MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Deadman wonderland, Second season or what?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
#1
01-01-12, 6:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 17
Just wanted to start a thread about this. For those who have seen it, you know that the ending of deadman wonderland season 1 is incomplete, and leaves an opening for a second season.


So that's the question, will there be a second season? Thoughts.
 
#2
01-01-12, 7:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 65
Gosh, I really do hope so. Deadman Wonderland could have been so great, but then... the ending. I don't actually think there'll be a second season though, because everything suddenly got so rushed when it was about to end. It just needed more screen-time, but I doubt the possibility of a second season, even though I really hope for it.
 
#3
01-01-12, 7:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 215
Horrible sales. It won't happen.
 
#4
01-01-12, 7:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2082
Your best bet is to just pick up the manga. It feels like its in the home stretch as well.
 
#5
01-03-12, 4:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 584
Ehx said:
Horrible sales. It won't happen.


Yes the sales for the anime were not good. So the chance for a second season is slight.
 
#6
03-23-12, 12:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 499
Well i hope for a season 2 :) I may just end up having to read the manga to continue D:

↑Bullshit, ordered 100mbps.. Waiting on technician to fix issue T.T↑
 
#7
04-05-12, 5:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 475
I hope there's one. Aside from the fact that a few important things were left out in S1 that were in the manga, the content from the manga that would be put in S2 would be, in my opinion, quite a bit better than S1. It probably won't happen, but it'd be awesome if it did.
UUUUUNIVERSEEEEEEEEEEEE
 
#8
04-06-12, 7:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5412
InTheBushes321 said:
I hope there's one. Aside from the fact that a few important things were left out in S1 that were in the manga, the content from the manga that would be put in S2 would be, in my opinion, quite a bit better than S1. It probably won't happen, but it'd be awesome if it did.

They simply screwed it up but if they did, a different studio should make it before the same shit happens.
 
#9
04-09-12, 11:13 AM
Forum Moderator
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 10922
Speaking of studios, I really thought something like Bones would've done this. The art style reminds me of some of bone's works for some odd reason. Or maybe it was Gainax... hmm.
 
04-10-12, 4:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 475
Zhou said:
InTheBushes321 said:
I hope there's one. Aside from the fact that a few important things were left out in S1 that were in the manga, the content from the manga that would be put in S2 would be, in my opinion, quite a bit better than S1. It probably won't happen, but it'd be awesome if it did.

They simply screwed it up but if they did, a different studio should make it before the same shit happens.


I mean, I have read the manga. There were changes, but they weren't too bad, and a second season could work, you'd just have to supplement certain things. The ending was kind of wtfrandom, but I honestly think that's because it almost couldn't be helped. If they stopped at an earlier place and not made it awkward, it would have been too short and dragged out, but any farther than they went with S1 would have been too long. I honestly think the awkwardness of S1's ending couldn't have been avoided, and unfortunately, it received bad sales because of it. Almost immediately after S1 ends things started to get far more interesting.

The thing that really confused me why they left out is


Still, i guess there is potential.
UUUUUNIVERSEEEEEEEEEEEE
 
04-16-12, 2:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 25
Honestly, I very much doubt it. This series is, aside from the manga aspect, a very similar copy of Elfen Lied. Only instead of invisible hands they are using blood, which both series have an excruciating amount of. Not that I'm complaining. I enjoyed both series, but found myself hating most of the characters in Elfen Lied, and finding far too many plot holes, i.e. Lack of plot at all in Deadman Wonderland. But as to the original question, I again point to Elfen Lied which was left open in a much more obvious way for a second season, and did not get one. So I very much doubt it.
 
04-20-12, 8:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 112
Eh i would disagree it being like Elfen lied, all of the people who could use powers in elfen lied were girls and this show has a mix of both girls/boys. Not to mention the death matches they are thrown into to survive where elfen lied is is a goofy then super serious switch anime xD

Still a s2 would be nice but the manga is way worth it to read. Wish they updated it more often though =/
 
04-20-12, 8:54 PM
News Moderator
Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 63882
Ye, I'm hoping for a season 2 but the sales...
 
04-27-12, 4:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5426
I've only read till chapter 3 of the manga before watching the anime. And I just completed the anime.

But I'm wondering... did the anime follow the manga?
Cause if its not the case, then there will NOT be a second season

Can't wait to start reading the manga though x3
 
05-02-12, 1:45 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 24
Hope they wait and do a reboot when the manga is finished.
Anyways to much cencoring on the anime, expected a lot of blood and gore but got only minimum, for example the scene where that sado doctor pulls out crows eye.
 
06-10-12, 10:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1149
neopriest said:
Hope they wait and do a reboot when the manga is finished.
Anyways to much cencoring on the anime, expected a lot of blood and gore but got only minimum, for example the scene where that sado doctor pulls out crows eye.


...they can't show shit like that. It's to gruesome even for DVD/BD. It's not uncommon to not show that whether it be live action or animation. In any case, I myself just finished this and, like most, found it to be pretty blah. I suppose that is to be expected when you have less than half the manga animated. With that said, shame it even got an adaptation because the net result of the anime is half a story with the first half not being very good.

Second season is very doubtful.
Credit --> CookingPriest
 
06-27-12, 12:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 419
The thing that pissed me off the most is that the main character never really matured in S1 he kept crying and humiliating himself without any signs of change....exclude that fact that he is 14 and using a power he never even once considered existing, he shouldve had a change of attitude later on in S1 but he didnt...also they purposly left questions at the end like , what trap, who is the new promoter, when will ganta learn the truth, why is she the main one with the virus, who exactly is mockingbird, does the women find out of the new wardens plans, what exactly happened to the old guy.....stuff like that....laaaaaaaaaaame
 
07-05-12, 4:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
_retro_reactive said:
The thing that pissed me off the most is that the main character never really matured in S1 he kept crying and humiliating himself without any signs of change....exclude that fact that he is 14 and using a power he never even once considered existing, he shouldve had a change of attitude later on in S1 but he didnt...also they purposly left questions at the end like , what trap, who is the new promoter, when will ganta learn the truth, why is she the main one with the virus, who exactly is mockingbird, does the women find out of the new wardens plans, what exactly happened to the old guy.....stuff like that....laaaaaaaaaaame


I'm reading the manga and i'm still kinda waiting for Ganta to mature LOL
If it was for Ganta only, this anime would suck. Thankfully it's not just about him. So I'll be waiting for another season.
 
08-05-12, 12:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
"Season 1 of the anime corresponds with the first 21 chapters of the manga. The manga is still ongoing but has been put on hold because the author is on hiatus for pregnancy.

Each manga volume is a collection of four chapters."

[citation needed] but still. There's a good chance that there will be a second season, this is only the beginning.
 
08-12-12, 6:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 63
I really want another season of deadman wonderland but i dont think its gonna happen :(
 
08-12-12, 6:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 5990
I doubt we'll get anything until the manga ends, and I doubt the manga will end until the mangaka comes back from her hiatus, let's hope it's not gonna be left unfinished. Personally I would really love to see Ganta's face when he discovered the horrible truth animated, so yea a 2nd season or even a re-make is always welcomed.
 
08-12-12, 10:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
Its really unlikely that they'll have another season of deadman wonderland because they half-a**ed the first season. But i still hope they have a season to to patch up where the manga left off.
 
08-12-12, 11:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1045
Yukki_Amano said:
Its really unlikely that they'll have another season of deadman wonderland because they half-a**ed the first season. But i still hope they have a season to to patch up where the manga left off.

Ya, I for one was really disappointed in the anime, and if they do make another season, my prediction is that it will begin to stray more and more from the manga.
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
 
08-13-12, 2:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 163
Doubt we will be seeing it anytime soon even if there is going to be one. The mangaka is still on hiatus.
 
08-13-12, 5:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 92
A season 2 is never going to happen unless the DVD sells really well in the US.
Why? Cause 'Deadman wonderland' sold less than 1000 copies in 2011 in Japan.
Yes, less than a thousand!
It was a catastrophic failure.

Source:
http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?p=1972221

Original Japanese Source:
http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/music/3914/1293278942/436

If you are wondering why Deadman Wonderland has all asterisks next to it, that is because the sales were too small to rank (less than 1000). Note that this is for combined sales of both DVD and BD formats, which is just sad.

I'll definitely be buying it to show my support though. I love this anime to bits.
 
08-16-12, 7:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
there is a possibility that there will be a second season since the anime was released in 2011 so it is a bit new-ish. I'll give until the end of this year or all throughout the next to hear some news about the show.
Yet they could decide to just leave it at that unfinished just like many other shows in the past and leave us all to cry in our closets asking ourselves why the world hates me that they won't complete this show for me.
 
08-16-12, 9:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
I agree with u... some people say it might not be a season 2 because of a lot of missing characters.. those characters might've been left out for a reason... like in the anime. they added 'Yoh' and the 'gender confused guy'(forgot name) they were only in 2 to 3 episodes. maybe they didn't add them because if they were they probably wouldn't be anounced no more than 1 ep. and less in that and wouldn't be seen no more til season 2 if that (like a filler character) and just because someone say something to Ganta a cupple of times doesn't mean they focus to the main story, especially if they die shortly in the same ep. they were introduced... they would be more like supporting characters. like Mimi and his 'shadow' were introduced in ep. 1 and was killed by the 'RED MAN' a min and 30 sec. into the anime(which is ok since thats how the story starts and gave the plot meaning and purpose...but just proves my point) they (if any)will more likely get more important roles to be on a season 2(if one).

Also why or even how can people think Shiro's the 'RED MAN'?? I hope people don't think she is because of the outfit she put on after her spout with DW's founder...the RED MAN looks a bit taller with a bit more body volume than Shiro(less Shiro is able to change her height and body vol. at will) 2, the RED MAN's figure shows that the RED MAN"s a guy. 3, the RED MAN can fly which Shiro showed no proof of. 4, we don't even know if Shiro is a Deadman or not. all we know is she has a strange explosive power(she did undergone experiments as a child which is confirmed) as for her 'alternate ego' she was normally like that when she was a kid(also confirmed) and the smiling after killing the DW founder and lookout guards was really normal of anyone who overpowers someone else.Shinji's quote:'Listen kid! Who ever he is I'm not your man!Ya think we're the ONLY 2 Deadman in the world??There's a few of many who can do what we can do...Only $%!# go around thinkin there special!'the only proof is the song Shiro sings

Mod Edit: Double Post Combined.
Modified by rodac, 01-20-14, 9:54 PM
 
08-17-12, 6:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 338
jetstream14 said:
Also why or even how can people think Shiro's the 'RED MAN'?? I hope people don't think she is because of the outfit she put on after her spout with DW's founder...the RED MAN looks a bit taller with a bit more body volume than Shiro(less Shiro is able to change her height and body vol. at will) 2, the RED MAN's figure shows that the RED MAN"s a guy. 3, the RED MAN can fly which Shiro showed no proof of. 4, we don't even know if Shiro is a Deadman or not. all we know is she has a strange explosive power(she did undergone experiments as a child which is confirmed) as for her 'alternate ego' she was normally like that when she was a kid(also confirmed) and the smiling after killing the DW founder and lookout guards was really normal of anyone who overpowers someone else.Shinji's quote:'Listen kid! Who ever he is I'm not your man!Ya think we're the ONLY 2 Deadman in the world??There's a few of many who can do what we can do...Only $%!# go around thinkin there special!'the only proof is the song Shiro sings
With all those hints you still haven't figure it out? I highly suggest you rewatch it and pay attention.

Shiro is indeed The Wretched Egg (Red Man also known as The Wretched Egg)

Here some facts that gonna blow your little mind:

1. Shiro is deeply in love with Ganta and Shiro is lonely in Deadman Wonderland.

2. And there's Aceman, your typical superhero. Shiro don't give a shit about it but since Ganta is a big fan of Aceman, Shiro try to get his attention by posing like Aceman, for more details go watch Ep 7. or go here http://deadmanwonderland.wikia.com/wiki/Ace_Man

3. ''Because Shiro sees herself as Aceman when rescuing someone, the Wretched Egg, her second personality, dresses herself similar to Aceman.''

4. (''the RED MAN looks a bit taller with a bit more body volume than Shiro'')

If a fucking slut is able to change her height by wearing hooker boots, why can't Shiro?

If a skinny nigga is able to look masculine by wearing heavy armor, why can't Shiro?

5. (''the RED MAN's figure shows that the RED MAN"s a guy'')
Because Aceman's a guy.

6. (''the RED MAN can fly which Shiro showed no proof of.'')
Ep 1 Shiro jump off from the top of a building and safely landed without any scratch.

Why do you think Ganta refer to Red Man as Red man? That's because Red Man wearing cape covered in blood ( Deadman. A type of people who can control their blood as they want. If a deadman wearing cape and he spill his blood on his cape, he practically can fly because his blood is his bitch )

7. (''we don't even know if Shiro is a Deadman or not'')
Read the fucking manga.

8. (''Shinji's quote:'Listen kid! Who ever he is I'm not your man!Ya think we're the ONLY 2 Deadman in the world??There's a few of many who can do what we can do...Only $%!# go around thinkin there special!'')
Yup Woodpecker, Crow, Hummingbird, Owl, Albatross, King Fisher, Mockingbird, The Wretched Egg and many others.

9. Dat grin and the song.

Of all people why Red Man choose a middle school student as a Deadman?
Of all students why Red Man choose Ganta?

Does these questions answer your questions?
Modified by FailAtLife, 08-17-12, 8:36 PM
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
 
08-17-12, 7:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2228
jetstream14 said:
Also why or even how can people think Shiro's the 'RED MAN'?? I hope people don't think she is because of the outfit she put on after her spout with DW's founder...the RED MAN looks a bit taller with a bit more body volume than Shiro(less Shiro is able to change her height and body vol. at will) 2, the RED MAN's figure shows that the RED MAN"s a guy. 3, the RED MAN can fly which Shiro showed no proof of. 4, we don't even know if Shiro is a Deadman or not. all we know is she has a strange explosive power(she did undergone experiments as a child which is confirmed) as for her 'alternate ego' she was normally like that when she was a kid(also confirmed) and the smiling after killing the DW founder and lookout guards was really normal of anyone who overpowers someone else.Shinji's quote:'Listen kid! Who ever he is I'm not your man!Ya think we're the ONLY 2 Deadman in the world??There's a few of many who can do what we can do...Only $%!# go around thinkin there special!'the only proof is the song Shiro sings


I'm sorry but i laughed reading this, its pretty clear even with just the smile/laugh that she is i also read the manga



Now on topic, I doubt there will be a season 2, first reason because the sales were poor and the second reason being that the manga is on hiatus so if it is going to happen its not going to happen yet
Modified by jimbob1141, 08-17-12, 7:12 PM
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
 
08-19-12, 10:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 156
they wont make a second season since the manga stopped coming out at chapter 54 or someting
 
08-19-12, 8:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1872
There will most likely be no second season for Deadman Wonderland. Reason being, is that the anime got bad ratings in Japan and they totally messed up the plot. I read the manga, but the anime made everything too rushed at some point, and left the ending in a cliff hanger. They forgot to incorporate (or they ignored) a important character so the story can't really be continued. And even if they produce a second season, season 3 will be on a looooong hiatus because of the manga already being on a long hiatus. Right now the author is pregnant (or maybe she's not anymore) but its going to be a while before she can get back to work on the manga. So I have a bad feeling for the future of Deadman Wonderland itself, which is a bit saddening to me.
 
08-20-12, 9:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 420
Illisible said:
Gosh, I really do hope so. Deadman Wonderland could have been so great, but then... the ending. I don't actually think there'll be a second season though, because everything suddenly got so rushed when it was about to end. It just needed more screen-time, but I doubt the possibility of a second season, even though I really hope for it.


There is definatly a possibility for a second season, it ends exactly where the 14th chapters end. They could just start a second season at chapter 15, I could definatly imagine a seocnd season. they didn't make a original ending, ending exactly where it was suppose to.
 
08-29-12, 9:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 253
Yeah, Quick Qeustion about this show..didn't wanna make a new topic because i was afraid it would be too close to this one, but .is the TV Show actually finished, or is it just on hiatus like the manga, and where were the official announcements that declared the show "over"?
 
09-05-12, 2:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 171
Show's over, no hiatus, awful sales, not the slightest chance of a second season. Now go read the manga and get your mind blown.
 
10-18-12, 3:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 50
@jetstream

I hope by now that you've read the manga and know the truth :) If not i suggest you go read the manga imediately. Its awesome!

HappyRadio3000 said:
Yeah, Quick Qeustion about this show..didn't wanna make a new topic because i was afraid it would be too close to this one, but .is the TV Show actually finished, or is it just on hiatus like the manga, and where were the official announcements that declared the show "over"?

The fact that you can complete it on MAL i guess....

It had terrible sales in Japan and thats how it goes. If it doesnt sale they just drop the show. It has nothing to do with the women who makes the manga getting pregnant, since theres so much material in the manga to adapt it into a whole 2nd season.

Mod Edit: Double post combined and condensed.
Modified by rodac, 01-20-14, 9:57 PM
 
10-23-12, 8:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 566
Just finished the Anime and I hope there's a second season. Ending felt kind of rushed and I like Shiroooooo.
 
11-03-12, 7:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 390
Doing a rematch right now, dammit, can't wait for the manga to start again.
 
12-11-12, 10:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 19
waterflame said:
Show's over, no hiatus, awful sales, not the slightest chance of a second season. Now go read the manga and get your mind blown.


They even stopped with the Manga too... it's been about 5 months and still no new chapter... have any idea when they might start showing it again?
 
12-12-12, 9:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2
YohanTheMonster said:
They even stopped with the Manga too... it's been about 5 months and still no new chapter... have any idea when they might start showing it again?


the mangaka of DW got pregant so that why the manga is on a hiatus. I don't know how long you get paid maternity leave in japan but i guess its at least for 1 year. DW stopped around first quarter 2012. so with a bit luck we get new stuff soon.
 
12-12-12, 11:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 19
MarZeL said:
YohanTheMonster said:
They even stopped with the Manga too... it's been about 5 months and still no new chapter... have any idea when they might start showing it again?


the mangaka of DW got pregant so that why the manga is on a hiatus. I don't know how long you get paid maternity leave in japan but i guess its at least for 1 year. DW stopped around first quarter 2012. so with a bit luck we get new stuff soon.


ahh... i see... hopefully we will...
 
12-17-12, 8:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 36
REALLY looking forward to the possibility of a 2nd season!

Go do a quick poll vote for a 2nd season!

http://deadmanwonderland.wikia.com/wiki/Deadman_Wonderland_Wiki

Bottom right side of page!
 
02-03-13, 5:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 4
everybody that watched the show all agree that there should be a new season but y not tell or convince the producer they should make a new season
 
02-04-13, 1:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2656
I fear season 2 won't happen. We've been waiting for two long now, and DW wasn't that successful in Japan so... Anyway, let's keep hoping.
 
02-06-13, 1:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2869
Mockingbird needs way more screen time
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
 
02-08-13, 6:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 4
there has to be a second season of DW we still don't know if Ganta final finds out who the RED MAN really is or if he gets out or not.

there are a lot of things that we don't know yet about what happens to him
 
02-09-13, 9:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 397
THE MANGA JUST GOT OFF HIATUS!
so the material should keep going long enough for a second season, hopefully

<img src="http://i47.tinypic.com/2mw85l2.jpg" />
 
03-06-13, 4:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 2465
Mentalii said:
I fear season 2 won't happen. We've been waiting for two long now, and DW wasn't that successful in Japan so... Anyway, let's keep hoping.


Idk, we got a second season of Seitokai no Ichizon four years after the debut of the original series. Granted, a different animation company handled it though.

We could see the same from Deadman Wonderland. There could still be a 2nd season...but it's very curious if Manglobe will handle it, or if another animation company would pick it up.
 
04-01-13, 10:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1
s1 was not successful in japan but it was really good in north America, if they make another season it will probably be short and end there. they might even have to restart it because of the left out bits, but don't give your hopes up its better just to read the manga anyway.
 
06-25-13, 9:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2477
Now that the manga's ending I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for news. If there were any plans for it, you'd think the announcement would come some time after the manga ends.
 
07-02-13, 6:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
the author of deadman wonderland is pregnant at the moment so when she has her child(ren) and recovers there will be a new season until then we wait and talk about it
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »