Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 10, 2012 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
Hello all, I'm not sure if this is where this post is supposed to go, but the description suggests ANYthing created...

I am creating an anime database/manager, using this sites API. I need feedback on where the program should go and how useful it will be. I already have a working prototype for testing. It is still in the Alpha stages of development. I have a friend working on the visual end of things. It will not stay a console application forever.

Current features include adding anime from MyAnimeList into an offline database. There's a built-in help system for popular topics. That's about it so far.

Planned features:
* Container (binders, shelves, boxes) specification for people who store their anime physically or virtually
* Search for anime by genre, name, partial name, rating, etc... within your collection.
* Tagging features for your own customized naming conventions, such as whether it's a DVD, CD, MKV, AVI, XVID, DIVX... You can specify any kinds of tags, which relate to the media. Quality, such as 480p, 720p, 1080p.

For those of you wondering, this is an open source project.
Name of the program has been censored for security purposes.
Screen Shot: http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6526/consoless.png

The program is not limited in any way by these future plans, these are just the ones that came to mind from my friend. The program is VERY open to suggestion and input from anyone who loves anime and has a need for a manager/database.

Now, I'm not going to advertise the program until it's in a much more stable state. I currently need someone who has a high enough tech level to understand how a console program works and is comfortable submitting reports through the current ticketing system that I have set up. (Ticket system is VERY easy)

Anyone who thinks they can help or would like to be apart of this programs development, let me know through PM.

P.S.
Sorry for the length.
removed-userJan 10, 2012 2:47 PM

More topics from this board

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - Apr 19

24 by WaffleMaster89 »»
4 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

360 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 10:36 AM

» Have you tried using lmms?

Cammell - Apr 19

2 by W3TFT »»
Yesterday, 9:13 AM

» CSS List Designs by Valerio Lyndon / V.L

Valerio_Lyndon - Sep 9, 2022

23 by karmashizzle »»
Apr 21, 6:01 PM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

3 by Kwanthemaster »»
Apr 21, 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.