MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Fate/Zero Episode 13 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Fate/Zero »» Fate/Zero Episode 13 Discussion

Pages (23) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Fate/Zero Episode 13 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

326 74.60%
4 out of 5: Liked it

70 16.02%
3 out of 5: It was OK

26 5.95%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

8 1.83%
1 out of 5: Hated it

7 1.60%
Voters: 437

12-24-11, 7:50 PM

I love you, Ufotable. Forever and always! <3

They stopped it right at the best part. I really looking forward to the scene with Caster. And then there's Berserker and Archer...
But if it's keeping up with the quality, then I shall suck it up and wait for the next season. It'll be a real hard wait until then.

3 more months... And so the countdown begins.
But I want more Saber now!

1000/10

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!

12-24-11, 7:51 PM

Fucking amazing.

Now begins the torture of waiting.

12-24-11, 8:05 PM

I. CANNOT. WAIT. FOR. SEASON 2!!!

Man what a cliff hanger. Gave me the chills!

12-24-11, 8:08 PM

Karhu said:
This season could have been good if something had actually happened. It's annoying as hell to see how story avoids progress. Dialog really is wearisome and slow paced. I thought this was supposed to be seinen series, but it sure isn't. It's so wrong to waste potential in series which has so much fuckin' amazing things in it and every drop of potential to be much more than what it actually is. Because of that, the series is only an average to me. S2 should be better and I really hope it is. OP song is definitely the most memorable thing, just can't get enough of it.

Well, Fate/Zero is a seinen, part of those dialogs that you mentioned are a characteristic of the seinens such as Ghost in the Shell, with lots of discussions about politic, philosofy and etc...

If you think this season didn't acomplish much, i suggest that you watch it again. This is just the introduction, you don't see a LOTR movie and expect to everything to happen in the first movie with just 3 hours. Without those conversations and the character development, the next season would be meaningless.

We have a pretty adult series here, why not enjoy the dialogs and the characters, who are much more important than the fights ? The mad feast of the kings, with the discussion between Saber and Rider, was much better than any battle so far, because it's more than just a few words,those words has meaning.

12-24-11, 8:26 PM

Seeker said:
After the Holy Grail Dialogue, I figured Rider would just treat Saber like a little girl. Not to say he would underestimate her fighting prowess, but I wasn't expecting him to come in and speak on friendly terms with Saber, even calling her "King of Knights." If he already stated that he didn't see Saber as a king anymore, then why still call her by her title? Seems contradicting.

It's just a title. If you catch it, he says he wants her to join his army of servants. It's not because he dislikes her, he likes her (and Lancer) a lot. To her, kinghood brought her suffering and loneliness, he doesn't acknolwedge her as such because he wants to 'save' her from that curse. If Saber wasn't parading her remorse to the point of wishing to re-write history, you bet he wouldn't have discredited her.

He was only pissed off mostly by the dismissal of the fights of her people who followed her cause, but it didn't last. He has a big brother instinct with a shounen-like mindset (defeat means friendship).

Plus, in the Light novels and CD drama, I also remember Saber being really rude to Gilgamesh and Rider shouting heretics! and all (until Saber realized what was what Rider treasured the most). They were all under the effect of the alcohol (Gil's wine's that good), they are sober now.
Modified by Thess, 12-24-11, 8:35 PM

12-24-11, 8:36 PM

And once again Rider stole the episode, he can't be more awesome.

9/10 for this 1st half of the series.

12-24-11, 8:38 PM

Karhu said:
This season could have been good if something had actually happened. It's annoying as hell to see how story avoids progress. Dialog really is wearisome and slow paced. I thought this was supposed to be seinen series, but it sure isn't.

Worm rape and child murder/mutilation, lengthy dialogue.

How is it not Seinen?

The plot has progressed but since it's a contest where competitors kill each other off I'm assuming you need characters to die off or something to call it progress?

If they killed a bunch in the first half there wouldn't be much left to do with the second, not to mention the impact would be lessened if we'd spent less time with the characters beforehand.

The second half will be a virtual massacre so I guess you'll have your fill there.

12-24-11, 8:41 PM
Forum Moderator
What a performance from Rider... I can really believe that he had Aristotle as a tutor after that dialogue. Who would have thought that Gilles would invoke Cthulhu as part of his twisted plans? As for Ryuunosuke, it was interesting to see where he took the monotheistic theological problem of the existence of evil. I haven't had such fun since second year philosophy classes....

Blessed Yule and Happy Holidays to everyone....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

12-24-11, 8:44 PM

Rider was awesome once again in this episode. Now it's time for the wait till April.

12-24-11, 8:50 PM

Topgunuk69 said:
Karhu said:
This season could have been good if something had actually happened. It's annoying as hell to see how story avoids progress. Dialog really is wearisome and slow paced. I thought this was supposed to be seinen series, but it sure isn't.

How is it not Seinen?

The plot has progressed but since it's a contest where competitors kill each other off I'm assuming you need characters to die off or something to call it progress?

If they killed a bunch in the first half there wouldn't be much left to do with the second, not to mention the impact would be lessened if we'd spent less time with the characters beforehand.

The second half will be a virtual massacre so I guess you'll have your fill there.

Most of this anime was just macho talk and stupid strategies. Still enjoyed it though.

12-24-11, 8:52 PM

Thess said:
Plus, in the Light novels and CD drama, I also remember Saber being really rude to Gilgamesh and Rider shouting heretics! and all (until Saber realized what was what Rider treasured the most). They were all under the effect of the alcohol (Gil's wine's that good), they are sober now.

Too bad the CD drama has been taken off YT recently :( I just checked (unless someone decides to reupload them). I would love to hear the King Feasts' part over and over again.

12-24-11, 8:55 PM

Solkiskey said:
Most of this anime was just macho talk and stupid strategies. Still enjoyed it though.

*lifts eyebrow* "Stupid strategies"...lol?
Well it's still much better than powerups (which I've seen too often in shounen) :P

12-24-11, 9:11 PM

Clever way to end 1st season.

12-24-11, 9:18 PM

I will write some shitz then.

sallym613 said:
Even though I understand your frustration with first season being somewhat slow in the progression of plot, I'm not sure what you mean by your first sentence. What were you expecting from the first part of Fate/Zero?

You said it yourself, the plot part.

sallym613 said:
I would say when you're finished with watching both parts of Fate/Zero, definitely read the LN and see if it changes your mind about Fate/Zero (if you haven't yet).

Already read the first one and planning to read the rest.

Gamaliel said:
Well, Fate/Zero is a seinen, part of those dialogs that you mentioned are a characteristic of the seinens such as Ghost in the Shell, with lots of discussions about politic, philosofy and etc...

If you think this season didn't acomplish much, i suggest that you watch it again. This is just the introduction, you don't see a LOTR movie and expect to everything to happen in the first movie with just 3 hours. Without those conversations and the character development, the next season would be meaningless.

We have a pretty adult series here, why not enjoy the dialogs and the characters, who are much more important than the fights ? The mad feast of the kings, with the discussion between Saber and Rider, was much better than any battle so far, because it's more than just a few words,those words has meaning.

Shonen on my book.

That was already more than 50% of the whole series.

Amount of action and dialog isn't the problem though. Ever heard of Katanagatari? One of the best series I've seen and about 80-90% of the series is pure dialog, really dialog heavy stuff. Already mentioned my thoughts about F/Z dialog. I love dialog based anime and then comes the standards. My standards, my rating and my opinion about the quality.

Topgunuk69 said:

How is it not Seinen?

Ever read Mirai Nikki manga? It's shonen with pretty much on the same things you mentioned and including sex scenes.

No, but when there is about to be deaths in the end anyway. Some of those situation were just avoiding the story's progress, nothing more. Explanations maybe later but first season is already over and ratings given.

Yeah, I don't care who survives and who dies or the death count. I'm watching to see something brilliant, impressive, worth of praising and something I can give a high rating.

12-24-11, 9:25 PM

Interesting dialogue with Rider and Waver; and just like i thought (and probably everyone else) there was a cliffhanger; not a bad way to end the first half; amazing series, it sucks that there is a three? month wait before the second half starts but there's always other shows to kill the time so all's good; So now that all the dialogue and set up is out of the way it will be interesting to see how the servants "die" off.

12-24-11, 9:31 PM

I was unsure of whether or not I would watch the second season but after the cliffhanger I might as well watch it.

12-24-11, 9:33 PM

Solkiskey said:

Which sums up the first half of the novels?

First half: Mostly talk, strategies (because you know, is what smart people do in battles), with some action scenes here and there.
Second half: People dropping like flies. You need to have a build up to care about how most of the characters get tortured and killed off in traumatic ways.

12-24-11, 9:37 PM

Karhu said:
Gamaliel said:

Shonen on my book.

That was already more than 50% of the whole series.

Hmm..based on my reading of Fate/Zero, I would say it's in between shounen and seinen. Probably a "more mature shounen" (like FMA) if there's such a thing.

The anime (at least the first part) does seem to tone down a little on the dark, serious mood.

Anyhow, I haven't read or watched Mirai Nikki so I don't know how that's like compared to Fate/Zero.
Modified by sallym613, 12-24-11, 9:41 PM

12-24-11, 9:47 PM

Fuck you. Is this the most painful wait I'll have to ... wait?

hi

12-24-11, 9:52 PM

sallym613 said:
Hmm..based on my reading of Fate/Zero, I would say it's in between shounen and seinen. Probably a "more mature shounen" (like FMA) if there's such a thing.

The anime (at least the first part) does seem to tone down a little on the dark, serious mood.

Anyhow, I haven't read or watched Mirai Nikki so I don't know how that's like compared to Fate/Zero.

...Lol, I can't imagine Fate/Zero as shounen when

Pages (23) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices