New
Jan 14, 2012 1:53 PM
Nov 2007
Which? I was in the Navy.
CMB17Jan 14, 2012 11:07 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 14, 2012 2:45 PM

Aug 2011
Hey CMB, I was in two branches and one of them is not in your poll. I don't think anyone in the national guard wants to be lumped in with the army.

Active Military, Prior Service and Veteran's Anime Club
do not forget the sound of my voice until the day we reunite
Jan 14, 2012 3:08 PM

Mar 2009
Antalk said:
Hey CMB, I was in two branches and one of them is not in your poll. I don't think anyone in the national guard wants to be lumped in with the army.
--Too bad about that. Pretty sure you fall under the Department of the Army. Marines actually fall under the Department of the Navy . . . but they are "special."

Me? Army.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Jan 14, 2012 3:11 PM
Oct 2008
Yep that's why we call them the ARMY National Guard they even advertise it that way.

Now mine Join the Navy SEALs see the word SEALs is louder then Navy
Jan 14, 2012 6:36 PM

Aug 2011
The army wouldn't accept us and we didn't want them. They can't think outside of the box and all we wanted to do was get inside a box, hehe (plz excuse the crude attempt at humor). So I put my vote for the coast guard, which is where I started my military life in.

Jan 14, 2012 8:12 PM
Oct 2011
Since the Marine Corps isn't an option, I refuse to vote in this poll.
Jan 14, 2012 11:06 PM
Nov 2007
Antalk said:
Yes for this they are and you can claim the one you were in the longest.
Jan 14, 2012 11:08 PM
Nov 2007
Ftom14cat said:
Since the Marine Corps isn't an option, I refuse to vote in this poll.
Fixed, now vote please.
Jan 15, 2012 3:05 AM

Dec 2008
Avast, you landlubbers! I was in the U.S. Navy from 1976-1996! Anchors Aweigh! ^_^

May the DESU be with you! Always!
Jan 15, 2012 6:54 PM
Oct 2008
PhillyFlash said:
Avast, you landlubbers! I was in the U.S. Navy from 1976-1996! Anchors Aweigh! ^_^

Aye Aye Sir batten down the hatches,all sails aloft you rise the mizzen mast put rudder amid ships trim those sails cabin boy go get me 50 ft of shore line or I will keel haul ya
Jan 16, 2012 6:21 AM

Dec 2008
davismw2000 said:
PhillyFlash said:

Aye Aye Sir batten down the hatches,all sails aloft you rise the mizzen mast put rudder amid ships trim those sails cabin boy go get me 50 ft of shore line or I will keel haul ya

Only after you get me a drum of elbow grease! ASAP!

Jan 16, 2012 6:43 AM

Mar 2009
PhillyFlash said:
davismw2000 said:
PhillyFlash said:

Only after you get me a drum of elbow grease! ASAP!
--Maybe we need a Paul Simonesque thread titled "Fifty ways to screw with the FNG." . . . Flightline, shoreline, rotor wash, hatch battens, elbow grease . . . .
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Jan 16, 2012 4:08 PM

Aug 2011
Lisnoire, I told you we have an infestation, but NOoooooo, you don't want to believe me that our club is infested with squid! Either I am going to get an exterminator or I am calling the Sushi House around the corner and telling them we have free squid for sail....

Jan 16, 2012 5:53 PM

Mar 2009
Antalk said:
Lisnoire, I told you we have an infestation, but NOoooooo, you don't want to believe me that our club is infested with squid! Either I am going to get an exterminator or I am calling the Sushi House around the corner and telling them we have free squid for sail....
--Hold the Sashimi, but I do like squid tempura, calamari, salt and pepper with hot sauce, . . . . . in dress whites . . . . .

Besides, you were a Coastie which is kind of a third cousin twice removed . . . if you squint and look around a corner . . . . sorta . . . .kina

What!? We got no Zoomies! What's up with that? Someone go find one. We need a full set, damn it.

Realizing there are subsets, basic nic names for the primary branches are:
Navy = squid/swabies
Marine = Jar head and/or leather neck
Air Force = Chair Force/Zoomies
Army = G.I./Grunt

What do we call Coasties?
lisnoireJan 16, 2012 6:12 PM
Jan 16, 2012 7:14 PM
Oct 2008
lisnoire said:
Antalk said:
--Hold the Sashimi, but I do like squid tempura, calamari, salt and pepper with hot sauce, . . . . . in dress whites . . . . .

Besides, you were a Coastie which is kind of a third cousin twice removed . . . if you squint and look around a corner . . . . sorta . . . .kina

What!? We got no Zoomies! What's up with that? Someone go find one. We need a full set, damn it.

Navy = squid/swabies
Army = G.I./Grunt

Puddle Jumpers
Jan 16, 2012 10:55 PM

Dec 2008
davismw2000 said:
lisnoire said:
Navy = squid/swabies
Army = G.I./Grunt

Puddle Jumpers
Those are a type of airplane. Usually small and short ranged.

Coasties are called Coots or Mud-ducks. Marines are fond of the term "leatherneck" (least-ways the ones I knew), but also react to the term "misguided children"
Jan 16, 2012 11:50 PM

Mar 2009
Wasn't the old recruiting chant "Army! Navy! Air Force! Marines! ". . . . Huh? What? Who? . . . . O.K. . . . . . . . Coast Guard.
Jan 17, 2012 12:39 AM

Dec 2008
Antalk said:

Hmm! I'm sensing intense jealousy from you, Antalk! No need to feel that way towards the classier branch of the Armed Forces! :P

Jan 18, 2012 5:06 PM
Nov 2010
Marines. Personally I don't really care what you call us. One time in Speech class someone told me, in front of the whole class they thought Marines were brain-washed. At first I kind of got offended by it but after thinking about it, I don't mind.

Brain-washed, conditioned, trained, whatever you call it, it keeps you alive the first time you get attacked and don't know what to do and let training take over.
Jan 18, 2012 6:25 PM

Aug 2011
lisnoire said this: Besides, you were a Coastie which is kind of a third cousin twice removed . . . if you squint and look around a corner . . . . sorta . . . .kina

Red headed bastard is fine.
And philly, no jealousy here my friend. I was kinda hoping you'd pick up on the sail instead of sale reference. I like my foxhole stationary. It may fill up with water, but it wont sink.

Jan 18, 2012 6:27 PM

Aug 2011
I love it here, y'all make me laugh, and after today, I needed one. THANKS! :)

Jan 18, 2012 8:00 PM
Nov 2010
Antalk said:
lisnoire said this: Besides, you were a Coastie which is kind of a third cousin twice removed . . . if you squint and look around a corner . . . . sorta . . . .kina

LOL!!!
Jan 19, 2012 2:30 AM
Oct 2008
That's what we former Navy personal from Michigan call the Coast Guard Puddle Jumpers

yngtadpole Brain washed I like to think something of that old cartoon GI Joe

We are a Highly trained special mission force are purpose to defend human freedom from Al Qaeda/Taliban terrorist organizations bent on destorying the world

There what do you think of that "GO JOE"

And knowing is half the battle "GI JOE"
Jan 21, 2012 10:27 AM
Oct 2011
davismw2000 said:
And knowing is half the battle "GI JOE"

Haha I love that quote, because I always come back with: And knowing is half the battle..."the losing half, its the doing that wins" And that is what Marines are for, screw the knowing part...we'll do the doing thank you very much.
Jan 21, 2012 10:53 PM
Nov 2010
LOL. Speaking of knowing, I remember in MCT one of our instructors was making a over-simplified generalization that intel marines would look at a candy wrapper and left-over bag of chips and could tell the size of the enemy force lol.
Jan 22, 2012 4:10 PM

Dec 2008
yngtadpole said:
LOL. Speaking of knowing, I remember in MCT one of our instructors was making a over-simplified generalization that intel marines would look at a candy wrapper and left-over bag of chips and could tell the size of the enemy force lol.
1,...2,...lots?....
Jan 23, 2012 11:28 AM

Mar 2009
OrlahEhontas said:
yngtadpole said:
1,...2,...lots?....
--Not a Marine count but my own.

1, 2, some, lots, many, run.
Jan 23, 2012 12:58 PM

Dec 2008
lisnoire said:
OrlahEhontas said:
yngtadpole said:
1,...2,...lots?....
--Not a Marine count but my own.

1, 2, some, lots, many, run.
Yeah, the Marine would have left off the "run" part. Not because of any special bravery or any such thing, they just haven't gotten that far in the dictionary is all.
Jan 23, 2012 7:36 PM
Oct 2011
Ill have you know we were on 3 letter words by the end of bootcamp thank you very much...

It wasnt until after a school that they tell you there are more letter words though.
Jan 24, 2012 12:34 PM

Dec 2008
Ftom14cat said:
Ill have you know we were on 3 letter words by the end of bootcamp thank you very much...

It wasnt until after a school that they tell you there are more letter words though.
You mean like "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"?
Jan 25, 2012 2:02 PM
Sep 2011
uhhh...go army? yea. Go Army.
...Reserves...yea...Weekend Warriors!!
Jan 29, 2012 7:05 AM
Oct 2008
Huh trees can count well that's amazing. The US military is pretty awesome if they can teach trees there ABC's and 123's

Marines are also good at playing fetch "Come on boy get the terrorist go get the terrorist"

A few minutes later

"Oh thats a good boy you caught the terrorist here have a Scooby snack"
Jan 29, 2012 12:34 PM
Oct 2011
"Oh thats a good boy you caught the terrorist here have a Scooby snack"

Yeah right, its more like..."Oh, you caught the terrorist, but it took you way too long and your uniform is no longer cleaned and pressed to perfection...Bad Marine, shame on you...go think on what you've done." Happy dogs are complacent dogs after all :P

I swear we'd be out in full cammies, gear and whatnot walking around the fob sweating to doom and yall seals would be wandering around in shorts, no shirt, and boots (of course...for the tactical lolz id imagine)
Jan 29, 2012 5:08 PM
Oct 2008
Yeah it was hot duh. The truth is we had to "maintain" a low profile because we where "undercover" no one except the US Military was supposed to know we where there.

Until it was to late mawhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That and it was hot as I said before
Jan 30, 2012 8:05 AM

Mar 2009
We still don't have any Zoomies. (pout)
Jan 30, 2012 9:05 AM

Dec 2008
lisnoire said:
We still don't have any Zoomies. (pout)
Well, lisnoire, after all, this club is for real military personnel. We just let those T-men in because they actually did something combat-like during WWII. Although, running your boats aground can hardly be called professional, even if it was on purpose.
May 9, 2012 10:33 PM

Apr 2012
Former Marine here. The nickname list is short one for us....Devil-dogs.
May 12, 2012 6:25 PM

Dec 2008
Furykury1 said:
Former Marine here. The nickname list is short one for us....Devil-dogs.
Do you really want me to start listing all of the one's my two great-uncle's with 20+ in the Corps told me about...? They usually start with "Uncle Sam's....
Jul 20, 2012 5:22 AM

Jul 2012
United States Army. "First to fight for the right to defend the Nation's might..."

I think I will abstain from adding in any nicknames here. People tend to go to sick call (because their feelings hurt) when you add in the ones I'm familiar with (but I also worked with all of the branches). There was a lot of in service ribbing going on, but a lot of respect as well. The Marines (as an example) used to refer to my unit as Crunchies, Speed bumps and bullet stoppers. I did learn one little interesting saying from a Lance Corporal "Lead, follow or get the hell outta my way!" I always liked that attitude.

"If it aint rainin' we aint trainin' and if it aint snowin' we aint goin'!"
My dream job is to be the Penny Press Operator at the US Mint; Just so I can come home every day to my significant other and say "Honey, I made cents ALL day long!"

Aug 19, 2012 9:54 AM

May 2009
Army reserves all the way HOOAHH!!!!! and for all those that get there feelings hurt from the nicknames like i said in my introduction i can find paperwork for about everything so here is a hurt feelings report you can fill out. Im sure you can fill it out and message antalk HAHA

Aug 28, 2012 8:32 AM

Dec 2008
stunt_crazy said:
Army reserves all the way HOOAHH!!!!! and for all those that get there feelings hurt from the nicknames like i said in my introduction i can find paperwork for about everything so here is a hurt feelings report you can fill out. Im sure you can fill it out and message antalk HAHA

HA! That was funny! I approve!

Nov 11, 2012 2:30 PM

Apr 2012
stunt_crazy said:

That's hilarious, I need to keep a stack of those around the office.
Nov 11, 2012 2:44 PM

Mar 2008
lisnoire said:

*Raises hand*
Here's one (Air National Guard)! And yes, we used chairs in my specialty-After all, it's hard to operate a radar console standing up. ;)
May 1, 2013 6:34 PM

Jul 2012
Army Rolls deep I see
(Hooah)
Jan 2, 2020 9:19 PM

Mar 2016
Blue Water Navy Snipe reporting
Speedy
AKA: HeroHog, Dr. Speed and "That fat, old, balding, grey-bearded gimpy guy"
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Pictures of you in uniform

Antalk - Jan 14, 2012

36 by HeroHog »»
Mar 8, 2023 12:45 PM

» Membership Card

Antalk - Dec 24, 2011

9 by HeroHog »»
Jan 3, 2020 12:02 PM

» Madlax's first rule of jungle warfare:

Grim0013 - Jul 31, 2012

4 by HeroHog »»
Jan 3, 2020 12:47 AM

» Introduce Yourself ( 1 2 )

Ftom14cat - Dec 14, 2011

84 by HeroHog »»
Jan 2, 2020 9:12 PM

» Favorite Tank?

yngtadpole - Dec 1, 2012

11 by JonGC »»
Jan 10, 2013 9:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.