MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Fate/Zero Episode 13 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Fate/Zero »» Fate/Zero Episode 13 Discussion

Pages (23) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Fate/Zero Episode 13 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

326 74.60%
4 out of 5: Liked it

70 16.02%
3 out of 5: It was OK

26 5.95%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

8 1.83%
1 out of 5: Hated it

7 1.60%
Voters: 437

12-25-11, 12:54 AM

Farewell best show of the season. Bye Rider, see ya in April ;_;

12-25-11, 1:13 AM

Nice ending of the first cour, glad they didn't rushed through the Caster fight to fit it into the 13th episode since in the end this wasn't intended as a season finale, it was just a regular episode.

Will hold off my rating until the second cour is done. Can't really rate something that it's still not done. So far hats off to ufotable, best production of the year.

12-25-11, 1:14 AM

Looks like shit's about to go down in April!

12-25-11, 1:18 AM

sallym613 said:
Karhu said:
Btw, my time spent to manga is currently 112 days, 6 times more than yours together. I read manga from all these genres so I do know a little more than just the meanings of those terms.

What if Thess' anime/manga list isn't up to date?
What if people read more manga in a shorter amount of time?

Just saying. No need to be presumptuous here.

Also I'm curious: What do you exactly define as seinen, especially "plot-wise" then?

Yeap. What if... I don't care to search and add stuff in a forum profile?

(Like I don't, btw, because it's a waste of my time and frankly only discuss what catches my eye strongly).

Lol, the presumption made me laugh aloud. I don't know if they are being a troll on purpose or not. I hope they are just trolling.

Like I say, there's absolutely no way to "define" seinen plot wise, because that's a demographic designation not a genre. Seinen, like with shounen or shoujo or josei, can have many genres which includes a variety of plots: romance, sci-fi, adventures, etc. Shounen can have darker elements and some seinen can be light hearted, but that's ok, because what matters is the audience they are aiming the story? Sometimes the protagonists ages are closer to the audience, but it's not always (Madoka for example, they were like 13-15 years old female protagonists and it's still seinen).

I know that the Manga adaptation of Fate/Zero is being published in Young Ace, a seinen magazine. ;) Of course, sometimes the different adaptations have no bearing (Trinity Blood light novels are seinen and the manga adaptation is shoujo), but in this case they match since it's aired in Japan in what they consider the ADULT timeslot. Never apply how your country regulates anime to how the Japanese do, that's plain ignorance in the study of a different market that places a product in a completely different audience (without the same maturity and habit of the local Japanese one when it comes to anime). It's Marketing 101.

Thank you LunarMoon and sallym613, btw.
Modified by Thess, 12-25-11, 1:42 AM

12-25-11, 1:26 AM

nice thing to end 1 season
somehow rider like the main character in this episode

now we must wait till April 2012

12-25-11, 2:01 AM

Enjoyable, mainly because of the good cast [like them more than most of the characters in fate/stay night]... a solid 8/10. Looking forward to the second season!

12-25-11, 2:47 AM

Why oh why are you so cute crazy Ryuunosuke??

Oh and for the series: WHAT A CLIFFHANGER!!! Can't wait for April xD

The first episode is why I can't rate this anime a 10. It was just too long with too much confusing dialogue. But still the animation and the action scenes were incredible, and the story is awesome. 9/10 easily from me :)

Are you sexy as f*ck? If yes, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Join MAL's sexiest users!!!!!

12-25-11, 2:49 AM

OMG fate zero truly is amazing :D
can't wait for the second season XD

12-25-11, 3:26 AM

Hands down the best series of the year on virtually every level and in virtually every episode. So now, we have 3 more months (plus one or two weeks) to wait for the second season is that it ? 10/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

12-25-11, 4:07 AM

Now that was intense episode. Now I have to wait for 3 months to see part 2. :/
The first season was beyond awesome. Every episode was a masterpiece. Loved every second of this show. 10/10 from me. :)

12-25-11, 4:19 AM

WOW....
EPIC...

Suddenly... I weirdly DON'T mind the wait. Mainly cos I KNOW that there's more to watch, and also because I don't want it to end. :P Smart people, ufotable. :)))

I am waiting for Caster to die a brrrrruuuuttttal death. =D
And then I'm waiting for Berserker! =D

I don't want Lancer to die. :( He's my beloved! I'm so charmed by him! haha!
Next season is gonna be kickass hawt but a real emotional crackdown cos the elimination will start... OH!!! what the hell!!! >.< I'm squirming already!!

Reallll Epic, this series...
I'm wondering WHY they made Fate/Stay Night with low budget... :? Even the plot was weak. Everytime I remember it now and everytime I end up comparing... It stands NOWHERE besides Fate/Zero!

Haaah.... *sigh sigh sigh*
I shall cherish this flavour till April.. :]

12-25-11, 4:31 AM

What a great season it has been. Time has flown like the epic frame rates on the animation on the show.

Ufotable has done a fantastic work in this season so far, and I simply cannot wait for the last season to air. Those last 3 - 4 month waiting is going to be really hard, but for Fate\Zero fag people like me, I will muster the agony!

The animation throughout the season was just fantastic, I just cannot think of any other shows being animated in such bliss than Fate\Zero has. It's just breath taking to watch and the story is amazingly well written. Simply Epic!

As for the episode with one of the epic cliffhangers out there, it was expected but to be in that extend I didn't predict at all. 3 Servants charging with their might against one annoying frog looking Servants is indeed going to be something I will look forward in the next season.

Again Rider is the best bro in the show. What a boss he is!

As for the rating for me. The show won't go below 10/10 for me. The music, the characters in the show are just amazing. They all got their story to play and are unique in a way you'll just take them into you. Well not everyone is that gullibe, Caster and his master can die in a fire for all I care. Mwuhahahah

The show was really well paced as well, only some minor things were left out, but can be caught up with the Light Novel of the show in the whole.

Definitely show of the year for me. and I would also think that the last season would capture next year's as well.

Thanks to Ufotable and Unlimited Translation Works for one epic job well done on this show. I salute!

10/10

12-25-11, 4:42 AM

Ended as expected.

8/10 overall. Not that it's not 10/10 material, it's just that it has no ending whatsoever, thus 8. S2 will most probably be 10 for sure. If it were just one show (and not as shown on MAL 2) this would've been rated 10.

Great music, great art, great character development, great fights, overall perfect show, but I simply can't rate it with 10 since it has no conclusion.

12-25-11, 5:35 AM

WoW!!!! This episode kick ass,,,,,, :D

It's sad we have to wait or another 3 month to see the continuation......

Fate/Zero was quite the ride..... It did not have many action scenes like the sequel Fate/Stay but it was pretty deep in the psychological department......

8 /10 for now.... Might upgrade after watching season 2....

12-25-11, 5:47 AM

I hate cliffhanger endings, but it was clear we would get one from the last few episodes sadly.

Overall i give it a 7.5/10 i guess. the animation overall was good, though some episodes fell off compared to the usual quality. Ryonusuke and Caster really suffered under the censoring, they would have been twice as awesome if you could actually see the carnage they unleash. Gilgamesh and Kirei only shined when having their discussions, apart from that they were really bland characters. Music was great.

Not a masterpiece, but definitely a good anime.
Modified by Lapan, 12-25-11, 5:57 AM

12-25-11, 5:53 AM
Forum Moderator
The end with such a cliffhanger and we have to wait till April to see the conclusion!!
That's just fucked up no matter how you look at it.

The episode itself was a bit slow and odd the end the season with tho it's nice to see that things started the question is will next season continue the pace like this one did.
And how will the character develop hopefully Saber will be able to go at full power again at some point.

12-25-11, 7:26 AM

WHY CAN'T I RATE THIS SHOW HIGHER??!!
THANK YOU UFOTABLE FOR AN AMAZING ADAPTATION OF THE FIRST HALF!!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT HALF! IT WILL BE GLORIOUS!!
"You watch too much."
"I don't watch enough."

12-25-11, 8:15 AM

Great show, too bad I'll have to wait 3 months to see the rest of it. Oh well, I'm waiting for the blu-ray release to see Ryunosuke and Caster in all their gore glory and hopefully the full version of the King's Feast.

And I really cannot agree with the fact that it didn't progress the plot or whatever like some people are claiming, but to each their own.

As for the lack of action sequences, I'm sure that the 2nd half will have much more, but honestly, don't watch a Type-Moon show only expecting to see "lolbeamsandexplosions". Just don't. It's more about the characters, plot and underlying themes than fights. Sure, Fate/Stay Night was quite action packed(both anime and VN), but even that had a lot of discussions about ideals and whatnot. Especially in the 3rd route where the action really takes a backseat.
Modified by Lynx_7, 12-25-11, 8:18 AM

12-25-11, 8:22 AM

Awesome season 1, 10/10 for it, might change if season 2 won't be great, but I doubt so!

12-25-11, 8:29 AM

Thess said:
sallym613 said:
Karhu said:
Btw, my time spent to manga is currently 112 days, 6 times more than yours together. I read manga from all these genres so I do know a little more than just the meanings of those terms.

What if Thess' anime/manga list isn't up to date?
What if people read more manga in a shorter amount of time?

Just saying. No need to be presumptuous here.

Also I'm curious: What do you exactly define as seinen, especially "plot-wise" then?

Yeap. What if... I don't care to search and add stuff in a forum profile?

(Like I don't, btw, because it's a waste of my time and frankly only discuss what catches my eye strongly).

Lol, the presumption made me laugh aloud. I don't know if they are being a troll on purpose or not. I hope they are just trolling.

Like I say, there's absolutely no way to "define" seinen plot wise, because that's a demographic designation not a genre. Seinen, like with shounen or shoujo or josei, can have many genres which includes a variety of plots: romance, sci-fi, adventures, etc. Shounen can have darker elements and some seinen can be light hearted, but that's ok, because what matters is the audience they are aiming the story? Sometimes the protagonists ages are closer to the audience, but it's not always (Madoka for example, they were like 13-15 years old female protagonists and it's still seinen).

I know that the Manga adaptation of Fate/Zero is being published in Young Ace, a seinen magazine. ;) Of course, sometimes the different adaptations have no bearing (Trinity Blood light novels are seinen and the manga adaptation is shoujo), but in this case they match since it's aired in Japan in what they consider the ADULT timeslot. Never apply how your country regulates anime to how the Japanese do, that's plain ignorance in the study of a different market that places a product in a completely different audience (without the same maturity and habit of the local Japanese one when it comes to anime). It's Marketing 101.

Thank you LunarMoon and sallym613, btw.

So I say I have read lot of seinen, shonen and shojo to make it clear that I do have experience about those and that makes me a troll? Fine, you are troll for assuming I don't know what seinen and shonen are. Assumption was that everyone knows what seinen and shonen are but looks like it was too much. Gotta apply yo.

C'mon, you are just defining my sayings and not actually saying anything new. I said shonen, seinen and shojo are wide genres. I use word "genres" because that's what most of people use. I said "themes" and you are using "elements" meaning the same thing.

At first you actually said that content doesn't have anything to do with the audience it's directed.

Akumetsu was published in shonen magazine and it's seinen manga.

Fate/Zero is shonen which is made to look somewhat like seinen because of the dialog and timeslot. It's still more shonen, think otherwise if you like. Enough wasted time here already. Bye~

Pages (23) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices