Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 27, 2014 9:03 PM
Nov 2010
bittersweetlove said:
5/10 here
I was thinking it would be different, something cool like SAO, but nope, it's full of ecchi, a perverted male leader, the story is not so good either and it took a while until it got to action. But if you like to see girls with large breasts this is your thing, so you might like it...I actually disliked it, but gave it 5 coz the witch girls were cool.

Something cool like SAO....

Mind Blown
Apr 9, 2014 12:43 AM

Jul 2008
Well now the war is on, time to see what they are really made of.
Apr 24, 2014 5:37 PM

Dec 2012
That "huh" moment from Tori at the end was priceless. A nice conclusion with a satisfying way to wrap up rescuing Horizon. The cliffhanger ending has definitely made me want to pick up season 2 in the near future, but for now I think halfway is good enough.

This series had a shaky and very confusing start with its massive infodumping, but I'm pleased with how it shaped up by the end. I enjoyed the mix of hilarity brought on by Tori, the interesting approach to the addicting, action packed battles, and the various political intrigues, especially that big debate towards the middle. I'm thinking either a 6 or 7/10, really depends on the conclusion I arrive at concerning how much weight I feel the beginning has on my overall enjoyment.
Jul 15, 2014 6:07 PM

May 2012
Great way to end this first season off! Also introducing the new enemy shorty was also pretty lovely done so I'm really looking forward to see what the second season will offer us but for this first season I really must say that I enjoyed watching it, it had a great way of story and character development and a sense of humor so all in all a great anime! 9/10
Oct 30, 2014 1:24 AM

Oct 2014
An amazing finish to my current favorite anime. The Song of Passage being sung but with full emotion this time is one of the most beautiful things I ever heard. Truly, Horizon in The Middle of Nowhere is a unique work of art.
Mar 25, 2015 1:06 AM

Mar 2008
I honestly don't understand why it's rated so low.. I guess it's more difficult to follow what's going on but nevertheless it's awesome as hell. The "comic relieve"/fanservice with Tori often times does serve a purpose (and sometimes he's just perverted, lol... well, can you really blame him?!). The world is huuge and has so much potential!
Only thing I'm not so fond of so far is Horizon herself, I just don't see what's so "special" about her.. (and I mean her personality)
Oh and I forgot to mention the OST is probably the best one I've ever heard, not joking (except some classical music :P). There's so much variety in it and all of the songs sound awesome!
May 6, 2015 6:41 AM

Jul 2013
And that's it for the first season. But I still don't know what the Tres Espana is. Or the P.A ODA or the Testament Union. What are these organizations? And what are the deadly sins? And many many more questions. It's very easy to mistake this as a sequel because crucial stuffs were not explained? Or were they? I think I should have read the LN first like the 99% of the people here.
May 12, 2015 6:34 PM
Sep 2014
PrimeX said:
And that's it for the first season. But I still don't know what the Tres Espana is. Or the P.A ODA or the Testament Union. What are these organizations? And what are the deadly sins? And many many more questions. It's very easy to mistake this as a sequel because crucial stuffs were not explained? Or were they? I think I should have read the LN first like the 99% of the people here.

Hmmm, how much i understood there was war long time ago in Far East which led to destruction of Japan territory. Now, years later only two cities (ships) are recognized by Testament. Testament is organization, something like Church who oversees them all and i guess they have highest authority there (I dont fully understand how did it led to all this and how do they think to recreate all but meh.) Deadly sins are weapons created with emotions of human, why did they do that and how i have no idea. But one thing is sure, they should have better focus on story and explaining things instead of way too long battles. I felt bored and i was alt tabing a lot because of battles. I see season two has great score so i guess they fixed that.

NarcoMay 12, 2015 6:40 PM
May 13, 2015 3:23 PM

Apr 2013
^You didn't understand it properly I'm afraid. Japan territory has been "colonised" by other countries after a war (it's more complicated than that, but basically, the only territory in the world where peoples can live is japan, so all the countries have to share that ground).
Tres espana is a country located in the west of the honshu isle, and it represents Spain. P A Oda is a country located around the Kansai area IIRC, and represents the Otoman empire.
Every single country has in charge both the reproduction of the hostory of the country they represent, AND of a part of the Japanese history. That's why some peoples like Muneshige both have a Japanese name and another non-japanese name (spannish in Muneshige's case) that they're in charge of representing.
PA Oda fpor example is both in charge of the history of the Otoman Empire and of the history of Oda nobunaga (and several of his generals, like Shibata and Niwa). Hexagone Française is mostly France+ japanese Mouri Clan. There's a country for Korea/Satomi clan, a country for China/takeda clan, a country for Russia/Uesugi clan, and so on.

In each of these countries, there are japanese and non-japanese peoples, and they're free to be part of the government. Simply, technically, those countries are reigning over the japanese land they took. There are lands which are still japanese only, like Mikawa, and the city ship Musashi, but also others small lands here and there, but they basically are defenceless, since IIRC only Mikawa was allowed by treaties to have an army force among them.

The testament Union (Seiren) is an organisation federating those countries leader (note : it's only comprised of the western countries afaik) and is basically supervising history recreation in the whole japan as well as "international" relationships between countries. Among the seiren members, the Pope is the most influential member.
Among different things, it holds the power of gathering the army of every single country in time of need, too. That's basically what they did hundred of years ago with the war against Japan BTW.
ZefyrisMay 13, 2015 3:31 PM
Aug 19, 2015 5:56 AM

Jun 2014
Yep, this is definitely a Sunrise anime. Masterpiece. 1/10
Dec 13, 2015 9:50 AM

Jun 2009
my only complaint about the whole series is how i was led on to believe aoi was actually gonna join the fight >.> he never did -im not counting the part where he supports everybody, i thought he would summon a weapon or something and go to town on everybody, but that never happened which makes me kinda sad-
Dec 14, 2015 12:27 PM

Apr 2013
TSX said:
my only complaint about the whole series is how i was led on to believe aoi was actually gonna join the fight >.> he never did -im not counting the part where he supports everybody, i thought he would summon a weapon or something and go to town on everybody, but that never happened which makes me kinda sad-

Aoi Toori isn't a fighter and will never be one x).
Jan 12, 2018 5:53 PM
Jul 2018
This is really rare for me to across such titles that first half bland but last quarter sooo much energy! It kinda hard to describe what I overall feel for this show well.. this similar problem reminds me of lotgh which also had same issue in first few episodes in terms of direction and then decide to make a movie to retell them. Same should been done here too.. (its only watched by 42K even after 6 years no wonder the first few episodes were really boring and people drop this and couldn't witness the greatness..)

Jan 14, 2018 2:57 PM

Oct 2015
All that's left now is Horizon's memories and it seems it won't be easy with those testament guys. The series had fine moments, like when horizon was speaking with Toori on that barrier, I felt that was emotional ( previous ep). The one thing I didn't enjoy was the character design, specifically those fan service designs ( boobs were too unnatural and out of place). The eyes were too large and outfits all over the place and some girls hairs were too large. Whoever was the character designer needed a reality check and proper guideline.

The story on the political side was too complicated but on the other it was great(horizon's story).

I will give it a 6/10 but I will watch s2.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 15, 2019 11:36 PM

Feb 2018
Kiss, Toori and Horizon have kiss xD. Ahhhh... so cute.
Jul 16, 2023 9:48 PM

Nov 2022
Horizon-chan is cute.

Generally girl design and many girls are cute, two angels for example.

Story is cluttered mess but whatever.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Jul 26, 2023 6:41 PM
Jun 2022
6/10 due to poor wording leading to have to re-watch parts of the episodes to understand what the writer wanted to convey.

Episode 12 use of "parallel" so liberaly was a pain to understand, fortunately you do not need to understand what the writer means with parallel and inverse parallel but I went with parallel being on the same side of logic and inverse parallel being on opposite sides of an issue, so basically the same thing Tori used to switch his role on the debate against Masa. Still does not fit well but the anime does not make it clear what it wants to mean.

Maybe season 2 will have less ambiguity from words/sentences, just say what you mean instead of making a point of burying the important concepts under layers of wordplay.
blacknemesistJul 26, 2023 6:45 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 15, 2011

102 by GiantHunter »»
Jul 22, 2023 7:01 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 27, 2011

80 by Didi6970 »»
Jul 7, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

77 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 2, 2023 6:16 PM

» Do the MC ever get powerful?

Amamiya__Ren - May 24, 2022

5 by Zefyris »»
Jun 9, 2022 9:52 AM

» Why such a low rating? ( 1 2 )

rific - Nov 5, 2011

98 by realVICE »»
May 9, 2022 3:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.