MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Mouretsu Pirates Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Mouretsu Pirates »» Mouretsu Pirates Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Mouretsu Pirates Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

100 46.30%
4 out of 5: Liked it

81 37.50%
3 out of 5: It was OK

28 12.96%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

6 2.78%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 0.46%
Voters: 216

01-07-12, 12:31 PM

Well, I actually expect this anime would be good, but it was better what I think.

It's a old style anime but you can't hate that. ^_^

I can't remember which one that are simliar to the main character but I kind of like her.

Oh yeah who have even hear about a legal space pirate?
Even pirate is not legal.
Hmm.. I guess they aren't that bad. :)

Don't you think home security is a bit complicated?
The number she pressed, eye scanned security, very nice :)

ProBlackbird.Wordpress.com - Check out my Blog

01-07-12, 12:49 PM

ETNEET said:
legal pirates? wtf :))

They actually existed, especially England under Elisbeth I was famous for it's privateers. These privateers were allowed to attack and plunder foreign ships under the decree of the Queen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privateer

01-07-12, 12:54 PM

This introduction episode was great but well, what did you expect from Tatsuo Sato ? The OP was awesome too and the series has a lot of potential overall.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

01-07-12, 12:55 PM

WHY? The black haired girl already reminds me of Kuroneko in Oreimo, but it turns out they have the same seiyu (I like her) and they speak in the same manner... -.- It's kind of boring I think?

But it's better than I expected, well, it doesn't have any annoying fanservice, I'm happy about it! And Chiyaki Omigawa is part of the cast, so I got one more reason to watch this anime!

AND THE OP SONG IS SO ANNOYING! -.- And I think I'm the only one who think like that...

Modified by Kurini, 01-07-12, 1:05 PM

01-07-12, 1:00 PM

I was totally sucked in by the story.

01-07-12, 1:04 PM

I really enjoyed it.

The older style works with the settings, and I like the character design so far. Marika looks great and her character is likable.

The animation doesn't seem noteworthy: at least I didn't cringe at anything.

Music? If there were BGMs used, they didn't really leave an impression, but that OP... It is glorious.

It's pretty hilarious how some anons on /m/ are complaining about the lack of action or about the "slow pacing". IMHO this episode gave a solid introduction to some of the characters, and the world in which this story takes place in.

Nearly 5/5.

01-07-12, 1:38 PM

Same thought as me Haruno hehe :)

ProBlackbird.Wordpress.com - Check out my Blog

01-07-12, 1:58 PM

Marika's design is so lovely, and she seems likable. Nice to see a new space opera, don't get these too often anymore.

Not a great first episode, but a good one. Don't know what to expect but it has potential. I just have to worry about this: Are the light novels finished? I don't think they are...? If so, that's a worrying point for me.

Though I am getting so sick of the transfer student shit. Mysterious transfer student comes in, and I can already guess the scenario: She'll walk past the MC when going to her seat, glance at her, the MC will be confused. Later on she'll approach the MC all ~mysteriously~ for good measure.

One more thing: very interesting setting so far, even though they aren't even out in space yet

01-07-12, 2:05 PM

Ah ah ah!
I knew it! I knew that pirate anime will be great! They always are! Like One Piece or Elemental Gerade hahaha!

yeah it's kinda oldchool but I LOVE it about it~ It have that hmmm.... strange feel about it... it reminds me of Aria ... but i really don't know why X.....X
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.

01-07-12, 2:19 PM

The OP was awesome! You don't normally expect something like power metal when you go into a 'cute girls' show, so it really put me into a unique mood and set the tone for the show, which, like the OP, seems to be more than it seems on the surface. I really like the main character and I can see her being one of those unique and strong female MCs later down the road. I also love Hanazawa in more aggressive roles (Kamisama Dolls used that well). The first episode was a little slow but hopefully it's not like Guilty Crown's slowness in getting the main character into the situation we all know they are going to end up in, if so I can see myself really liking this show.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."

01-07-12, 2:29 PM

wasn't really sure what to expect but so far so good continue watching.

01-07-12, 2:40 PM

zimno said:
what an old style anime...

however it was not bad, i think
4/5 7/10

styles don't age.

01-07-12, 2:49 PM

really interesting first episode, will continue to watch this one for now.

01-07-12, 3:12 PM

TIME FOR SOME PIRACY!

Oh, OP. Why are you metal as fuck?

01-07-12, 3:16 PM

This was my second pleasant surprise of the day (Symphogear being the first).

Call me crazy, I actually liked the opening xD

Next episode preview looked awesome. Can't wait :)

Are you sexy as f*ck? If yes, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Join MAL's sexiest users!!!!!

01-07-12, 3:28 PM

Oh fucking hell, whenever Kato talks I hear Joey from Heroman.

I keep expecting her to scream "ATTTTTTTACCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKK".

01-07-12, 3:37 PM

This seems rather decent, one of the best from the winter season so far. The ending was pretty cool aswell. :)

01-07-12, 3:42 PM

Fuck yeah OP and ED !
For the story, so good !

01-07-12, 4:15 PM

This definitely has my attention.

01-07-12, 4:17 PM

This anime looks to be quite promising! So far no idea what legal pirates do, since the war ended a century ago, but I loved the portrayal of how crazy a transition this is for Marika. I shall definitely be following this series.

Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices