Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Nov 27, 2013 3:25 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

Zwei-Wing's concert certainly gets my heart pumping!
Jan 1, 2014 8:24 PM

Aug 2013
"I'm tired. First day of school felt like a hundred climaxes in a row."

I don't know what to feel or think.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 26, 2014 11:20 AM

Aug 2012
How are you going to defeat an enemy called Noise ?

> By singing of course
Jul 23, 2014 7:04 AM

Dec 2011
Great start to the series.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 26, 2014 9:38 PM

Feb 2014
Whoa, now that was a crazy episode. Very action packed!

But why did they say that Hibiki died right at the beginning of the episode? This topic confused me...Like, if she is a main character, then why would you say she dies right off the bat? It showed how she almost died 2 years prior to the opening clip, but then when it said "back to present" Hibiki and Miku were roomates at school. So did Hibiki actually die?? I'm super confused!

Anyway, this looks like a pretty cool mahou shoujo. Similar to Mai-Otome or Nanoha StrikerS imo, but the music aspect is interesting!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2014 11:32 PM

Feb 2013
That was unexpectedly good! I like it! Tsubasa was doing some Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance shit! Although I don't like that Kanade died in the first episode! Really!? C'mon! In the beginning it showed Hibiki's grave, so she dies later on? I hope not. Great episode!
Nano1124Oct 15, 2014 11:42 PM
Jan 18, 2015 7:59 PM

Nov 2009
Well that escalated quickly, That was an alright first episode.
Jun 18, 2015 11:51 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode :)

I started watching this since i finished Cross Ange and quickly became one of my favorite Animes in the mech genre.

Then i keep hearing how the series is very similar to Symphogear and even had Nana-san on it :)

Lots of deaths, transformation scenes with tons of moves. Very dark, but switches to light heart in a few moments.

Watching it on BD, since S3 is coming up this July, might as well catch up!

Songs are very catchy as expected from Nana-san :)

Can't wait for the next episode!!!
Jul 15, 2015 3:47 PM

Feb 2015
Awesome start. Hope they keep this up, the songs are good.
Jul 27, 2015 3:56 AM

Aug 2013
man, that was a great way to start a series
btw why this got a low score?
maybe I'll found out later..
must marathon this to see the 3rd season
ciao
Oct 27, 2016 4:33 AM

Aug 2009
ricardo241 said:
drendren said:
What in the fuck did I just watch?!

Something called Anime
here's the link on wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime

apply cold water to burned area

but really... that escalated quickly

really sad to see kanade go... she probably would be my favorite character if she lived

fuck plot, kill people

my body not sure if ready
Jan 19, 2017 7:53 AM

Oct 2016
Kuromii said:
What the actual fuck did I just watch. I nearly cried when Kanade died because even with so little screen time she was fantastic. Tsubasa was completely useless in that fight; if she'd been more competent then Kanade may have not died ¬_¬
I'm sorry this was old but I am curious, are you fucking for real? Cried? I predicted it. this is garbage. I'll power through this and see if it gets better.
Jan 19, 2017 9:01 AM

Oct 2007
SeasonADay said:
Kuromii said:
What the actual fuck did I just watch. I nearly cried when Kanade died because even with so little screen time she was fantastic. Tsubasa was completely useless in that fight; if she'd been more competent then Kanade may have not died ¬_¬
I'm sorry this was old but I am curious, are you fucking for real? Cried? I predicted it. this is garbage. I'll power through this and see if it gets better.

Congrats on predicting it, I clearly didn't. Yes I'm for real, my apologies for having emotions. Fun fact: when I posted this in the beginning of 2012 I had crippling depression and would get too attached to anime/characters as a coping mechanism. I was a miserable young woman who would cry at almost anything. Sorry that offended you (?)

I'm not really sure what you want me to say about this?
Jan 19, 2017 9:22 AM

Oct 2016
Kuromii said:
SeasonADay said:

Congrats on predicting it, I clearly didn't. Yes I'm for real, my apologies for having emotions. Fun fact: when I posted this in the beginning of 2012 I had crippling depression and would get too attached to anime/characters as a coping mechanism. I was a miserable young woman who would cry at almost anything. Sorry that offended you (?)

I'm not really sure what you want me to say about this?

I'm sorry about your depression and I was just trying to say it was bad in my opinion. I think it is normal to get attached to well written and well developed anime characters.
Sep 4, 2017 9:32 AM

Apr 2015
Let me get this straight...an alien species has attacked Earth, and the only people who hold the power to take these slimy bastards down are idols? My god, this is campy.

I wasn't completely sold until the ending, in which our sweet innocent girl had an entire mecha system seemingly explode through her body as she evolved into some kind of super fighter. That was pretty awesome.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 27, 2017 9:32 AM
Sep 2015
This ep was so so rushed, anyway it was enjoyable.
I don't like blood, but since this is a mahou shoujo I don't mind it.
Oh, I also don't understand the usage of German words like 'zwei' and 'aufwachen' Tbh, I think they sound stupid, mahou shoujo shows usually use English words for concepts.
Dec 14, 2017 6:13 AM

Jun 2017
This is off to a good start, but I do have one complaint ... did they really foreshadow (or... flat out spoil) that Hibiki is going to die?!

I like this character, and I can't say I like the others just yet. If they kill Hibiki off without offering a lovable replacement I may just riot. Or stop watching, lol... well, it takes quite a bit for me to stop watching an anime, it has to be BAD bad, not just kinda bad... still, that would be a serious blow... so I hope it's just like how Naruto "dies" in that movie - and doesn't die at all. So far, though, this blows any of the Naruto movies out of the water, and nothing has even happened yet. Far more likable, so maybe I'll be able to take it if they actually do that.

...but not without protest...
Oct 21, 2018 4:08 AM

May 2016
Wow, now that's how you start off a series, animation is kinda choopy, but it will improve over time.

That cliffhanger tho...
Oct 26, 2018 5:17 AM

May 2016
This show felt like original AF.
Oct 27, 2018 12:47 PM

May 2016
Okay, gonna restart from episode 1 so that i can replay here again lol
Oct 31, 2018 4:20 PM

May 2016
mmm...unexpectedly interesting?
cant wait next

I'll say it like this. When 2012 was the year when newer anime's were being made. I never heard of this, JoJo and SAO at all :/

I love that cliffhanger ending. I love the start on it and gotta check more good content.

OST Is majestic.
Mar 15, 2019 7:28 AM

Mar 2016
Re-watching: I can't believe Hibiki is fucking dead.

I definitely didn't appreciate Kanade enough during my first watch. Best girl :(
Mar 28, 2019 1:00 PM

May 2016
Holy crap interesting episode, but awesome ending!

Starting just when it first came out ^_^

I'm a sucker for music tbh and epic OSTs

The character designs remind of those of Ygo and have high hope for this anime.
Mar 28, 2019 1:01 PM

May 2016
rewatching)

Zwei-Wing's concert certainly gets my heart pumping!
Jun 11, 2019 12:44 PM

May 2016
Gonna rewatch this show till XV starts say my goodbye later ;-;
Jun 25, 2019 1:16 PM

Dec 2012
Man, talk about a morbidly over the top beginning to a series. Definitely wasn't expecting this but I'm game. The combination of melody & combat reminds me of AKB0048. While there's certainly plenty of questions to naturally arise, I don't understand the opening scene with the girl going to Hibiki's tombstone and then in the next present day scene, they're all buddy-buddy at school. I guess I'll keep an open mind and sharp eyes for the time being.
Aug 24, 2019 3:28 PM

Jan 2018
it was aight I guess...
Sep 2, 2019 11:31 PM

May 2009
This was nothing like I expected. So much happened in one episode that I'm not sure what to think. I don't remember when was the last time I've seen so many deaths and destruction in the first episode. I wonder what the Noise actually are. Some people seem to be aware of their existence during the concert, but why would you go to a concert where they might appear?

That transformation at the end was amazing. I doubt she's getting her powers just by singing the song, that would just be too easy.

Bayek said:
I don't understand the opening scene with the girl going to Hibiki's tombstone and then in the next present day scene, they're all buddy-buddy at school. I guess I'll keep an open mind and sharp eyes for the time being.

I was really confused by that too. I guess the scene we saw in the beginning was actually further in the future maybe? It really feels like it's a mistake and they messed up by using present time.
Nov 2, 2019 10:10 AM

May 2016
This felt like a bunch of anime mixed together. Holy shit. This is epic!~

Episode 1 is by far the best way to start off modern anime for a new era in 2012 y'all

It even felt like YGO with out the card games.

So much happened in one episode that felt like a tornado hit the fandom by storm. lolz
Feb 13, 2020 6:54 PM

Sep 2018
I really did not understand what was happening this episode. It was entertaining though.
Apr 16, 2020 4:45 AM

May 2016
Amazing episode :)

I started watching this since i finished Cross Ange and quickly became one of my favorite Animes in the mech genre.

Then i keep hearing how the series is very similar to Symphogear and even had Nana-san on it :)

Lots of deaths, transformation scenes with tons of moves. Very dark, but switches to light heart in a few moments.

Watching it on BD, since S3 is coming up this July, might as well catch up!

Songs are very catchy as expected from Nana-san :)

Can't wait for the next episode!!!
Aug 18, 2020 6:41 AM
Jul 2020
Good concept(fights and music),i love it.
Im not used to female leading in anime(shoujo) so i'll see where this goes.
Sep 13, 2020 5:15 AM

Nov 2019
😮😮😮😢WOW! did not expect that
i got into this series completely blank about the plot and Wow wat an episode

😢my first emotions for this show go to Kanade, she looked like a great character but........💔

alright gonna watch ep 2 now____
Oct 6, 2020 2:20 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Was watching one of gigguk's videos and then this pops up and he goes nuts about it and then I'm there watching like "YOOO WHAT IS THIS FIRE" so here I am gave the first episode a watch and hot dam this is some fast tempo high octane energy burst of an anime- and nothing else, and I don't think I mind that at all

Got other stuff to watch atm, but I am gonna come back to this and probably watch all five seasons in a couple weeks, but what I'm hoping to be able to say when finishing this is to prove naysayers wrong and just show that this is a high action thrill ride and that you should just enjoy it and let it sweep you along for the ride. Again as per usual, hoping for some good dumb fun anime for me to lose my mind and kill some time. Dang that didn't sound too good did it, oh well, what else is new

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 10, 2020 12:20 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So yeah this has the vibes of some TV shows I watched as a kid, but can this possibly be, actually GOOD?? I'm not looking for much, just some over the top battles with some over the top music will satisfy me to my heart's content. But if there happens to be a little story in here to hold it all together then I don't mind that at all either, I will welcome it ever so gladly.

Would really like a recommendation tho or even just some insight on whether to continue this for all five seasons. I hear it gets really insane, but at the same time would not rather waste my time if there's no real payoff

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 31, 2021 9:33 AM

Nov 2018
HOLY SHIT THIS WAS AMAZING. I fucking love Aoi Yuuki's voice and oh boy I'll be getting plenty of that here, LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
May 6, 2021 1:31 PM

Feb 2020
Wow. That was amazing. I didn't expect the first episode to be this action-packed and emotional.

Those insert songs were great. :)

SerafosDec 28, 2023 7:37 AM
May 7, 2021 11:31 AM

Nov 2016
Hibiki kind of a shitty friend when she didn't even show a bit concern for the aunt of Miku lol Also don't get why there was a gravestone for her when she in fact survived or will something happen later?

Well, I'm gonna see. Pretty interesting start. It's like magical girl x idols x mecha. I like it and the music. The transformation at the end was also hella dope.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 16, 2021 1:49 PM

Aug 2010
Humble beginnings of the best anime franchise of all time.
Nov 19, 2021 11:07 AM

Sep 2018
Okay, so I started watching this for reasons.

I just had to stop because it appears that something exceedingly dangerous was installed directly beneath a stadium filled with innocent concert goers to "presumably" suck something out of them that the future of humanity is riding on. This process is overseen by miss flippant (not her real name) and relies on a musical performance.

Putting aside the failure apparently meaning that humanity is fucked anyway let's hope these guys all get their asses sued (although you'd expect they'd all be dead from that blast) for doing something so criminally stupid.

Not holding my breath.

Presses play

borderlinerNov 19, 2021 11:21 AM
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Dec 24, 2021 12:07 AM

Jul 2017
Aight, I'm impressed. I really clicked with this. Don't even know where to start. That was mad hype all-round. This ep really didn't miss, like, dayum!

Mar 8, 2022 5:03 AM
Jun 2016
Ok, so I've decided to watch this since I've noticed a lot of its fans also share the anime they like with me.

I'd say the first episode has a fine balance between its action and slice of life parts. But damn, it does slap you right in your face with questions, which isn't a bad thing. Like, can anyone be a magical girl in this anime, or is there something special to Hibiki, which Kanade noticed?

Yeah, this anime definitely has the potential to be one of my favourites. Those people who recommended it to me were right.
Mat2468xkMar 8, 2022 5:10 AM
Apr 20, 2022 9:47 AM

Nov 2013
I'm utterly impressed by the 1st episode.
Didn't expect much to be honest. I thought it's gonna be some bullshit about overpowered fighting idols like AKB0048.
But it's actually pretty cool. The animation and music are awesome, fights are good, people dying in very brutal ways, the characters are beautiful and likeable. Some cool seiyuus like Sawashiro Miyuki and Takayama Minami are there. Why didn't i watch this before?
Of course the blue dildos and red carrots are ridiculously stupid enemies but the other designs such as costumes and weapons are awesome, so i'm really glad i've started to watch this.
Feb 2, 2023 12:29 AM
Feb 2023
SO GOOD SO GOOD SO GOOD
Sep 10, 2023 10:58 AM

Nov 2010
Those beautiful idols and their juicy armpits. They are always so nice to see and lick!

I didn't expect so much death from an Idol show. This is the first Idol show I've seen, by the way, and I always thought it would be just lots of singing and good vibes.

Watching some of those cute girls die was kind of arousing.
It felt like a hundred climaxes? Does that mean she's sexually experienced? I only know of the sexual kind of climaxing. Hehe

Sexy girls doing some combat plus singing seems like a nice combo. I might enjoy this kind of fanservice. I still prefer something more sexual. Hopefully, I'll see some in this show.
Nov 22, 2023 1:11 PM

Aug 2013
I'm familiar with Symphogear music which alone made me speechless for years already (yes it's this good I'm having goosebumps every time I'm listening to it).
Seeing it coupled with context in anime, phenomenal animation and gorgeous character design hit me in yet another way. Wow.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cirris - Mar 30, 2012

151 by TheLyingSpectre »»
Mar 13, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 9, 2012

58 by IssunWriter993 »»
Feb 4, 10:16 PM

» New movie announced

Piromysl - Dec 1, 2023

3 by KanameYuuki »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Feb 10, 2012

64 by WaffleMaster89 »»
Oct 20, 2023 6:42 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Jan 13, 2012

151 by WaffleMaster89 »»
Oct 10, 2023 10:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.