Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jun 7, 2015 12:19 PM

Feb 2015
Man Seiba should of always been a male this guy doesn't annoy the fuck out of me and is pretty cool, I also liked how Archer class used a bow for once.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2015 11:34 PM
Jun 2015
Type-Moon should expand their audience choice to both male and female audiences , for example , make this a visual novel targeted towards the female audience , that way it would have a balance that both male and female are suitable to play FSN and not just males . More over , I think the love story in this version would be more shoujo-ish rather than Shounen so it does appeal to both female and male. I personally think that as a girl, I would really prefer this version rather than the current version as it seems more darker ,and it makes more sense since Archer isn't that Over Powered here ( Which isn't fair for the other servants in the current version cause he practically doesn't really fight as in using swords or bow fight, which makes him seem a little useless if he were to really fight in one on one combat), besides it has Bishounens and Arthur is voiced by Takahiro Sakurai XDD
SakahinaMelonJun 9, 2015 2:03 AM
Sep 14, 2015 5:35 AM

Aug 2014
Wouldn't mind seeing a full series. Saw some things I liked (Servant designs, Master/Servant hierarchy), some things I didn't (Priest, difference in Arthur and Arturia's personality, apparent lack of human male love interests), and some things I was neutral on. All-in-all, would watch.
Sep 28, 2015 4:26 AM

Oct 2012
Interesting concept. I don't mind it being full series. The graph and story are really promising. And the male version of saber is voiced by Sakurai-san.

Oct 14, 2015 11:13 PM

Jun 2014
Damn. I didn't know Lerche could make quality animation even back then. I was seriously impressed by how well-animated Episode 12 of MonMusu was, and this was almost on par with that.
Dec 25, 2015 6:27 PM

Sep 2015
I went full emo because they changed this and Arthur was a hottie.

You just lost the game
Feb 17, 2016 5:16 AM

Nov 2015
Wow, this was amazing! I'd love to watch an alternative universe based on this Fate/Prototype.
Yes, it's not the same Gilgamesh but, anyway, we have THAT Saber! All those battles looked so epic and dark!

Too bad it ignited my hype for nothing. Well, there are novels about Fate/Prototype (which I'm going to read)
but an anime adaptation would be great. Even in this 12 min OVA they explained the grail and the fact it is corrupted.

Yes, the MC doesn't look appealing, or interesting, but you could expect her to become something else
(and, yeah....sure there would be romance between her and saber...mark that =.= )
Feb 17, 2016 7:05 AM

May 2014
This should be the next Fate TV series
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 29, 2016 5:06 PM
Aug 2013
Interesting concept, hearing male Saber saying "Excalibur" and seeing Gilgamesh made this quite worthwile.
May 10, 2016 9:01 AM

Jan 2012
Well I'm glad that this was only the prototype... That kind of protag kind of irritates me. Shirou already makes me want to smack him as it is ^^"
May 10, 2016 9:05 AM

Jul 2015
Mayuka said:
CookingPriest said:

No. Just no.

yes

When even the most avid anti-ufoUBW individual objects ,no one can argue .
SodiumChlorideMay 10, 2016 9:11 AM
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jun 11, 2016 2:10 PM

Nov 2008
This actually looked really interesting! Pity it's only an OVA. I full-fledged anime would be nice!
Jun 12, 2016 7:30 PM

Jun 2013
It actually looks more interesting than the original Fate/Stay. Too bad no one produced this as TV anime instead we got a bunch of Fate/zeros with different routes.
Jun 25, 2016 11:42 PM

Jun 2012
Not bad. But lancer is too weak, the hell was that.
Jul 2, 2016 1:14 PM

Jan 2008
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Not bad. But lancer is too weak, the hell was that.

He's weak because he does not have Gae Bolg. In Prototype, Gae Bolg was even more OP, so it was sealed by his master the second he came.
Aug 19, 2016 1:36 PM

Apr 2014
I kind of liked male Saber. Would love to see a real TV anime production.
Sep 17, 2016 3:00 PM

Jul 2013
After rewatching this again, I feel weird because everyone is fapping thinking in male Seibah and Gilgamesh, but the character who interest me the most of this is the crazy priest with Dio's voice.
Nov 2, 2016 10:46 PM

Aug 2016
Eh. Not sure if/how many have already mentioned this. But this being so popular in the positive sense kind of bothered me. The female Saber was a believable twist to history and she doesn't scream "generic shoujo character" in unrealistic armor. Most of the Heroes scream it in this version. That's Lancer's gimmick, gtfo. In this universe BG Rin and BG Saber don't exist. The Fate/Zero Rider (Best Guy) is gone too. All minuses. Archer now looks ridiculous. The concept of him being the ACTUAL Archer in UTW was suppose to be a twist in of itself. Hence the outlandish concept of how he was actually an Archer with his abilities.

It was also a lot more interesting to imagine his massive vault of heroic/legendary weapons just being hurled like phantom projectiles.
Because what's more imaginative? A cheap looking magical bow that fires cheap looking magical arrows from orbit from a barely armored "Warrior King of Heroes" from legend: because a king has ever been portrayed this way.
Or the fully gold-plated sinister King of Heroes with a massive vault of HIS own treasure to use HOWEVER he wants. Be it pulling out his favorite wine, a frikking magical airship or every legendary weapon known to date, including his own personal "Ea".

The only thing this really had going for it was the Ryougi Shiki lookalike MC seemingly flashing her cleavage each time she summoned the unrealistically armored generic shoujo male Saber. Lol.. Shirou is finally gone. Idfc if that's means his badass Heroic Spirit goes with him, so long as we can get rid of him. The voice of male Saber can at least imitate the "real" Saber's "EX.. CALIBUR" fairly well. But those minor pluses don't really make this rendition any better or worthwhile.

But opinions, of course. I'm sure everyone that loves this idea loved Re:Zero. Which is... fine. By all means, make Fate into a shoujo with a joke of darkness in the background. At least they didn't go full hentai in the one they actually went with. It at least felt serious through-out for the most part. I can't take these characters seriously.
SaigoKenseiNov 2, 2016 10:53 PM
"To be Great is to be misunderstood." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
SaigoKensei said:
My mistake was assuming they had the same amount of information I had..
Dec 12, 2016 11:31 AM

Jul 2014
This was far better than Fate/Stay and UBW, weird.
Also I dont care about those petty "but Fate/Stay and UBW were original with twists" fck that, I had a hard time swallowing the shit Fate gave me with Arthur turning out to be a woman, that was not cool, Im a big fan of Arthur so I wasnt that hyped hearing about a show that turned the badass knight into a woman that history made out to be man.
-StrayDec 12, 2016 11:35 AM
Feb 23, 2017 5:21 AM

Mar 2011
I'm actually grateful that this wasn't turned into a series, because I'd rather not see fanart of Ayaka and Saber together, for reasons.
sign me the FUCK up 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit
Jun 25, 2017 3:22 AM

Jul 2009
Good concept. Though I really prefer on what we got. Saber as female, Rin's design etc.

I thought Sayaka was supposed to be Sakura since a lot of expectations were put on to her, but she couldn't handle it. Also is this route was supposed to be Heaven's Feel?? The new VA sounds cool though!! Especially Gilgmesh voiced by Yuuichi Nakamura.

Yeah the OVA is a lot darker and more in line with Zero. I actually don't mind revisiting this concept and making it a "Fate If" Anime where what would happen if the original concept was accepted.

But after they do Heaven's Feel and Hollow Ataraxia first.
Aug 31, 2017 7:21 AM

Jun 2016
This'd have made a nice anime. Too much wasted potential. Keep Shriou and take male Saber, that's what Fate series should've had. No bullshit romantic interactions that ruin many shows. Instead, having focus on action and story would've been great.

What a waste.
Oct 20, 2017 5:58 PM

Aug 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaeA_xjMR_w

Only a 12-minute OVA so far, which I didn't expect to be good, but now I acknowledge that this seems very interesting! Though I would want the artwork to be better, I hope it will be made into a TV series. THIS female protagonist and THIS male Saber appeal to me. They seem more real. Please get to work animating this series, Ufotable​!
Oct 28, 2017 10:13 AM

Feb 2014
This + Saber (Arthuria) and Rin = Masterpiece (or at least would be better than the original FSN and maybe UBW)
Nov 5, 2017 9:00 PM

Aug 2014
Male saber look well like a homo to me but I would take it since Arthur is a male anyway, keep it real, female protagonist is not my thing so scrap her with rin and put shirou as MC
Jan 25, 2018 5:13 PM

Oct 2016
I can't give this "episode" more than 3 out 5. Male Arthur is much more faithful to the real legend than female Saber could ever be. And he's bloody handsome, exquisite. F**k. He belongs in the top 10 of hottest anime guys. Sure he does. Female Saber falls short in many ways. I guess I just don't like her too much. I consider Shirou better than this girl, though. Sure, he can be annoying and an idiot but I prefer his personality.

For the rest, I really hated all the Christian mythology present in this "thing" as it has really nothing to do with Japanese culture, doesn't make sense to associate it with magick and I just don't like it. It rubs me off the wrong way. In many ways.

This is why the 3/5. I wish this had been a season so I could expand this score.
Feb 15, 2018 9:58 PM

Aug 2013
Of all the female seiyuus to choose from they chose fvcking Hanakana for the mc.
I hope they pick a more tolerable voice if they do adapt the novels at some point.
Mar 24, 2018 6:05 AM

Nov 2013
while i love Arturia, i think i would totally enjoy this version as well, but with just 10 minutes of random scenes i can't really give this an high score lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 7, 2018 3:18 PM

Oct 2012
I hope..

that after heavens feel is over

that they go back to this

I wanna see this become a full length anime

that or Re-do the fate arc anime. Dear God..
Apr 19, 2018 10:05 PM
Apr 2018
I want this to be a full thing. Why can we not have this yet?
Sep 5, 2018 11:49 AM
May 2017
I loved the Saber male and female MC.
Archer using bow finally.
I would love a real series created in this way. Maybe a pre-Fate/Zero war.
Dec 29, 2018 6:28 AM
Jan 2017
I dont really understan whats going on in this OVA
Apr 15, 2019 5:32 PM

Dec 2014
I really want this as a full series, make it happend, i want to see Culainn and Gilgamesh in ever form that exist, take my money. Also Arthur is a cutie pie, make it happend please god.
Jun 21, 2019 7:25 AM

Dec 2018
Whether female or male, King Arthur will always be a teenager ,in Fate at least.

He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 29, 2019 6:55 AM

Jul 2014
Looking back at this ova... yeah.. I really feel like we were robbed of something amazing.
Sep 30, 2019 12:07 PM

Dec 2014
well nice OVA...is all I would but still confusing
Dec 15, 2019 9:49 PM

Nov 2019
This was great
8/10
Apr 15, 2020 3:39 AM
Sep 2019
I didn't understand most of it.
Jun 10, 2020 1:29 PM
Jan 2018
This should totally get it’s own full anime series. I mean it was absolutely amazing. If they do make a full series of this then they should make a spin-off anime series of Fate/Labyrinth.
Jul 9, 2020 2:12 AM
Jul 2018
...I'm still wishing for a real Fate/Prototype anime adaptation. Crossing fingers we'll get one one day!
Mar 31, 2021 4:04 AM

Aug 2019
honestly if this was adapted to a full anime I definitely would end up giving it a higher score than UBW or Zero
Aug 31, 2021 8:41 AM
May 2020
King Arthur should be like this in all the fate series, and why did they change him to female?
EruvaNyanOct 24, 2022 5:55 AM
Sep 14, 2022 9:49 AM

Mar 2007
Pretty interesting alternate idea of Fate/Stay Night. Animation is not as fluid but some of the concepts are interesting. I would totally watch a version with Male Arthur.
Aug 18, 2023 10:02 AM

Apr 2022
Not much to say from just 12 minutes but I'm sure it would be entertaining to watch if only they completed, specially male Arthur and female MC dynamic. Also there were atleats two crazy ladies, too bad we didn't get much of them. 

Something about Gilgamesh's design here is so off tho, it just doesn't gives the right vibes of the King he is.

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» What if the two Sabers meet for the first time?

Otaku-Ninja - Apr 10, 2012

13 by -Mahesvara »»
Aug 15, 2017 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.