 PM

I tought that suguru would be in a chairwheel or else, not dead.. How awfull it would be to always be compare to his brother and more than this, you live because of his heart...

01-20-12, 6:41 PM

This was kind painful to watch can you imagine what its like as a parent to have your 2 kids in an accident this was a sad episode but a good one non the less

01-20-12, 7:23 PM

Looks like Kakeru's brother complex manifested into a multiple personality.

01-20-12, 8:08 PM

It was supposed to be sad, but for some reason the direction didn't have any atmosphere
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

01-20-12, 8:26 PM

it wasnt very heartbreaking but seeing someone die really does make one sad.i was kinda wondering its not like the guy in the car was drunk or anything so why didnt he stopped the car when he saw the girl on the road.

Awesome Sig by Lailide

01-20-12, 10:39 PM

I wouldn't say this episode was "sad" but it was really depressing. So brother died, that's why the first epi was the last time they played (and not cuz he got in a wheelchair or whatever). But even so Kakeru still wants to quit... He's gonna play tough to abide his dead brother's feelings huh?

Some flashbacks so we can see how was the vibe of their childhood lives... It did not add much but it was surely well placed, alternating the suspense of the present with the brothers and Nana in the past. It wasn't as strong as epi 1 and 2 but it was surely charming.

...Now that thing of Kakeru becoming Sugeru after the heart transplant is just weird. xD I could expect it from that poor defender friend ("I can't move when I see Sugeru cuz I think something will happen" pffft kick his shins then, like a true defensive footballer xD) but not you too Nana! xD

And yay for STOP-CAR KICK! Because we all know that ball in your windshield is much more relevant to whether you'll step on the brakes or not than the kid-and-dog you're about to run over... xD I foresee some scientific study in the future giving us the statistics for such! xD

01-20-12, 11:21 PM

greenmush said:
it wasnt very heartbreaking but seeing someone die really does make one sad.i was kinda wondering its not like the guy in the car was drunk or anything so why didnt he stopped the car when he saw the girl on the road.

I assume a ball flying in your face is more likely to get your attention a lot quicker than a smaller figure closer to the pavement in the near distance.

Also, I cried manly tears...

01-20-12, 11:46 PM

ohmai gawd! i love this show!.......my dad said it sounded like a soap oprea when i explaind it though.it kinda is?

01-20-12, 11:53 PM

Well, maybe it's unlogical like this but after having Sugaru heart transplanted in Kakeru.

You do know that brain and the heart is connect with the body
The heart will still remember everything that Sugaru experiences becuase both of them really love soccer.
Kakeru doesn't practice much but he still can run more than usually that's becuase of his brother heart.

His brother always complain about the heart, now he got his brother heart he is probably going to better and his brother.

ProBlackbird.Wordpress.com - Check out my Blog

01-21-12, 1:53 AM

Confucius said:
It was supposed to be sad, but for some reason the direction didn't have any atmosphere

they cut out some stuff from the manga i asume the main focus is on scoccer and not drama.

01-21-12, 2:33 AM

It was a bit sad but not so much tearjerking thought.

In the end it was all funky happy lol

ProBlackbird.Wordpress.com - Check out my Blog

01-21-12, 3:41 AM

Confucius said:

Agree 100%. Instead we got some cheesy dreamy cloud bit at the start and that ridiculous scene at the end. Also the part with the Seven giving a gift of bracelets never happened.

They're adding too much and taking away too much source material which makes the manga great. I wouldn't be surprised if we get some lame ghost whisperer Sugaru voice from within later on.

01-21-12, 4:24 AM

Oh right, now I remember why I dropped the manga around this point: I thought it was ridiculous that Kakeru was "being taken over by his brother" (as scytheboy13 has put it), because, you know, just because you've gotten soemones heart transplanted, doesn't make you melt with said person...
I thought this manga/anime has great potential, but this is kinda weird and probably even destroys the potential it had.

01-21-12, 6:10 AM

Yaaa, Kakeru essentially being possessed by his brother was just too ridiculous. Also that ending scene... I enjoyed the first two episodes, but with these new developments I have no desire to continue.

01-21-12, 6:38 AM

Kakeru has gotten super powers lol.
The sad stuff could have been much better, I didn`t even get tears in my eyes.
The bad stuff started with the shitty scream/crying from the mother.
The drawings were pretty bad sometimes, like when Seven held up 3 fingers, thos fingers looked very weird.

And
"Tour de France!!" XD

01-21-12, 8:39 AM

This episode was depressing and I did almost tear up I wasn't expecting Suguru to be brain dead I knew he was going to die after what Kakeru said in episode 1, but I wasn't expecting he was going that way.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"

01-21-12, 9:14 AM

Was I the only one that started laughing at the end when Kakeru hits the driver of a car with a soccer ball and somehow saves the girl? WTF? That would make things worse, likely making it more likely for the driver to not be able to stop in time because of the distraction of being hit by a random soccer ball. I just couldn't get over how stupid that scene was.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices