MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Ano Natsu de Matteru »» Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

167 62.55%
4 out of 5: Liked it

63 23.60%
3 out of 5: It was OK

27 10.11%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

9 3.37%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 0.37%
Voters: 267

01-09-12, 9:46 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The design is amazing and the setting is gorgeous I find. The romantic confession story was artistically nicely shown with the light.There is even fan service in this series. Such as the bath part in the spoiler
and as matter of fact despite the crappy quality I got so far I am sure I see some details around Ichika’s breasts here (NSFW):
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/picture13/f05efa26.jpg
So indeed fan service is nice. It’s not really full blown but kind of melds in. Add to that the romantic kiss,
and it looks lovely. Only thing that bothers me is the Sci-fi stuff or is Ichika an alien with super tech? In fact I found out some clues now, according to the following in the ED,

Ichika is 100% an alien. In fact from the looks of the following spoiler

That is her ship’s impact. It looked to do 2 entries to slow down those 2 rings followed by impact itself which was too much.
As a result Kaito got killed/severely wounded in the spoiler
my suspicion are that Ichika healed him or revived him. Thus why he got flashbacks and that wound on Kaito in the spoiler
looked like some form of infection spreading or more some form of allergy perhaps to the healing/revival? Ichika being an alien then maybe but yeah the suitcase with the healing aura is a WTF in the spoiler
for me for now. I mean weird animal and aura futuristic? Right with Alien tech sure.

Remon in the spoiler
will be my favourite as I have the following,
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/picture13/0d800dd0.jpg
Right next to my computer space. I hope to see very much more of her and that she finds love. Other than that looking good so far. I never seen the girls designs like those so it's a plus. I think it shall be a nice slice of life with drama, blood, fan service and most of all a serious tone with all that. It looks like setting has the country side feel. Romance looks to be a nice factor but I am not sure it will live up to the Ef saga despite this series being original itself. Despite that it will be interesting solely for the alien stuff and that makes 2 alien series. YES! I wished to have more of those. Mainly due to missing this series:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/358/Iriya_no_Sora_UFO_no_Natsu
Guess my wish came true in 2 ways. Very happy! May edit later.
Modified by Yumekichi11, 01-09-12, 10:40 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

01-09-12, 10:17 AM

The kiss and discovery Ichika was in the house at the end made the episode.

I knew from the beginning Ichika was the one who saved Kaito from the fall and at the end from the infection.

The Sci-Fi portions will be good if done correctly and providing there aren't any monsters and such, keeping it more like Contagion or Fringe will make this good.

I welcome fanservice in this and I was worried that this wouldn't have any and this would bore the pants off me oh and nice mascot that came out of the suitcase. No light and such either.

Remon is a very good character, she's a lot like Fubuki from Baby Princess and definitely the same bust size.

5/5

10/10

01-09-12, 10:20 AM

I was hit by surprise.

Anyway, good episode.
I was thinking a satellite fell on him. Didn't expect it to be sci-fi.

I'll have to continue to see what they have in the store for us.
There is this Lemon girl who looks very interesting too.
Modified by KaitoDash, 01-09-12, 10:24 AM

01-09-12, 10:46 AM

Hoppy said:
Remon is a very good character, she's a lot like Fubuki from Baby Princess and definitely the same bust size.
I checked that and I have to agree but an older Fubuki version.

Must be one factor why I like her because I liked very much Fubuki in that series.

01-09-12, 2:00 PM

I can't believe it. Ano Natsu de Matteru actually reminds me of Anohana
The feel, the atmosphere just felt so similar
Then I checked MAL, and AH, it's the same director =O

Looking forward to this~
The ending sounded nice, and then I notice that it's by Nagi! =D

01-09-12, 2:26 PM

Really nice! I really like the artstyle (same as AnoHana, it seems) and I loved the OP/ED.
Looking foward to it.

01-09-12, 2:53 PM

I like the OP!

I can't help but thinking about Anohana and Toradora when I'm watching this. not bad not bad, this is going to be interesting! :D

01-09-12, 4:09 PM

Cirris said:
Someone said Ano Natsu is like Onegai Teacher wrapped in an Ano Hana art style. Holy crap no kidding!! I totally got that vibe watching this.

The similaries i see between Ano Hatsu and Onegai Teacher....

Interesting remarks in the spoiler however I call it a bliss that this anime has a rather serious tone and original characters not being done in anime. At least their design. I can say for sure Ano Hana did not have a serious tone like this one for sure. In the blood department.

01-09-12, 5:01 PM

That was actually fairly good. No typical anime overreacting was nice. Watching Ichika fumble around with everything was cute.

01-09-12, 5:20 PM

This was 'must watch' anime for me from the moment i saw ''TRR! and AnoHana character designs'' on official website.So i really couldnt wait to see this for a long time.And im not disappointed :D
I love everything excluding Kanna.She is just exactly kind of characters i doesnt like.Dont know why :o

Anyway, i gave it 8/10 for start.The reason why i didnt put 9 there, is that im actually sure later will get better, so i will change it then, lol.

Oh, and OP is good.Just as ED.KOTOKO and Nagi...what a great combination :D
HIME HIME HIME, SUKI SUKI DAISUKI HIME, HIME ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O)

01-09-12, 5:27 PM

wowwww im impressed

I have high hopes for this show now, it looks like JC Staff is putting a lot into this show despite how many shows they are producing this season

01-09-12, 5:37 PM

i am ready to keep watching htis :)
will be good

01-09-12, 5:38 PM

Great first episode! I see lots of potential in it, I hope JC Staff allows it to shine.

Likable characters all over the place. Good comedy, good character relationships, good episode ending, I'm impressed.

Also already very curious about the weird shit on the MC's neck, and the huge catastrophe at the beginning

01-09-12, 5:38 PM

I think this would have been a much better premise if it didn't have A FUCKING ALIEN in it.

Goddamn it, I swore myself off JC Staff shows yet I'm watching this. I know damn well I'm going to be disappointed and angry when I'm done with this but I guess I'm a masochist or something. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and I'm gonna predict this will have a lousy ending and it will be another pointless show that never went anywhere. I hope that my prediction is correct when this show ends in 3 months otherwise I'm gong to feel like an idiot if it turns out to be "the greatest love story ever told v.2" or something.
Ok™

01-09-12, 5:45 PM

Idk why but this reminds me of Birdy

01-09-12, 5:55 PM

well this was one of my most anticipated series of the season and i'm just gonna go and say *Anohana V2!* wasn't expecting the whole ailen part but who knows it could be a good thing, and as much as i would like to think it i don't think this will tell a story as strong as anohana but it could be just as good plus the characters seem likeable Lemon >3.

and Dat Ed/Ending song so good~

01-09-12, 5:57 PM

Onegai Natsu

01-09-12, 6:03 PM

Mmmm not bad not bad,the art is pretty good without doubt have some Ano Hana/Onegai vibes that is awesome.

The characters looks good,Ichika is cute but somehow Remon give me a different kind of cuteness i want to see more of her.

The comedy seems its going to be fine,and the Fanservice its welcome and while they keep the Sci Fi in control this could be a very good anime.

The kiss at the end was funny specially her sister reaction,lets see how JC keep this going with all the Anime they are doing this season....dont SCREW IT UP JC!!!

01-09-12, 6:07 PM

I really liked it. This was my most anticipated shows this season and man did it not disappoint. This show will hopefully end up being one of my favorite shows this season.

01-09-12, 6:08 PM

Wow, a decent J.C. Staff series (not counting Kimi to Boku) since Toradora with really good production values thankfully not too much fanservice but that kiss was kinda wtf..and that pink leaf thing that was in Ichika's bag.

Man winter is looking much more stronger than Spring right now tbh (except Fate/Zero part 2!!!), the OP and ED were wonderful especially how the OP looked like a home movie which was really creative and definitely cool.

3.5/5
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE

Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices