MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Manga Discussion [SPOILERS]
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» The Mysterious World - Pandora Hearts Fandom! »» Manga Discussion [SPOILERS]

Must be a Club Member to Reply
Pages (3) -1.4 -0.4 [0.6] 1.6 2.6 » ... Last »
01-02-12, 11:23 PM

Ah, I forgot about Vince!!! >O
Yes, he is the first HeadHunter. Humpty Dumpty was only imitating the Queen of Hearts.

01-02-12, 11:57 PM

Uhm.. Does anybody remember if Celia Baskerville was shown in manga? I can't remember how she looks like. I even can't remember what she did there, but on her page it is written that she was Humpty Dumpty's contractor 100 years ago. I think about her appearance because of her name: change letter's order and you will get "Alice" or "Lacie" and while Alice and Lacie look very similar (and we think that Lacie is mother of Alice and Alyss), Celia also can be one more looking-like-they. Maybe she was also involved in that story.. Or in Glen's experiment.. Or maybe she is mother of Lacie and Oswald? o_O

01-03-12, 12:04 PM
Manga Moderator
Wasn't Celia that old woman at the beginning of last chapter? I know that Fallen Syndicate translated her name as "Jiri"(or something like that) but in the scanlation made by Chuu Transltions it's "Celia". In Polish scanlation it's also Celia not Jiri.

01-03-12, 5:39 PM

Thank you both for Humpty Dumpty's explanations. ^o^

@Miss_Tangerine She wasn't shown yet - unless she really is the one Sow mentioned -, it was only said that she showed her chain to someone I don't remember.
@Sow I don't know about Celia/Jiri, I guess only someone who really knows japanese can confirm to us, though sometimes a japonese word can be read more than one way. However, portuguese scanlation translated the name as Celia as well.

And if another Alice-looking character happens to appear I want it to have short hair, kinda like Leo's, but shorter. <3 Or else I'll start getting tired of so many Alice's.

01-03-12, 11:16 PM

Oh, I just one more time opened latest chapter to check that old woman's name.. So, in russian translation she is Celia.

01-05-12, 7:57 AM

Oh, then that old woman is Celia? O.o It makes sense, since that old woman has to keep "an eye on Baskervilles and on Glen in particular" and Humpty Dumpty has to protect Glen…

Well, I'm going to say my theories about Lacie too XD , first I thought too that Lacie was the Will of the Abyss, but now I think that maybe she's not... I think maybe Lacie is the older sister of Alice and Will... One of the reasons why I think this is because I think Alice was already born before Lacie was sacrified to the abyss, and because Oswald and Lacie are brothers, we know that Lacie has red eyes, but Oswald has purple eyes! Just like Alice! But like someone said time in the abyss flows different, so Lacie may be Alice's mother.. Or, she can be the mother of Vince and Gil. But I don't think Jack is the father, Glen has more probabilities of being..
Well, those are just my theories, they may be wrong :/ , just Mochizuki Jun-sensei knows XD

01-05-12, 10:35 AM
Manga Moderator
Or maybe Alice and Will already existed before and weren't in anyway connected with Lacie. Maybe they are the core of the Abyss? And Glen's little experiment was a try to give them a body so that's why Lacie was touching her stomach? As in somehow they managed to transfer the core into Lacie's body but didn't know that it's made of two persons. And later only one of the girls could be 'outside' of the Abyss beacuse they shared one body. When Alice 'died' the body become hers because she was 'occupying' it at the moment of it's death.
Okay, this makes more sense when I'm just thinking about it. I just don't know how to write it...

01-05-12, 11:23 AM

Sow said:
When Alice 'died' the body become hers because she was 'occupying' it at the moment of it's death.

Well, but Alyss has a body too. And Lacie was just one.

01-05-12, 7:12 PM

Body of Alyss might be not usual human body. She can turn into the white rabbit, can't she? So maybe she is more like chain. And I think that two theories can be connected: that one, about mother Lacie and this one, about core of the Abyss. Because girls were born in the Abyss. So Lacie could reach the core and.. who knows? (ok, Jun-sama knows) Maybe it was enough to be there or maybe she did smth with it.. The core gives power to control the Abyss, so that's why Alyss might become Will of the Abyss. And we still don't know who was the father and was there father at all? o.o

01-06-12, 5:54 AM
Manga Moderator
Miss_Tangerine said:
Body of Alyss might be not usual human body. She can turn into the white rabbit, can't she? So maybe she is more like chain.

That's what I meant:) If Alyss has the power to create/change people into chains so she as well could create herself some kind of artificial body. And the word 'born' could be interpreted in many ways not exactly that some woman gave birth to them.

And about the father... I think that it might be Glen. If she really was pregnant before they dumped her into the Abyss then she must have kept it a secret as somebody would have mentioned it (Jack :3) even in passing. And as Glen knew about it then she must have told him. While she could have had many reasons for telling him about it, him being the childs father seems the most possible for me.

01-06-12, 7:04 AM

I agree that Glen has more chances to be the father. Maybe this was really that his "experiment".)

01-06-12, 2:38 PM

I do believe Alyss has the power to create chains/bodies since she's probably the one who gave Cheshire a body, but I'm not sure if she really created a body to herself.

01-19-12, 9:50 AM

Has anyone read Chapter 69 yet? I don't want to spoil if not.
❝ & your heart, as it was then, will be on f i r e.

— anna akhmatova

01-19-12, 10:39 AM
Manga Moderator
I did~
Anyway if somebody don't want to read spoilers then he/she shouldn't look into a topic with a spoiler warning in the title :)

01-19-12, 11:12 AM

Haha true ! c:

- we know more about Alice and Alice (Will) now !
But even if Alice was caught in a time paradox, how is Alyss the same age as her when Jack learns of the other existence, Alyss would be at least 5 years younger than Alice right? Or is that just because the Abyss is a seperate dimension from the real world and time itself?

Also, Levy is the father, I honestly expexted that, infact I think I like him more than Jack and Oswald.

— anna akhmatova

01-19-12, 12:54 PM

I kept on getting the feeling Jack was going to snap and kill everyone right there. I mean I know he will when the tragedy strikes, but I just had that feeling he would do it right then and there.

Oh how I love my male yanderes. <3
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"

01-19-12, 2:43 PM

WOW! So most of us here were basically right. Lacie was pregnant and the twins have grown faster because of the abyss. <3 By the way, who's Revy? I only found a little text as translation and I don't really remember who the hell is he. >_> -searching for real scans-

01-19-12, 3:03 PM

Levy is the blonde Glen that took in Lacie and Oswald. c:
I was kind of hoping they weren't her daughters.. some reason why I don't know..

— anna akhmatova

01-20-12, 10:53 AM

Oh, I see, thanks. ^o^ I only recognized him by Glen.
And it seems like Lacie is using Glen's body somehow? Maybe she's like Alyss that can take over of Alice's body for a few time.
At least in the translation I read, Jack was calling "Lacie" while reaching his hand to Glen - or Oswald -.

01-20-12, 11:08 AM
Manga Moderator
I was hoping that Lacie wouldn't be their mother too...

cielleia said:

But even if Alice was caught in a time paradox, how is Alyss the same age as her when Jack learns of the other existence, Alyss would be at least 5 years younger than Alice right? Or is that just because the Abyss is a seperate dimension from the real world and time itself?

I think that 'the Abyss is a serparate dimension from the world and time itself'. I don't know how you even thought of the first thing because it was said from the beginning that the Abyss is a world parallel to their 'normal' world and that time flows differently there. So if girls were raised there they would be the same age. At lest until Alice got out of there... I wonder wby Alice and Alyss still were of the same age through the whole story? Alyss should be older/younger than Alice if the thing about time is true.

Liinah said:

And it seems like Lacie is using Glen's body somehow? Maybe she's like Alyss that can take over of Alice's body for a few time.
At least in the translation I read, Jack was calling "Lacie" while reaching his hand to Glen - or Oswald -.

He wasn't calling Lacie. He was just telling Glen that they should work together on getting Lacie back. More or less^^
That would be strange if Lacie could do that. Oh well, the previous theories were mostly right so this also can be~

01-20-12, 1:06 PM

Sow said:
I was hoping that Lacie wouldn't be their mother too...

cielleia said:

I think that 'the Abyss is a serparate dimension from the world and time itself'. I don't know how you even thought of the first thing because it was said from the beginning that the Abyss is a world parallel to their 'normal' world and that time flows differently there. So if girls were raised there they would be the same age. At lest until Alice got out of there... I wonder wby Alice and Alyss still were of the same age through the whole story? Alyss should be older/younger than Alice if the thing about time is true.

You changed my words not cool.

No I meant because the Abyss is a seperate dimension is that how the Will is able to be the same age as Alice even though Alice was caught in a Time Paradox and returned as a young girl.

— anna akhmatova

01-21-12, 8:29 AM

Sow said:
Alyss should be older/younger than Alice if the thing about time is true.

Alyss being younger could explain her personality a bit; she cries easily and change her mood faster when something fun happens, like when she starts drinking tea with the dolls in the abyss. But for some reason I don't think she's younger...

Sow said:

He wasn't calling Lacie. He was just telling Glen that they should work together on getting Lacie back. More or less^^
That would be strange if Lacie could do that. Oh well, the previous theories were mostly right so this also can be~

Oh, thanks for the clearing that up. XD It definitely would be strange if Lacie could do that. we would have some gay stuff between glen and jack and this is so not pandora hearts lol

01-21-12, 9:53 AM
Manga Moderator
cielleia said:

No I meant because the Abyss is a seperate dimension is that how the Will is able to be the same age as Alice even though Alice was caught in a Time Paradox and returned as a young girl.

Sorry if I didn't understand you right, I'm just stupid^^"
Anyway, why time paradox?

Liinah said:
Sow said:
Alyss should be older/younger than Alice if the thing about time is true.

Alyss being younger could explain her personality a bit; she cries easily and change her mood faster when something fun happens, like when she starts drinking tea with the dolls in the abyss. But for some reason I don't think she's younger...

Sow said:

Oh, thanks for the clearing that up. XD It definitely would be strange if Lacie could do that. we would have some gay stuff between glen and jack and this is so not pandora hearts lol

Even if that is so not PH it would be fun to read^^
I think that Alyss just tries to live a normal live in the Abyss. And maybe it was Alice who was taking care of her mostly - kind of like a big sister would - and she cauldn't stand being alone when Alice left. Then she wen't crazy and killed her sister for abandoning her, lol.

01-21-12, 1:51 PM

Sow said:
cielleia said:

Sorry if I didn't understand you right, I'm just stupid^^"
Anyway, why time paradox?

You're not stupid. :c
.. I'm not sure why I say Time Paradox.. Ahaha ...

— anna akhmatova

01-22-12, 1:16 PM

Now that I read the chapter, about the questions why Alyss is the same age as Alice: Alice has grown because of the time paradox, since the core of the abyss found Alyss as a baby, it probably just copied what her sister had become.

I'm confused about the Glens. I always thought that with Glen's soul passing to the next body, his personality and everything would go too. But now that Oswald is Glen, he's still "Oswald". So the Glen is only the person who carries the 5 chains? I'd be really thankfull if someone were to be willing to explain it to me.
Modified by Liinah, 01-22-12, 1:20 PM

01-22-12, 3:15 PM

*Shiny Eyes* Anyone else notice Jacks hair wasn't in a braid?

01-22-12, 7:57 PM

Liinah said:
Now that I read the chapter, about the questions why Alyss is the same age as Alice: Alice has grown because of the time paradox, since the core of the abyss found Alyss as a baby, it probably just copied what her sister had become.

I'm confused about the Glens. I always thought that with Glen's soul passing to the next body, his personality and everything would go too. But now that Oswald is Glen, he's still "Oswald". So the Glen is only the person who carries the 5 chains? I'd be really thankfull if someone were to be willing to explain it to me.

I always thought the name Glen was a title like King and Duke but with special privileges and duties.
Such as The (Five) Great/Black Winged Chains.
Casting the current Child of Misfortune into the Abyss to keep the world stable.
And after 'Glen'/Levy/ect. dies he becomes a chain that stays with the Glens to come.

&& about Alice and Alice. That sounds kind of funny. x)
Babies imitate older siblings. The Abyss copied what happened to Alice when it meet/found 'Alyss' who was a baby at the time.

— anna akhmatova

01-23-12, 9:56 AM
Manga Moderator
cielleia said:
Liinah said:

I always thought the name Glen was a title like King and Duke but with special privileges and duties.
Casting the current Child of Misfortune into the Abyss to keep the world stable.
And after 'Glen'/Levy/ect. dies he becomes a chain that stays with the Glens to come.

I agree with what @cielleia said. And also I think that the current Glen 'inherits' knowledge about Abyss and all that from the previous Glen. Or rather it's not that I think so but Oswald said something like that to Jack once.

TheWorldIknow said:
*Shiny Eyes* Anyone else notice Jacks hair wasn't in a braid?

Yes *.* I hope that somebody will color that panel...

01-23-12, 1:59 PM

Sow said:
cielleia said:
Liinah said:

I agree with what @cielleia said. And also I think that the current Glen 'inherits' knowledge about Abyss and all that from the previous Glen. Or rather it's not that I think so but Oswald said something like that to Jack once.

Oh, I see. Thank you both. ^o^ I do think the "new" Glens have the knowledge of the old ones. Maybe the memories are passed with the chains or something.

01-23-12, 3:22 PM

Liinah said:

Oh, I see. Thank you both. ^o^ I do think the "new" Glens have the knowledge of the old ones. Maybe the memories are passed with the chains or something.

Hm. Well Leo doesn't seem to know as much about the Abyss as the other 'Glen's did, huh?

— anna akhmatova

01-24-12, 10:05 AM
Manga Moderator
cielleia said:
Liinah said:

Hm. Well Leo doesn't seem to know as much about the Abyss as the other 'Glen's did, huh?

But he can hear the other Glen's voices and aren't they kind of floating around him? And Leo isn't your usual Glen, is he? He didn't contract all five chains - he only got Jabberwock. He also don't have a sibling that is a child of misfortune or are we just missing something?

01-24-12, 12:36 PM

Sow said:
cielleia said:
Liinah said:

But he can hear the other Glen's voices and aren't they kind of floating around him? And Leo isn't your usual Glen, is he? He didn't contract all five chains - he only got Jabberwock. He also don't have a sibling that is a child of misfortune or are we just missing something?

No he isn't. He also rewrote Lacie's tune in a piano composition.. why?
Well we haven't learned his entire past yet have we?
&& Leo is quite the interesting 'Glen'.

— anna akhmatova

01-26-12, 5:09 AM

I was thinking and came across this idea: if Glen (in common) is the reason, why children with red eyes appear, if they are Glen's brothers-sisters, it means that Break is Glen's relative? Maybe we don't know everything about his past?

01-27-12, 11:55 PM

Sow said:

I think it's really really necessary for the next Glen to undergo a ritual where the previous Glen would transfer the soul/memories/whatever to him. Leo didn't get a ceremony right because the practice disappeared together with Oswald, the last Glen. Oswald didn't even become a chain, so maybe his soul/ghost/memories along with his Jabberwock is transfered to Leo instead?
Modified by Luna_Tykk, 01-27-12, 11:58 PM

02-26-12, 9:12 PM

wooooh, chapter 70 is finally here!!!!

every chapter has been amazing but this one is beyond amazing. I'm still reeling from the shock starting from page 37. Dammit, I didn't see that coming... did you?

02-26-12, 10:19 PM

Luna_Tykk said:
wooooh, chapter 70 is finally here!!!!

every chapter has been amazing but this one is beyond amazing. I'm still reeling from the shock starting from page 37. Dammit, I didn't see that coming... did you?

Is it a bad thing to say that I did? 8D

— anna akhmatova

02-27-12, 1:39 PM

I wonder if the B-Rabbit plushie belonged to Lacie - though it seems too childish to her - and if Alice knows who it really is, or if she just treats it like a normal toy.
Plus, she seems to like rabbits since she has another rabbit stuffed toy.

And I want to see Alice with Cheshire. ;;

02-27-12, 2:02 PM

Liinah said:
I wonder if the B-Rabbit plushie belonged to Lacie - though it seems too childish to her - and if Alice knows who it really is, or if she just treats it like a normal toy.
Plus, she seems to like rabbits since she has another rabbit stuffed toy.

That image of her with the white rabbit plush might be symbolic of her as the Intention since she's wearing a light-colored dress.

— anna akhmatova

02-28-12, 12:02 PM
Manga Moderator
And let's not forget that Abyss-chan also took the white rabbit form at the beginning of the story.

02-28-12, 1:06 PM

There should be a White-Rabbit XD
I don't know, I want to see Jack talking to Alice and then start noticing she's acting different.
Modified by Liinah, 02-28-12, 1:14 PM

02-28-12, 2:09 PM

Alice the Intention is the white rabbit... right? Or did I misunderstand?
Same ! That'd be so cute with them being all like... "I didn't say that... [she did].."

— anna akhmatova

02-28-12, 2:28 PM

cielleia said:
Alice the Intention is the white rabbit... right? Or did I misunderstand?
Same ! That'd be so cute with them being all like... "I didn't say that... [she did].."

Yes, she is. What I meant was like it'd be fun (more weird, actually) if there were a B-Rabbit in white version. 8D

Awwn, it'd be so cute. <33 But Jack once said she'd usually get lost in the conversation, I guess there was a time when Alice couldn't just control her body anymore, like deciding when she wanted to switch places with her sister or not.

02-28-12, 2:53 PM

Liinah said:
Yes, she is. What I meant was like it'd be fun (more weird, actually) if there were a B-Rabbit in white version. 8D

Awwn, it'd be so cute. <33 But Jack once said she'd usually get lost in the conversation, I guess there was a time when Alice couldn't just control her body anymore, like deciding when she wanted to switch places with her sister or not.

I bet one does exist !

Well it could do with timing. I don't think they switched places at the same time all the time.
Like when Oswald asked so it's you today?
Also, they probably talked about different things since their personalties are completely different and thus the thread was lost unless the other understoood the topic or could follow up with it(?).

— anna akhmatova

03-01-12, 5:36 AM

Guys.. How do you understand the whole situation now?

B-rabbit was Lacie's chain, before he belonged to Alice, right? That episode with "blood red rain", when Lacie killed those people, and there were chains (metallic) like chains that B-rabbit uses, and also there were shadow behind Lacie, reminding the silhouette of rabbit.

Then it came to Alice.

Then
1) Jack killed Alice, took B-rabbit, used his chain (I'd like to know about it more and to see it) to divide B-rabbit into the two parts. He took the first part, Oz, and made a contract.

or

2) Jack used his chain to divide B-rabbit into the two parts. He took the first part, Oz, made a contract and only then killed Alice (maybe using Oz)

After that..

If there hadn't been B-rabbit before Alice had died we could have said "She turned into the chain!", BUT we know, that there were this chain BEFORE Alice had died.

So the second part of B-rabbit... Did it unite somehow with dead Alice (or Alice somehow united with this half of chain), so we get Alice that we know "now" ? Or it just looks like Alice and has some of her memories?

03-01-12, 10:15 AM

Well maybe Oz went with Alice back to the surface world after Lacie died to be her friend ?
Oh I don't know anymore..
I'm not even sure what is called ''Alice'' IS the real Alice.

— anna akhmatova

03-01-12, 1:11 PM
Manga Moderator
cielleia said:
Well maybe Oz went with Alice back to the surface world after Lacie died to be her friend ?

Hey, that's an idea. But let's say that he was already friends with Lacie and Abyss-chan. Both girls loved him but he choosed to stay with Alice in the end. Abyss-chan tried to find an substitute for him and that's why her 'room' looks like a toy shop. And at the beginning of the manga she wanted to kill him for leaving her alone. She hated Alice from taking him from her.

03-01-12, 1:18 PM

Sow said:

Hey, that's an idea. But let's say that he was already friends with Lacie and Abyss-chan. Both girls loved him but he choosed to stay with Alice in the end. Abyss-chan tried to find an substitute for him and that's why her 'room' looks like a toy shop. And at the beginning of the manga she wanted to kill him for leaving her alone. She hated Alice from taking him from her.

Break also said the Abyss now looks like broken toy box to some people(after the Tragedy).
I like that theory fits with their innocence. <3

— anna akhmatova

03-02-12, 1:07 AM

Sow said:

I like this supposition.

But there is still open question: why the second part of B-rabbit looks like Alice? Does it just looks like she or it is really Alice who somehow united with the chain? Hope Jun-sama will explain this.

03-02-12, 11:04 AM

Miss_Tangerine said:
Sow said:

I like this supposition.

But there is still open question: why the second part of B-rabbit looks like Alice? Does it just looks like she or it is really Alice who somehow united with the chain? Hope Jun-sama will explain this.

Hmm~ I think that Oz's actual body (B-Rabbit) was given to alice, since the one he's using is apparently not his.
@pamkips

03-03-12, 12:06 AM

cielleia said:

I'm not even sure what is called ''Alice'' IS the real Alice.

I came to idea..

Let's suppose that one part of B-rabbit just looks like Alice.

So, what's happened to real Alice 100 years ago? She was killed.. but did she die? Remember the very first chapters. The first time when Oz found watches. The girl, who throttled him, has DARK hair. And B-rabbit-Alice then didn't remember that event, it wasn't she, who throttled Oz.. and we thought that it was Alyss.. But why her hair was dark? Alyss has light hair and she hadn't reasons to make her hair look like hair of Alice.. Maybe Alice is in the Abyss too? Right now.

Pages (3) -1.4 -0.4 [0.6] 1.6 2.6 » ... Last »
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy