MyAnimeList.net

Episode Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 13 Discussion

Pages (3) « 0.2 1.2 [2.2]
Poll: Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 13 Discussion

01-01-12, 5:22 PM

Very good last episode,awesome way to end a very good anime,the Deadly Sin scene was the best of the episode watching Horizon break like that made me sad....but Toori is the man graving her butt :D

The last 5m were awesome Tres Espanas invading Mushi,Beisball aces destroying the city toori naked with WTF face at end.....awesome!

As a whole this Anime was awesome at first it was hard since if you didnt investigate the background story but after episode 5 until the end the epicness begins,the OST is awesome,the Characters puff amazing,MC is a perv,the animation was nice and the best of all.....the story is pretty good,complex and original.
Without a doubt i give it a 9/10 and cant wait for next season!!

01-03-12, 3:23 AM

I wish the whole series was as good as its beginning and ending, I absolutely loved this episode and looking forward to the next season. What's with all the baseball stuff though? Horizon and Aoi had great moments. 5/5.

I gave the show a 6/10, and would have easily awarded it a seven if it wasn't for the middle part. I hope the next season will be an improvement.

01-03-12, 6:06 AM

Fuck yeah season 2 summer 2012, I can't wait for it!!!!!!!

01-03-12, 2:22 PM

YES SEASON 2 CONFIRMED SUMMER :DDD!!

Love how Horizon is getting her emotions back, as if shes like turning back to human (but shes still a robot o.O)! Loving how Toori is stickin up for his girl. @When there were sleeping in that house, holding hands, cute <3

Toori's knight (forgot her name) NICE BOOTY!
Um, Honda (boyish one) getting a makeover, haha. She's been looking pretty not bad, kind of cute in her own way.

Kind of a 'wtf' moment, BASEBALL? lol.. I guess..

01-03-12, 2:35 PM

toori - very funny and goofy guy.

I really like the animation quality and creativeness of the show. 7/10.

01-03-12, 5:42 PM

nice, second season confirmed

I really loved the creativity of this show, I'm glad I picked this up and stuck with it

01-03-12, 7:39 PM

Mogami-kun said:
What's with all the baseball stuff though?

Keep in mind that all of the "Harmonic Divine States" are represented by Academic Institutions which is also their "military".

In case of Tres Espana's "Alcalá de Henares", they are famous for their "Sports".

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/

01-04-12, 7:08 PM

Great show so far. Looking forward to season 2.

01-11-12, 6:07 AM

The last few episodes do make up a bit for the confusing start but still does not deserve any score above 6/10. I hope the pacing for season 2 will be much more reasonable.

01-12-12, 1:31 AM

Animation was stellar. Wow... the first 1/3 of this show was soooo bad... and the 2/3rds that remained we're spectacular. The action in this show and the warfare a political aspects were pure win.

7/10... only due to the terrible beginning portion and some of the superfluous characters. I will absolutely watch the second season.

01-13-12, 12:46 AM

Okay so let me get this clear

First half of the series - utter shit

Second half of the series - starts getting interesting/good but rather a bit too late into the series to actually get the plot going. That is why I'm looking forward to the second season. If they remove all of the bad that was introduced in the first half of this season and keep all of the good parts of the second half (fights/plot/excellent animation) then I think the second season will do much better than the first.

That being said, I give this season a 7/10.

I'll be thoroughly disappointed if the second season won't make me give it an 8/10

01-15-12, 7:15 PM

a buncha singing and not much happening. still a decent ending. not enough focus on most of the characters though.

tres espana and those kda oda or whatever guys seem to be the bad guys for next season. that Ikaros looking girl is married to that guy who last h is rank? wow?

01-16-12, 4:42 PM

mystik said:
tres espana and those kda oda or whatever guys seem to be the bad guys for next season. that Ikaros looking girl is married to that guy who last h is rank? wow?

P.A. ODA is actually an ally of Mikawa. And Horizon being the Princess of Mikawa means their allied to Horizone "for now" and they don't have any Armaments of Deadly Sin, because of their religion Murasai (Islam). For now, they're not an enemy.

Gin is Muneshiga's wife in real life. Since the testament Union is recreating history to gain their lost technology everything is recreated.

01-16-12, 6:31 PM

The first half of this anime was bad, really disappointing. But the 2nd half was actually good, much more enjoyable and with a better pace.

Overall, i give it a 6/10.

But will be looking for 2nd season, hoping it will be at least like the 2nd half of this show.

01-22-12, 12:02 AM

the only bad part is in the first 3 eps the first time where the anime doesn't care about the newcomers and expect them to be familiarised with the history already.

Funny that if you go back and watch those episodes again they are actually done quite well and smart as you are able to spot the little hints here and there, not to mention the pacing is great.

01-27-12, 11:41 PM

Anyone know what the song horizon sang at the end was called?

01-28-12, 4:29 AM

TheAznKay said:
Anyone know what the song horizon sang at the end was called?

You mean the song that she sang while being asleep right?

Tooshidouka -vocal version-. Go download the 1st Special CD.

01-29-12, 10:05 PM

Even though this anime started off very confusing once you learn whats going on its really good. I really enjoyed it cant wait for the next the 2nd season.

02-10-12, 11:12 AM

Apart from the start this is how it should be done. It's a basic "save the princess" type of storyline, but it was presented in a good way.

One downside is that there was a lot of characters.. I'm still not sure who's who.
Did you like my avatar, perv?

02-10-12, 11:19 AM

i thought it was really good, it had a really gay start but from episode 5 it just took off and im glad i didn't drop it because it was fun. Looking foward to the summer to see the continuation. 8/10

02-13-12, 7:56 PM

yeah not watching season 2

4/10

03-30-12, 8:47 PM
News Moderator
Interesting first half tbh and I swear to freaking God that this series has some of the best OST I've heard. Anyways, looking forward to the 2nd half this summer and lol'd @ Tori's priceless reaction toward the end.

Shit's going down so I'll give this series a 8/10 due to its eargasmic music and interesting fight scenes.

~kiss under the horizon

05-23-12, 10:30 PM

I think everyone has to watch this anime at least twice before saying "I dont get it". If people pay close attention to the series it fills in almost all the blanks.

10/10 One my favorites now

05-26-12, 3:44 AM

Amazing anime, so glad I did not drop it in the first few episodes. This anime gets a solid 10/10 from me...CANT WAIT FOR SEASON 2!!!

06-06-12, 8:23 AM

Amazing, great ending to the first season. I shouldn't have listened to people crying about how bad the first few episodes were at the beginning of the show. Although I liked it more marathoning it like this, because time seems to go so fast on this show.
Can't wait for the second season, 9 out of 10.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.

06-07-12, 8:54 AM

MasterMeNL said:
Amazing, great ending to the first season. I shouldn't have listened to people crying about how bad the first few episodes were at the beginning of the show. Although I liked it more marathoning it like this, because time seems to go so fast on this show.
Can't wait for the second season, 9 out of 10.

I know why they don't like this series :-s I'm one, too but before viewing this review: http://myanimelist.net/anime/10456/Kyoukai_Senjou_no_Horizon/reviews

06-09-12, 7:47 AM

I really like the anime,, the story was nice and the characters are all likable. :D Love. :D
Demo, there are still a lot of questions that need a definite answer, but sure as i've read, its a novel composed of 10 volumes and it only had 13 episodes that is why its understandable., they've summarized it too much. demo ne, im really curious about a lot of things. Knowing that it has a second season really made me happy. :D
For now, i'll give it a 9/10.. depending on the second season I might change it as 10/10 .. :D Looking forward to watching it. ;D

Oh! and Jun Fukuyama's voice. GAHHHHH! Total Love. :D

06-15-12, 3:09 PM

The ending of this was great, especially Horizon being attached to Toori which was really cute and heartwarming, not to mention the track that played during the big climax which could be one of my favorites overall. Can't wait for the second season.

06-22-12, 9:41 PM

This is underrated. I put it on hold after episode 8 or so, but I was thoroughly impressed upon resuming watching it. Great characters, story, music, and graphics. I do agree that the first 1/3 or so was pretty bad, I wasn't a fan at all. The last 2/3 was great and downright incredible in eps 12/13, which gives me a lot of hope for the next season.

Also Horizon/Toori OTP tbh. Adorable how attached to each other they are now.

07-01-12, 2:48 PM

The ending for this season was good, to see Toori and Horizon together was worth it, loved that he was naked at the end.

However, the season was very very rough due to the first episodes, you can't deny that, they were just horrible at storytelling.

07-01-12, 5:48 PM

Zhou said:
The ending for this season was good, to see Toori and Horizon together was worth it, loved that he was naked at the end.

However, the season was very very rough due to the first episodes, you can't deny that, they were just horrible at storytelling.
Actually the first several episodes were shortened as much as possible as an adaption...Horizon is the "impossible to adapt" LN series anyway...What not with Kawakami and his love for writing more pages than a normal LN (normal page count for LN's range from 250 to 400ish pages, Horizon's lowest is about 700 I think? It's highest is almost 1.2k) Plus...Sunrise adapted vol 1 of the LN which is books 1A & 1B ---- 43 chapters + Prologue + Epilogue ~ they obviously skimped out on all the other side characters, and did a pretty good job on the world building.
and no i'm not an LN reader, only watched horizon twice (on my 3rd run atm) + read wikia/asked some LN readers stuff, after to get into it even more...
*edit3/removed this part of post

EDIT:this is what a horizon sized LN looks like...

normal sized LN (bottom part of pic, ignore manga on bottom right)

Also...horizon is a sequel to another of Kawakami's work (which only has a 1 ep special adapted to it...)
http://myanimelist.net/manga/33671/Owari_no_Chronicle

EDIT2: also if you are not satisfied in anything you could also read this RC post
http://randomc.net/2012/06/30/kyoukai-senjou-no-horizon-retrospective-part-1-the-premise-the-world-episodes-01-06/
It does an excellent job on helping newcomers understand the 1-6 eps of the horizon anime if you'd rather not read the monstrous LN or rewatch the 1st 6 eps. (or if you were confused from watching it recently.) Also helps in character bios + premise + world building, etc. I heavily advise you to read this post, and rewatch the series (only if you have the time though)...

tl;dr Horizon is not something you can just watch casually A LOT of thinking is needed. Otherwise it'd be...harder to appreciate the universe and characters that Kawakami has worked on. (to new comers as I see it)
To also add...if you plan to watch the 2nd season and detest large casts, you shouldn't continue, seeing as it's adding (16+? characters) ...heck one of them is a mermaid.
Modified by FlavoryFantasy, 07-01-12, 10:41 PM

07-06-12, 8:10 AM

Pretty good but the end was shit since there's almost a whole year between S1 and S2

07-20-12, 3:48 AM

Why is Tori such a humongous boss?

08-22-12, 1:46 PM

Pretty damn good, ill check out season 2. Toori really made the show for me. 9/10.

09-11-12, 10:38 PM

Aw just love Toori X Horizon moments, so good :D

Sports, really? Cant we have normal action? :/

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.

09-30-12, 5:36 PM

QuiGonJon said:
Aw just love Toori X Horizon moments, so good :D

Sports, really? Cant we have normal action? :/

Extreme sports dude, those balls can explode.

11-12-12, 10:18 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz /10

would not watch again

12-04-12, 3:49 PM

anyone have the feeling that after they collect all of the sins the last sin will be happiness and that it will be aoi's weapon so he will give it back to her and thus become sad and because of his contract he shall die to see that horizon lives on happy or maybe ive watched to many animes recently where the protagonist dies wat do u reckon?

did anyone else thing nate in her full armour looks and acts kinda like saber from the fate series
Modified by kingfelix92, 12-04-12, 3:56 PM

12-06-12, 7:42 PM

kingfelix92 said:
anyone have the feeling that after they collect all of the sins the last sin will be happiness and that it will be aoi's weapon so he will give it back to her and thus become sad and because of his contract he shall die to see that horizon lives on happy or maybe ive watched to many animes recently where the protagonist dies wat do u reckon?
maybe...not even at that point in the novels lol.

did anyone else thing nate in her full armour looks and acts kinda like saber from the fate series

They're both proud knights, so similarity is there more or less in that regard.

07-11-13, 6:41 PM

5/10 here
I was thinking it would be different, something cool like SAO, but nope, it's full of ecchi, a perverted male leader, the story is not so good either and it took a while until it got to action. But if you like to see girls with large breasts this is your thing, so you might like it...I actually disliked it, but gave it 5 coz the witch girls were cool.

01-27-14, 9:03 PM

bittersweetlove said:
5/10 here
I was thinking it would be different, something cool like SAO, but nope, it's full of ecchi, a perverted male leader, the story is not so good either and it took a while until it got to action. But if you like to see girls with large breasts this is your thing, so you might like it...I actually disliked it, but gave it 5 coz the witch girls were cool.

Something cool like SAO....

Mind Blown

04-09-14, 12:43 AM

Well now the war is on, time to see what they are really made of.

04-24-14, 5:37 PM

That "huh" moment from Tori at the end was priceless. A nice conclusion with a satisfying way to wrap up rescuing Horizon. The cliffhanger ending has definitely made me want to pick up season 2 in the near future, but for now I think halfway is good enough.

This series had a shaky and very confusing start with its massive infodumping, but I'm pleased with how it shaped up by the end. I enjoyed the mix of hilarity brought on by Tori, the interesting approach to the addicting, action packed battles, and the various political intrigues, especially that big debate towards the middle. I'm thinking either a 6 or 7/10, really depends on the conclusion I arrive at concerning how much weight I feel the beginning has on my overall enjoyment.

07-15-14, 6:07 PM

Great way to end this first season off! Also introducing the new enemy shorty was also pretty lovely done so I'm really looking forward to see what the second season will offer us but for this first season I really must say that I enjoyed watching it, it had a great way of story and character development and a sense of humor so all in all a great anime! 9/10

08-22-14, 5:17 PM

Just beautiful. 9/10

10-30-14, 1:24 AM

An amazing finish to my current favorite anime. The Song of Passage being sung but with full emotion this time is one of the most beautiful things I ever heard. Truly, Horizon in The Middle of Nowhere is a unique work of art.

03-25-15, 1:06 AM

I honestly don't understand why it's rated so low.. I guess it's more difficult to follow what's going on but nevertheless it's awesome as hell. The "comic relieve"/fanservice with Tori often times does serve a purpose (and sometimes he's just perverted, lol... well, can you really blame him?!). The world is huuge and has so much potential!
Only thing I'm not so fond of so far is Horizon herself, I just don't see what's so "special" about her.. (and I mean her personality)
Oh and I forgot to mention the OST is probably the best one I've ever heard, not joking (except some classical music :P). There's so much variety in it and all of the songs sound awesome!

05-06-15, 6:41 AM

And that's it for the first season. But I still don't know what the Tres Espana is. Or the P.A ODA or the Testament Union. What are these organizations? And what are the deadly sins? And many many more questions. It's very easy to mistake this as a sequel because crucial stuffs were not explained? Or were they? I think I should have read the LN first like the 99% of the people here.

05-12-15, 6:34 PM

PrimeX said:
And that's it for the first season. But I still don't know what the Tres Espana is. Or the P.A ODA or the Testament Union. What are these organizations? And what are the deadly sins? And many many more questions. It's very easy to mistake this as a sequel because crucial stuffs were not explained? Or were they? I think I should have read the LN first like the 99% of the people here.

Hmmm, how much i understood there was war long time ago in Far East which led to destruction of Japan territory. Now, years later only two cities (ships) are recognized by Testament. Testament is organization, something like Church who oversees them all and i guess they have highest authority there (I dont fully understand how did it led to all this and how do they think to recreate all but meh.) Deadly sins are weapons created with emotions of human, why did they do that and how i have no idea. But one thing is sure, they should have better focus on story and explaining things instead of way too long battles. I felt bored and i was alt tabing a lot because of battles. I see season two has great score so i guess they fixed that.

Modified by NaCro, 05-12-15, 6:40 PM

05-13-15, 3:23 PM

^You didn't understand it properly I'm afraid. Japan territory has been "colonised" by other countries after a war (it's more complicated than that, but basically, the only territory in the world where peoples can live is japan, so all the countries have to share that ground).
Tres espana is a country located in the west of the honshu isle, and it represents Spain. P A Oda is a country located around the Kansai area IIRC, and represents the Otoman empire.
Every single country has in charge both the reproduction of the hostory of the country they represent, AND of a part of the Japanese history. That's why some peoples like Muneshige both have a Japanese name and another non-japanese name (spannish in Muneshige's case) that they're in charge of representing.
PA Oda fpor example is both in charge of the history of the Otoman Empire and of the history of Oda nobunaga (and several of his generals, like Shibata and Niwa). Hexagone Française is mostly France+ japanese Mouri Clan. There's a country for Korea/Satomi clan, a country for China/takeda clan, a country for Russia/Uesugi clan, and so on.

In each of these countries, there are japanese and non-japanese peoples, and they're free to be part of the government. Simply, technically, those countries are reigning over the japanese land they took. There are lands which are still japanese only, like Mikawa, and the city ship Musashi, but also others small lands here and there, but they basically are defenceless, since IIRC only Mikawa was allowed by treaties to have an army force among them.

The testament Union (Seiren) is an organisation federating those countries leader (note : it's only comprised of the western countries afaik) and is basically supervising history recreation in the whole japan as well as "international" relationships between countries. Among the seiren members, the Pope is the most influential member.
Among different things, it holds the power of gathering the army of every single country in time of need, too. That's basically what they did hundred of years ago with the war against Japan BTW.
Modified by Zefyris, 05-13-15, 3:31 PM

Pages (3) « 0.2 1.2 [2.2]