Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]
Oct 30, 2019 12:19 PM

Jan 2015
Wow, talk about a disappointment.
After hearing great things about this anime considered a masterpiece by many, it was an extremely flawed first half in many ways.

6/10 for the 1st half.
The 2nd half should be better, hopefully

Overrated, don’t know where that 8.40 is coming from
Feb 3, 2020 9:10 AM

Dec 2014
well that was nice...and only assassin dead...very big hopes for season 2
Feb 17, 2020 11:31 AM

Sep 2019
This is my first time experiencing the world of Fate. Even though there was confusion on my mind but I overcame them and finally starting to understand that yeah I started with the right Arc.

The show was equally distributed and focused on every character, that what they desire, there idols and etc other than focused on the characters itself.

6/10.
Feb 17, 2020 11:35 AM

Sep 2019
Xenocrisi said:
Wow, talk about a disappointment.
After hearing great things about this anime considered a masterpiece by many, it was an extremely flawed first half in many ways.

6/10 for the 1st half.
The 2nd half should be better, hopefully

Overrated, don’t know where that 8.40 is coming from
exactly, I don't understand how this season got 8.40. Such high rating was the reason for me to watch this (Fate zero) but now I'm little disappointed.
Feb 19, 2020 2:30 AM

Apr 2009
Botato said:
Meritas said:
What a horrible cliffhanger.

Gonna score this after I see Season 2. But for now I don't really see why people hype it better than F/SN, before even seeing S2. Personally I am not all that impressed for now.
Because DEEN's anime is mediocre and looks like shit.

The VN is better than F/Z though.

LOL. Deen's anime is great during that time. (2006)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2020 3:06 AM

Nov 2013
ezaya said:
Botato said:
Because DEEN's anime is mediocre and looks like shit.

The VN is better than F/Z though.

LOL. Deen's anime is great during that time. (2006)
Did you seriously just respond to something from six years ago? O_o

Also it's below average compared to what came out during that time.
Hell even things from 2004 look better.
Feb 29, 2020 8:04 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
This is not my genre of anime at all. I don't like anything to grim/dark or anything violent/gory yet I found myself totally hooked after the first few episodes. I like that there are seven players all with their own motives, powers, weakness, backstories etc. It makes for an interesting dynamic. Some people have complained about lack of action but I don't give a shit about that - in fact, I like the dialogue scenes. Also, Lancer has become a real favourite of mine - I hope he wins. Based on all that, I would give it a 9/10 if it weren't for one big problem...

Caster is still fucking alive. Look villains are meant to be villainous. They are meant to be unlikeable. I get it. But Caster and his Master are on another level of vileness that it is so off-putting that I just want them off my screen. But I can cope with a detestable villain if they get their comeuppance - because it's all the sweeter when they get what they deserve.

But it STILL hasn't happened!!! Despite being teased the whole series. So for that reason alone I'm dropping it to an 8. Kill those fuckers.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Sep 5, 2020 11:58 PM

Aug 2020
What a cliffhanger to end this season. I really enjoy the anime so far, a strong 8/10.
Nov 12, 2020 2:46 PM
Jul 2020
Okay, that cliffhanger got me good, lol.

This series was pretty good, in all honesty. In the beginning, the show started off with a great premise, but the lore was mostly unexplained and rushed; which was very tedious to stand throughout the story. From what I can surmise, there are 7 servants and masters that must fight the "Holy Grail War" in order to obtain the holy grail, which grants the winner anything that he wishes (iirc). The first 5 episodes were quite confusing though, as the story was very character driven and dialogue heavy. This isn't inherently bad, though. In fact, one of the things that Fate/Zero hit on the nail is the ability to convey the viewer through its interesting backstories and character development. However, the introduction of too many characters and the various info-dumps littered throughout significantly reduced the enjoyment of the show at times. The characters were well-developed, and the fights had reason to it; even ending diplomatically at times. All of the characters - servant and master included - had their motives of acquiring the Holy Grail; and their motives were constantly challenged and changed, giving the characters backdrop to their development.

I'm really hoping season 2 can explain things more thoroughly, and be more battle-oriented, as I feel it fits the story more.

Verdict: 8/10, less info-dumps and more thorough information is needed in order for this series to reach perfection. Otherwise, it's pretty well-written.
Dec 16, 2020 2:44 AM

Jul 2019
I'm tempted to give it an 8 for the beautiful animations by ufotable but its actually a 7 so far. Its very good, but some people with no prior knowledge of the series could be bored off really,its not a part I would love to rewatch again. I'm sure the 2nd season is the one I'm looking for.
Feb 9, 2021 11:42 PM

May 2020
Tbh the real fight just about to start. Let see how it goes
Mar 19, 2021 6:42 AM
Apr 2020
Wow.. Quite an another cliffhanger. Ufotable really loves the hype scenes getting cutted up.

I must say, this season is a rollercoaster ride for me. Tbh, The first half of this series is a bit boring for me and it made me sleep. I feel like the pop talks of the characters are a little overstretched to prolong the story with minimized action. Well atleast the wait are worth it since the fight scenes in the latter part of the series was pretty bad ass.

8/10 for this one. I hope in the next Fate/zero there will be more interesting ones rather than just purely conversations..
Jun 27, 2021 6:44 AM
Jul 2018
Very good finale.
I have to say I didn't have high expectations for this show. I think ubw is painfully average and even the first half of this season was pretty boring. But when this picked up it picked up fast. Some of the conversations towards the end were just incredible, not close to mono level dialogue but still amazing. Ahead of the 2nd season I still have some questions:
Kotomine's wish
How the characters of Saber, rider, and archer will be taken
Why kiritsugu is seen as such a great mc. If I'm being honest he was easily the weakest part of this season, he's really boring and just feels like a nothing edgelord. On top of that he's done a total of like 3 things. But I'm sure he gets much better.
Aug 29, 2021 9:26 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Now that's one heck of a teasing finale right there! I've my semester beginning in 8 hours time but I suppose it'll be a sleepless start.

All this extra focus on the characters is nice to have, Rider in particular is just too good. It's a treat to watch the interactions between him and his immature master. Caster and his master's interactions and ideological explorations, on the other hand, are kind of interesting because of the twisted nature and it really fits Urobochi Gen-sensei's work, imo.

With that said though, the action, or decisive action if you will, taking a heavy hit as a result is a bigger downside for me. Feels like a fair amount of beating around the bush and that took away a lot of the enjoyment factor for me. Just one servant down so far, and that's testament to it.

Compared to UBW, the soundtracks and the theme songs don't compliment as much. Not saying it's anywhere near bad though but perhaps it's due to the order that I was suggested, I expected a bit more.

Going to settle with a 7/10 for this season. Off to Season 2 now, and hopefully that'll be resound with me more.
_MushiRock11_Aug 29, 2021 9:54 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 30, 2021 3:40 AM

Dec 2012
Okeanos.
Waver was dreaming.
Ryuunosuke and Aohige return to their hideout.
Ryuunosuke breaks down.
LMAO Rider bought the game and console.
Waver and Rider sense Caster.
Sola and Lancer.
Initial F is back.
LMAO at how Caster saw Saber from his side due to his eye.
WTF is that?
Caster was absorbed.
Saber is under the protection of the lady of the lake.
Dat upskirt. Saber booty shots.
Dat ending.

And that was only the halfway point. Sola so fine.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 6, 2021 11:00 AM
Aug 2017
10/10 onto season 2

Anime, opening, and OST all top notch

Rider best servant
Dec 28, 2021 11:20 AM

Jun 2019
That was a cliffhanger, alright. But, it was good overall. The animation was impressive as you can expect from ufotable and looks like we're straight up getting into the fight. Rider is the best so far. I loved his character very much.
Feb 17, 2022 7:42 AM
Feb 2022
JUST YES ABSOLUTE MAD HOUSE OF A SHOW WHAT A SHOW WOW
Apr 29, 2022 4:02 PM

Feb 2021
Bruh what 20 minutes of nothing and this is the cliffhanger? I thought they were going to bring in Kirei like last ep. This whole season was pretty disappointing, like 5/10 at best. Hopefully next season is better because now this story's sense of direction is all over the place
CrackApr 29, 2022 4:36 PM
Jun 12, 2022 11:08 AM
Nov 2020
Some appreciation for the OP and ED too not just the animation and Caster and his master's relation is damn built with the greatest form of harmony, tho they wicked
Aug 26, 2022 1:53 AM
Jan 2020
pre fire, cliff hanger ready for s2
Sep 2, 2022 9:55 PM
Jul 2021
almost isso ai mis
Sep 21, 2022 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
The CG when Caster transforms into that giant creature was a bit weird to look at. I just felt so, but other than that it was a good episode. With UFOTABLE putting its 101% towards the end of the episode. The first 17 minutes of the episode literally feel like a slice of life episode. The story continues after that.
Oct 2, 2022 7:15 AM
Mar 2021
Fate/Zero é legal mas sei lá, os personagens são meio sem graça, especialmente a saber
Nov 17, 2022 5:26 AM
Sep 2018
Just like always.. Wow another worst potrayal of King Arthur!!

KING ARTHUR WHO HESITATED TO USE HER POWER BCUS HER IS AFRAID OF REVEALING HER IDENTITY THAN SAVING PEOPLE WOW!!

SABER THIS SEASON IN FATE/ZERO REALLY SEEMS LIKE NAIVE, CHIVALROUS EVEN IN A HOLY GRAIL LIKE IT'S JUST A TOURNAMENT AND WEAK WILLED YOUNG LADY WHO IS NOT TAKEN SERIOUSLY AT ALL WOW!

Really Nasu.. I wonder why u make someone else messed with your own works and character..

GOOD JOB GEN THANKS FOR YOUR POTRAYAL OF KING ARTHUR WHO IS JUST A BLAND MC. REALLY AMAZED ME BEYOND DOUBTS. LET'S ME GUESS YOUR FAV CHARACTER.. IS IT ISKANDAR? WHO COULD HAVE KNOWN!! *SHOCKED*
Feb 9, 2023 6:34 AM
Mar 2021
best fate serie in Anime
Feb 17, 2023 3:05 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Mostly a calm-before-the-storm kind of episode. Just imagining what it must've been like for season 1 to end right before all hell breaks loose. 

Definitely enjoyed it more watching it the 2nd time. I'll be raising my score from a 7 to an 8; but just a low-ish 8, perhaps an 8.2.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 19, 2023 8:38 AM
Feb 2022
It was nothing special in any department.
Perfect disappointment.
It's complete opposite of Jojo series.
Jojo is too intresting in everything when compared to this.

Also my delusion that ufotable does good animation always ends with it.
Flashy animation ain't always good.

6/10
Jul 25, 2023 3:24 AM
Jul 2023
CLIFFHANGER NOOOOO
- Waver and Rider's relationship is so wholesome and it was beautifully shown in this episode :)
- Saber has Jesus powers!!!
- I cant really tell if the monster that Caster made looks good or horrible

Sep 1, 2023 5:49 AM

Dec 2022
F dem cliffhanger the ultimate final villain, but anyhow i though this was a good season finale with Caster screaming to get excluded from the war as quick as possible lmao and i'm probably gonna expect the major of the major things to happen in S2 which is gonna wrap up the conclusion of the 4th holy grail war here and since i've alr watched stay night 2006 by Deen i'm dead curious how it led up to that point.

Sep 2, 2023 3:55 PM
Feb 2021
master piece :3333
Sep 13, 2023 2:21 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2014:

Sep 22, 2023 6:14 PM
Jan 2022
Eu gostei, mas esperava um pouco mais. Rider é o melhor personagem até agora, mas Gilgamesh me despertou interesse.
Dec 1, 2023 7:23 PM

Nov 2023
Damn it's already over. This was a good anime
Dec 8, 2023 7:18 AM

Jan 2017
Is Rider one of the best anime characters to ever exist?

YES
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Dec 16, 2023 11:17 AM
Dec 2023
berserker is good
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.