Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2012 6:41 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
well....that butt naked OP lol
episode was 5/5 8.5/10
animation was bit stopped motion at the battle scene...
Jan 13, 2012 7:18 AM
Apr 2007
Now to wait for somebody to sub this epic masterpiece ^.^
I loved the cliffhanger at the end of ep1.

I'm defiantly gonna make a demotivational poster of that last scene, it just screams make one, lol.
Jan 13, 2012 10:48 AM

Oct 2010
Well I am damn impressed with Hibiki's new form in the following,

And one part of it in the spoiler
it looks most astonishing.

About the OP, the OP uses quite nice naked parts in the spoiler (NSFW)
what people should not fail to notice on the positive side of things is it’s ecchi of the 90s. I just remembered how it was back in the 90s with anime. Well it was like that. One has to think why now they are getting vexed with ecchi? Well it’s because it’s not like that and more provocative with nipples IMO. Stuff like this should be more adapted to be less provocative than DxD as an example. Just noticed Hibiki has bigger size than Tsubasa, strangely I though it would not be like that. Oh well. Perhaps ass shots like in the spoiler
a la Strike Witches are another story but no, it’s not as bad as in Strike Witches I would say. Another thing the following,

anyone Excalibur? Holy Shit! It could be? I will leave it at the OP introduces more new characters such as in the spoiler

to say they are far more other Symphogears and shows that Hibiki looks more powerful than Kanade but less experienced. I loved Hibiki's form in the spoiler
for it was nicely represented in the OP.I miss the 90s type ecchi, this show delivers it so far. No details pure nakedness so to speak but unless you pass trough 90s anime that is ecchi you might not know. May edit later.
Yumekichi11Jan 13, 2012 12:05 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 13, 2012 11:06 AM

Nov 2008
Hibiki's Symphogear is awesome, love her klutzy style of fighting as well and made for good teamwork with Tsubasa.

Jan 13, 2012 12:16 PM

Jul 2010
The singing during the battle is the best part, lol. Eager to see what happens next time.
Jan 13, 2012 1:18 PM

Apr 2010
dat cliffhanger
Jan 13, 2012 2:18 PM

Jun 2011
Holy shit i want that sword
Jan 13, 2012 2:20 PM

Jun 2009
Was a great episode. Cant wait for next week. 5/5

Does anyone have information about the song that played while Tsubasa was in the shower or rather the release date of the soundtrack? A PN would be nice. =)
Jan 13, 2012 2:34 PM
Sep 2011
I found this episode more enjoyable than the first one as it was devoid of blatant plot holes this time around. It's interesting to see how the mother of the rescued child was asked for discretion about the incident. I assume the government tries to conceal minor incidents of this kind most likely to prevent even more panic among the citizens since the massacre in the last episode has probably already caused enough trouble for them.

I have a feeling that Hibiki will have to deal with noise creatures threatening her loved ones soon...
Jan 13, 2012 2:37 PM

Jul 2011
Quickly found the singing during the fighting to be annoying... Storyline is okay, though a little rushed.

Nice cliffhanger.
Jan 13, 2012 2:40 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,i liked both the OP and ED and like Yume said the Ecchiness and the style in general brings the 90s to my mind,soooo good decade it was.....i feel old. : /

Hibiki its winning points for me she is sooo cute and her symphogear really suits her,i really lol at the welcome party Genjorou and Ryoko are pretty funny.

Tsubasa not accepting Hibiki predictable,still kinda surprise she wants to fight her,maybe to see if its a strong as Kanade.

Lets see how it goes next episode
Jan 13, 2012 3:04 PM

Aug 2007
Very nice to see that Kanade isn't like 'HAHAHA you are my BFF reincarnated so we will be friends'. I had to lol with the phrase of 'Sorry for being in the way, but I will fight!' At least, good gawsh, ask for TRAINING. I see lots of standard 'Oh my GAH SHE IS ACTUALLY AN SUPAAAAH OVER 9000 USER, better than I am' coming. Or Hibiki will have her training from either Kanade or the team, Spartan style. I hope the last one. One should not easily get used to superpowers.

Also, kudos to the details about 'Please sign this to keep this silent' and how they actually take care of the victims afterwards.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jan 13, 2012 3:07 PM

Dec 2011
I thought this was a lot weaker and less interesting than the first one - they had some space to take it somewhere unexpected, but they opted for the road well-traveled. The comedy bits really hurt the pacing, and the singing somehow went from perfect battle amplifier to an annoying guessing game (is she singing now? how about now? and now?). Ah, disappoint. 2/5. If it doesn't pick up with the next one, drop it is.
Jan 13, 2012 3:13 PM

Oct 2010
Dropped

Last week they made it seem like Hibiki would go crazy and beserk. I cant put up with that annoying dumb bitch.

I hope Tsubasa kills Hibiki and Tsubasa should be the main. Oh well
Jan 13, 2012 3:21 PM
Jan 2009
I like the first episode better, but this had some nice exposition.

Jan 13, 2012 3:50 PM

Oct 2010
raxius1230 said:
Tsubasa not accepting Hibiki predictable,still kinda surprise she wants to fight her,maybe to see if its a strong as Kanade.

Err... no. She blames her for her death obviously, which is totally fine. She was standing like a dumb idiot in previous episode when everyone else... or at least those who survived, escaped. Tsubasa should just kill her ''happy go'' face right there.

Well, we have pretty much a usual set up, as everyone expected. A newbie will join an organization whose members, aside from having no charisma, can't do shit except to spread warning when the Noise is wracking havoc. Oh, and they seem to be resistant to crashing buildings too. The funny scenes that were involving Hibiki were so annoying that I had to roll my eyes, number of times. Tsubasa still mourns for Kanade, which is understandable. The action was nice and moves are definitely an eye candy for me. Loved the music as well.

This anime would have been awesome for me if Kanade was alive...
Jan 13, 2012 3:56 PM

Nov 2008
Crimson_Cloud said:

I wasn't expecting Kanade to die on the first episode, I was thinking that Miku and Hibiki would end up in danger by noise and get their own Symphogears out of nowhere or by a mascot or other mysterious person or being.

Jan 13, 2012 4:14 PM

Apr 2008
Crimson_Cloud said:

Oh yes. My fav char died in first ep.
For me the show is something like Neon Genesis Madoka Magica, but still entertaining.
Oh, and the ED has these wonderful graphics of decaying bodies. Sweet.
...::never knows best::...
Jan 13, 2012 5:27 PM

Jun 2011
Dropped.

Thought that little girl would go beserk or something, but this.. lol.
The joke's on you wolf, the pigs are cannibals..~
Jan 13, 2012 5:28 PM

May 2011
Damn this anime is awesome and add the fact it was voiced by top seiyuus + awesome music = more money for the industries!
Jan 13, 2012 5:30 PM

Jan 2012
tygrysica said:

Oh yes. My fav char died in first ep.
For me the show is something like Neon Genesis Madoka Magica, but still entertaining.
Oh, and the ED has these wonderful graphics of decaying bodies. Sweet.

The greatest character died on episode one. You are right, it is so true.
Jan 13, 2012 5:44 PM

Oct 2011
Dropped!

She didn't go berserk after that rape face at the end of episode 1.
Hibiki's singing is really bad her attitude is annoying childish, Tsubasa's emo is annoying.Ed song is creepy, i mean the video.

*sigh* disappointing...
CrossboneX19Jan 13, 2012 5:57 PM
Jan 13, 2012 6:03 PM

Dec 2011
Disappointing!
That berserk smile had completely no reason to be there at the end of episode 1. The MC is annoying, the look, the attitude, and Tsubasa is better but has her flaws as well, its been 2 years since Kanade's death, she has no point for being mad at Hibiki, they're in a dangerous position, they fight the noise, death can happen in any battle, blaming Hibiki for Kanade's death is immature.
Jan 13, 2012 6:10 PM

Sep 2010
what people should not fail to notice on the positive side of things is it’s ecchi of the 90s.

That's not ecchi of the 90s.
In the OP the nudity is symbology, most likely to hint at the openness, honesty, and connection between the two characters.
This kneejerk reaction over the slightest bit of nudity is getting tiresome. Some people should take a art history class for a little enlightenment so that they can stop jumping to the most depraved conclusions.

Jan 13, 2012 6:30 PM

Mar 2011
Good episode
I love the opening sequence
hibiki's costume suits her very well
they answered almost all my question .. except for one...why noise exist
and I can't wait to see the other char

ohh and about "ecchi part" it's one of the "clean ecchi" I've seen :p
overall I love this episode

Sorry for others this is not madoka or whatsoever

Jan 13, 2012 6:33 PM
Apr 2011
I don't like the MC.
Jan 13, 2012 6:36 PM

Nov 2010
Anime_Name said:
what people should not fail to notice on the positive side of things is it’s ecchi of the 90s.

In the OP the nudity is symbology, most likely to hint at the openness, honesty, and connection between the two characters.
This kneejerk reaction over the slightest bit of nudity is getting tiresome. Some people should take a art history class for a little enlightenment so that they can stop jumping to the most depraved conclusions.

you know how everybody thinks... oh they showed a boob it must be ecchi :D
omg they hinted they had sex OMFG it's allmost hentai!!!

and on the episode it was good exactly what i was expecting. it's no masterpiece but it will keep me entertained (i hope)
Jan 13, 2012 6:37 PM

Aug 2010
Better than Madoka.
Jan 13, 2012 6:37 PM

Apr 2011
bonifide said:
Dropped

Last week they made it seem like Hibiki would go crazy and beserk. I cant put up with that annoying dumb bitch.

haha I was a bit upset also, the scary face looked like she was going to go on a rampage. ;-;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2012 6:43 PM

Oct 2010
Anime_Name said:

Yeah but the style is from the 90s style. The art stuff you mention would be good for the ED. That is what the ED shows, the art history and I did no kneejerk action, just reminding that the nudity is really of the 90s anime, I know I saw loads and that is how they did them. Take Maze for example

Jan 13, 2012 7:09 PM

Feb 2008
Too much people dropping this!
Even thought Hibiki seem to Rampage or something like that, the anime seem to be good too.
There is a Yuri part too.
Miku seem to be in love with Hibiki thought.

What more that surprised that Tsubasa accepted Hibiki.
I thought she would hate her.

They actually claimed some famous voice actors into this anime.

Nana Mizuki aka Tsubasa <3 ^_^

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 13, 2012 7:17 PM

Sep 2010
Not including nipples on breasts is not an ecchi style from the 90s, the term you are looking for is silhouette. Silhouettes have been used to conceal nudity for years in and outside of anime.

Jan 13, 2012 7:21 PM
Oct 2011
Hoppy said:
Crimson_Cloud said:

I wasn't expecting Kanade to die on the first episode, I was thinking that Miku and Hibiki would end up in danger by noise and get their own Symphogears out of nowhere or by a mascot or other mysterious person or being.

Would have been a much better show...

bonifide said:
Dropped

Yup. I thought that might happen too. I really can't even tell what the heck they were thinking when they thought this was a good tradeoff between Kanade and Hibiki.

Yumekichi11 said:

That impressed really? Did you miss Kanade in that same armor? Kanade and Tsubasa's forms destroyed that and their character designs (hair colors, eyes, overall look) complemented their armor unlike her character design that looks like it's from some totally different show.

Blackbird said:
Too much people dropping this!

They actually claimed some famous voice actors into this anime.

Nana Mizuki aka Tsubasa <3 ^_^

What about all of us who came for Kanade and/or her equally famous VA and not awful Hibiki? Thanks a lot... sorry in advance I've seen that come up too many times and got a little peeved, it's likely the stupid reason why they thought they could get away with the farce of killing her in ep 1 despite promoting them both as leads.
DangerMouseDMJan 13, 2012 8:31 PM
Jan 13, 2012 7:34 PM
Dec 2010
If a few fragments of the relic can give Hibiki so much power so as to generate an entire suit, why don't they just break up Tsubasa's relic and hunt for more atunned people?

And the noise are still not explained.
Jan 13, 2012 7:38 PM

Aug 2010
I'm liking this show already. Looking forward to this face off next episode.
Jan 13, 2012 8:04 PM

Aug 2011
I like the show but not too sure im gonna like Hibiki so much. Kanade was my fav nd tsubasa seems cool
Jan 13, 2012 8:08 PM

Jun 2011
I really wanted Tachibana to have gone berserk, after seeing the cliffhanger of the first ep. But this...disappointed. :S The constant flashy naming of their moves is annoying as well...are they trying to make this like Scott Pilgrim or something? :S However, I did find their explanation of the singing satisfactory :D But it would really help if they get better songs DX

4/5

Seems like another mediocre series~

Oh yeah, I really dislike the design for everything, minus Tsubasa's suit.
Jan 13, 2012 8:17 PM

Dec 2011
Thought as much. Kanade would refuse to team up with her, but a challenge to a fight, splendor.
Jan 13, 2012 8:26 PM

Apr 2010
Jan 13, 2012 8:29 PM

Jan 2011
Been already 2 years, and Tsubasa's acting all cold and emo towards Hibiki. What the hell... I really like Tsubasa but can't stand her attitude right now. xD Shame Kanade, the best character, had died in the first episode >.>
Jan 13, 2012 9:00 PM
Nov 2010
I was devastated when they killed off Kanade so quickly, but the lack of action after that cliffhanger disappoints me so much. Loving the music, but hate how annoying Hibiki is. She's gotta learn to read the mood. I love Tsubasa as a character, but I hope she is killed off in the next few episodes so I can drop this anime and wait for the OST.
Jan 13, 2012 9:05 PM

Oct 2011
beter than the first~ first was still good,does anyone know why miku was crying in the grave yard in the first episode(im a bit confused .but i think i know why)
Jan 13, 2012 10:13 PM
Apr 2011
YURI FTW
Jan 13, 2012 10:29 PM

Apr 2011
So much dropping upon this episode. And I actually kinda expected it.

And yeah, the amount of yuri undertones in this series is overly overwhelming. LOL
Jan 13, 2012 10:51 PM

Feb 2009
I like the music.
That's all there is.
Jan 13, 2012 10:53 PM

Oct 2010
Going to add that OP is the best OP for me. It got me extremely emotional and T_T in anime rare are OPs who do that to me. Yeah I listened to full version over 5 times. The song gives out full of hope and fight. It's nice and cheers up. The voice is amazing of the [person singing it.
DangerMouseDM said:
Yumekichi11 said:

That impressed really? Did you miss Kanade in that same armour? Kanade and Tsubasa's forms destroyed that and their character designs (hair colours, eyes, overall look) complemented their armour unlike her character design that looks like it's from some totally different show.
Perhaps but Kanade is dead. She is gone man! Forget about her. There is nothing to do to make her comeback other than being reminded in the OP. I doubt they will pull the Deus stuff to revive her. So I fully accept Hibiki's form. She will learn to fight like in the OP and she looks more fresh and free moving than Kanade's suit. It looks like that to me. Hibiki will surpass Kanade, I am sure.

Jan 13, 2012 11:09 PM
Oct 2010
I also was expecting some berserk action... Being honest, Hibiki's personality is boring, she could use a second one.

About Kanade, I'm sure she's dead for good, but that doesn't mean her relevance is over, she is supposed a main character after all, not just support.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 13, 2012 11:18 PM

Aug 2010
I'm loling for people dropping this cause she didn't go berserk. This show once again is surprisingly interesting to me. First ep was loads better but I'll keep my eye on this show.
Jan 13, 2012 11:43 PM

Jun 2011
I really liked the OP. I have to admit I was expecting her to go berserk or something but because she didn't I'm not gonna drop the series like some which I think is rather funny. I can't wait for the next episode to air.
Jan 14, 2012 12:19 AM

Sep 2008
KiraboShikari said:
Better than Madoka.

Are you kidding me? -_-
entauri.deviantart.com

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cirris - Mar 30, 2012

151 by TheLyingSpectre »»
Mar 13, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 9, 2012

58 by IssunWriter993 »»
Feb 4, 10:16 PM

» New movie announced

Piromysl - Dec 1, 2023

3 by KanameYuuki »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jan 6, 2012

265 by rsc-pl »»
Nov 22, 2023 1:11 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Feb 10, 2012

64 by WaffleMaster89 »»
Oct 20, 2023 6:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.