Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2012 10:15 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really good episode Ararargi's KYA KYA KYA was hilarious XD also DAT ED sequence. Ryo did a amazing job with ClariS. Second OP was awesome too.

Cant wait for the next ep.

No dancing tho. :/
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Jan 14, 2012 10:15 AM

Jul 2011
I liked the episode; I'll comment more once Commie's release is out.

mdzJan 14, 2012 12:02 PM
Jan 14, 2012 10:34 AM

Jun 2011
Anyone can fill me in on why Tsukihi's hair is short? Cause i've seen some pictures in the past and she had shoulder length hair even this episode showed her as this unlike last episode, so is the short hair just an anime thing? Sorry i havent read the novel cause some were still untranslated .

Anyways, nice Dekaranger parody there with the Dekamaster roll call. Also i had to pause like every 5 seconds when they were showing Nadeko cause shes just so cute and hot (Never thought this 2 can go so well together). THANK YOU SHAFT FOR THE WONDERFUL NADEKO FANSERVICE
ArcanaTraceJan 16, 2012 1:26 AM
Jan 14, 2012 10:34 AM

Jul 2008
There's a full HD version???
Jan 14, 2012 10:49 AM

Jun 2011
Lol at the ending. Poor Ararargi. xD
Jan 14, 2012 10:54 AM

May 2011
I'm speechless.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Jan 14, 2012 10:55 AM

Jul 2010
Omg that was just priceless XD Kanbaru is so sexyy~
I think it was even better than episode 1, which was truly amazing.Damn, -monogatari never disappoints.

Hasta la vista! 10/5 20/10
Jan 14, 2012 11:01 AM

Nov 2007
i love kanbaru's new look, cant say that about sengoku i liked her better with the bangs
Jan 14, 2012 11:01 AM
Jan 2012
This show has a strange effect on me. Can't say I'm as fanatic as many others, but I have this urge to rewatch it again, as I did with the first episode. Second one being remarkably more enjoyable as a whole - the courage to admit it is mainly because of the girls teasing Araragi. Karen really made this episode tho, with her Terminator quote.

I must say, I'm really starting to warm up to this show.
Jan 14, 2012 11:09 AM

Oct 2010
Hmmmmm, some Kanbaru fan service? Well she is hot at least. I also remind some people in the spoiler
this is from last episode. Apparently we might be getting censored trolled with this version. I have not been able to confirm of this version but granted it really look uncensored, I assume all the shit in this one may also?

Regardless another fun episode. May edit this later.

BTW Image Stitches done in the spoiler
Nadeko looks nice there.

GIFs were done and posted in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=389255
Mainly some good stuff of the sisters and Kanbaru fan service.
Yumekichi11Jan 14, 2012 3:44 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 14, 2012 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
Quite a bit of fan service, but that's how those two characters go i suppose. And no Senjougahara this time around D: Still enjoyed it though
Jan 14, 2012 11:12 AM

Apr 2010
Karen seems like a interesting girl but i have to say most girls in this series are interesting.
The sisters are just as strange as there brother and just as nice to watch.

I think not many guys would be able to resist the number of flags that Sengoku was trowing at Araragi she certainly got guts.
Tho i have to respect Araragi to be able to resist them.
He would probably be killed if Senjougahara found out what happened there.

Kanbaru doesn't seem to care about what Araragi is thinking at all first of all telling she is naked and then showing half of her body the him when he arrives there.
She wasn't ashamed at all except when her grandmother saw her.
I wonder how she explained it to her the poor woman must have been shocked.
And Kanbaru also seemed to be enjoying to torture Araragi.
Jan 14, 2012 11:13 AM

Aug 2011
do i have to watch other -gatari to watch this??

iSignature

"I specialize in reading manga but don't get how to draw manga at all" -Asaba Yuuki-
Jan 14, 2012 11:17 AM
Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Hmmmmm, some Kanbaru fan service? Well she is hot at least. I also remind some people in the spoiler

I don't think we lost much if we were though. Unless the panties add to it in your opinion xD.

On another note, this episode was good, I agree with people about kanbaru's looks.
Jan 14, 2012 11:21 AM

Oct 2010
Dr_Smurph said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Regardless another fun episode. May edit this later.

I don't think we lost much if we were though. Unless the panties add to it in your opinion xD.
No of course not, I did not like that part but this is to remind that there is some uncensored version out there less this is shopped which I doubt from the logo. Well the censors were annoying a little in this episode. Kanbaru has nice assets and to see them censored is just bleh!

Jan 14, 2012 11:23 AM
May 2010
did araragi get raped towards the end?:P
Jan 14, 2012 11:35 AM

Jan 2010
Rikuunojuu said:
Mauno said:
That has to be the shortest 24 min 10 sec in my life. Nothing much happened and it felt like five minutes or so.

Anyways, liked the episode.

Yeah, it felt really short...

OMG , that ED. auto fav!
Jan 14, 2012 11:38 AM
Oct 2011
i want to play twister with nadeko, right here and right now.
Jan 14, 2012 11:43 AM

May 2011
xotamagurl25xo said:
did Araragi get raped towards the end?:P

LMAO, i was just going to say the same thing. If not rape it definitely looks like she was playing with his manhood against his will.

I'm not sure Sengouhara would react if she found out.

This series is oozing with sexual tension. God, there's more tension in just these two episodes then the entire Bake series. Even the sisters seem to be giving off some weird vibes. This show really is turning into a full blown harem.
Jan 14, 2012 11:43 AM

Oct 2010
Great episode again, as usual.

Hehe

Jan 14, 2012 11:46 AM

Mar 2011
ArcanaTrace said:
Anyone can fill me in on why Tsukihi's hair is short? Cause i've seen some pictures in the past and she had shoulder length hair even this episode showed her as this unlike last episode, so is the short hair just an anime thing? Sorry i havent read the novel cause some were still untranslated
I think it's just that she used to have long hair and then she got it cut. I believe some time has past since Bakemonogatari, as you know Kanbaru's hair has grown and I just looked at the profile picture on the Nisemonogatari page and it looks like Hanekawa's hair has also been cut.

Anyway, I loved this episode, good as always. Sengoku is so cute haha and I love Kanbaru, when she raped Araragi at the end, now he knows how Hachikuji feels xD
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Jan 14, 2012 11:54 AM

Aug 2008
Lesson learned? Koyomi.

I liked the first episode better, but I'm satisfied with Nadeko poses.

euphie45 said:
Yes, you'll need Bakemonogatari. But not Katanagatari that has nothing to do with this.
Jan 14, 2012 12:06 PM

Dec 2009
It felt really short, but at least it was fun :)
Jan 14, 2012 12:07 PM

Jul 2010
Araragi got a taste of his own medicine...lmao

Since we've seen the previews that show Kanbaru's ass, it goes to say that the censorship will be gone in the DVD/BD version.
Jan 14, 2012 12:08 PM

Nov 2007
ArcanaTrace said:
Anyone can fill me in on why Tsukihi's hair is short? Cause i've seen some pictures in the past and she had shoulder length hair even this episode showed her as this unlike last episode, so is the short hair just an anime thing? Sorry i havent read the novel cause some were still untranslated

She's very temperamental and has a habit of changing her hairstyle. If you rewatch Bakemonogatari, in different episodes, she has a different hairstyle everytime.

On the other hand, I did not, as in totally did NOT expect Kanbaru to molest and strip Araragi. I thought Kanbaru will tone down her pervertedness when her grandma saw her naked but to put that on the extreme...!!

Also, animation wise, it's a step down from episode one. I liked it though, the story is (more or less) present. (Karen and her phonecall)

On the other hand, DAT KAREN BEE OP!! ERI KITAMURA!!! Another pleasant surprise. I was worried that they'd only have one OP, but yes! A KAREN BEE OPENING!

Jan 14, 2012 12:18 PM
Dec 2011
Seems they've completely butchered the franchise.
The delicately injected awkward scenes have now been replaced with a blatant waste of everyone's time, meaning a ton of sex jokes and plain fanservice.
Plot has not progressed at all, and I'm only mentioning this because it's the SECOND episode of Nise-. I was hoping to see what happens after Bake- because it felt like a preparation for something greater. A solid introduction.

euphie45 said:

Yes. Bakemonogatari. But unless something changes, stick to that.
Jan 14, 2012 12:22 PM

Mar 2009
Kanbaru was always my favorite. Soo fine! Excellent episode!
Jan 14, 2012 12:23 PM

Apr 2009
ryanagamis said:
i want to play twister with nadeko, right here and right now.

Jan 14, 2012 12:23 PM

Apr 2011
I think it's totally alright that some people are holding the lack of so called "main plot" against it.

But hell, I could watch these characters interact with each other for daaaaaaays without getting bored. I loved the episode.
Jan 14, 2012 12:34 PM

Aug 2009
Jan 14, 2012 12:37 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
euphie45 said:

You probably should watch Bakemonogatari first.
Jan 14, 2012 12:42 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
zMonad said:
Seems they've completely butchered the franchise.
The delicately injected awkward scenes have now been replaced with a blatant waste of everyone's time, meaning a ton of sex jokes and plain fanservice.
Plot has not progressed at all, and I'm only mentioning this because it's the SECOND episode of Nise-. I was hoping to see what happens after Bake- because it felt like a preparation for something greater.

I have to agree (mostly - seeing as how some obviously like it then it's not a waste of everyone's time...). Though it was amusing, this wasn't why I came here, and I'm getting a little disappointed.
Jan 14, 2012 12:42 PM

Sep 2010
Cloudenvy said:
I think it's totally alright that some people are holding the lack of so called "main plot" against it.

Bakemono didn't have plot either. It was just a series of loosely connected characters having their different supernatural problems solved every few episodes.

Nisemono looks to be shaping up to either be more of the same or a single problem that envelopes most/all the characters.

Jan 14, 2012 12:51 PM

Dec 2010
Another awesome episode; the dialogue sequence between Araragi and Kanbaru was great seeing how Araragi completely reversed her logic, and the end sequence was hilarious, i wonder how Senjougahara would react if she saw any of it; much less the end. For some reason Nadeko gives off creepy vibes like the locking of the door and such; i wonder if she she even knows Araragi and Senjougahara are dating right now since its obvious she's obsessed with him. Well in any case the sisters both look interesting with Karen appearing to be the better of the two. Since the season is only 11 episodes does anyone have any ideas how it will split up? I'm assuming both sisters will get some sort of arc considering it seems it revolves around them but were there any other arcs in the original novel?

Anime_Name said:
Cloudenvy said:

Bakemono didn't have plot either. It was just a series of loosely connected characters having their different supernatural problems solved every few episodes.

Nisemono looks to be shaping up to either be more of the same or a single problem that envelopes most/all the characters.

This, if people were paying attention to the warnings they should have already expected the fanservice; i think there's even a thread on here about that very thing. However the fanservice didn't bother me because while it may have been a bit more like with the Kanbaru scene, Bakemonogatari did have scenes like the ones in here, people in last episode's post already showed how there where similar scenes in Bakemonogatari to the Hachikuji last episode.

Also like was said in the quote; Bakemonogatari was a compilation of fairly short arcs solving problems concerning the characters ;their was no huge collective plot; and in Bakemonogatari there were episodes like this where there was little "plot" development and a lot of dialogue, in a way this still is plot development, granted rather slow because unless I'm mistaken they are going through the events before Senjougahara kidnapped him.
InfiniteDestinyJan 14, 2012 1:04 PM
Jan 14, 2012 12:54 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Anime_Name said:

I agree with you there. My problem is that compared to Bakemonogatari this seems to be far more about sex and much less (very little?) about story. Obviously since I liked Bakemonogatari I have no problem with sexually oriented themes (I have my limits, but let's not get into an argument about every individual's arbitrary lines), but we don't seem to be getting any story here at all, which is different than what I'm expecting.
Jan 14, 2012 1:01 PM

Dec 2010
Cratex said:
Anime_Name said:

I agree with you there. My problem is that compared to Bakemonogatari this seems to be far more about sex and much less (very little?) about story. Obviously since I liked Bakemonogatari I have no problem with sexually oriented themes (I have my limits, but let's not get into an argument about every individual's arbitrary lines), but we don't seem to be getting any story here at all, which is different than what I'm expecting.

I can't say this for certain since i didn't read the novels but from the synopsis alone, the plot should be coming soon since this episode already foreshadowed that the guy Karen is after is the guy spreading around the "curse" and the same guy responsible for Nadeko last season, so while you are entitled to your preferences i suggest you have a little more patience, because almost every show has episodes like this, and many of those said shows still turn out great, some turn out crappy of course but since this is from the Monogatari series I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
Jan 14, 2012 1:10 PM

Sep 2010
Cratex said:
Anime_Name said:

But it's not more about sex. So far we have seen 2 episodes and have seen the same amount of sexual scenes per girl and have yet to get into the problem solving part of the story. Instead of putting the sexual scenes in the middle of an on-going character arc the scenes are being front-loaded before getting into the any actual story.

We haven't seen more, we're just seeing it first.

Jan 14, 2012 1:13 PM

Jan 2010
It's definitely worth the laughs, but it really doesn't feel quite like bake. I'm pretty sure there hasn't been anything truly supernatural yet (discounting Hachikuju), so maybe that's it.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jan 14, 2012 1:31 PM

Jun 2010
Poor Ararararararagi.

Jan 14, 2012 1:39 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
so while you are entitled to your preferences

:)

InfiniteDestiny said:
i suggest you have a little more patience

I didn't say I was dropping it, or that it was horrible, did I? I'm not there yet ;)
CratexJan 14, 2012 1:44 PM
Jan 14, 2012 1:42 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Anime_Name said:
But it's not more about sex. So far we have seen 2 episodes and have seen the same amount of sexual scenes per girl and have yet to get into the problem solving part of the story. Instead of putting the sexual scenes in the middle of an on-going character arc the scenes are being front-loaded before getting into the any actual story.

Well, that's one way of looking at it, but I suppose we won't really know if that's how it turns out until after we've seen the episodes to come and see if it balances out in the end.
Jan 14, 2012 2:12 PM

Oct 2010
Anime_Name said:
So are you saying that they are trying to cram in more ecchi as a means to have a better flow of the plot events as an end? Despite that the fan service was not as bad as Mayoi or Shinobu. Age wise Nadeko passes on the mark but Kanbaru is more than mature enough. She should be almost 17.

Jan 14, 2012 2:18 PM

Sep 2011
God I love this show I'm already sad that it will be over in about 2 months and who knows how long it will take Shaft to animate any of the other monogataris.
Jan 14, 2012 2:18 PM

Jan 2009
Hitagi will be mad for sure
Jan 14, 2012 2:22 PM

Feb 2011
I'm having the weirdest boner. Nah I'm just kidding...kind of.

Well wasn't this episode special? The flow was good enough to keep me dazed when the ED theme seemed to come so early.

4/5 goes for this.
Jan 14, 2012 2:25 PM

Sep 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Anime_Name said:
So are you saying that they are trying to cram in more ecchi as a means to have a better flow of the plot events as an end? Despite that the fan service was not as bad as Mayoi or Shinobu. Age wise Nadeko passes on the mark but Kanbaru is more than mature enough. She should be almost 17.

I am not saying which is better, I'm just pointing out the different way the two stories are being packaged, told, and paced. What I am say is that if you count how much ecchi was in Bakemono and Nisemono(so far) that it wouldn't be truthful to say Nisemono has more of it. Going back and watching Bakemono should fix some of these selective memory problems complainers like you are having.

I don't even know what the mark you are referring to is. If it's something you've made up in your head please keep it to yourself.

Well, that's one way of looking at it, but I suppose we won't really know if that's how it turns out until after we've seen the episodes to come and see if it balances out in the end.

That would be fair! How about that. Fairness defeats presumptions. That's a first on the internet.

Jan 14, 2012 2:27 PM
Nov 2010
Great episode, I've really liked it!
Jan 14, 2012 2:33 PM

Jul 2009
So now I know the source of a certain H-doujin involving Koyomi and Nadeko playing Twister!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 14, 2012 2:35 PM

Jun 2009
Well, this covers fanservice for all girls, except Tsubasa. I wonder if it'll tone down a lot after she's cleared next ep, it should as there was pretty much no actual Karen story up until now. But this is some quality fanservice, no panty shoots or accidential boob grabs like in generic harem, but actual well made fanservice that's enjoyable to watch even without actual story, a phenomenon.

As for ep contents, i really liked Nadeko part, but Kanbaru's proven to be as good or maybe even better. Also i like Karen already, KitaEri fits her. <3

Either way, my theory is - after Tsubasa's fanservice is cleared we get more Karen and her supernatura-mystery stuff and less fanservice (maybe not no at all, just less than up until now).
OrochiPLJan 14, 2012 2:38 PM
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 14, 2012 2:37 PM

Apr 2009
That last bit made my day.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 25, 2012

755 by decco6226 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akiyama - Jan 21, 2012

261 by decco6226 »»
Apr 21, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Mar 17, 2012

414 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 10, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2012

247 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 5, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 18, 2012

323 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 2, 2:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.