Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2015 4:25 PM

Feb 2013
Mikono chargin' muh hi-ero particles...
oops, wrong anime... (almost)

I sort of dropped the first season our of losing interest. Picked this one up because it's supposed to be a bit different and not really need season1. I'm not impressed. It feels about the same... probably won't make it past one more episode.

You call THAT a cat?!
Nov 14, 2015 12:41 AM

Jul 2008
That is no cat my friend.

So we have 2 Apollos this time? And Fudou is still alive?
Nov 12, 2016 8:06 AM

Jul 2013
I watched the first episode of Aquarion Evol earlier and it was really great.

I liked how it basically started out with the story of the first series, well the legend having been made in to a movie and a boy who’s obsessed with it who works at a cinema, that’s such a neat concept.

It was quite different from the original series - they didn’t want male and females to merge whereas before they really didn’t care but they said it was in the ancient text or whatever but it was never mentioned before. They did in the end though lol. And thus Aquarion (who hadn’t been called it for years apparently until Fudou told Sora to call it by it’s true name) evolved!

Fudou looked so different! lol.

Also they just seemed to shoot a lot more than any other attacks.

The new red haired guy Kagura who’s pretty hot acts a lot like Apollo from the first series with the sniffing people etc lo.

But he called the boy Sora Solar Wing and he did fly/have wings and keep floating off the ground, and his name is Sora so maybe Solar Wing/Apollonius soul was split in two like Celiane’s was last time.

The art was really cute and amazing! I love the art style, I liked the original too though.

Mikono seems like a really nice character, I love her outfit but I wouldn’t call that thing a cat! lol.l. More like some weird, bunny or something. It’s funny how in the dub at least her and Sora are voiced by the ones who did Silvia and Apollo in the original lol. Nice touch.

Neo Tokyo looks more like Venice! it’s so pretty *____*

I can’t wait to see the rest of the season and see what happens! <3

I hope I love it as much as the original, I was gonna watch the movie too where they changed the first one but it’s not dubbed, may watch it later subbed.
Aug 2, 2020 8:52 PM

Aug 2018
bored silly not sure if i will continue watching. I'm glad they added other people in the transformation because they main characters were even call the chosen ones in the anime barf lol Maybe there is some good side character development
Sep 15, 2020 10:34 PM
Oct 2019
Kind of meh. 5/10

The writing is weak. If this wasn't a "sequel" and I hadn't already seen the original, if be really underwhelmed right now. But I'll give it a few more episodes at least.

I'll probably enjoy the general plot, but I hope the interactions and dialogue between characters gets better (it won't, but I can hope). I don't give a crap about the fights/battles, either. I'll probably fast forward through a lot of it like I did in the original Aquarion.

I will say, I'm curious about:
1. These stones
2. Why the sexes are forbidden to merge
3. Why there angels and humans are still/back at war with each other
4. Who that red haired angel was in the mecha
5. The different name for Aquarion
6. The "nurse" for the female pilots and the nutcracker mouth guy for the male students
7. ESSENTIALLY, wtf happened these last 12,000 years

I'm sure they'll explain some of it but if it's anything like the original there who be a ton of unanswered questions.

It sounded like the same voice actors for Silvia and Apollo are back (English dub). And I like how that angel/cherubim crawls around on all fours like Apollo did in the original. Haha
HagePotPotatoSep 15, 2020 10:57 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aquarion Evol Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

a6342164 - Jun 24, 2012

187 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 28, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Aquarion Evol Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2012

71 by E_akane_7 »»
Nov 4, 2020 8:58 AM

Poll: » Aquarion Evol Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2012

48 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 16, 2020 2:55 PM

Poll: » Aquarion Evol Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 15, 2012

64 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 16, 2020 2:14 PM

Poll: » Aquarion Evol Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 8, 2012

79 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 15, 2020 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.