Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2008 1:49 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's good to see a group decided to pick Yes Precure 5 back ! Obviously, their work is not as great as arienai, but no complaints, we can expect them to complete the show.

So that episode introduces Milk, another character from the Palmier Kingdom. She has a funny behavior, and we can expect more problems with her around^^
akuma2002May 31, 2009 8:44 AM
Mar 6, 2015 6:48 PM
gokigenyou~

May 2013
Milk is a rotten little piece of shit. Respect is something that's earned, not just blatantly given on command.

Jan 21, 2016 5:16 AM

Sep 2012
I was starting to like Precure 5 and then Milk shows up.

I didn't mind the fairies much but now the worst has appeared.

The fairies always got to be annoying? One thing lame about Precure.
Mar 1, 2018 1:53 AM
Jan 2018
I can't see how Milk could be from Palmier kigdom. Yeah they llok the same as coco and nuts but I feel like she has no respect at all. I know she need food and all but a whole lunchbox that is just mean. And How she is treating precure after she is saved. I could go on and on.
Jan 29, 2019 12:00 PM
Jun 2016
Based on this episode, I guess I could say that Coco and Nattsu are the princes of learning or something like that back in their kingdom. An earlier episode establishes that Nattsu is a huge fan of books or something of that nature. I guess that explains why Coco was able to become a teacher in the Cure's school.

Also, wow. I didn't thought Milk would be annoying. She was actively being mean to Nozomi. I've watched the original PreCure seasons and I'm currently watching Smile, and I didn't thought that Mepple, Porun, Lulun, and Candy were that annoying. I brought that up since it seems like people aren't really fond of those characters, and the fact that I was annoyed by Milk but those characters, not that much, is kind of impressive in a rather not so good way.

Sure, those characters I've mentioned had some annoying moments but none of them were intentionally being mean the Cures (and not to mention she didn't let Nozomi eat). I guess other than Mepple. But still, Milk was mean to Nozomi MULTIPLE TIMES in ONE EPISODE. Whereas for Mepple, at least those moments were more spaced out. Hopefully, she gets better as the season goes on. Her debut episode didn't really leave a positive impression.

I guess I'm a little mad. To make things worse, even the other Cures "sided" with Milk. If I were Nozomi, I would have been like: "What the heck, guys!?" I guess I just really like her as a character. Like, in a "wow, she's so optimistic. I wish I was more like her" kind of way.

Kind of funny since I was writing this before finishing the episode. While watching, I was thinking: "What if Milk becomes nicer to Nozomi towards the end of it?" And I was thinking of writing more to this comment. Like: "I'm glad Milk softened up to Nozomi. I hope this pattern continues." But I guess not.

And finally, I find it funny that usually the discussion pages in MAL for Yes! PreCure 5 is usually empty (i.e. very few to no comments at all) but due to Milk's appearance, this one has a few comments expressing annoyance for the said character. Well, it's still relatively "empty" but it's something.
Dec 7, 2020 3:24 AM

Jul 2017
I was waiting for this one to show up. Milk is... about what I expected. She's just MEAN, like really really mean, and I hope she starts becoming a kinder person over the episodes but from what I've heard she mostly stays the same. What shocked me is usually the other girls are really protective over each other, but they're totally okay with Nozomi getting bullied by this rabbit. Y'all, she ate ALL Nozomi's food and smacked her when she tried to eat some more, then made fun of her and insulted her lunch in ONE episode.

That being said, Milk is unfortunately really adorable looking. Her design is suuuuper appealling and if she wasn't so rude and selfish I would adore her. She just looks huggable, until she opens her mouth. I guess that's the joke. But oh boy am I hoping she'll get a little better.
Jan 10, 2021 1:59 AM
Feb 2018
Agreed with the comment above about the discussions usually being dead but not this one, I too am writing a comment to express my annoyance.

Like everyone mentioned, Milk is super irritating. But what also irritates me is how the other Cures as well as CocoNuts just told Nozomi to "get over it" and no one backed her up in calling Milk out. How would they feel if it was them that had their lunch stolen and pretty much denied of food the whole day?

And Nozomi for some reason still felt obligated to give a speech to the villain to defend Milk, protecting her is one thing, but I wouldn't have defended her actions back then. Just because you did something "heroic" or had a tough life, it doesn't allow you to be a prick to others. I don't like how everyone is just using the excuse "she had a tough life, so it's understandable", no it's not...

So yeah, feel bad for Nozomi, everyone else (including the other Cures) were annoying. I see that CocoNuts didn't teach the people of their world what basic respect is.
Jun 26, 2021 4:59 PM
Oct 2019
may actually drop this precure over milk roflmao, or just fast-forward any time she's on screen, she is the worst
Nov 23, 2021 4:11 PM
Feb 2017
Keeping up with the tradition of making the newest magical creature very annoying at least to start. Pollun/Porun eventually surpassed his predecessors in my mind, but most of the time they crank up the annoying parts at the start. I figure that they'll probably have at least two episodes of Milk running away, but I guess this is already one. "It is such a tried and true catalyst though" Toei Animation probably

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yes! Precure 5 Episode 1 Discussion

silverwalls - Jul 6, 2015

7 by ItsXolo »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:50 AM

Poll: » Yes! Precure 5 Episode 43 Discussion

Mat2468xk - Mar 5, 2019

4 by Cam1922 »»
Nov 3, 2023 6:26 AM

Poll: » Yes! Precure 5 Episode 39 Discussion

silverwalls - Jul 24, 2015

5 by Cam1922 »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:02 AM

Poll: » Yes! Precure 5 Episode 38 Discussion

Petite_Tomoyo - Jul 24, 2014

5 by Cam1922 »»
Nov 2, 2023 10:52 AM

Poll: » Yes! Precure 5 Episode 35 Discussion

minniemoon - Dec 17, 2020

3 by Cam1922 »»
Nov 2, 2023 7:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.