Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2011 4:50 PM
Jun 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So many "no guards" in this episode.Wow Aichi lost, and was actually saved.Shop Tournament next week but we have the old Aichi back.
Dec 23, 2011 5:30 PM

Dec 2007
I like how the producers emphasized this fight, such as having Rugos fly by Kai's head and the Blaster face-off.

I loled at Aichi's failed "Final Turn". Only Kai can pull off a Final Turn. He's the one who invented it. His image is just stronger. (Which is probably why he can beat Psyqualia; Psyqualia imposes the fighter's victory image on the opponent, but Kai's imagination is just stronger than Aichi's.)

Suiko's cliche "him" only makes me believe more strongly in my personal prediction of Clay having a king. That's probably who they're working for.

And for shits and giggles, when Aichi asked Blaster Blade to join him again, Blaster should've rejected him as payback. XD (Hey, Aichi needs to re-earn the loyalty of his cards, after all.)

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Dec 23, 2011 6:09 PM

Jun 2010
I thought the tournament was still going. Why are they having the shop tournament? Did they drop out or something?

Dec 23, 2011 6:11 PM

Feb 2008
No more yandere Aichi I see... disappointed.

He still have the psyqualia though from Suiko's words at the end, all hope might not be lost.

Did he left that awesome Shadow Paladin deck on that table and walked away without it? What happened to the Nationals anyway?

Dec 23, 2011 8:49 PM

May 2008
I guess now even though he still have psyqualia he will not depend on its power. Aichi didnt even say sorry for leaving his cards ;( dam blaster blade should have slashed him for fun ;D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 24, 2011 12:48 AM

Sep 2007
Not disapointed.
Look normal for me ... Hey ... Aichi have lost.
Dec 24, 2011 2:32 AM

Aug 2009
I had been looking forward to this episode for the entire week... lol
It felt kinda cheesy at the end and stuff, but I'm happy Aichi-kyun's back. ^^

I'm also quite confused about the shop tournament... Unless it's just something the manager started to help pass the time between the elimination round and the finals. But I like the idea of PsyQualia's images being slower than Aichi's own image. :3
Konohana Niji
Translator, Writer, Illustrator
Critic, Reader, Viewer, Gamer

Translator of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime and Deemo -Last Dream-

Tumblr / Twitter
Dec 24, 2011 11:27 AM

Jun 2008
In a way I hoped Aichi would win and succumb even further to the power of Psyqualia, but this was still a pretty damn good episode.
Dec 24, 2011 3:29 PM

Apr 2010
He was overusing that dark phantom dragon. No wonder his opponent defeated him :p

It is good to have Aichi back to normal though. I hope he can somehow combine psyqualia with his normal playing to enhance himself without becoming a douche again.
Dec 25, 2011 12:17 AM

Jul 2009
We've seen the power of both decks, now imagine how a combination of both would work out. You would need an incredible amount of luck to pull it off, but it would look pretty nice.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Dec 25, 2011 1:06 AM

Sep 2008
thas was Epic
just that.
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 25, 2011 2:45 AM

Aug 2010
Robbini said:
We've seen the power of both decks, now imagine how a combination of both would work out. You would need an incredible amount of luck to pull it off, but it would look pretty nice.

I was actually hoping Aichi could combine both decks and like own using them too XD anyways despite the clicheness this episode has to offer, I gotta say Kai is pretty awesome in everything he does lol I had to refrain myself from going to my imaginary plotline where Aichi cries and Kai smiles and hugs him anyways another random shop taikai episode, hoping to see Aichi still being as strong as he is now even without the yandereness :D
Oh yea Alfred Early lacked screen time, even if it was only to superior ride Blaster Blade
Dec 26, 2011 1:06 PM

Sep 2010
Another shop tournament? I wanted to see what happens at Nationals.

I for one am happy that we don't have to deal with Aichi's big talk anymore. Only Kai can back up what he says without any type of power.
Mar 2, 2013 1:14 PM

Sep 2008
For a cheesy show, this episode sent tingles down my spine.
Aug 12, 2013 9:51 PM

Nov 2011
Ah, so Aichi is back to his normal self again after abandoning Blaster Dark in that fight. Well I guess I should be happy right?

Now I have to deal with his shy self again. Anyways, I'll look forward to his inevitable fight against Ren in the future.

On the other hand, I also want to see that cyan haired girl fight sometimes in the future as part of Team Ultra Rare.
Aug 20, 2014 3:01 PM

Apr 2011
Robbini said:

Chaos Paladin deck heh
Aug 12, 2016 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
When the OP started playing during Kai's final turn, kyaa♥♥ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 9 Discussion

Nanodesu - Mar 4, 2011

10 by ZaneRobie »»
Feb 9, 2023 12:37 PM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrHatandClogs - Jan 7, 2011

56 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 21, 2023 9:58 PM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 58 Discussion

vanissa45 - Feb 10, 2012

20 by Zetsumu »»
Sep 27, 2022 4:03 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 4 Discussion

Nanodesu - Jan 28, 2011

24 by SemperKaladin »»
Aug 10, 2022 8:13 PM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 62 Discussion

vanissa45 - Mar 9, 2012

21 by Gvendoline »»
Apr 7, 2021 6:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.