Forum Settings
Forums

Bandai Entertainment to Stop Production and Distribution of New Releases

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 6, 2012 4:05 AM

Jul 2011
This might be a simplistic view of things but Bandai doesn't really have anyone to blame but Bandai, do they?

Their releases weren't exactly competitive in the current market so if they had bad sales that would be a major reason why.

An example would be Gundam 00. While other companies were doing 2 part releases they made the first season 3 parts and the second season 4. Went for it myself at first, since I bought the first season, but after that I didn't want to buy another 4 parts. Imagine a lot of other people didn't, either. There are probably more extreme examples, as well, but I don't have one off the top of my head.

The time they took to actually release stuff was probably another factor. You take a really long time with these little part releases then by the time you get to a season version a lot of the more casual fans would have probably already lost interest.

Well, I'm sad to see to see this happen to Bandai but it was kind of expected. In any business you have to adapt or die. Bandai was a dinosaur of a company, in more ways then one, and we all know what happened to the dinosaurs.

The real sad thing is, like with Geneon, a lot of good shows are probably just going to end up getting lost in the shuffle. That bothers me more than anything, to be honest.
Jan 8, 2012 12:23 AM

Dec 2010
Tanrim said:
This might be a simplistic view of things but Bandai doesn't really have anyone to blame but Bandai, do they?

Their releases weren't exactly competitive in the current market so if they had bad sales that would be a major reason why.

An example would be Gundam 00. While other companies were doing 2 part releases they made the first season 3 parts and the second season 4. Went for it myself at first, since I bought the first season, but after that I didn't want to buy another 4 parts. Imagine a lot of other people didn't, either. There are probably more extreme examples, as well, but I don't have one off the top of my head.

The time they took to actually release stuff was probably another factor. You take a really long time with these little part releases then by the time you get to a season version a lot of the more casual fans would have probably already lost interest.

Well, I'm sad to see to see this happen to Bandai but it was kind of expected. In any business you have to adapt or die. Bandai was a dinosaur of a company, in more ways then one, and we all know what happened to the dinosaurs.

The real sad thing is, like with Geneon, a lot of good shows are probably just going to end up getting lost in the shuffle. That bothers me more than anything, to be honest.

That is precisely what might cause their downfall. This is in relation to this thread's topic... Just like what happened to some of their toyline, there was a case wherein, there was this very anticipated adaptation of a popular tokusatsu from Japan known as Kamen Rider Ryuki in the form of Kamen Rider Dragon Knight and guess what happened? They released those toys 5-6 months later and just the first half of the overall 13 Kamen Riders were manufactured. None of the latter half of the 13 were manufactured. If they could've manufactured them earlier, say 2 weeks from the initial airing in 4kids, all of them and probably, the Big Bad General Xaviax and the Advent Master Eubulon could've been made into action. I know this because I saw this going downhill as I was visiting their toysite just 4 days ago and found that Kamen Rider Dragon Knight is no longer around their corner. Furthermore, I saw some threads from tokusatsu fansites like Henshin Justice Unlimited and Rangerboard.

Another thing here in relation to that, is the advertising. I found out that they advertise less if I am not mistaken, and so, they lose the folks that should've gotten it. Let us look at Bandai Japan, they are so aggressive when it comes down to advertisements and deck-to-deck promotions. The moment a goodie is around, they run the show on rampage (uhr... I mean on high edge) and so, CA$H! When it hits, it hits hard on the customers and so, BOJ (Bandai of Japan) has great success.

Now, if only BoA could've done things in a large scale and compete well with Sentai and Funimation like loading up their licensing and promotions with a deck-to-deck performance, then they could've been at a better state now.
Jan 8, 2012 7:07 PM

Aug 2011
Wow -____-
Kinda cheesed...
Jan 16, 2012 5:20 PM
Jan 2012
Not really know where to post about his since im new here but i started to watch anime as nichijou and gurren lagann were the only 2 i've watched and it really bums me out there will be no nichijou, may i get some suggestion? And im guessing nichijou being back is such a slight chance kyoani will have nichijou back?
Jan 17, 2012 10:17 AM
Hawk of Endymion

Oct 2009
Well, sadly Bandai entrainment gets to join ADV & Pioneer/Geneon. That's just great. No Turn a Gundam :(
RYOJI KAJI
[to Shinji] So, I understand you're living with Katsuragi.
SHINJI IKARI
Uh, yeah...
RYOJI KAJI
So, is she still so... wild in bed?
Jan 21, 2012 4:08 AM

Mar 2009
Forest-kun said:
Dammit, why? ;_;

I was looking forward to Nichijou...Why?? T_T

me too !_!
Jan 23, 2012 12:30 PM

Dec 2011
**This is a really, really stupid question, I'm sure... Will I be able to order Gosick directly from Japan and if so, which company owns the title there? I'd look this up on my own if I knew where to look... Thanks for any help!**

Signature:
Jan 27, 2012 11:38 PM

Sep 2010
I still hope Gundam will be released in the US cause didn't I see in the interview that they will be sub-licensers? Does that mean Bandai can get digital rights and give the DVD rights to another company to release physically?

Cause I don't want to pay a kidney for Gundam AGE and Code Geass: Akito when it finally gets a full release and most likely non-subbed on top of that. Legal stream is the next best thing, but I'd rather watch it whenever without waiting for this piece of junk to buffer or having to worry when the stream will expire.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 30, 2012 3:22 PM

Mar 2012
Rakuen42 said:
Dear anime licensors,

Pick up Nichijou. Name your price. Take my money.

Regards,
Rakuen

+Ultimadrago

For real, son.
I will toss my money like a javelin towards their direction.
May 31, 2012 1:29 AM
Jul 2018
Nichijou?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I just started watching this series, and now I release it's US release got nuked?!?! This sucks! I hope someone else picks it up.
May 31, 2012 5:09 AM
Jan 2012
Why are they not doing all this stuff??? Some of them are really famous!!! Are they out of their mind?
Nov 13, 2012 4:13 PM

Aug 2008
Aaah, I was wondering why Gurren Lagann volume 7 took so long... Well, fuck.
Thanks for the info.
Nov 21, 2012 2:24 AM

Sep 2012
madman has licensed nichijou for a R4 (Australian) release for march 2013. DVD only sadly.
link here
Jan 2, 2013 6:55 PM

Mar 2012
eldest said:
madman has licensed nichijou for a R4 (Australian) release for march 2013. DVD only sadly.
link here

I'd love Blu-Ray, but if DVD is all that gets released, I'll take it.
Jan 2, 2013 7:00 PM

Jan 2008
Australia. It's always Australia.

*adds to pile of Australian releases wanted that already consists of Kaiba, Trapeze, Dennou Coil and Usagi Drop*
Jan 3, 2013 12:07 AM

Sep 2012
shame were only getting the dvd, but hell, its nichijou, id buy it if it were VHS, nichijou really needs a western release, it bombed to hell in japan and thats just not right.

Edit, date announced, march 20 for part 1, eps 1-13
eldestJan 3, 2013 1:51 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
42 minutes ago

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
8 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.