MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Deadman wonderland, Second season or what?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Deadman Wonderland »» Deadman wonderland, Second season or what?

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
01-01-12, 6:52 PM

Just wanted to start a thread about this. For those who have seen it, you know that the ending of deadman wonderland season 1 is incomplete, and leaves an opening for a second season.

So that's the question, will there be a second season? Thoughts.

01-01-12, 7:07 PM

Gosh, I really do hope so. Deadman Wonderland could have been so great, but then... the ending. I don't actually think there'll be a second season though, because everything suddenly got so rushed when it was about to end. It just needed more screen-time, but I doubt the possibility of a second season, even though I really hope for it.

01-01-12, 7:08 PM

Horrible sales. It won't happen.

01-01-12, 7:11 PM

Your best bet is to just pick up the manga. It feels like its in the home stretch as well.

01-03-12, 4:32 PM

Ehx said:
Horrible sales. It won't happen.

Yes the sales for the anime were not good. So the chance for a second season is slight.

03-23-12, 12:37 AM

Well i hope for a season 2 :) I may just end up having to read the manga to continue D:

↑Bullshit, ordered 100mbps.. Waiting on technician to fix issue T.T↑

04-05-12, 5:45 AM

I hope there's one. Aside from the fact that a few important things were left out in S1 that were in the manga, the content from the manga that would be put in S2 would be, in my opinion, quite a bit better than S1. It probably won't happen, but it'd be awesome if it did.
UUUUUNIVERSEEEEEEEEEEEE

04-06-12, 7:58 AM

InTheBushes321 said:
I hope there's one. Aside from the fact that a few important things were left out in S1 that were in the manga, the content from the manga that would be put in S2 would be, in my opinion, quite a bit better than S1. It probably won't happen, but it'd be awesome if it did.

They simply screwed it up but if they did, a different studio should make it before the same shit happens.

04-09-12, 11:13 AM

Speaking of studios, I really thought something like Bones would've done this. The art style reminds me of some of bone's works for some odd reason. Or maybe it was Gainax... hmm.

04-10-12, 4:26 AM

Zhou said:
InTheBushes321 said:

They simply screwed it up but if they did, a different studio should make it before the same shit happens.

I mean, I have read the manga. There were changes, but they weren't too bad, and a second season could work, you'd just have to supplement certain things. The ending was kind of wtfrandom, but I honestly think that's because it almost couldn't be helped. If they stopped at an earlier place and not made it awkward, it would have been too short and dragged out, but any farther than they went with S1 would have been too long. I honestly think the awkwardness of S1's ending couldn't have been avoided, and unfortunately, it received bad sales because of it. Almost immediately after S1 ends things started to get far more interesting.

The thing that really confused me why they left out is

Still, i guess there is potential.
UUUUUNIVERSEEEEEEEEEEEE

04-16-12, 2:31 AM

Honestly, I very much doubt it. This series is, aside from the manga aspect, a very similar copy of Elfen Lied. Only instead of invisible hands they are using blood, which both series have an excruciating amount of. Not that I'm complaining. I enjoyed both series, but found myself hating most of the characters in Elfen Lied, and finding far too many plot holes, i.e. Lack of plot at all in Deadman Wonderland. But as to the original question, I again point to Elfen Lied which was left open in a much more obvious way for a second season, and did not get one. So I very much doubt it.

04-20-12, 8:24 PM

Eh i would disagree it being like Elfen lied, all of the people who could use powers in elfen lied were girls and this show has a mix of both girls/boys. Not to mention the death matches they are thrown into to survive where elfen lied is is a goofy then super serious switch anime xD

Still a s2 would be nice but the manga is way worth it to read. Wish they updated it more often though =/

04-20-12, 8:54 PM

Ye, I'm hoping for a season 2 but the sales...

04-27-12, 4:02 PM

I've only read till chapter 3 of the manga before watching the anime. And I just completed the anime.

But I'm wondering... did the anime follow the manga?
Cause if its not the case, then there will NOT be a second season

Can't wait to start reading the manga though x3

05-02-12, 1:45 PM

Hope they wait and do a reboot when the manga is finished.
Anyways to much cencoring on the anime, expected a lot of blood and gore but got only minimum, for example the scene where that sado doctor pulls out crows eye.

06-10-12, 10:00 AM

neopriest said:
Hope they wait and do a reboot when the manga is finished.
Anyways to much cencoring on the anime, expected a lot of blood and gore but got only minimum, for example the scene where that sado doctor pulls out crows eye.

...they can't show shit like that. It's to gruesome even for DVD/BD. It's not uncommon to not show that whether it be live action or animation. In any case, I myself just finished this and, like most, found it to be pretty blah. I suppose that is to be expected when you have less than half the manga animated. With that said, shame it even got an adaptation because the net result of the anime is half a story with the first half not being very good.

Second season is very doubtful.

06-27-12, 12:22 AM

The thing that pissed me off the most is that the main character never really matured in S1 he kept crying and humiliating himself without any signs of change....exclude that fact that he is 14 and using a power he never even once considered existing, he shouldve had a change of attitude later on in S1 but he didnt...also they purposly left questions at the end like , what trap, who is the new promoter, when will ganta learn the truth, why is she the main one with the virus, who exactly is mockingbird, does the women find out of the new wardens plans, what exactly happened to the old guy.....stuff like that....laaaaaaaaaaame
Signature removed. Please consult your PM for more details.

07-05-12, 4:31 PM

_retro_reactive said:
The thing that pissed me off the most is that the main character never really matured in S1 he kept crying and humiliating himself without any signs of change....exclude that fact that he is 14 and using a power he never even once considered existing, he shouldve had a change of attitude later on in S1 but he didnt...also they purposly left questions at the end like , what trap, who is the new promoter, when will ganta learn the truth, why is she the main one with the virus, who exactly is mockingbird, does the women find out of the new wardens plans, what exactly happened to the old guy.....stuff like that....laaaaaaaaaaame

I'm reading the manga and i'm still kinda waiting for Ganta to mature LOL
If it was for Ganta only, this anime would suck. Thankfully it's not just about him. So I'll be waiting for another season.

08-05-12, 12:42 PM

"Season 1 of the anime corresponds with the first 21 chapters of the manga. The manga is still ongoing but has been put on hold because the author is on hiatus for pregnancy.

Each manga volume is a collection of four chapters."

[citation needed] but still. There's a good chance that there will be a second season, this is only the beginning.

08-12-12, 6:23 PM

I really want another season of deadman wonderland but i dont think its gonna happen :(

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices