Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 23, 2011 2:18 PM
Jan 2011
I expected Haruka to start crying when she saw Mr. Producer, but when HE ended up apologizing to her, I was really touched.

I can't say I liked the entire show, as it was a bit slow in the middle, but overall, a great finale to a great anime.
Dec 23, 2011 2:32 PM

May 2011
pretty decent anime, the ending was expected. Also, was Kuraoi laughing at the end?? 8/10 is the score I give it.
Dec 23, 2011 3:31 PM

Jul 2008
The rating of this show sure moved up over time. It started out at barely a 7 and now it is closer to an 8.

I loved the insert songs during the concert.
Dec 23, 2011 4:44 PM

Jan 2011
Pretty good Idol series i enjoyed it alot! hopefully it does well because i wouldn't mind seeing another season since this ending was pretty open to it.

*waits for GC and idolmaster's CDs to go on sale*
Dec 23, 2011 5:02 PM

Jun 2011
The show was a great ride and the ending episodes were really moving. The show was refreshing and pretty unique unlike many other anime today. Also unlike many other shows this season, this one has continually gone up in ratings instead of down. Hopefully that trend continues as it's well deserved.
Dec 23, 2011 6:19 PM

Sep 2011
Good last episode,watching all the girls sing together always puts a smile on my face,also the broducer finally got his wallet even with Mikki jelousy,at the end Kuraoi screw them again,and the end may leave a second season...lets see.

As a whole it was a good IDOL anime it was fun and the last episodes were pretty good,also has cute girls so without doubt a 7/10 for me good anime and again i dont mind a second season!!

Btw i want the Ost right now!!
Dec 23, 2011 7:45 PM
Apr 2010
Well, that's the end. BUT the one thing that is STILL the biggest mystery to me is HOW BAD DID PRODUCER-SAN FALL?? I mean holy crap; I've had my share of stage-prep before, even the stages for professionals, and A trap door IS NOT that high above. I mean did he fall onto jagged rocks?
Dec 23, 2011 9:04 PM

Aug 2009
pilipino101 said:
Well, that's the end. BUT the one thing that is STILL the biggest mystery to me is HOW BAD DID PRODUCER-SAN FALL?? I mean holy crap; I've had my share of stage-prep before, even the stages for professionals, and A trap door IS NOT that high above. I mean did he fall onto jagged rocks?

I imagined that he hit his head on the edge of the pit as he went down. Not so much a question of distance.

All in all, a fun anime. I'm a little sad Producer-san never got a song.

Kuroi is top-tier troll.
Ha-cha!
Dec 23, 2011 11:02 PM

Oct 2011
pilipino101 said:

this might help you figure it out

Best anime in forever, 11/10. Best drama. Best fight scenes. Best animation. Best wedding. Best broducer. All idols are God tier. Takane being a little higher God tier.

thetokyoterrorDec 23, 2011 11:06 PM
Dec 23, 2011 11:07 PM

Jun 2011
SEASON 2 NOW?! 0o0 PLEASE?! PLEASEEEEEEEE?!

:( I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't get to see a whole lot of Hibiki, she's still my favorite idol...
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Dec 23, 2011 11:18 PM

Nov 2007
An overall enjoyable anime, this whole episode was stolen by Kuroi's troll at the end though....I seriously laughed at that part.

Overall I say 7/10 for this series, would watch more if they make it.
Dec 24, 2011 12:52 AM

Nov 2010
Such an enjoyable and heartwarming anime. very likable characters and great music. i liked how they did the OP in the concert. This anime will definitely be missed. fingers crossed for a second season.

9/10
Dec 24, 2011 1:45 AM

Oct 2010
I'm sad it's over. I thought this anime was entirely cute and enjoyable to watch.
I hope a second season comes out. I'd watch it in a heartbeat.
Dec 24, 2011 3:39 AM

Jun 2009
Dec 24, 2011 5:09 AM

Mar 2010
Was surprised on how much I enjoyed watching this series. I have not played the games at all before watching this or read the manga but maybe I'll give them a shot if I can find them.
Dec 24, 2011 5:14 AM

Aug 2008
SoraLover1994 said:

:( I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't get to see a whole lot of Hibiki, she's still my favorite idol...
We saw A LOT of her during the performances, so I'm more than happy right now. :3
Dec 24, 2011 5:29 AM

Apr 2008
A 2nd season would be nice :D

Dec 24, 2011 7:04 AM

Jun 2011
I think one of the best things about a second season would just be more anime original songs. There wasn't a bad anime original song, and many of them I felt were better than almost any of the other songs in idolm@ster, such as promise or marionette. These two became instant favorites for me.
Dec 24, 2011 8:53 AM

Aug 2010
MY BODY WASN'T LADY.

I was hoping that the first song would be used at the end (the fact that it was showed as a performance, and the Haruka running towards 765 in the opening being an actual spoiler hinted at the possibility), it was a well executed scene. Another huge bonus for showing Chihaya having unpacked her stuff in her room. It's these little things that show the producers actually give a damn about the show they are making. I'm also glad that Ritsuko got her own performance again.

I'm not sure if I would like a second season, the story unfolded and came to end naturally. I think this was a great epilogue. 5/5.

Truth to be told, I would love an OVA in which Broducer gets a girlfriend and Miki is reminded about her place. Given the light nature of this show, it surprises even me how much I hate that self-centered idol celebrity. Go Haruka!

The show as a whole gets a 7/10 from me. Wasn't anything spectacular, but a good way to spend 24 minutes every week.
Dec 24, 2011 12:09 PM

Jul 2011
I liked this ending... but just imagine what if Producer actually did die? Think of the turmoil and chaos...the emotional distraught and pain. The blaming and finger pointing... I really wanted to see that play out especially since that funeral picture.
Dec 24, 2011 7:38 PM

Jun 2008
After seeing all the HINTS they laid down at the end of this episode,
if there is NO season 2............I'm going over to Japan and giving somebody a thorough BEAT-DOWN!!!
(Even though I'm truly a pacifist at heart.......)
Too Much ANIME......Not enough LIFETIME!!!!!!
Dec 24, 2011 8:48 PM

Jun 2011
destructo22 said:
SoraLover1994 said:

We saw A LOT of her during the performances, so I'm more than happy right now. :3

^_^''' I actually meant more in-depth like Haruka, Miki and Chihaya...
Actually, I want ALL of the characters to be more in-depth like these three.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Dec 24, 2011 9:58 PM
Oct 2011
Overall it was a great show and I will miss it just as much as I miss Clannad and Angel Beats.

Though I was kind of disappointed that Yukiho didn't get more screentime in this show since she is my favorite idol.

Either way, i'm happy she at least got some love in episode 22 with her birthday and episode 23 with little match girl before the show ended.

So overall I give this final episode a 5/5
Dec 25, 2011 2:14 AM

Nov 2011
Great way to end an anime series, this is the first slice of life anime that i've watched that actually makes sense throughout the entire show. Loved it from start to finish!

Depending on your music tastes, I think most of the Idolmaster songs that are featured as insert songs in each episode are excellent as they can get catchy very quickly when watching the anime.

On a side note, listening to メリー (Merry) and Kimi wa Melody helps wrap up the christmas and new year IDOLM@STER style.

Well done A-1 Pictures, can't wait for a sequel!
forumuser009Dec 25, 2011 2:18 AM
Dec 25, 2011 5:37 AM

Jun 2011
Wow finally we get to see their concert, and this show is really great man. Didnt bore me in the least, i cried and i laughed, really enjoyable. Hoping for a second season or some OVA. Also feel i had to say it again, ITS GREAT.
Dec 25, 2011 6:04 AM

Aug 2008
SoraLover1994 said:
destructo22 said:
SoraLover1994 said:

^_^''' I actually meant more in-depth like Haruka, Miki and Chihaya...
Actually, I want ALL of the characters to be more in-depth like these three.
Ah, well then yeah lol. But those 3 are like the three top main characters, so it's to be expected.
Dec 25, 2011 6:20 AM

Jul 2010
Pretty sure there would be a 2nd season, considering all the hints at the end of the episode

MOAR IDOLM@STER!! :D
Dec 25, 2011 12:19 PM
Nov 2011
All I can say is that thanks to this great show I officialy became an Idolm@ster fan after I saw the first three episodes.

Of course I would have loved to see an episode focused on Yayoi and her kawaii cooking show, in fact I would have loved to see an episode of her as an idol more than focused on her personal life.

ABOUT THE EPISODE it was awesome to see the girls together again as a team and to listen them in their Ready-Change Special edition, my favorite part was the flashbacks and the scene of the tree in Itsumademo, Dokomademo, it was a beautiful part, BTW looks like Ritsuko can learn coreographies as fast as Miki, since she knew she was going to appear in the last moment.

The ending suggested that there may me a second season cause all that is not enough to be focused in a singoe OVA, I also think that the part with Ai, Eri and Ryo in the interview at a restaurant just as the show started with 765 suggests that at least we can expect an spin-off series focused on 876, anyway it's sure that this is not the end of IM@S in the anime insudtry.
Dec 25, 2011 7:03 PM

Sep 2011
What a great episode. The final scene, though a bit cliched, is the best possible way to mark the end of the series. Now give me my Season Two please.

Also, is it me or did the rating for the whole series bumped up to a 7.77 from 7.2 or something like that overnight?
Dec 26, 2011 12:19 AM

Apr 2011
Great anime. I llaugh when they got scammed my president Kuroi.

Haruka has shown some liking to producer san ang Miki sensing that is already
in defense mode against her.
Dec 26, 2011 1:02 PM

Jul 2010
Great way to finish the series; a huge concert with everyone present! Thankfully Haruka gave the wallet as a discharge present in the end. Miki was all jealous and suspected her from trying to take "Honey" from her! xD

A season two is nearly inevitable with the success this series has and I must say I wouldn't mind one at all! 8/10.

Dec 26, 2011 5:11 PM

Jul 2008
That fucking glorious stream, man Kuroi is such a troll.
Dec 26, 2011 11:39 PM

Feb 2011
good show
8/10 for that
i enjoyed watching this show
Dec 27, 2011 12:29 AM

Jan 2011
Entertaining, but I don't really see a second season happening... Unless they make a story where Project Fairy happens, or maybe the up and coming idols make more of an appearance to the series.... I really only see specials and small OVAs in the future. Oh well.

Still though, I knew there was SOMETHING I liked about Takane from the very start. I sensed her love of Ramen...
Dec 27, 2011 4:31 PM

Jan 2010
Started this show knowing nothing about Idolm@ster and had low expectations. But well, here I am on the last episode, surprised at how good this anime turned out to be. Definitely not perfect, but it's one of the best damn shows I've seen in a while.
Dec 27, 2011 11:27 PM

Jun 2011
Shocked said:
Started this show knowing nothing about Idolm@ster and had low expectations. But well, here I am on the last episode, surprised at how good this anime turned out to be. Definitely not perfect, but it's one of the best damn shows I've seen in a while.

This.
Dec 28, 2011 5:11 AM

Apr 2011
Oh wow, Haruka is starting to develop feelings for broducer too.

Go Haruka!
Dec 28, 2011 6:13 AM

Jun 2008
Magito said:
Oh wow, Haruka is starting to develop feelings for broducer too.

Corection, "Everyone" is starting to develop feelings for BRODUCER~~~

It's just not showed, since in the end the main characters for this series are just Chihaya, Miki and Haruka. The others are pushed to the background. This is the only thing that irks me from this anime.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 28, 2011 7:00 AM

Sep 2010
This was a nice wrap up for a really nice show. I really enjoyed it from the beginning to the end and it's gonna be weird considering that I can't watch this weekly anymore.
I liked how they let everyone come together after all in these last two episodes. Seeing that Haruka was blushing when Miki was saying that Haruka wasn't allowed to get Producer-san for herself was nice. Also the last part with the evil Kuroi-saichou was hilarious, it was to be expected that it turned out like this. Nice that we got to see Ai, Ryou and Eri for once again (and last) and also the guys of Jupiter (but they also had some screentime last episode). Just like someone said at page 1, there's room for a sequel-like series, and I wouldn't mind that.
What I don't get though is where the units that we saw during the opening animation from Change!!! every week for the past three months have gone to?

kaimax said:
It's just not showed, since in the end the main characters for this series are just Chihaya, Miki and Haruka. The others are pushed to the background. This is the only thing that irks me from this anime.
Agreed. The other characters had too less screentime, the one that got the most less screen time was absolutely Yukiho. The 2nd episode (if I'm right) featured her as a sort of main character, but since then I've almost heard nothing from her. Also Azusa and Iori had almost no screen time, while most of the others had a episode especially for them in the 2nd half.
Dec 28, 2011 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
I decided to watch this anime, because I heard a lot about the game. I didn't expect myself to fall in love with every characters in this show, and their songs as well.
Honestly I was kind of hoping for a full blown concert episode that will over shadow ep 13 (which I have re-watched countless time). However, I was quite content with what I was shown. It was quite heartwarming and motivational to see all the idols coming to together in the end. Sacrificing their own potential opportunities so they could all reach their dream together.

I'm pretty happy with the way this anime has turned out. The story it's not too overly dramatized. I feel that it has done a good job introducing us the lifestyles and backgrounds of each idol, while not stirring too far away from the core theme of the show, "'what makes an idol".

I think one of the reasons that keeps me watching Idolm@ster anime, is simply to see various characters of different personalities interacting with each other, supporting each other and trying to understand each other. Overall, it has been a very enjoyable show for me. I wish I own a PS3 so I can play the game...

p.s. Oh I wish there was an episode dedicated to Kotori.
Dec 29, 2011 12:53 PM

Dec 2011
Nice to see all the idols back together again after being separated alot due to jobs. Kuroi trolled them again. Made me lol a bit.

10/10
Dec 31, 2011 2:59 PM

Apr 2010
The animation of the concert is so gorgeous that I have plenty to take screenshots for. I'm now satisfied with the ending but if it has season 2 or an OVA, I would love it. It's underrated in MAL :( I'm really gonna miss this anime. It was a fun ride.

9/10 for me.
Dec 31, 2011 3:25 PM
Dec 2007
Ovindel said:

kaimax said:
Agreed. The other characters had too less screentime, the one that got the most less screen time was absolutely Yukiho. The 2nd episode (if I'm right) featured her as a sort of main character, but since then I've almost heard nothing from her. Also Azusa and Iori had almost no screen time, while most of the others had a episode especially for them in the 2nd half.
Azusa and Iori got their episodes just as everyone else did. In fact, you'd say Iori had too much screentime during the middle of the anime after Ryuuguu Komachi was created (she's more or less the leader of the trio) since there were several Ryuuguu-centered episodes.

Aside from Yukiho, everyone else got more or less the same amount of spotlight. You have to remember Haruka, Miki and Chihaya are literally the main faces of iM@S. As you can see from her storyline Haruka is pretty much the one the group is anchored around, and both Miki and Chihaya are popular among fans.

Dec 31, 2011 3:54 PM

Sep 2010
@Leon-Gun
I know I know, it was just so long ago and actually I expected at the beginning of the show in July that most characters would have multiple episodes featuring them as some kind of main character, but that was not the case with many of them. I just don't like that I almost only got to see Haruka, Chihaya and Miki at all last episodes. Of course there were some little scenes here and there with some other idols, but in my opinion there wasn't enough of it.
It's just annoying and not fair that not all idols get equal screen time, if I'd have to say it like that. If only they did some OVA's to go deeper in some personalities of the idols that didn't have much attention.

(And this is my first message in 2012, it's 0:52AM right now here.)
Jan 1, 2012 5:32 AM

Sep 2008
I knew Jupiter was always a bunch of great guys.
They need a spin off show right now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2012 7:39 AM
Jan 2010
Chief spent all their money and now they're bums on the street.
Baddo Endo.
Jan 3, 2012 12:38 PM

Aug 2008
HotCrossBuns said:
The animation of the concert is so gorgeous that I have plenty to take screenshots for. I'm now satisfied with the ending but if it has season 2 or an OVA, I would love it. It's underrated in MAL :( I'm really gonna miss this anime. It was a fun ride.

9/10 for me.
Your set is ballin.
Jan 3, 2012 3:13 PM
Dec 2007
Ovindel said:
@Leon-Gun
I know I know, it was just so long ago and actually I expected at the beginning of the show in July that most characters would have multiple episodes featuring them as some kind of main character, but that was not the case with many of them. I just don't like that I almost only got to see Haruka, Chihaya and Miki at all last episodes. Of course there were some little scenes here and there with some other idols, but in my opinion there wasn't enough of it.
It's just annoying and not fair that not all idols get equal screen time, if I'd have to say it like that. If only they did some OVA's to go deeper in some personalities of the idols that didn't have much attention.

(And this is my first message in 2012, it's 0:52AM right now here.)
Idol-specific OVA's wouldn't be a bad idea and I share your frustration with a few characters who didn't got a lot of cover. In the case of Yukiho the fact no one remembers she had her own episode is because the episode was actually one of the first (it's the one where they have their very first event). After that she got a few skits but she suddenly is pretty much ignored until the insert of Little Match girl at the very end of the season (which was completely eclipsed by Haruka's emotional outburst).

To tell the truth I wouldn't have a lot of frustration if Miki's arc and "emotional growth" wasn't all anchored around a me-me-me and "I want Honey to praise me" attitude. As the third "main character" she was too much of a contrast to Chihaya and Haruka and their pretty much perfect teamwork.

Jan 8, 2012 6:26 PM

Sep 2011
Not enough Iori. That`s all.
Jan 18, 2012 12:49 PM
Jan 2012
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Niyawa - Nov 10, 2011

65 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 8, 10:51 AM

» Do you have the original (this one) in order to watch million live and cinderella girls

FruityLime - Dec 9, 2023

1 by Mardhav_2007 »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:58 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 28, 2011

80 by Javen_the_Jammy »»
Oct 29, 2023 12:38 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Jul 7, 2011

191 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 25, 2023 5:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.