MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Kill Me Baby Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Kill Me Baby »» Kill Me Baby Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Kill Me Baby Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

68 27.31%
4 out of 5: Liked it

62 24.90%
3 out of 5: It was OK

58 23.29%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

39 15.66%
1 out of 5: Hated it

22 8.84%
Voters: 249

01-06-12, 9:57 AM

This is an okay gag anime. It's pretty much the same as any other gag anime, just slightly more darkly humored.

01-06-12, 10:17 AM

Random and I expected something better, I started it because UTW-Mazui is doing it, I will see how it goes.

All my gifs are in my blog

01-06-12, 10:40 AM

The longer it went on the more I began to like the show. However, I do feel that it would have been good as a shorter show (about7-10 minutes in length). It still is the first episode so I'm not going to put more thought into it than that. I enjoy the art style and the characters and will definitely watch the next few episodes.

I have to say, the gag with the scrolls and the ghosts being in the actual picture made me physically laugh out loud for a bit. A nice, happy, "7" rating for now. :)

01-06-12, 10:45 AM

I found it funny. The ending was awesome <3

01-06-12, 10:45 AM
Forum Moderator
Was expecting something else here and what i got wasn't really my thing.

The ninja was funny tho so hopefully it will be better next week but time will tell i guess.

01-06-12, 10:52 AM

Totally awesome! But I hope for a little bit more story.
Oh look - I'm opening my box of care! Oh wait - it's empty!
―Jinx

01-06-12, 11:13 AM

Why did I even bother to watch this thing, somebody stop me.

01-06-12, 11:17 AM

u.u I love the opening song...

Yasuna and the bottle opener sonya-chan are kind of cute x3 but that agiri or whatever ninja girl @.@ her voice made me feel sleepy xD

I'll be watching this slow pace comedy, It was pretty good for me :)

01-06-12, 11:21 AM

Off to a good start. The OP is a genuine Earworm, even if it's nothing special and the show itself screams "low budget", but the characters are enjoyable and the situations they get into quite funny. I like the contrast between Yasuna energetic personality and Sonya's apparent coldness. Can't decide which of the girls I like most, though I'm biased towards Sonya right now.

And J.C. Staff has apparently been watching SHAFT shows a bit much lately. It greatly reminded me of shows like Hidamari Sketch and Pani Poni Dash.

01-06-12, 11:23 AM

Meh, it was OK. Simple yet pretty funny. The ED is pretty catchy too, but the OP and intermissions are weird. Not the best 4 panel adaptation, but I'll give a little more time.

01-06-12, 11:26 AM

Watching this was kind of a struggle, had it been a third of the length instead of 24 min. it would be a nice little gem.

The characters are cute but it just drags along.
It doesn't help that i'm currently watching Nichijou because I can't stop mentally comparing both shows.

No thanks on that OP, the ED is better.
They should have been switched around.

01-06-12, 11:33 AM

i read the 4koma but as an anime for 24 minutes the concept of Sonya inflicting pain can get pretty old. Dont get me wrong i will watch it for the more practical ninjitsu that the show portrays. XD i polled it as I liked the first episode, and i shall be watching for my favorite bits from the 4koma. the puppets one should be fun.

anyway ♪Kill me Baby Kill me Baby ♪

01-06-12, 12:21 PM

I was not that impressed by the first episode, but will keep watching just in case it improves.

01-06-12, 12:22 PM

Bird_Eater said:
Unfortunatly, it's not as good as the manga in my opinion.

Perhaps this kind of series is just not meant to be animated...

this D:
am sorta disappoint
Courtesy of Paul

01-06-12, 12:40 PM

Okay... from the description and cover picture, I thought this would be a cute and funny comedy, but instead, it's just... painful to watch. Also, wtf were they smoking when they made that OP?

This would have been much better as a 3 or 5 minute per episode show IMO.

01-06-12, 1:16 PM

Well... I give every anime that benefit of the doubt and watch the first episode, regardless of how retarded the premise sounds (of course, with the exception of obvious blatant fanservice or BL animes, which I will not watch even if people paid me to watch it)

I'll be frank. A comedy that doesn't make me laugh once fails miserably. I smiled maybe once...
I already have low expectations for this season... Please, I am hoping for another hidden gem...

01-06-12, 1:45 PM

Being that is an adaption of a gag manga, the content is meh and I do not have the attention span to watch this anime version for 24 minutes straight. This adaption would be nicer if the length was shorter (3-5 minutes like others had mentioned). This anime is dropped for the time being.
Vodkaaaa~!

01-06-12, 1:52 PM

That OP...
My ears want to bleed.

The whole time "The fuck?"

01-06-12, 2:07 PM

Not as good as what I was expecting but it was at least a decent start IMO. I never read the manga so I can't really say anything on that part. I will keep watching for now as this is probably something I'd watch if I was bored.

01-06-12, 2:25 PM

Kawarimi no jutsu!

Homestuck said:
Mediocre... but not awful.

Somewhat my opinion too. It really made me laugh on some funny moments... 'cause yes, there really were some funny parts for me. These days there are many animes that can't get even this funny, you know. Like some of the stupid Sket Dance episodes. The humor in this episode was better than the one in many SD eps(not that I don't like SD - I really like it, but sometimes the gags there are awfully-executed). Not to talk about the Record to Randoseru - it's first episode failed hard for me.
So this one was fine with me - even if the funny parts were just few, they were lightheartedly enjoyable.

GarLogan78 said:
This show should only be 3 minutes an episode....I felt like they repeated the same gag 15 times in the first 6 minutes.

You're right here, my thoughts exactly. Even if they go with different gags, I just can't feel too well about watching it 20 consequential minutes (>.<)

Agiri is already my favorite character :D Lol at her shuriken-card :D

Clairvoyance no jutsu!
Modified by Meritas, 01-06-12, 2:43 PM

Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices