Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 17, 2012 10:57 PM
Nov 2008
Dear lord Hina is adorable. I imagine a lot of personal bias in favor of this show comes from the fact that I have a niece who just turned 4. Still, I'm pretty sure the series will have an identity crisis, if it doesn't already. The show at college and the show at the house feel like two completely different things, and I'm worried that it will take away from what could really be a quality series. For now, I'm hooked. Hina is enough reason to keep watching, and if they pull Raika back into the story, all the better. Crossing my fingers that I won't end up disappointed.
Jan 17, 2012 11:31 PM
Jul 2018
Anime_Name said:
Net-Raid said:
Yanoflies said:
Wy'd they have to go and change the manga around? It was not far from perfect there.

Seriously, made it lost some of its touch.

Papa no Iukoto has the potential to be a very heartwarming tale about family, hopefully they don't overcrowd it with fan service.

This director's in my hate book now.

This.
That funeral part was a bit rushed. There were a lot of things they could explain better (like why the 3 of them have to be separated).
Oh well, this is just the starting point anyways.

I don't need to explain it better because it is common sense. All you have to do is think about which is easier, finding 3 different homes that can take care of 1 girl or finding 1 place with that can take care of all 3 girls.

"hopefully they don't overcrowd it with fan service"
Read the manga, there's already plenty of fan service going around there.

Yes, it is common sense. My problem is with the way they deliver the message. They didn't discuss even that much, then it suddenly became like "Ok, now girl A comes here, B here, and C here." In the manga, they actually elaborate on why the other family members cannot take the 3 of them in all at once because of each family's circumstances. That's why I felt it was a bit rushed.
removed-userJan 17, 2012 11:43 PM
Jan 17, 2012 11:35 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode! The girls are adorable like last time. The first 3/4 of the episode was a mix of cute, funny and heartwarming moments. Especially when they sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I actually sang alongside them! Afterwards, the song got stuck in my head for over an hour... x.x

And then the last 1/4 of the episode... sudden mood swing. ;_;
apbiofreakJan 18, 2012 2:47 PM
Jan 18, 2012 12:22 AM

Aug 2011
BWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ಥ‿ಥ

Jan 18, 2012 12:25 AM

Feb 2010
Yuuta is a brave man raising 3 kids on his own.
Jan 18, 2012 12:37 AM

Oct 2010
Net-Raid said:
Anime_Name said:
Net-Raid said:
Yanoflies said:
Wy'd they have to go and change the manga around? It was not far from perfect there.

Seriously, made it lost some of its touch.

Papa no Iukoto has the potential to be a very heartwarming tale about family, hopefully they don't overcrowd it with fan service.

This director's in my hate book now.

This.
That funeral part was a bit rushed. There were a lot of things they could explain better (like why the 3 of them have to be separated).
Oh well, this is just the starting point anyways.

I don't need to explain it better because it is common sense. All you have to do is think about which is easier, finding 3 different homes that can take care of 1 girl or finding 1 place with that can take care of all 3 girls.

"hopefully they don't overcrowd it with fan service"
Read the manga, there's already plenty of fan service going around there.

Yes, it is common sense. My problem is with the way they deliver the message. They didn't discuss even that much, then it suddenly became like "Ok, now girl A comes here, B here, and C here." In the manga, they actually elaborate on why the other family members cannot take the 3 of them in all at once because of each family's circumstances. That's why I felt it was a bit rushed.
Indeed I agree with you. Can anyone give the piece of info from the LN that explains it?

I know very good Samaritan people who did that for Haganai so it might be nice to read on in this thread.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 18, 2012 1:00 AM

Oct 2009
I haven't read the LN myself, but I've read the manga/side manga of it. Not sure how the LN did it, but based on the manga and its sides:

_Sora was originally the one that got the phone call (though in Sora's own manga it's her that gets the phone).

_The family sounded more like assholes. They THREATENED the girls (pointed out by oi-tan) to obey ... I mean "we'd hate having to send you girls to foster families ..." was really sad.

_They ask Miu whether or not she knew how to contact her mother, oh my poor Miu.

_Miu was trying hard to stop herself from crying.

_Oi-tan sounded way cooler the way he said it.

(that was the funeral part, how everything went in the main manga in short)

__manga starts with oi-tan's past visit to the house

__backstory on oi-tan's family backstory, hints that his sister wanted him to know what a family felt like

__oi-tan goes to house

__he realizes (from the girls) that his sister left the girls to him for a week

__fun stuff

__welcome party to house from the girls

__family stuff

__Sora gets phone call

__funeral as above, evul family, poor little girls and heroic oi-tan

They started on the college stuff way too early, I mean most of the first episode was on sob sob sob girl rather than introducing the family and oi-tan's backstory ...

I really recommend everyone who enjoyed the show to read the manga, start with the main then read all the sides. They're all really good. A lot of manga streaming sites have the chapters very wrong.

http://reader.japanzai.com/

Read with above link, it's the scanlators and translator's site.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2012 1:03 AM

Jul 2009
Who cares if the story and turn of events is ridiculous and unrealistic (which it is^^)

I bet the wast majority is watching this for one thing only, loli fanservice (^.^)
Jan 18, 2012 1:09 AM

Oct 2009
EternalDreamer said:
Who cares if the story and turn of events is ridiculous and unrealistic (which it is^^)

I bet the wast majority is watching this for one thing only, loli fanservice (^.^)

I care. I'm sure it was better unfold in the LN (at least it definitely was in the manga). The director here is just doing a really bad job.

Papa no Iukoto is a really heartwarming tale of family, similar to Usagi Drop. Sure there's an abundance of fan service but if you can overlook that; it's really heart warming.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2012 1:13 AM
Jul 2018
EternalDreamer said:

Hnnngghh... Why do you have to be right :P ?!
That said, I do not watch this for loli fanservice :D.
Jan 18, 2012 1:22 AM

Oct 2010
Yanoflies said:
EternalDreamer said:

I care. I'm sure it was better unfold in the LN (at least it definitely was in the manga). The director here is just doing a really bad job.

Papa no Iukoto is a really heartwarming tale of family, similar to Usagi Drop. Sure there's an abundance of fan service but if you can overlook that; it's really heart warming.
Yeah I roll the eyes up for the fan service. I just have fun mentioning what it was. They also do loads of comedy after some of the fan service to forget about it. It's a technique. It works, tends to on me.

Finally I got that link and the extra info is interesting.

Jan 18, 2012 1:27 AM

Dec 2008
That was pretty devastating, unexpected from a series that seems to be based around borderline moments.

This was a really great episode personally, hope episodes like this are in store for us.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Jan 18, 2012 1:32 AM
Sep 2011
Good episode! It is not the best show this season but i will keep watch this one anyway. ^^
Jan 18, 2012 1:46 AM
Oct 2011
I want the 3rd episode now!
Jan 18, 2012 1:52 AM

Oct 2010
kinda knew that was going to happen.. BUT ONEE-SAMA!!! imagine how hurt and sad he is right now to only have Hina as a family member.. and i think his aunt? idk but its so sad...
Jan 18, 2012 1:53 AM

Nov 2011
When the part where you see his sister and her husband aboard the plane, I was pretty sure something was going to happen to them.

Good thing Yuuta stood up and kept the three together!
Jan 18, 2012 2:41 AM

Feb 2008
What does LN stand for?

I don't really know why but I do like tsundere girls lol :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 18, 2012 2:47 AM

Oct 2010
Blackbird said:
What does LN stand for?

I don't really know why but I do like tsundere girls lol :D
LN = to Light Novel

Jan 18, 2012 2:47 AM

Apr 2010
good episode I just hope there isn't too much fanserve in the following episodes
Jan 18, 2012 3:35 AM
Jun 2008
The parent's death and usagi's development is very easily predicted.
but now here a question.... how will he gonna support 3 girl while attending school at the same time?.
I guess there is something to expect from this Anime =P

Where is my yoyoyo? >.<"
Jan 18, 2012 4:29 AM

Jul 2010
This is rushed... I wasn't able to feel the emotional impact like in LN... and 12 episodes only?? give me a break...

Nevertheless, I like the fan-service though, I really hope that the anime wouldn't turn out to be fan-service focused loli BS. As long as they keep the heartwarming family themed plot, I'm down with this.

Jan 18, 2012 6:22 AM
Jan 2010
That did NOT just happen...
Jan 18, 2012 6:57 AM

Apr 2010
chococya96 said:
This is rushed... I wasn't able to feel the emotional impact like in LN... and 12 episodes only?? give me a break...

Nevertheless, I like the fan-service though, I really hope that the anime wouldn't turn out to be fan-service focused loli BS. As long as they keep the heartwarming family themed plot, I'm down with this.

Fairly certain they are intending to do 2 cour, just split (maybe a season between them).
Jan 18, 2012 8:03 AM

Sep 2008
Much better. Though I doubt the rest will stay this good.

ED animation was cool.
Jan 18, 2012 8:40 AM

Oct 2010
So sad! :____:
Jan 18, 2012 9:25 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
AH GREAT.. i was like "Hmm i bet now family will die on plane crash xD" then "Its not dark themed anime so i wont happen anyways :)"

Then..

YOU MUST BE FUCKING KIDDING ME
Jan 18, 2012 9:34 AM

Jul 2010
dat ED.
Jan 18, 2012 9:43 AM

Oct 2011
Had the feeling that something will happen to the parents, it would have been better if i was wrong . Poor Hina she is just tooooooo cuuute to suffer so young :(.......
Jan 18, 2012 9:45 AM

Nov 2008
OhanaNiArashi said:
Had the feeling that something will happen to the parents, it would have been better if i was wrong . Poor Hina she is just tooooooo cuuute to suffer so young :(.......

Her suffering is more evident and even worse in Usagi no Mark, the 1st chapter actually made me cry.

Jan 18, 2012 10:15 AM

Jan 2011
I really liked the ED.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 18, 2012 11:13 AM

Mar 2008
Good ep...

Jan 18, 2012 11:30 AM

Sep 2010
This is a sweet little MOE anime.......

Only problem is, Yuuta. He's freaking annoying and looks like a 15year old......

4/5
Jan 18, 2012 12:09 PM

Apr 2010
MorningGlory said:
The parent's death and usagi's development is very easily predicted.
but now here a question.... how will he gonna support 3 girl while attending school at the same time?.
I guess there is something to expect from this Anime =P
Actually it has not been confirmed that they are death it's only been said that they went missing which means that there still is a possibility that they are alive.
Tho it's has to be mentioned that when a airplane goes missing that the possibility's of there being survivors are small.

I agree that a college student raising three girls impossible but remember that he has a friend helping him out and there are students who manage to complete there education while raising a child.
It's hard but possible.
It's pretty brave of him to stand up to the family like that raising those girls will be hard especially in his position, and then standing up against the husbands family like that.

I have to say that the family's decisions where a bit strange.
They probably had the best intentions of sending Sora of to a boarding school but it just gives her the impression that she is not wanted by the family and that they just send her off somewhere.
Then there is Miu they could not even be bothered to contact her mother because she is a foreigner, i mean does that even matter she is still Miu's mother.
I don't know about Japan but in Europe and the States you must inform a parent according to law if something like that where to happen.
It also seems like that Yuuta could not even take part in the decision making till the last moment.
Tho i have to say that i can understand the separating part there is not always a possibility for all siblings to stay together but you should at least try to do that.
Jan 18, 2012 1:53 PM
Aug 2011
The first part of the episode was really funny and kawaii and the second part even i imagining that something like this would happen was really sad...
Now this is going to start!!!

Jan 18, 2012 2:35 PM
Sep 2011
twonline said:
This is a sweet little MOE anime.......

Only problem is, Yuuta. He's freaking annoying and looks like a 15year old......

4/5

Exactly my thoughts. Yuuta does NOT look his age. His face and voice do not match at all.

Nevertheless this anime is cute as hell. Looking forward to the rest of it.
Jan 18, 2012 2:50 PM

Feb 2011
They should thank God for the Suffering.
Jan 18, 2012 3:06 PM

May 2011
First 15 minutes, ~ooh so cute! Hina is too adorable, Miu is just so :D, and Sora such a cute tsundere. That meteor shower scenes was just so heartwarming too.

Then bam... it was heartbreaking to watch those three like that. :( Such a sad scene. I don't think / hope they aren't dead and are just missing but still really sucks for them.

On another note, I want more Raika and I just can't wait to see what she'll say to Yuuta bringing all those kids back to his dorm. Equally excited to see what Miu/ Sora would do when they see her as well.
Jan 18, 2012 5:30 PM

Aug 2011
Damns, that is tragic. In an anime that I thought was all cheerful, the mother and sister dies.

So apparently Sora likes Yuuto?
Jan 18, 2012 7:17 PM

Jan 2011
I doubt that the girls will be totally dependent on Yuuto's limited financial resources. Since the father was a responsible salaryman there will almost certainly be life insurance through the employer--as well as possible benefits that would be available from the state (I know how it works in Canada, so I'm assuming it is similar in Japan). In my home jurisdiction, if a married couple dies simultaneously, the younger person is deemed to be a survivor in terms of settling the first estate--I don't know how this would impact custody of the children but based on Usagi drop, it appears as if such things may be a little more informal in Japan (again, locals could enlighten us if this is an issue). If the sister were deemed to be last survivor that would make Yuuto the closest relative. I think the key for Yuuto is his memory of his sister raising him on her own. Sora is old enough to take some responsibility--although it will be tough on her--so the living arrangement is possible although challenging.

Yet another example of how anime goes much beyond North American animation in dealing with real issues at the same time as presenting broad comedy. I'm looking forward to seeing where the story goes...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 18, 2012 8:57 PM

Nov 2008
For those who expected lotsa loli fanservice in this show: Drop this now or else you will be disappointed.
Yes. This is coming from the one who read the novel. xDD

Although the episode kinda rushed the depressing part on the novel, it is still good nonetheless.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 18, 2012 9:02 PM

Jan 2011
good episode, it reminded me of usagi drop lol
im continue watching this, as i started to like it even more :D
Jan 18, 2012 11:19 PM

Aug 2009
That happened so fast but I still shed a tear.
The main characters are lovable.
Jan 18, 2012 11:39 PM

Jan 2008
I wasn't expecting the girls to call him papa but i guess it makes sense based on the show's title, and wasn't expecting the parents to be dead. or missing. or whatever. it was like joy joy joy DEATH. quite surprising. i love that ED song too.
Jan 19, 2012 12:55 AM

Dec 2010
Another good episode and the ending showed promise granted it was a bittersweet development but still an interesting direction for the plot. I don't know why but planes in scenarios like that really give an ominous vibe and this is coming from someone who actually enjoys flights; well to note i found it strange that they didn't say the were "deceased" by rather missing but they are already doing the adoption process; they should either leave them dead or alive already because it would be really cliche and unrealistic if they turn out to be the only survivors and they magically come back one day.
Jan 19, 2012 1:16 AM

Aug 2008
That was unexpected. Didn't feel like something like this would happen with the vibe the story had. But it's not unwelcome either... beats postponing their "arrival" I suppose.
Jan 19, 2012 2:28 AM

Oct 2010
There is one idea I got and decided to share before I forget it. Yuuta can make the girls do modeling. It would pay loads of stuff and I see Sora/Miu easily in it.

Miu more than Sora due to her foreign traits.

Jan 19, 2012 3:48 AM

Aug 2008
super forced setting!
but well...

“The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.” 
― Agatha Christie
Jan 19, 2012 4:37 AM

Oct 2011
didn't really expect much from this show at first, but i have been pleasantly surprised with the first two episodes, especially this one - very heart-warming and then heart-breaking - good family drama - i'll definitely be watching next week!!!
Jan 19, 2012 6:19 AM

Feb 2009
Normally I'd be surprised at the twist with the missing plane since I never read the manga or novel but the synopsis kind of stated this already which killed any shock factor for me.

With that said I didn't mind the depressing part being rushed a bit for this show since its was already expected and just setting up the main plot.

Another good episode for me, enjoying the show so far.
Jan 19, 2012 6:26 AM

Jun 2009
How is Yuuta suppose to take care of 3 girls? Even so, how are they suppose to live cramp up in a small apartment... I mean, two of them are are teen girls, they'll need some space for themselves...

Hmmm... hopefully they answer them properly.

EternalDreamer said:

Disagree completely.

I intended to not watch this show when I saw the cover and read the synopsis, then I heard about how this show is not the ecchi/harem I thought it was, so I give episode 1 a go. Liking what I saw, and watch this episode.

I mean, granted, Yuuta is a young male after all, there will most probably be awkward moments once in a while, but all in all, it's the family theme that I'm seeking.
AirStylesJan 19, 2012 6:31 AM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Mar 6, 2012

112 by sinsforeal »»
Jan 21, 4:39 PM

» The OST in this series sounds like Fire Emblem

jendorei - Jun 27, 2023

1 by Skoorb »»
Jun 27, 2023 11:44 AM

» [Major Spoilers] What ever happened to Oda Raika?

--Dawn-- - Apr 2, 2016

5 by Shreyash101 »»
Jun 24, 2023 2:56 PM

» I came here after watching the ova

Ghefira - May 24, 2023

1 by Skoorb »»
May 25, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2012

221 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 13, 2023 2:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.