Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2012 5:32 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

So with Fam and co. speeding away to warn Dian of the Ades fleet I can't help but think...why aren't their faces freezing off flying in such a cold climate. That's the one thing that really irks me with this second season--the vanship designs. They're too open. Heck, even Fan's vanship doesn't have a screen. I'd feel like the ship would have terrible drag along with giving them frostbite. At least the Rocket Fighters make sense.

I'm sure we'll see conflict in this episode but that open, tundra air is harsh.

So the Ades Federation is invading Glacies (one of the nations north of the Grand Lake--how many more do you think are there?).

We know that Sara wishes to the conquer and regain the lands for it's original inhabitants who's ancestors were driven out and taken by immigrants of Exiles like Turan. So she's having her people find all of the keys to the Exiles. And the Sky Pirates are descendents of Exile immigrants who were forced off their land by Ades.

I'm curious to see if Sara really plans on using the Keys to send all the Exile immigrants back where they came from. Because there are nations being annexed into Ades but what's the point if she wants to take her land back? And there seems to be quite a lot of land too so I'd just be empty nothingness.
lanbladeJan 19, 2012 3:03 AM
Jan 20, 2012 10:36 AM

Nov 2007
I'm not sure if the above comment is for the ep. released last week or the ep. aired today, but it seems like it's thought for the future eps, so I'm not reporting it.

Meeting with two different languages...

Fam and others are trying to catch up (or leading?).

The enemy includes Nakamura-san's character? They attack theose with foreign language.

The woman who serves the little queen doubts about this war.

Fam and others trying to find the help, but the country is already dead. So they found the skill to destroy those places higher from Millia's sister? Huge plate-like rock flew to destroy another country?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 20, 2012 2:56 PM

Jul 2010
Things are starting to heat up!!

5/5 10/10
Jan 20, 2012 6:15 PM

Jul 2009
Holy shit, Adamas Squadron was completely obliterated. Holy shit, Sorūsh and his carpet bombing. Holy shit, Glacies and its Exile wall. Holy shit, EXILE.

...That sums up my reaction this week. Will this be a pyrrhic victory for the Federation?

Next episode is Smothered Mate, which is
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jan 20, 2012 8:39 PM

Jun 2011
Enough with the Russian... Please

The war between Exiles has began
Jan 21, 2012 3:08 AM

Nov 2010
arsonal said:
Holy shit, Adamas Squadron was completely obliterated. Holy shit, Sorūsh and his carpet bombing. Holy shit, Glacies and its Exile wall. Holy shit, EXILE.

...That sums up my reaction this week. Will this be a pyrrhic victory for the Federation?

That was brutal warfare. The carpet bombing was especially devastating. It's a shame that Dian's superiors didn't really give a rat's ass about her. Russian tsundere FTW.
Jan 21, 2012 7:18 AM
Apr 2011
I found the first Last Exile to be a great sci-fi/steampunk adventure that held all kinds of emotional elements. I have watched this sequel so far with hope of peace in the world, but peace seems to be the furthest from Lucinia's goals. It hasn't really been shown but I'm almost positive he has manipulated the young queen into believing that peace is impossible without worldwide genocide of every country but their own. This of course being completely different from the previous queen's goal and dream.

Lucinia's manipulation of the older Turan princess, Lilliana, has me so freakin ticked. Just how weak of a woman can she really be?

Anyway, this show is quite a hard line of drama and tragedy. I want to finish it, but it's getting harder to stand all the tragedies and hate. I still like it but it's becoming a tough watch...emotionally.

This episode proved the Lucinia's goal of genocide once again. I feel sorry for the world Fam and company live in.
Jan 21, 2012 9:38 AM

Jul 2011
I liked the episode. Battle scenes are still awesome.
Jan 21, 2012 10:11 AM

Aug 2008
Whatever reason Lilliana may have to act like this, it's unforgivable. Ever since she turned back on Milia, she's really detestable (I haven't liked her since the beginning)! And poor Sara, being manipulated like this, but I still want her to suffer in the end.

I miss Sylvana' gang and Claus and Lavi! I hope Alvis and Dio will be able to do something to the Ades!
Jan 21, 2012 5:45 PM

Jul 2008
arsonal said:

Next episode is Smothered Mate, which is

This seem very likely to be that.
I beleived that the girl that helped Fam and co in Glacies will survive the war and join Fam's group by the end of the show.

Because the remant of the sky pirates + the remnant of glacies + Silvanus + Dio + Alvis and the Last Exile vs the federation and their Exile would be motherfuckingly epic.
Even if Claus is implied to be dead it's not impossible to see lavie or some character from s1 again.
Jan 22, 2012 8:00 AM

Aug 2010
I really like this episode, but i loathe they are using exile like a weapon
Jan 22, 2012 6:51 PM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
So the Fam Fam trio were to late to warn the Glaciens and both sides suffered lots of casualties.

Now, it appears both Ades and Glacies are trying to use Exile's power against each other.

Next episode looks like we might be done with Glacies possibly.
Jan 23, 2012 4:01 AM

Apr 2011
Exile like defense. Cool!

I hope the tsundere survives.
Jan 23, 2012 8:21 PM

Dec 2011
Great episode! Loved the music as always and with that end... I can't wait to see the next episode. 2 Exiles *-*
Jan 26, 2012 9:35 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Blood_Wizard said:
So the Fam Fam trio were to late to warn the Glaciens and both sides suffered lots of casualties.

Now, it appears both Ades and Glacies are trying to use Exile's power against each other.

I think you jumped an episode. There was a "recap" episode numbered "9.5", which is confusing a lot of people. What just aired was episode 13 ("Bad move"), not 14 ("Smothered mate") - which showed the initial Aldes attack and eventually resulted in Glacies using their Exile to erect a wall around their city, and then Aldes calling in their Exile to counter it, but ended there. The last scene (or near last scene) is Fam, Gisey and Millia watching the Aldes Exile moving north.
Jan 26, 2012 9:46 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
lanblade said:
I can't help but think...why aren't their faces freezing off flying in such a cold climate. That's the one thing that really irks me with this second season--the vanship designs. They're too open. Heck, even Fan's vanship doesn't have a screen. I'd feel like the ship would have terrible drag along with giving them frostbite. At least the Rocket Fighters make sense.

I'm with you there - one sometimes gets the impression the writers/animators don't pay attention to some details.

Otherwise, yes, brutal episode. In particular, my son was very bent when I explained to him that the Aldes allied (Chaos?) vanguard sacrifice also served a political purpose unrelated to the assault.
Jan 26, 2012 11:25 AM

Sep 2011
Cratex said:
Blood_Wizard said:

I think you jumped an episode. There was a "recap" episode numbered "9.5", which is confusing a lot of people. What just aired was episode 13 ("Bad move"), not 14 ("Smothered mate") - which showed the initial Aldes attack and eventually resulted in Glacies using their Exile to erect a wall around their city, and then Aldes calling in their Exile to counter it, but ended there. The last scene (or near last scene) is Fam, Gisey and Millia watching the Aldes Exile moving north.

That is embarassing for me.
The site I watch it on did not make that distinction, so I did not check if it was a half episode.
Jan 26, 2012 11:26 AM
Apr 2010
I'm disappointed that the battles lasted one episode. I wanted it to be 2 eps at least. :(
Jan 28, 2012 2:33 AM

Jun 2008
Those fights where epic. Damn lots of ships blowing up. Glacies has some good defenses and the Federation has tones of battleships.
Really want to see the next episode, dieing from anticipation here but am also quite frustrated for all the people getting attacked by the Federation. At least Glacies gave them a good run for their money and caused some strong damages but i wonder if there is any nation left. Glancies might be the last.
Jan 28, 2012 3:42 PM
Oct 2011
Didn't get to mention it last week, but that was such an epic episode.
Jan 29, 2012 10:42 AM

Apr 2009
The Chaos fleet and the other provincial fleets were used as bait as expected being the vanguard fleet. The losses were within predicted and acceptable limits, easy to say eh? Considering those mere "losses" were human lives is kinda hard to swallow for me even though I'm fully aware that what I'm watching is only fiction.

My empathy aside, I can't believe I'm seeing carpet bombing here, but Sorush the Swift got really fast bombers there. Nice!!! XD

Wait Glacies' Exile is buried underneath them and not parked among those in orbit? Clever bastards! Let's see how it will hold up against Turan's Exile. I can't wait to see the Exiles clash.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 29, 2012 10:58 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
tofei said:
The Chaos fleet and the other provincial fleets were used as bait as expected being the vanguard fleet. The losses were within predicted and acceptable limits, easy to say eh? Considering those mere "losses" were human lives is kinda hard to swallow for me even though I'm fully aware that what I'm watching is only fiction.

Sadly, real life military planners have to also make exactly those sorts of calculations and decisions based on them (or, at least, those who are doing their job and not basing their plans on fantasy or amateur assumptions). Of course, some will be insensitive to losses so long as the result achieves success, though I'd like to think that most lose more than a little sleep over their decisions.
Dec 8, 2013 1:56 PM

May 2012
Damn this doesn't look good, but well this sure has some great development let's see what the next episode has to offer us! But damn that ending :|
Feb 2, 2014 8:35 AM

Aug 2013
Exile versus Exile next episode.

Liliana's an idiot. "I'll aid you in your mass murders and world conquest so we can have world peace, my hands are soiled anyway. And I'll go as far as killing my own sister. Oh but it doesn't mean I've forgiven you Luscinia." Would've been better if she just killed herself if peace is all she wanted. At least Turan's exile won't be used for nefarious purposes.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 28, 2016 5:09 PM

Dec 2015
Lol, yeah Fam is pissing me off too always talking about how the Grand race was a day with no war or fighting yet the queen who held the peace was murdered there along with others. I swear this chick is a fucking idiot. Talk about a retarded MC -_-.

Also Liliana and Augusta should get killed, if in anyway they are forgiven in this series I will rate it low. It would be absolutely absurd to absolve them of the crimes of destroying multiple countries just because 1 is a kid (she is a ruler, so she can order anything and only an idiot would not know killing is bad) and Liliana and her oh well I wiped one country out so I might as well do it again for "peace". The women in this series are a bunch of fucking twats.
Apr 5, 2017 4:44 AM
Aug 2014
Agree with the 3 comments above.

Another thing that annoyed me was that the mobile fighters couldn't break of their attack in time, but those huge battleships managed to come to a halt immediately when they were faced with the wall.
Jul 27, 2021 4:29 PM

Aug 2017
One of the old men governing Gracies even said a line that rhymes! I wonder how much care went into training all these seiyuus to read Russian lines. I guess that's why only 1 Russian actor was hired.

Rocket fighters seem pretty wasteful. Do they need a new set of boosters every launch or are they reusable? Say, they parachute to the land and are then refueled. Doubt it though.

The computer systems of Gracies have Greek letters for some reason, despite them speaking Russian. And pirate settlements are named in German.

Somehow Fam singled out Diana's vanship haha. I didn't really understand why half of Diana's squad had time to stop the attack while she did not. Could've turned back too.

The Exile of Gracies is literally an iron curtain. It's interesting that they don't have a "fleet" at all. Also, the staff at the base could've been put to more use - what were the other people except the old men in the council doing? Sitting around and talking or whatever.

Given that the bombed pirate base didn't have any corpses, I can conclude that the show either didn't want to show cruelty, or the pirates were really good at escaping.

Luscinia asked Liliana about her decision once more, as if it actually mattered. She's effectively a prisoner, he can just come to her and say the words.

The "Exile vs Exile" thing is a rather obvious analogy for nuclear powers, I think.

So with Fam and co. speeding away to warn Dian of the Ades fleet I can't help but think...why aren't their faces freezing off flying in such a cold climate.

Oh, I didn't think of that. But hey, they have cute things to warm their ears!

P.S. The preview for this episode with Diana's hiccup was very funny

P.P.S. I don't dislike Fam and enjoy the series despite it having a few minor problems here and there.
St0rmbladeJul 27, 2021 4:44 PM
Dec 30, 2021 3:36 AM
Jun 2020
Literally, the Federation is clearly asshole here but they decide to put heroic BGM for them while Glacies just defending and they get most evil BGM ever lol

Also, I agree with Liliana being an idiot lol, pretty disappointed considering she suppose to be wise than Millia.
Mar 9, 2023 12:22 AM
Jul 2021
Fear not! Dear citizens of MAL, here comes the lolita express team to save the day! 

Now everyone has an Exile at their service?! How come? And why does the Russian/Slavs wanna be have one?

Those "Vespas" flying toys are really pathetic, they don't have weapons, they are super small & cramped, they don't even have a windshield! For the love of God how is it that they don't freeze up there while flying around in those pathetic little toys?!

Millia is truly useless, at the end of the episode she yells Sister .... SISTER! STOP! Into the air....Uhm okay lolita n3 settle down, settle down. ROFL..

And the Triple Fam retard shows doesn't let go, this chick has the need to do or say at least one thing on every episode to clearly show us all that she's retarded. 
DawizzMar 9, 2023 12:26 AM
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 2 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Oct 21, 2011

47 by -Dark_Flame- »»
Dec 30, 2023 2:59 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2012

78 by K-cong »»
Oct 1, 2023 11:55 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Shih - Oct 14, 2011

87 by Suricatta413 »»
Jun 25, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 15 Discussion

Shih - Feb 3, 2012

26 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 14 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 27, 2012

22 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.