Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Apr 4, 2015 1:43 AM

Dec 2012
Well that explains why Gai could use his void then, Ayase's was pretty cool. She just wanted to carry her own weight (in this case, literally). Looks like that area is about to turn into a war zone.
Apr 6, 2015 8:10 AM

Dec 2013
i love the new OP <3
Apr 25, 2015 1:10 PM
Feb 2015
Well this was a decent episode. It felt more like a build up for something big.
Well we got new OP and Ed but not as good as the first ones.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
May 6, 2015 2:29 PM

Dec 2013
This episode made me want watch till the end, despite the fact it was eventually average and cliche.
Sep 6, 2015 10:56 PM

Sep 2015
Nice Voids
"Normal couples are allowed except for those who are in the third world :3."
Dec 13, 2015 2:56 PM

Jul 2009
I love the new OP!
It was nice to see Ayase's void!
Mar 25, 2016 1:07 PM

Aug 2014
Stops acting like bitch only after she gets what she wants...Like seriously, fuck you Ayase.

I don't know how I feel about others now being able to use voids, that's just asking more people to feed their little ego just like Ayase.
Dec 5, 2016 4:16 PM

Jun 2016
Cultural festival rip.
Jan 18, 2017 2:03 PM
Apr 2014
Shuichirou doesn't really seem to have any motivation besides just wanting to kill everyone.
Feb 8, 2017 8:45 AM

Dec 2014
why the heck the guy became the president...and so complications are not over
Mar 10, 2017 9:27 PM

Sep 2015
Lol had a feeling Aya would get to use her void this episode. Why the f is that old guy still alive, and I just realized he sorta reminds me of King Bradley from FMAB.

I wonder If Shu can draw his void If he even has one and I wonder If he can draw multiple voids, I can imagine him arming his friends' with their own voids to fight battles If so.
May 2, 2017 2:49 PM

May 2010
Eh not a bad episode. Ayase was cool there.

New OP/ED are nice.

Aug 6, 2017 7:16 AM

Jun 2017
The first OP and ED was better.

Can they please stop crying about Gai already? Mabye he was a good leader but he also was a cunt.

That episode was really emotional (more sad than happy) but im also really happy for Ayase to use her "legs" :)

Aug 7, 2017 11:13 AM

Jan 2013
I'm glad Ayase got her spirit back, her Void looked super sick!
Also I loved the little scene where they beat the Endlave and stood back to back.

So they just decide that "Loop 7" is unsalvagable ... easy way to get rid of Shu and everyone who's working with him I suppose.

Also imagine Shu being able to wield all sorts of Voids at the same time, Ayase's legs are definitely going to make him his movement super easy :D
Apr 8, 2018 12:13 AM

Nov 2017
New OP and ED, so sad :(
May 25, 2018 3:42 PM

Aug 2016
Well I heard the show went to s... down in second half. Those changes and plot twist escalating quickly. And why its like every second episode school adventure and every other apocalypse setting? And young soldiers and terrorists are masked as school kids who wasn't there before and they build that big ass wall in two weeks undeground so nobody noticed? F U!

On other hand, I still want to see what will happen next and such. But F U!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2019 1:27 AM

Feb 2018
Nice void Ayase you can run and fly xD.
Sep 24, 2019 10:51 AM

Apr 2013
Cliche school festival with the sudden attack and the heroes who are saving the day. Ayase having legs as a void... is certainly no surprise at all.
Jan 30, 2020 12:47 PM

Aug 2017
Ayase gaining points here, probably best girl if she can fix her legs
Feb 2, 2020 2:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Who cares about Gai lol, Ayase's void was really heartwarming, very cool to see her like that
Apr 17, 2020 1:05 PM

Feb 2019
boring
good op animation tho
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
May 19, 2020 10:38 PM
Oct 2019
Credit where credit is due: They explained why Gai could use his own void without going unconscious.

Shu and Ayase saving the day was corny tho.
Nov 2, 2020 5:13 PM

Jan 2020
I can't walk, so I'm angry.
But now that I can walk, I'm happy.
Dec 4, 2020 3:26 PM

Jan 2008
When I started watching this, I was pretty hyped. Personally, I found Ep. 1 to be a very well executed start into a show (considering the kinda cliché theme, but I can appreciate a decent start regardless of its genre, or rather, especially considering its specific genre).

However, the show has lost me somewhere along the way, not sure where exactly that happened, but it did. It went and became mediocre - and also so convoluted that I am not sure what is even happening right now. It's not terrible, so I will finish it, but it did not manage to keep up my high spirits of Ep. 1. Sadly.

Jan 8, 2021 7:01 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
A good follow up, a bit more light-hearted, but I liked the development of some characters here.

Cliffhanger though, it was obvious peace would last, especially after how fucked the city become after ep12.
Feb 15, 2021 11:53 AM
Dec 2019
What frustrates me about this show is when it does something completely unique it’s done so well, really wish they could have done more completely original uninspired by other works stuff.
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Feb 16, 2021 8:59 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Soupisekaitrash said:
What frustrates me about this show is when it does something completely unique it’s done so well, really wish they could have done more completely original uninspired by other works stuff.

Prepare yourself for the trainwreck that coming, should hit you in a few episodes.
Feb 16, 2021 9:08 AM
Dec 2019
Playcool said:
Soupisekaitrash said:

Prepare yourself for the trainwreck that coming, should hit you in a few episodes.

Oh god it's so much worse then I thought it would be
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Jan 10, 2022 6:05 PM

Dec 2007
hmm, what can i say? i would prefer if this episode wouldn't exist.
if ep12 would have been more helpful with information this series should have been ended.

the OP was nice, but i still like the first one better.
ED was weak compare the first though.
Mar 6, 2022 9:18 AM
Nov 2020
The new OP and ED are really good
Mar 25, 2022 12:29 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Not too much happening in this My Hero Academia festival episode where the school gets attacked by bad guys, but all its little moments like wheel-chair girl on her feet again and Daryl-kun trying a candy apple just add up to honestly make this my favourite episode so far.

edit: how Ayase went for the cringe pose with Shu was so awkward though. She like kind of ran away, but then backtracked to do the pose, wtf. Great insert song in that moment though

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 26, 2022 5:10 PM
May 2009
Let me revive this a bit, I'm rewatching this now - last time was when it was released. The thing bothering me the most and I can't even find it online, is that this series was based on the power he could extract from other people.

So how come, that later on in this animation people can suddenly use their own void without being unconscious? Does this have to do with the hand he has to hold in order for them to retain it? If Kai knew, how come he didn't provide that information earlier?

I'm feeling a bit disappointed, when it was released I thought this animation was amazing, code geass like close. After a re-watch 11 years later I feel quite sad :(
Apr 2, 2022 4:38 PM
Aug 2017
Honestly, this episode screamed cringeworthy all the way through. Not that the entire anime didn't, but this episode was a bit worse than the previous ones. Suddenly we're in a school setting and for whatever reason, the people of funeral parlour are there too without showing us why they would be there of all places. Then some dubious arguments and idiotic drama that made me want to skip it all. Oh, and of course the whiner suddenly gets void legs and becomes oh so happy from being borderline suicidal, doing a complete 180, of course they never need to train even slightly on how to use the voids properly either. Then she starts jumping all around the place and making ridiculous high jumps for no reason other than the writers or/and animators thought her ridiculously overdone movements looked cool. Oh, and then they for whatever reason ended up in the middle of a smoke cloud where he just stood still for no real reason in a "battle pose" after already downing everyone, then she arrives and awkwardly poses against his back. Like, what are you trying to do? Do you think you're surrounded by enemies and have to watch eachothers backs? One is using an OP weapon while the other one is a speed freak. It'd literally be faster not to mention more efficient to jump onto the school building if she wants to get an overlook of the situation, while he should take cover instead of standing in the middle of an open space where he can be taken out by snipers. Not as if they're fighting in melee combat.

This episode took the notion of "forced" to another level. I don't have ridiculous requirements of the plot/story, but I don't enjoy watching something this covoluted, pretentious and riddled with plot holes.

I intended to watch it more as background noise because it was on netflix, I did watch it around when it came out as well though when I was much newer to anime in general. But even as background noise, it just pisses me off how stupid it is. Animation ain't bad, music is good but the plot and characters are just cringeworthy to the point where it's distracting and annoying even if I don't intently watch it. Embarrassing to think they couldn't even get their writing up to even webnovel standard.
Apr 16, 2022 2:32 PM

Feb 2012
Second half, new OP (the chorus sounds more upbeat almost EDM-ish, I like it). With their leader dead, Ayase and Tsugumi enrol at the school Shu goes to.
Lockdown in a school and they decided to hold a culture festival. I can really see this series as the transition from Code Geass to Valvrave with these school-oriented episodes. The GHQ uniforms remind me of Dorssia's and Segai looks like a prototype of their Fuhrer. With a change to his powers during the last fight, the people he pulls voids out of can use their own voids.
Daryl Yan's infiltrated the school as a student. Is there going to be some Rome & Juliet between him and Tsugumi?

The Japanese who are not in the school are disgusted at the school's carefreeness, GHQ does some instigating via the "Men Gang", providing them with Endlaves and a humvee to attack the school with. Segai is replacing Gai as the resident-char clone, briefly donning a mask disguise.

Ayase is having issues over not being able to protect Gai. Gai gave her the ability to walk again via the Endlave and with Funeral Parlor disbanded, she's back to perpetually being in a wheelchair. Shu pulls out Ayase's voids during the attack and it's an exoskeleton for her legs. She can walk, jump and fly. Back-to-back pose with Shu.

Inori's begins her EGOIST concert on a stage as Ayase regains her spirits. Like Gai, Shu gave her the ability to walk again, but unlike last time, Shu showed that the ability was inside her all along, Shu's void genom only unlocked it for her.

Keido's plan to re-awaken and breed with Mana failed, but his coup of GHQ is complete and is now the president of Japan's provisional government. He himself does have a Japanese name, though. It's definitely become a greater scope conflict than just freeing Japan from GHQ.

The new ED is an upbeat rock. Did they use real backgrounds for it?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 10, 2022 11:18 PM

Jul 2021
Just when things were getting really interesting, a good breather came while they were still proving there was more to come. The one thing I hated though was.... That they killed Dan. As stupid and childish as Dan was, he was a really cool character to me. A breather episode i'd say, I'm trying to analyse this show without even forcing myself to drop it even if I was almost about too but there is a minor redeeming qualities behind the whole production that I thought had me on the edge of my seat.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 30, 2022 9:27 AM
Apr 2017
not making any sense
Jan 19, 2023 1:57 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Did they just blow out their cover? That was a stupid move. No wonder why Gai was baby sitting them.
Jan 7, 10:15 AM

May 2021
So far Im pretty confused with the show, but the op ed and the ost are really good

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

39 by HanSSora »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.