Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 5, 2012 3:21 AM
Oct 2009
just one word , EPIC
IMO I really like this F/P more than FSN
I really hope they will make the series or ova
Jan 5, 2012 6:01 AM

Jun 2010
Saber is better as a female.
And I'd prefer a Heaven's Feel route over this.
Jan 5, 2012 8:36 AM

Jul 2011
This one more male...i need harem..demn
Jan 5, 2012 11:52 AM

Oct 2009
CrimsonLight said:
A darker plot than Fate/Stay Night which looks enjoyable?
Make a TV series out of this!

But only with the same seiyuu cast!
Jan 5, 2012 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
This totally looked like a trailer for new series.
Jan 5, 2012 4:41 PM

Jan 2012
Personally I think Fate prototype has potential to be a great anime series or at least a 3 or 4 ovas. As like many have said already, I think this was just a teaser to see if the fans like it or not before they make an anime on it.

Otherwise, I think it was just a waste of money to spend on this 12 minute special if they are not going to expand it
Jan 6, 2012 3:23 AM

Jan 2008
The story would be way different then FNS. For example, Gilgamesh, while still Archer, is not an actual enemy. He's more neutral and is Saber's rival. He would even help them defeat Berserker. He wouldn't have the annoying superriority complex, and wouldn't use the word "mongrels" in each sentence. Plus, he's much more badass, fighting with swords himself. Also, I think his armor is more fitting for Gilgamesh then a full body armor. Think about it, back then, everyone is thought to wear togas, and nobody wore full body anything.
Jan 6, 2012 12:12 PM

Aug 2007
Would definitely watch this if it became a real series.
Jan 6, 2012 12:49 PM

Feb 2010
For a moment it really looked like a trailer, i would definitely watch a series of this.

archer being an actual archer... that's cool.
Jan 6, 2012 12:53 PM
Dec 2007
DmonHiro said:
The story would be way different then FNS. For example, Gilgamesh, while still Archer, is not an actual enemy. He's more neutral and is Saber's rival. He would even help them defeat Berserker. He wouldn't have the annoying superriority complex, and wouldn't use the word "mongrels" in each sentence. Plus, he's much more badass, fighting with swords himself. Also, I think his armor is more fitting for Gilgamesh then a full body armor. Think about it, back then, everyone is thought to wear togas, and nobody wore full body anything.
I certainly doubt a Gilgamesh without a superiority complex can exist (he's always been depicted as a tyrant who even thought himself better than the gods) but his armor in FSN is indeed anachronistic and out of place for his era.

Jan 6, 2012 1:14 PM

Jan 2008
I didn't mean he would have it at all. I mean it wouldn't be as bad. There's no way Gilgamesh, the king of the world, wouldn't be a little arrogant. But to keep that up 24/7 was a little annoying.

PS: I Goddamn want that goddamn music. Where do I get it?
DmonHiroJan 6, 2012 1:18 PM
Jan 6, 2012 1:50 PM

Dec 2010
DmonHiro said:

In Nasuverse, Uruk was a technologically superior civilzation. So yeah, he'd wear full plating. If not for anything but to show off his status as king. That's the only thing that hasn't really changed, Uruk was somehow a superpower that had a monopoly on artifacts.

Also, I like how his two swords function as his bow. That was incredibly awesome. Never saw that coming, and it was pretty epic.

But who was berserker?
Jan 6, 2012 3:55 PM

Feb 2011
nedstark1990 said:
I really want a real series of this

ME TOO it looked really good. much better then FSN
Jan 6, 2012 9:01 PM

May 2010
There was some GREAT stuff in there. Would love to see a couple OVAs or even a series. Although the prototype Emiya is.. eww XD. Though her magic was kewl. :>

~ Love knows no boundaries ~ -- Thanks to -Luzifer- for the signature.
Jan 6, 2012 9:16 PM
Dec 2007
*sigh* It's more of a prototype RIn than a proto Emiya. Emiya Shirou, as he was in the visual novel was created more or less from scratch. The Visual Novel went through many edits to end up as it did. From what I can tell the Ayaka/Arthur relation was more of a protected/protector than Shirou and Arturia's.

Jan 7, 2012 3:45 AM

Jun 2009
This really deserves a series of its own. It's very magnificent and much darker.
Jan 7, 2012 11:13 AM
Jan 2012
But if they make this into a series, will UBW appear in Fate/Prototype?
Okay though if they decided to make Ayaka being GAR and uses Dark magic or Reality Marble to fight alongside Saber once or twice. Better make it an effin epic than UBW lol.
Jan 7, 2012 12:58 PM

Sep 2007
Oh wow, why couldn't FSN be this good?

Keeping Arthuria ( > Arthur) but replacing Shiro with this girl they could have eliminated half the problems the FSN anime had.

Now I want a FSN remake. A proper version of it, like this and Fate/Zerp.
Jan 7, 2012 1:14 PM

Sep 2008
OMFG!!!! GIVE ME WHOLE SERIES!!!
MOVIES, SERIES, FIGURES, POSTERS! I WANT MOAR!!!
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Jan 8, 2012 7:50 PM

May 2010
I would totally watch this, and I'd probably prefer it to a remake of FSN just because FSN I've already seen. I do think though that FSN is an improvement on this prototype. I always thought making King Arthur a female was actually brilliant, and unlike most people I enjoyed Emiya. Sure, he was a sexist dick, but I sort of thought it made him more interesting. Like, if you have to pick a character fault, would you prefer the more generic social anxiety or cowardice that we usually get? Anyways, the prototype's still awesome and I want to see it now.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jan 8, 2012 8:58 PM
Dec 2007
Seabury said:
I would totally watch this, and I'd probably prefer it to a remake of FSN just because FSN I've already seen. I do think though that FSN is an improvement on this prototype. I always thought making King Arthur a female was actually brilliant, and unlike most people I enjoyed Emiya. Sure, he was a sexist dick, but I sort of thought it made him more interesting. Like, if you have to pick a character fault, would you prefer the more generic social anxiety or cowardice that we usually get? Anyways, the prototype's still awesome and I want to see it now.
He was actually not as much of a feminist dick in UBW or Heaven's Feel. In fact, he was very proactive in the war in Heaven's Feel and allowed Saber a lot more freedom.

Jan 9, 2012 8:03 PM

Jan 2011
I was a bit disappointed, but the fact for me was that FSN was where all the polishing of the story's coolest points were.
Jan 10, 2012 6:38 PM

Sep 2008
Wow. I admit I really wish this became a tv show or VN. Seems like Gil (if that's him) is way less overpowered, Excalibur is actually scary even to him, Saber is male (whole Arturia thing annoyed me to no end) and even protagonist girl seems to be quite interesting.

Pitty it will 99.9% never be made into anything else except this. Real pitty.
Jan 10, 2012 9:46 PM
Oct 2010
I loved it actually, I loved the darker tone/story and gig's look more. Though I agree making saber a woman was way more interesting and it actually adds quite a bit of depth to character. I liked how gilga's swords formed a bow, I thought that was pretty cool.

I didn't like a couple of things though, for starters I did not like how powerful excalibur was, I mean blowing up an entire city? Breaking lancer's lance in one blow? That was a bit too powerful for my taste. I also didn't like the fact that they did not cameo all the servants/masters to a larger degree.
Jan 12, 2012 11:38 PM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Therefore 10/10.
LOL?!?!?!?

*Falls out of chair laughing*

Nice MALgraph.

My anime rating distribution

10 - █████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 120 (12%)
09 - ██████████████████████████████ - 415 (42%)
08 - ████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 216 (22%)
07 - ████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 044 *(4%)
06 - ███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 033 *(3%)
05 - ████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 098 (10%)
04 - ███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 028 *(3%)
03 - ██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 025 *(3%)
02 - █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 011 *(1%)
01 - █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 003 *(0%)

rated anime: 993; mean score: 7.93

(generated with MALgraph on Jan 13th, 2012)
Jan 13, 2012 11:43 PM
Aug 2010
Way too short to really say anything about it. Seems promising but the FSN game is hard to live up to though.

Seems Gil's obsession with female Saber came from his obsession with Sayaka, interesting.

Male Saber reminds me a lot of Flynn from "Tales of Vesperia" and judging for his use of the pronoun "boku," his personality is probably similar too; "prince" indeed. Unfortunately for Archer fanboys though, he probably nothing like Archer.
Jan 15, 2012 4:00 AM

May 2011
Watched it with the horrible fast-subs. Male Saber does look really promising. Though the OVA seemed way more darker than fate stay night. Maybe its actually good that they altered many things else who knows what more dark stuff the series if at all ever made would contain >.< . And no offense to anyone when I say this cause it was for me a bit disturbing to watch.

But then again it would be delightful to see a male saber in an alternative fate universe.
Jan 15, 2012 6:37 PM

Nov 2007
the subs were so horrible it w as rather unwatchable. seems like this would be more for female viewers. it wasn't bad, seemed to have potential but who knows if it would go anywhere.
Jan 16, 2012 3:48 AM

Oct 2010
DraconisMarch said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Therefore 10/10.
LOL?!?!?!?

*Falls out of chair laughing*

Nice MALgraph.

My anime rating distribution

10 - █████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 120 (12%)
09 - ██████████████████████████████ - 415 (42%)
08 - ████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 216 (22%)
07 - ████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 044 *(4%)
06 - ███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 033 *(3%)
05 - ████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 098 (10%)
04 - ███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 028 *(3%)
03 - ██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 025 *(3%)
02 - █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 011 *(1%)
01 - █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 003 *(0%)

rated anime: 993; mean score: 7.93

(generated with MALgraph on Jan 13th, 2012)
Yeah so I was very impressed. That's all. Yeah my score are like that. However few are in the 10s.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 17, 2012 5:25 PM

Apr 2009
*jumps up and down with hand raised*

Ooh, ooh, male Saber! Pick me! Be my servant! I'm a meganekko too!

Seriously though, it'd be nice to see how this would've turned out. Hey, male Saber can actually say Excalibur pretty well. The 'ex' part actually sounded like it should and not 'ekusu'.

Jan 17, 2012 10:04 PM

Mar 2009
Wow, maybe I'm just spoiled by Fate/Zero, but I thought that was... crap? LOL. Well, shit subs aside, the animation left a lot to be desired, but I guess it doesn't really matter since it's just a 10 minute animation anyway.

Some of my thoughts:

- Saber sounds like a pansy.
- Saber looks like a pansy.
- Saber's not much taller than his master.
- Why do Lancers all look the same?
- I like Archer's hair more than Gilgamesh's.
- Rider looks like a pansy.
- Indifferent about Saber's Master, but she can't be worse than douchebag Shirou.
- Not digging the teenage Master thing.

I guess I just like Urobuchi more than Nasu.
Jan 23, 2012 4:43 PM

Jun 2008
I'd be interested in seeing more.
Jan 23, 2012 5:22 PM

May 2010
i keep trying to figure out how i watched this last month with subs when UTW just subbed it today..
Jan 23, 2012 5:53 PM
Dec 2007
TrueUchiha said:
i keep trying to figure out how i watched this last month with subs when UTW just subbed it today..
Different and sloppier sub group did it first.

Jan 23, 2012 5:58 PM
Aug 2009
I get the feeling this is following the recent trend of putting out a teaser OVA as the preview for a full series later that year (re Black Rock Shooter/Mirai Nikki). Might just be wishful thinking, but it just appears to me that that's the goal of this OVA. That and I can't believe they would have that kind of voice cast and only make 1 12 minute episode. Hope I'm right...
Jan 23, 2012 6:17 PM

Jan 2010
hellfiredragon said:
I can't believe they would have that kind of voice cast and only make 1 12 minute episode. Hope I'm right...

Same. I would love to watch this.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Jan 23, 2012 6:22 PM

Dec 2008
this felt more like a preview of something to come than just a teaser showing what stay night would have been, i would definitely watch a TV/OVA series of this...and moar carnival phantasm too
Jan 23, 2012 10:19 PM

Nov 2009
I don't care how overused Hanazawa Kana is, she fits PERFECTLY in this role.
Jan 23, 2012 11:54 PM

Dec 2010
Okay, I just finished watching this after the last 4 hilarious episodes of Carnival Phantasm and I am highly astounded by this OVA. I admit, this looked way darker and edgier than the finished product (Fate/ Stay Night) and am so highly pumped to see this in action. Truth here is, I am leaning forward to this version of FATE for the way it was done.
Jan 24, 2012 6:38 AM

Apr 2009
It was pretty much a mess unless it's considered just a peek at what the original version was like. It was kind of interesting to see but, yeah.
Jan 24, 2012 7:42 AM

Feb 2010
What the hell did I just watched? :(

So I can consider this as a PV.. right?

Spin-off series please.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jan 24, 2012 11:40 AM

Aug 2007
Yohoho, make me a female version of all the Fate/series. The intro of this Saber is pretty weak, but yet more the shoujo appearance, dashing to the rescue of the princess as a white-clad knight. First 5 episodes were awesome, then a lot of text appeared and it got all too confussling and ah, my mind just went boom. Likeable.

Archer, that bow and that attack. Me gusta.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jan 24, 2012 1:53 PM

Nov 2010
Very promising.
It has a different feel as well.
To me it steps up to even more serious level compared to Fate/Zero.
Jan 24, 2012 2:58 PM
Dec 2007
VictimOfFate said:
It was pretty much a mess unless it's considered just a peek at what the original version was like. It was kind of interesting to see but, yeah.
There's actually a hell of a lot of Prototype material, including the original 4th Grail war of Prototype, Ayaka's sister, the truth of the Holy Grail (different from how it ended up), at least 6 confirmed Masters/Servants including Ayaka. It seems pretty damn well thought out to be just a teaser of what it could have been. Wouldn't even be surprised if they actually went and did it as an alternate retelling.

Jan 24, 2012 6:26 PM

Dec 2007
A trailer... it was OK I guess. Can't really rate it high since it's just a trailer...
Jan 25, 2012 6:35 PM

Sep 2007
Want....this as a full-blown spin-off NOW!!!!
D=
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 25, 2012 9:20 PM

Jan 2012
personally, i liked this original idea better. It took the darker way rather than FSN's romantic way. At least they giving us "that genre" now with Fate Zero.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jan 26, 2012 12:13 AM
Aug 2007
FULL-ADAPTATION, PLEASE.

Hanazawa Kana as the MC? Oh god, yes.
Jan 27, 2012 1:42 AM

Aug 2008
Pretty creepy.
But I guess if you've played the original VN, and know a thing or two from Nasu's universe, then you won't be getting the "WTF was this *hit?!" feeling after having had watched this.
The plot could be awesome and really epic from what I saw though, so the potential IS there.
Jan 27, 2012 7:51 AM

Jan 2010
To_aru_Oni said:
FULL-ADAPTATION, PLEASE.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What if the two Sabers meet for the first time?

Otaku-Ninja - Apr 10, 2012

13 by -Mahesvara »»
Aug 15, 2017 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.