Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Sep 23, 2017 9:09 AM

Jun 2016
Nice knowing a lot more about Araragi's sisters. Hehe. Wow. Karen really is taller than Koyomi. Lmfao.

Sengoku's libido is all over the top when she's Araragi, I swear. Haha. She's got the hots for him. "You can't sit anywhere, but on the bed" Byeeee!

Waaaaah. Hisashiburi, Kanbaru! I missed you. I'm dyiing when her grandmother came down the hallway and saw her naked. I wanna see her grandmother's reaction goddamnit, show!

Kanbaru's body, though. Damn! And Araragi wants to take the responsibility and marry her; it's not like you guys had sex and Kanbaru is overly lesbian for Hitagi, remember? Pffffffft! Hahahahaha.

Kanbaru's room always amaze me. That pile of books, maaan. And I'm a lost here. Was Araragi trying to tell Kanbaru that she's not lesbian at all and in fact straight because he won't stop saying "handsome guys" and Kanbaru got angry? But why would you sexually harassed him? Hahahahaha. I'm so lost. *dies from laughing so hard*

Koyomo transformed into Mayoi for a sec there. Hahahahahahaha!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 29, 2017 10:34 PM
Jul 2017
Kanbaru's got a real nice ass!
Dec 29, 2017 1:20 AM

Dec 2016
Sengoku is just so adorable and innocent man, but Araragi, don't lewd the LOLI MY DUDE! BAD THINGS HAPPEN WHEN YOU LEWD THE LOLI... even though you basically molest Mayori every time you see her hmmmmmm?

Also Kanbaru is growing her hair out, I kind of liked the short hair, but I can see the longer hair possibly growing on me, pun not intended, as the series goes on

Also Araragi getting, for lack of a better word((even tho i used it earlier)), molested and then his head looking like Mayori's for a few seconds then the "kya kya kya" that was fucking hilarious
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 27, 2018 11:24 PM

Jun 2016
This was such a perfect episode. I saw people complain about how there is no main plot so far, but I couldn't care less. This was hillarious. I could watch these characters all day.
Apr 2, 2018 12:32 PM
Jun 2013
So when does story start
Aug 29, 2018 4:39 PM

May 2018
Another great episode ... I loved the final scene, poor Araragi-senpai ...

The fanservice of this season has increased a lot compared to Bakemonogatari, but the quality has not dropped (for now).

5/5
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Apr 27, 2019 8:56 AM
Apr 2016
Finally a sister-related arc, been waiting for this one. Poor Kanbaru at the end, haha.
May 2, 2019 3:56 AM
Jul 2018
Moral: Never start a conversation with sexual harassment
May 13, 2019 7:31 AM

Dec 2018
Nadeko is not even questioning of why did Araragi come to her home by himself. Well, Araragi maybe not realized it yet.

Ousama game mentioned. 0.o you better don't play that game haha.

Maybe this is the first time a guy raped by a girl.
Kish0May 14, 2019 3:36 AM
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 6, 2019 9:54 PM

Sep 2017
This show is 100% ecchi trash and I love it. It's good ecchi trash, like Shokugeki no Souma's first season. I still have no clue what the fuck is going on even after watching Bakemonogatari and Kizumonogatari, but I think I am enjoying it. How Arararagi can't tell Sengoku wants to bone him is beyond science. I didn't know people this daft existed. His sisters are really interesting. I can't wait for the
Kanbaru is just as great as she always is. Araragi sending her into "disarray" was pretty funny.
Jul 23, 2019 5:15 PM

Nov 2017

How I'm saying bye to people from now on
Jul 23, 2019 5:18 PM
Apr 2016
Starchaser said:

How I'm saying bye to people from now on

Now that you reminded me of it, that's how I'm gonna say goodbye to people too, hahah
Jul 29, 2019 6:24 PM
May 2019
using underage characters for sexual imageries... eheheeh
never stops in monogatari series :DDDDDDDDDDD
(YLSOUIRES EREHW SI IBF?!?!)))))))?!!!!!
Nov 13, 2019 3:16 PM

Dec 2018
Nice body Kanbaru!
Araragi got a taste of his own medicine ahahahahaha
:I
Dec 5, 2019 7:22 PM

Feb 2017
"Any time one isn't familiar with something, it all looks the same. Knowledge and education are required to properly judge things." This is why I don't drop shows. Not even this franchise.
Feb 7, 2020 7:26 AM

May 2014
A ep. with many great moments. Seeing Sengoku changing her hair looks nice. I bet she did it for her crush. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Her ecchi games are at the top. Poor her to get caught, or she may had caught the fish herself. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
And can you call those sticks something else, like....

Nice introduction of Karen. She is an energetic type. A really funny and sporty girl. That Terminator's reference made me LMAO

Last, but not at least seeing Kanbaru butt naked was the best moment so far. And she looks damn good when looking at Araragi. She may not be gifted with the pairs, but she got a nice butt!
The last moment was hilarious. Poor Araragi.
Next ep. gonna be interesting with that in mind.
Feb 7, 2020 7:30 AM

May 2014
OrochiPL said:
Well, this covers fanservice for all girls, except Tsubasa. I wonder if it'll tone down a lot after she's cleared next ep, it should as there was pretty much no actual Karen story up until now. .

Very much fanservice of Tsubasa and Senjougahara was shown in bakemonogatari. In Kuro very much fanservice of Tsubasa was shown, where imo, this one is the best.
Feb 7, 2020 7:32 AM

May 2014
eski514 said:
"Any time one isn't familiar with something, it all looks the same. Knowledge and education are required to properly judge things." This is why I don't drop shows. Not even this franchise.

I agree with you on this series. But it really differs. Even a homeless guy would drop Boruto as it has been in almost all of the 140+ ep. that has aired. Only airheads like me continue to watch it. ^^
Apr 19, 2020 7:46 AM

Dec 2019
Bruh, Kanbaru is sexy af ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Araragi harem is real
                                                         🖤   

Jun 5, 2020 3:51 AM

Aug 2017
Sorry but the fanservice is over the place and the Kanbaru part is just filler. And if you ask me, the comedy was not funny.

But I liked Karen introduction, she's crazy lol.

NurguburuJun 5, 2020 3:57 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 14, 2020 10:35 PM
Mar 2018
araragi is getting bent over and pegged by a lesbian

FFFFFFFF
Aug 14, 2020 11:28 PM
Mar 2018
Yumekichi11 said:
Hmmmmm, some Kanbaru fan service? Well she is hot at least. I also remind some people in the spoiler
this is from last episode. Apparently we might be getting censored trolled with this version. I have not been able to confirm of this version but granted it really look uncensored, I assume all the shit in this one may also?

Regardless another fun episode. May edit this later.

BTW Image Stitches done in the spoiler
Nadeko looks nice there.

GIFs were done and posted in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=389255
Mainly some good stuff of the sisters and Kanbaru fan service.

also i know this fucking quote was from 2012, but is this real? no way they would show a loli underwear but goddamn, it looks real af
Aug 17, 2020 11:45 AM

Apr 2019
Quite a bit of fan service in this episode, especially with Kanbaru lol. The new OP is actually pretty good, the visuals are really cool too.

I'm now very curious as to what's in Sengoku's closet, I'm hoping it'll be revealed later in the season.

Aye Kanbaru makes her first appearance this season and is naked lol. She looks pretty good with longer hair. I like how there's just a conveyor belt in her house, along with all of the BL books in her house. Well I think Kanbaru was able to prove her "innocence" lol and hopefully Araragi has learned his lesson now. also his face turning into Hachikuji's was pretty funny.
arcticmontysAug 17, 2020 11:53 AM
Sep 10, 2020 5:55 AM

Jun 2020
What a very funny episode=]

Araragi was being rape lol.

I actually enjoyed it a very good episode, I also like how Nadeko is trying to seduce Araragi making her so cute hits my heart so hard^^
Feb 7, 2021 6:19 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode, Nadeko looks great, she really wants that Araragi D lmao. She's still very adorable though.

Araragi turning into Mayoi at the end there lmao, you finally know what it feels like Araragi-kun. Always liked it when characters appearances changes throughout the show, Suruga looks great with the longer hair.

Karen is cool indeed though lmao, "Hasta la vista".
Feb 24, 2021 8:20 AM
Dec 2019
KYA KYA KYA KYA KYA KYA
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Mar 5, 2021 8:00 PM

Jul 2019
This Fanservice is starting to get gross.

Looks like this is gonna be another good series ruined cause people would rather see cartoon boobs over a good story
Mar 23, 2021 4:17 PM

Feb 2020
What did I just witness. Why was half the episode about Nadeko being lewd, and why was the other half about Kanbaru sexually harassing Araragi ? I think I kinda lost respect in those two. I hope the others won't do that.
Well, at least Karen seems to be a pretty good character for now, I like her. She's fun. Though I'm really, really afraid of the toothbrush scene. I've already seen it once and... AND WHY.
I already heard that Nisemonogatari was the most questionable part of the Monogatari series and I can unfortunately see why. But Shinobu being listed as one of the main characters intrigues me, I really liked her in Kizu so I'm looking forward to more of her appearances.
Apr 19, 2021 1:54 AM
Jun 2020
HotPocketChris said:
araragi is getting bent over and pegged by a lesbian

FFFFFFFF

I went into this episode discussion to confirm if that is indeed what was going on.... the monogatari series has a couple of its cours in the top anime all time list so I suppose I’ll go through this fan service bs to eventually get to that point where the show is actually great but it’s just fine for now, great soundtrack at least
May 12, 2021 12:06 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Oh man the shot composition, just the overall style, I forgot how unique this series was with its visuals. And a lot of effort went into writing the dialogue as well, although I’m sure I’d actually enjoy it a lot more if I understood the language. A lot of these jokes are probably really hard to translate to be able to be conveyed in English.

Man every chick in this anime is too rare waifu material, and then there’s senjougahara who alone is on another level. While they definitely make it a fun watch, I can’t help but feel exhausted after each episode. It’s just, a lot, and the series of seemingly random events doesn’t exactly prod you on to watch the next episode. But that’s just me. If for you it’s different and you just want to keep watching, that’s great. But for me it’s really not at all binge worthy.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 31, 2021 9:46 AM
Mar 2021
Tons of sus moments in this one
Aug 23, 2021 5:49 AM
May 2020
getting hit with those dynamic relationships with araragi and his female associates. kanbaru open a whole dark world for araragi right at the end lol
Jan 24, 2022 10:28 AM

Jan 2017

Phew,
It's winters here and I'm feeling kinda hot, looks like I forgot to lower the room temperature!
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Apr 26, 2022 12:50 AM

Jan 2015
Araragi's way of talking is always so entertaining. "Sorry to interrupt your emotional trauma," was funny, hahaha.
Karen's a lot of fun, the bit with her in the silly pose saying cool things, definitely felt like something Araragi would be amused by, haha.
Kanbaru BOOTY. Ending is great, very memorable joke of Araragi finally getting what's coming to him for all of his actions with Hachikuji.
Jul 7, 2022 9:53 PM
Oct 2020
After Kizu and the somewhat different first ep of Nise with Senjougahara chaining up Araragi in the cram school, this feels like more familiar Bakemonogatari territory. I like the ska-infused OP with all of the colorful Karen Bee imagery. Koyomi's visit to the Sengoku residence has the same kind of random dialog and activities that don't seem to go anywhere, but actually end up sprinkling in little bits of the story. Back to the fire sisters and snake curses. Despite the obvious temptation, Araragi seems to maintain his chivalrous conduct, despite the cowlick indicator. Maybe Nadeko's mother arrived just in time.

By contrast the encounter with Suruga is far from virtuous. As usual she is surrounded by books but here entirely lacking in clothing. When it's revealed that many of these books are BL, which I suppose also means yaoi, there's sort of a pervert one-upmanship battle going on between the two. But I call Suruga the winner, since she turns the tables and strips Koyomi down. It's kinda up to the viewers' imagination what she actually does to him. To quote Han Solo: "I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit."
Aug 12, 2022 6:11 AM

Sep 2021
Aug 26, 2022 2:42 PM
Mar 2017
Chaotic and great:)
Sep 27, 2022 2:55 PM

May 2021
Sengoku was really going for it, huh? What a courageous girl. Some nice Kanbaru fanservice as well.

Mar 10, 2023 8:41 PM
Oct 2021
I'mma have to agree with mike I think the one character sucks and she reminds me of the stupid from mid gate where she gets hit by the stupid truck thing
Jul 14, 2023 2:00 AM

Oct 2021
The amount of SA in this episode was... huge!! Araragi getting what comes around. so this season i going to be about sisters "Karen and Tsukihi". i am very interested to see where this is going.
Jul 17, 2023 6:58 AM
Jul 2018
Araragi learning his own lesson lol
Jul 23, 2023 12:35 AM
Oct 2022
WHY DID SHE MOLEST HIMMMMMM
Aug 25, 2023 11:53 AM

Aug 2018
Absolutely unhinged Kino.

I'll say it again because people don't want to believe me but the Monogatari series is about "The desire to fuck school girls", not even "highschool girls" but school girls. Elementary school, Middle school everythig goes. And also not even about "fucking school girls" but the "desire" to fuck school girls, the eroticism of the sheer concept of teenage girls's sexuality. I mean Otaku culture as a whole partly revolves around the idea of wanting to have sex with schoolgirls, dedicated terms exists just for the concept. The waifu culture of today exists because of the desire of some men wanting to have sex with Asuka Soryu and Rei Ayanami who are highschool girls.
There are dozens of ecchi shows and fanservice shows but none even grasp the amount of effort put in each and every shot of the girls in Monogatari, each and every frames were perfectly crafted to be the most erotic depiction of teenage girls that has ever been put onto screen and even if you think it's raunchy and disgusting, you have to respect the dedication of Shaft towards this show.  
Dec 9, 2023 2:43 PM

Nov 2023
Why is everyone's hairs so short now
Jan 3, 12:14 PM

Apr 2021
It was good to know about his sisters, the older sister appears to be younger than Araragi. she is good at fighting.

so this is how Sengoku dresses for Araragi. Suddenly she starts to feel sensual... I found her strange, Araragi holding back., So these are the clothes that her mother wouldn't let her wear when visiting, but she wore them on purpose.

funny when Kanbaru grandma saw her. What position is this to receive visitors, he was taken by surprise.
Jan 24, 3:42 AM
Mar 2023
estuvo bueno porque finalmente viol*aron al araragi
Feb 5, 7:37 PM

Dec 2022
I'm gonna miss certain people's long hair in the future cause it looks like girls are starting to cut their hair short.

Arararagi finally getting what he deserved by molesting Hachikuji every time they meet LOL.

Feb 24, 7:24 PM

Jul 2016
And here comes Kanbaru to save another Monogatari entry from a very boring start... just like she did back in Bake with her own character arc. Man, I love that rapey lesbo so much.

Kanbaru's ass/5 episode.
Mar 15, 5:11 PM
Mar 2022
Completely breaks any anime trope and considerably improves it
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Mar 17, 2012

414 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 10, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2012

247 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 5, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 25, 2012

754 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 3, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 18, 2012

323 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 2, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 11, 2012

221 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 1, 7:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.