Forum Settings
Forums
New
What is your favorite series of Winter 2011/12?
Jan 11, 2012 7:43 PM

Dec 2008

~If any have been missed or need correcting, let gINGEr know please!

Link to What's NOT hot~
Link Back to Main Page

Discuss the series you are following below:
gINGErJan 21, 2012 8:53 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 11, 2012 11:57 PM

May 2010
I'm already watching 9 of these, and planning to watch 2 more. So far, everything looks promising in some way, although the Papa anime is terribly predictable.
Amagami SS+ is my favorite for the moment, but of course this might change with episodes to come.
Jan 14, 2012 1:56 PM

Dec 2008
So far I've only had the chance to preview Another, Nisemonogatari, Kill Me Baby, and Rinne no Lagrange. I really enjoyed the first three, but found Rinne to be kinda generic and boring. Is anybody enjoying this show? Should I give it another chance? idk it's prob just not my taste... but... I really like the opening. lols
Jan 14, 2012 4:15 PM

May 2010
Rinne no Langrange didn't seem appealing to me so I didn't even try it.
Jan 16, 2012 11:48 PM

Dec 2008
I've watched Thermae Romae, Mourtestu Pirates, and Ano natsu de matteru I'm not sure I will continue with those two, but I love Thermae Romae. It's a shame it is going to be so short. :(((
Jan 16, 2012 11:49 PM

Dec 2008
and I just noticed I put two slots for Another. I'm not sure how that happened. I really hope it's not a new bug! the bad thing is I can't take it completely off of the poll.
Jan 19, 2012 11:20 AM

Dec 2008
I watched Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou. I liked the first two eps. Now I'm just waiting on Gokujou. and I'll be done with all my previewing this season. Though about High School DxD, but I'll wait and see what people say about it.
Jan 19, 2012 12:42 PM

Oct 2011
is the topic open? :> if not than simply remove my coment
so I have 4 great series this season :)
1. Ano natsu de matteru - as of now best of Winter, it has this good feel about it plus great characters
2. Milky Holmes 2 - mindrape at it's finest :3
3. Rinne no Langrange - has potential, unless it stays in that funny climate it has now
4. Mouretsu Pirates - sort of space opera made by guy who made Stellvia (who is making also Rinne btw)

and rest - order from best to weakest
- Thermae Romae and Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki - good comedies especially Poyopoyo, I love him
- Senhime Zesshou Symphogear - plotholes of size of galaxy but it's funny for now
- Kill Me Baby - I like it for ninja girl and her schemes :D
- Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou - like 50% are good jokes but rest... I can't say I like it
- Nisemonogatari - is it me or there is more fanservice here?! like ok there is a lot but is it about the novel or some new tendency in Shaft - because if second one, I'm affraid about next Hidamari Sketch
Jan 19, 2012 1:21 PM

Dec 2008
yep it's open for comment - and the polls will open this weekend sometime- i haven't decided when yet lol

Poyopoyo, hmm. Still thinking about starting this one, but I haven't so far.
And, Nisemonogatari def seems stepped up a notch compared to Bake. I like it though. I haven't read the novels btw. I'm more of a watcher than reader.
Jan 19, 2012 1:45 PM

Oct 2011
gINGEr said:
yep it's open for comment - and the polls will open this weekend sometime- i haven't decided when yet lol

Poyopoyo, hmm. Still thinking about starting this one, but I haven't so far.
And, Nisemonogatari def seems stepped up a notch compared to Bake. I like it though. I haven't read the novels btw. I'm more of a watcher than reader.

Poyopoyo is nice for having only 3 minutes episodes (ok I wished it was longer but this is how it is) and finally realistical picture of spherical cat (or just cat)
With Nise I will probably wait till it finishes and than do it in one row, somehow I like Shaft things more in that way (except Sketch)

ann and one to wait Smile Precure I forgot about it :)
Jan 19, 2012 2:03 PM

Dec 2008
I really won't lose anything just trying out a 3 min show. So I'll go ahead and see if I like it. thx :D
Jan 21, 2012 10:43 AM

Mar 2010
Only anime I'm watching for these current season is Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki its a funny show.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 22, 2012 2:32 AM

May 2010
I really can't pick a favorite yet, like 5 of them are still about equally good in my opinion.
Oooh man, gotta wait till February before Black Rock Shooter begins.
Jan 23, 2012 11:11 AM

Dec 2008
I like Thermae Romae best so far, but I haven't kept up with everything I've started. IDK ~ it will prob take a long time for me to decide too. I like Daily Lives of HS boys and Another a lot also.
Jan 23, 2012 12:02 PM

Dec 2010
Nisemonogatari
Jan 23, 2012 1:34 PM

May 2010
2desudesu said:
Nisemonogatari

I like it, but so far it hasn't managed to impress me that much. But I'm sure it will get better :D
Jan 28, 2012 3:54 PM

Oct 2011
Little update on my list:
First, still... Ano natsu de matteru
and it gets better and better with each episode, plus this nostalgia feeling about it - it makes it simillar to Ah! My Goddess

Second, now... Mouretsu Pirates
lots of people are complaining that it's boring, nothing is happening and they only talk - and that's why I like this series

Poyopoyo is still brilliant!
And Senhime Zesshou Symphogear... it's charming :D it's still full of plotholes, silly looking monsters (probably Smile Precure will have them more intimidating that this), weird characters - but it has something that gives fun from watching and lots of laugh
Jan 29, 2012 3:05 PM

Jun 2011
well im watching 14 so i cant really say untill the stories progress any further

Jan 29, 2012 9:34 PM

Oct 2010
Sadly Im totally into Lolis right now...
Jan 30, 2012 3:59 AM

Jul 2009
Inu x Boku SS & brave 10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2012 1:33 PM

Jun 2011
I'm watching the following and shall give a brief over view of what I thought. My highest ratings are 9, because I dislike the number 10, lol.

Ano natsu de Matteru: Cute, interesting idea and funny. Remon is a great character and the style reminds me of Toki wa kakeru shoujo for some reason - 8 stars

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou: Funny, the humor is quite different from some usual humor, and not everyone will like nor understand it. Or if they understand it they may still not find of funny. A bit of an aquired taste - 8.5 stars from me, probably 7-6 from other people depending on what they'll find funny. A bit of a Gintama love child with many of the same Seiyuu's

Recorder and Randoseru: Short, funny and a silly little idea - 7 stars

Inu Boku Secret Service: I'm really liking this one. There doesn't seem to be a plot per say (I haven't read the manga) so it's sort of just character development, comedy and a bit of drama - 9 stars

High School DXD: Ecchi, humor, action and supernatural. Surprisingly even though the ecchi is strong (you get to see full breasts, only thing you can't see clearly is below the waist from the front) but it actually bugs me less then teasing ecchi. The story is interesting, and I actually really like the main character. He's a usual lech at the beginning but changes very quickly only a few eps in. It's got a cliche idea, but it's done in a refreshing new way - 9 stars

Kill me baby!: 2 words, the Ninja girl. This show isn't laugh your ass off funny, but it is quite hilarious in it's own right. The OP is horrible and grating, but the ED is so awesome that it totally makes up for it. The show is random and almost completely episodic, but a lot of fun to watch. - 8.5 stars

Mouretsu Pirates: Surprisingly, even though Rinne No Lagrange (which looked boring and didn't appeal to me at all) is apparently done by the same outfit, I'm really enjoying Mouretsu Pirates. I love the idea, I like that the characters thought patterns are explained so far, and even though there is a lot of technical talk, I personally like it. It makes it more real to follow, even if I don't understand. I'd like to see the main character mess up a few times since so far she's mostly being praised. The OP is alright, but I love the ED. Irish music and outerspace FTW. - 9 stars

Poyopoyo kansatsu nikki: So cute and funny. I love the take on Poyo being a round cat. The show essentially makes fun of it's own "round" chibi drawing style and sniggers at jokes that have to do with "What if this style existed in real life?" A rather hilarious and pretty ingenious concept to me. Plus it's super short, but I wish it were longer. - 9 stars

Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!: The similarities of drawing style being EXACTLY like School Days at first totally through me off, coupled with the ecchi given the story line, to say the least I was not impressed and even a little ... preturbed at what might happen. However, the styles are the same (THE EYES, my god, I still can't help but think of School Days when I see the eyes. Thankfully the main char is nothing like Makoto) but the stories are nothing like it, cept for a possible bit of romance, and no, not with the loli girls. The ecchi still bugs me a bit, but the story is fairly light with some real life drama. I like the way they're taking things so far. Sweet, but possibly might turn out a bit bitter sweet. - 8 stars

Another: ..... No, just... no. The start was great. It's my first time watching a specifically horror centered anime and as much as I'm trying I really, really REALLY don't see why people like this. Only reason I'm continuing is so I can see why all these people are dying, is there some spirit that hates people mentioning that chicks name? I won't give spoilers, but I will say the deaths are RIDICULOUSLY STUPID. There are protections on elevators so that DOESN'T happen. And an umbrella, really?! We don't even get why the spirit or whatever the F is doing this. Why won't she say anything? This show is pissing me off more then anything, which is a real shame because it started out pretty well. - 5 stars at most, really, I'd give it 3, but it might get better ... I hope. Why is everyone in horror a TOTAL MORON?? Seriously, no brains at all. The art is nice though. Not too much gore so far, but quite a bit of blood.
Jan 31, 2012 10:53 PM

May 2010
Too bad you don't like Another, I'm enjoying its suspense quite a lot.
Feb 2, 2012 7:50 PM
Hawk of Endymion

Oct 2009
I'm enjoying Highschool DxD at the moment.
RYOJI KAJI
[to Shinji] So, I understand you're living with Katsuragi.
SHINJI IKARI
Uh, yeah...
RYOJI KAJI
So, is she still so... wild in bed?
Feb 3, 2012 9:29 AM

Oct 2010
Voted for "Another". So far it's a very good horror story.
I also like "Amagami SS+" , "Highschool DxD", "Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai", "Recorder to Randoseru" and "Gokujo".
Feb 5, 2012 1:08 PM

Oct 2011
bit of update....
so number 1 is still Ano Natsu De Matteru - good characters, nice plot and climate is still there :) plus it;s still able to deliver great ending scenes in each of episodes

number 2 is now Mouretsu Pirates - oh it bacame so amazing :) first characters, Marika is awesome lead but rest of crew is also very solid and secondly - all of that techno-babble, talking about some details of actions, systems... I love to see characters thinking about what they do, planning it.

number 3 Rinne No Lagrange - again good characters and interesting setting here. Madoka is such a simpleton (in a good way)

number 4 Tantei Opera Milky Holmes Dai-Ni-Maku - mind rape <3 mind rape <3 all day and all night <3 mind raaaaaaaaape <3

and new one, number 5 Smile Precure - if you watch it, in acording to what it was made to be - show for kids, it's very much entertaining

so it is - number 1 is definitelly the best one, than goes number 2... and rest is in the distance but all of them are very good
Feb 5, 2012 11:38 PM

Dec 2008
I voted for Thermae Romae because it's not getting any love lol. But honestly it really is my favorite. My second favorite is probably Another or Daily lives of HS Boys though.
Feb 6, 2012 12:46 AM

May 2010
Like 4 eps in and I still don't have an absolute favorite.
You know what, I'm not gonna vote at all.
Feb 6, 2012 1:39 AM
Dec 2009
Right now I'm watching 3 of these shows - Another , Kill me Baby and Black Rock Shooter.

Kill Me Baby - as Aluysione said , it's not made to laugh your ass off, but to relax and watch some goofy randomness.I really like it , seems to me it's a very lighthearted comedy.Kiru mi beibee : DD

Another - I'm a sucker for these kinda shows ,the suspense is downright awesome.I still don't understand what the connection is between Mei and class 3 , but as it shows more people are gonna die.I guess we'll have to wait and see..

Black Rock Shooter - many people complained about the quality of the show , both in picture and writing.Honestly , to me it doesn't seem all that bad, mainly because I didn't have any expectations.I liked the OVA too , but too bad it's not the same setting.Also, Kagari = creepy. O_O
Goshka-kokoshkaFeb 1, 2013 4:36 PM
Feb 8, 2012 2:08 AM

May 2010
I agree with you on Black Rock Shooter, people around me are bitching about its quality but I'm looking forward to next episode.
Feb 14, 2012 4:42 AM

Oct 2010
I'm glad I voted for Another. It's getting more and more interesting with every new episode.

Bugsquasher said:
I agree with you on Black Rock Shooter, people around me are bitching about its quality but I'm looking forward to next episode.

yeah, I came across a lot of complaints about Black Rock Shooter too. I downloaded the first 2 episodes, but didn't watched them yet. I usually don't pay too much attention to them, prefer to make my own option about the series. There are a lot of anime that aren't well rated but I found them very good. "School Days" and "Highschool of the Dead" being some of them.

(update) Watched the first episode of Black Rock Shooter and I thought it was pretty good. I watched the OVA a couple of mounts ago and the anime seems to be just as good. The animation is a bit better, the soundtrack not as good, so far. Curious to see how the story will develop.
Armitage87Feb 14, 2012 7:45 AM
Feb 14, 2012 4:09 PM

May 2010
Yeah School Days was in my opinion criminally underrated. What's more is that I was trying to avoid getting spoiled, but suddenly some asshole started saying that everyone knows the ending and felt obliged to tell me. And that the ending is the only thing that mattered, which I heavily disagree with.

Anyway enough with the hate, BRS episode 2 was pretty cool. The graphical depiction of their inner struggles is quite a nice feature in my opinion.
Feb 20, 2012 2:26 AM

Oct 2011
Soo... just had to remove previous post to put this one
but 7 weeks gave some new thoughts about series :)

1. Mouretsu Pirates - best this season simply bacause it's solid. No ups, no downs (if you like tempo like this :) plus good to see Marika developing as a captain. Even way they are pirating doesn't bother me, it's more realistic this way (in a realism of real life)

2. Tantei Opera Milky Holmes Dai-Ni-Maku - mind rape <3 mind rape <3 continues and still is amazing :)

3. Smile Precure - ha! it's 101% covered in sweets, sugar and collorfull :) just like it should be

4. Ano Natsu De Matteru - had an amazing start, but recently it goes somewhere near AnoHana and personally I don't like it so much. Still if they will drop the drama it will be back to number 1. (update: episode 7 gives hope that exactly this will happen)

5. Rinne No Lagrange - eels in a swimming pool, what to say more?
Dalek-bakaFeb 20, 2012 2:44 PM
Feb 20, 2012 12:08 PM

Dec 2008
Ah, you should have kept your original post. I like seeing how thoughts change throughout a series. :D My own blog posts about seasonal shows change often. I write about first impressions, then mid-season, then at the end of a season, and later once more after all the shows of a season have ended (like the ones that go for 2 seasons). Sometimes my opinion changes after it's a been a few weeks of finishing a show. If I'm still thinking about a show, sometimes I value it more highly than I originally thought. c=
Feb 20, 2012 12:37 PM

Oct 2011
But the previous one was about something totally different and irrelevant :)
first one is still there safe and sound - just didn't wanted to create huge wall of my thoughts here.

And indeed it's like this in winter season that things change - or something very nice turns into something not so much (or the other way around).
In this manner this season is much more exciting than Fall - there was Tamayura on top from start till the end :)
Mar 4, 2012 3:56 PM

May 2011
I voted for "Another". It's my favorite right of the currently airing ones.

Mar 5, 2012 8:20 AM

May 2010
LisNoir said:
I voted for "Another". It's my favorite right of the currently airing ones.

There is a reason Another has the most votes ^^
Mar 5, 2012 11:10 AM

Dec 2008
Nise isn't too far behind though. I'm a little surprised by that given the initial reaction to it.
Mar 5, 2012 12:31 PM

May 2010
Nisemonogatari is perverted yet nice.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What's the name of that anime where... ?

gINGEr - Feb 20, 2013

13 by ianh16 »»
Mar 23, 2017 2:20 PM

» Anime that makes you think!

gINGEr - Jan 12, 2011

32 by Rhiannon-Senpai »»
May 31, 2015 7:37 AM

» So bad - it's good- titles

gINGEr - Jan 23, 2014

14 by oudkee »»
Jan 29, 2015 7:32 PM

» Your Top 10 Anime Favorites

gINGEr - Mar 2, 2013

19 by Kaji02 »»
Dec 29, 2014 7:06 PM

Sticky: » (Open) Offical Badges V.2

gINGEr - Apr 9, 2013

44 by Coranie »»
Nov 9, 2014 11:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.