MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Mawaru Penguindrum »» Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion

Pages (22) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

566 74.57%
4 out of 5: Liked it

87 11.46%
3 out of 5: It was OK

61 8.04%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

21 2.77%
1 out of 5: Hated it

24 3.16%
Voters: 759

12-22-11, 11:32 PM

I certainly wasn't expecting it to end like that.
I'm content with how everything turned out, except for there not being a canon KanbaxHimari ending.
/biased pairing fan.

I didn't cry or feel it was as emotive as others are making it to be, though....
Second best anime of 2011, imo.

12-22-11, 11:36 PM

I loved it. One of the best anime of 2011.

10/10

12-23-11, 12:13 AM

I knew i wouldnt like the ending.

I just hated the brother resurection + everyone else not remembering just for the sake of not being a sad ending , i really hated that.

I guess it could be worse...

12-23-11, 12:20 AM

The ending was very satisfactory, especially for an anime. It was a very happy ending with a heavy price. I felt it compared to Madoka Magica's ending, except not as cruel and bittersweet.

As for the series, I don't doubt it was outstanding. I know it was outstanding. Though I'm gonna have a hard time recommending this to people because I'll have trouble explaining/selling them on it. I don't totally understand it myself. But I will enjoy learning more in future viewing hopefully. A beautiful masterpiece.

12-23-11, 12:27 AM

Dont get why people liked the ending so much here , lot of unexplained shit.

why were kanba and shouma in those boxes? what were the true intentions of shouma father? (is he even his father?)

What about the apple that himari got from shouma? how did ringo/double h knew about the phrase of the spell?

meh the more if think of it the more i dislike it.

12-23-11, 12:45 AM

Vanisher said:
why were kanba and shouma in those boxes? what were the true intentions of shouma father? (is he even his father?)

Shouma's father wanted to change society into something more fair so everyone could be equally happy. Those intentions were good, the problem were his methods.

As for the boxes, they represent humans' inherent selfishness, which might prevent us from reaching out to others and create inter-personal relationships.

Vanisher said:
What about the apple that himari got from shouma? how did ringo/double h knew about the phrase of the spell?

The apple is just symbolic of reaching out to others. It represent the connection/bond between people.

The phrase of the spell are just word that are important to the one you cast the spell for. Double H's words were important to Himari, so that's why Ringo used those words as the spell. The spell just represent the will to sacrifice for someone else out of love, so the words don't really matter much.

Anyway, almost everything in penguidrum is symbolic or metaphorical, so it makes more sense if you don't try to take it too much as face value.

12-23-11, 12:47 AM

Sadly lots of shit to assume for your answers.
Vanisher said:
why were kanba and shouma in those boxes?
Due to the Goddess punishment. It was so heavy the boxes may show the uterus of the mother and them suffering in it. Perhaps it even alludes to them possible dying till the apple was given to them. I have no idea as to why they were shown at that age in those boxes.
Vanisher said:
what were the true intentions of shouma father? (is he even his father?)
He is their real father from the eyes and other factors. Moreover his intentions were to change the world because he was sick of the child broiler.
Vanisher said:
What about the apple that himari got from shouma?
Shouma had it due Kanba sharing one with him. Perhaps Kanba was about to share it with someone else till Shouma stole it to give to Himari.
Vanisher said:
how did ringo/double h knew about the phrase of the spell?
Simply put due to them being all the time with Himari but most of all with Momoka minus Ringo. Perhaps H2 were around that time but more than anything they knew because of their connections of feelings that both the diary and many themes rely on a lot in this series.

BTW I edited to my final version of this series's post. Perhaps it might help understand some stuff. Correlated what I know into multi sections.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

12-23-11, 1:35 AM

Vanisher said:
Dont get why people liked the ending so much here , lot of unexplained shit.

Something called opinion.

12-23-11, 1:40 AM

1idd0kun said:

The phrase of the spell are just word that are important to the one you cast the spell for. Double H's words were important to Himari, so that's why Ringo used those words as the spell. The spell just represent the will to sacrifice for someone else out of love, so the words don't really matter much.

Yeah but how did ringo knew the important words for someone is the spell? and then that means momoka knew something important of everyone she tried to save in the train? (maybe each one important word is written in the diary) or something important for satoneshi to make him banish.

in this ep kanba said that the apple is given to those who are going to die for their loves , this applies to kanba and shouma in this episode , but not for the apple shouma gave to himari.

12-23-11, 1:59 AM

ahhh so amazing ;////;
can't stop crying > o <
really liked the part at the end where shoma and kanba were there again as kids ;////;
way too cute... way too sad...
MAWARU PENGUINDRUM YOU'LL ALWAYS STAY IN OUR HEARTS!!!

12-23-11, 2:00 AM

good show 8/10.

12-23-11, 2:03 AM

Vanisher said:

Yeah but how did ringo knew the important words for someone is the spell?

It's not that she knew. She wanted to save himari, to change her fate, so she chose those words, she bet on them (she said so herself).

I suppose you could say it was never about "knowing", but rather about believing. Ringo believed those words would work, and that's why they did.

Vanisher said:
in this ep kanba said that the apple is given to those who are going to die for their loves , this applies to kanba and shouma in this episode , but not for the apple shouma gave to himari.

The apple is a lot of things. What Kanba says is a reference to Miyazawa Kenji's novel, but Miyazawa used the apple motif in many ways: to represent love, bonds between people, the universe itself, etc. But in the end, if you think about it, all these things are closely related.

The apple Shouma gave to Himari was a symbol of Shouma reaching out to her, saving her, and giving purpose to her life. It represents their ties as family, etc.

12-23-11, 2:08 AM

Marathon this since morning, feeling dizzy right now.

12-23-11, 2:17 AM

this whole episode is the most WTF I have ever seen for this show

at the same time it breaking my heart DAMN YOU IKUHARA!

kanba turn into glass shard, shouma engulfs in that fire NOOOOOOOO my favourite character!, himari ressurected & naked AGAIN, sanetoshi still alive, himari & ringo become friends, that half apple, kanba & shouma letter to himari, shouma's I LOVE YOU to ringo, the children in ep 1 is the takakuras twin & the penguins followed them, himari has her own family adsdsdaffcgcvhg.............

so penguindrum is in shouma's heart after all..
eventhough there is certain unexplained stuff but it doesn't matter that ending is FABULOUS MAX~

7/10

12-23-11, 2:34 AM

I think that Kanba & Shouma became children again since they decided to not share the fruit,I an alternating world or so called transfer of destiny in this world plus Shouma saved Ringo & Kanba saves Himari also so they are in their original forms but with memories jumbled & little Kanba & Shouma were being followed by Penguin of Himari & Masako's penguins because I think they are waiting for Kanba & Shouma to return to them.

Well this is what I can understand because what happened was really complex.

I am gonna really miss this now because it has been so great & what an amazing end,I was really teary.

12-23-11, 2:39 AM

Damn, I love this show so much. Easily the show of the year for me. It makes my all time top 10 for sure.

That ending was just perfect. I could probably write an essay on why I love this show so much but for now I'm having difficulty doing anything but gushing.
As a shipfag, that Shouma/Ringo scene was amazing and heartbreaking. This sort of stuff is like my crack.

10/10

12-23-11, 2:59 AM

As always, when people don't understand it means it's awesome.

I personally don't get it. Or well, I get the overall story, I get the meaning and the symbolism.
What I don't get is where is the key that makes the overall plot "good". I get that the author thinks that "meaning" >>>>>>> narration but that's not what I like. Gosh, this is starting to reming me about Evangelion.

I will rewatch it. For now it's a "I don't know"/10

12-23-11, 3:03 AM

Beatuiful in every inch. It couldn't be made better, it's bittersweet, fullfilling ans still many things are left up to viewer's interpratation.

Generally, I loved this show. It was pure Lynch on LSD. And there are so many references you could write a book. I can't clearly judge if Penguindrum is another milestone masterpiece in anime industry beacuse I'm still high on emotions, but surely no other anime kept me on the edge every week.

10/10 and adding to top 5

12-23-11, 3:07 AM

confusing finale but emotional. I'll give it a 9

12-23-11, 3:09 AM

You can't expect everything always to be handed out to you. Sometimes the writers WANT you to THINK. You will never know for sure why somethings went how they went. Find the best interpretation that sets your mind at ease.

I for one enjoy a series that leaves me with questions and gives me the chance to theorize.

Edited:Grammar <_<
Modified by XBL_Drobie, 12-23-11, 4:33 AM

Pages (22) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices