MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Area no Kishi Episode 3 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Area no Kishi »» Area no Kishi Episode 3 Discussion

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
View Poll Results: Area no Kishi Episode 3 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

35 40.70%
4 out of 5: Liked it

17 19.77%
3 out of 5: It was OK

15 17.44%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

11 12.79%
1 out of 5: Hated it

8 9.30%
Voters: 86

01-23-12, 7:14 AM

Great set up for an awesome story but the writing and direction was horrible. It felt like Suguru didn't even exist after his accident. Seven being in the story was irrelevant other than they were childhood friends. It felt like Kakeru was more devastated when Seven moved away than his older brother dying... I don't know. I guess I was expecting something like Mitsuru Adachi's work but meh. Hope the soccer parts are good as Giant Killing but I'm not expecting that much from this show now.

01-23-12, 1:35 PM

Oh, so he just transforms into his dead brother because he got his heart?

Terrible episode. It was just plain terrible. It wasn't sad or depressing, it was really predictable, it wasn't a shock that dead!brother died, nor that alive!brother got his heart and survived. And here I was really excited for this anime after the first episode.

01-23-12, 10:12 PM

Nagi- said:
Great set up for an awesome story but the writing and direction was horrible. It felt like Suguru didn't even exist after his accident. Seven being in the story was irrelevant other than they were childhood friends. It felt like Kakeru was more devastated when Seven moved away than his older brother dying...

I agree. Depending on the series, it's usually fun to make fun of these types of mistakes (Guilty Crown) but i had expected better from Area no Kishi. I was really excited to be blogging this one, but judging from the manga readers' opinions i may decide to drop it completely if the animation staff is adding different things and taking out valuable scenes.

I honestly don't think the anime is going to sell well (sports animes except Oofuri never sell well) and i read on AnimeSuki that the tv ratings for the show are horrible, like 0.3 or something close to that. So i guess the only real reason for this series would be to expand the manga readership.

Meh, oh well i'll give it two more episodes before i'll drop it from blogging (i'll still watch..maybe).
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE

01-24-12, 10:36 AM

I think i am going to be dropping this one pretty soon feels like flash animation to me so dropping it ans picking up the manga.

01-24-12, 11:33 PM

downspiral said:
I tought that suguru would be in a chairwheel or else, not dead.. How awfull it would be to always be compare to his brother and more than this, you live because of his heart...

Yeah I thought he would just be crippled or something, was shocked he died.

01-25-12, 12:19 AM

Base on the narration at the last part of ep1, i already figured that Suguru will eventually die at the first few ep of the story. Now the question is "Which do you think it was who responded to your voice?" damn that was such a badass nurse, i like her.
I was really anticipating for a funeral scene cause the drama scene at the hospital just wasn't strong enough. If the atmosphere of the story remains the way it is then i'm afraid that i may have to drop this anime pretty soon.

01-25-12, 8:19 PM

One moment everyone's devastated, and then 5 minutes later in the episode we have Kakeru's entire class lifting him up like he won a soccer game. Everything was way too predictable and cliche. I expected a lot better from this show. I hope it somehow recovers from this episode. :/

01-26-12, 3:20 AM

Confucius said:
It was supposed to be sad, but for some reason the direction didn't have any atmosphere

this
and for some reason, I am really annoyed.
that whole turn of events. I don't like it. especially that doctor.

01-26-12, 5:37 AM

Dear idiots(sorry but you deserve it) the guy isn't taken over by his brother, his just having cellular memory influence.
http://www.naturalnews.com/028537_organ_transplants_memories.html

This phenomenon is not some crazy anime bullshit at all. Get some general knowledge before you play smart-asses.

Anyway the episode was decent but i felt that the director failed to show the drama as good as he could, as others said the director failed at creating any atmosphere. Also the animation really seemed bad.
Modified by Monad, 01-26-12, 5:42 AM

01-27-12, 5:10 AM

Confucius said:
It was supposed to be sad, but for some reason the direction didn't have any atmosphere

exactly.

01-29-12, 4:02 PM

yellowbuds said:
Confucius said:

this
and for some reason, I am really annoyed.
that whole turn of events. I don't like it. especially that doctor.

Same here u.u

lol doctor House?... ok no u.u

I think It was because they didn't want to make more drama (?) Anyway still pretty entertaining episode, waiting for the next one~

01-31-12, 4:54 PM

This ep felt like it had so much potential to be heartbreaking... it just didn't deliver. Becoming more like his brother I can deal with, (Switch uguu) but they just killed all the tension. Bad animation didn't help. Ugh.

02-05-12, 8:12 AM

So now Kakeru has 'heart', namely his brother's. =P

02-15-12, 3:15 AM

Not going to mince words, the episode was just terrible. Two deaths happened, Suguru and whatever interest I had in the series. Didn't care about Suguru to begin with so I really done mind his death itself, though I think the show probably would have been better with him alive. What bothers me is Kakeru not having enough heart to play and then getting his brothers. Couldn't have thought up a bigger pile of poo then that if I tried. That's not even the really bad part, though. What's really bad is him being possessed because of it. Yeah, hell with that. If that's what I can expect from now on, him being possessed all the time, then I'm just going to drop it now.

On a side note what was even with the wreck? Suguru had his back to the truck but he not only saw it coming but had enough time to try and shield Kakeru? If anything, shouldn't it have been the other way around?
Modified by Tanrim, 02-15-12, 3:28 AM

02-20-12, 10:58 AM

lol this is pretty stupid...but not more than the majority of what I already watch -_-

03-02-12, 5:32 PM

while that scene was absurdly stupid, the series is entertaining, thus ill keep watching it.

03-11-12, 6:52 AM

I like this anime as a whole, but this episode... How can a person become an international footballer after getting a heart transplant?

03-29-12, 12:09 AM

if only Kakeru's bike did'nt go flat all of this wont happen xD
Cheater's just a fancy word for winner.

04-13-12, 6:35 AM

Haxx.

You are surrounded by armed bastards!

04-13-12, 8:54 AM

:(...

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices