Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 10, 2014 4:39 AM

Mar 2013
Art is really phenomenal this episode, and truthfully in the entirety of Kira. Whereas the original Ni and Kai shone due to their plots, Kira has some cosmetic strength in its favor, as well as an upbeat Op and Ed, with cheerful music sprinkled in.

I wasn't a huge fan of episode 2, but episode 3 and 4 really bumped this up from a potential disaster, although its sub 7 score indicates that many were not thrilled.

The truth is that this is sorta like the After Story of Higarushi, so ofcourse things wont be as tense, violent, and mysterious. Still its nice seeing the characters you have grown to like over multiple seasons have some peace and serenity.

Will give it an 8/10, and am happy to have finished the entirety of Higurashi. A special anime series that is worthy of its acclaim, likely a top 50 anime series of all time.

P.S - Was sad to hear the last Nipaaa! really grew on me, as did Rena's "Kana, Kana".
SlickDJun 10, 2014 4:55 AM
Jul 16, 2014 8:44 AM

Apr 2013
The art in this OVA really was nice, I always like it when forests are pictured more realistic. It's subtle, but it definitely makes a change, that's part of the reason why Mushishi is so beautiful.

Nice to see some friendship between Hanyuu and Rika^^ and getting an overdose of Nipaaah!^^
Aug 17, 2014 1:55 AM

Jan 2014
The Nipah was cute once upon a time.

Btw, nice episode but I'm not sure of one thing: Did the others really forget the events of Hinamizawa or is just an asspull for the show to be less constricted?

Finally Hanyuu gets a lot of screentimes and finally that ungrateful brat of Rika gives Hanyuu what she deserves, a fucking smile.
You can be 100 years old, but I'd still bitchslap you.
Nov 14, 2014 8:01 AM
Dec 2011
young rika is so cute i cried amd blush like hanyuu did that moment =this is the first time it happen to me.
the story is a pure bliss to me it is so heart warming and i cried a lot.

it got me thinking this group of children have gone through much pain and now they can live in peace forever. from these 4 OVA'S i like this episode the best it alone deserves 10/10 ! this episode is a masterpiece... and for the first time i thought hanyuu is cute.! :3 time to watch OUTBREAK ! :3
Nov 24, 2014 3:26 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode to finish on. Little Rika looked really weird, though.
Mar 23, 2015 9:52 AM

Aug 2014
Little Rika so cute >_<.

Pretty average OVA series overal though but it's good to have some light hearted fun after such a dark series.
Jun 13, 2015 12:48 PM

Aug 2014
1 and 2 episodes were decent I guess, 3 and 4 were the best by far. And I liked this episode to, especially how young Rika shows Hanyuu what adult Rika truly feels about her, it was quite cute when they went hand in hand at the end of it all. Not a bad ending to the series at all!

7/10 just because the 1 and 2 episodes weren't quite that good imo.
Aug 19, 2015 10:15 AM

Feb 2015
Best episode of OVA imo and a nice ending to the series.

That nipah combo was so adorable, I almost cried.
Oct 24, 2015 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
I don't know why it's so much hated, because I really love this episode! I feel a lot satisfied with this...

This episode makes up for everything the first three episodes did. The first story is the most awful anime episode I've ever experienced in my life. I hate how it ruins the characters. Episode 2 is ok for me (who haven't watched Mahou Shoujo genre yet). Episode 3 is slightly better since I ship Keiichi with Mion. However, those three are still terrible for me averagely. I'd rate them at most 5, if not for this last Episode.

I know this might seems very wrong, but I can give (for only this episode) 10.
I feel the story can be peacefully closed with it. Love it so much.
removed-userOct 25, 2015 3:14 AM
Oct 14, 2016 11:50 AM

Apr 2016
Only the last 2 episodes were worth the watch.

Third was nice but the fourth was even better and had a great closure.

It was great watching you, Higurashi.

Farewell!
Feb 22, 2017 3:25 AM

Mar 2014
Each of these shows should've ended with legit H. Especially episode 3, that should've been H from the first to last second. However, it was still the best episode of the franchise.

7/10
Jan 25, 2019 1:46 PM

Jul 2014
The first two episodes were pretty crappy, but the last two episodes were alright.

Overall, 4/10.
May 9, 2020 7:21 PM
Apr 2019
Rika across the 8th dimension lol. Correct me if I'm wrong, but being the final episode of the continuos series, this is the first I've ever heard them talk about the Cicadas. Not to imply Cicadas haven't played a role in the series as a whole but Rena seemed to be the first and only person to bring it up in the entire series over half a decade :0
May 28, 2020 10:31 AM

Aug 2018
This is the perfect place to end the franchise. We have peace, and closure.
Aug 28, 2020 12:15 AM

Aug 2018
Very solid episode, I loved it. Little Rika was so cute, but I prefer the slightly older one!

Sep 30, 2020 1:53 PM

Apr 2013
I guess it says a lot about me that I enjoyed these OVAs more than the actual show and the OVAs before lol. Comedy and fanservice just appeal more to me than gore and mystery it seems.
Nov 11, 2020 8:47 AM
Oct 2019
Double Rika-chan, Double Nipaa~

I'm just realized the ending song on each episode was sang by the VA themselves...

Wholesome & Cuteness Episode đź‘Ś
Dec 20, 2020 4:26 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This episode was more serious, less funny but well overall it was pretty fun for the parody aspect xD
Dec 25, 2020 10:27 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ofc they ended it with a nice little mystery from Hanyuu and Rika's kid mode little adventure. Dang, why this lovely ova should end? Its always entertaining when every stories have their own route. I am honestly preferred this lovely one rather than creepy psychotic higurashi one. Even Hanyuu aggreed with me. However, the flagship of them where the mystery, psychological-horror-supernatural, intermingled at one show, its always became one of the most interest part of the series. While indeed, this one solid OVA Higurashi, proved that they improved it to be nice, if everything just ended into a peaceful day.

Higurashi Kira described it pretty decently, especially with these last. I don't care if the plotline mostly silly. When its can deciphered a lovely activities, what i love, i give the show pretty high. Surely this one deserved that, no matter what other peoples said.
8/10
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 7, 2021 12:01 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, just a nice addition to Rika's backstory.

The last 2 episodes were great but the first 2 episodes, especially the first one ... were not needed imo.
Jan 5, 2022 9:20 PM

Dec 2009
Overall, 6/10, including this episode.

Other than the 8 main chapters of the canon visual novel, I haven't read the rest of Hou or Higurashi Rei, so I don't know if this original concept is realistic at all to the lore of Higurashi.
From what I know of the main story and the "faithful" Higurashi Rei manga (which was a dream invoked from Hanyuu), I don't think a time paradox could occur, so Hanyuu's worry of young Rika knowing of her future was odd to me.

I've never read the other visual novels of the Higurashi universe, so I don't know if Umineko, etc. may have an explanation to the supernatural of this episode to the concept of young Rika traveling to the peaceful world after Higurashi Kai.

... Aside from all of that which feels off and innacurate to the canon lore of Higurashi, double Nipah from the Rika's and young Rika overall was adorable. Rena pulling Keiichi's d*ck was hilarious too.
Jul 5, 2022 10:06 PM
Mar 2022
Young rika was adorable. Nice episode. overall 7/10
Jul 21, 2023 6:50 PM
Jun 2023
quite a unique episode, and i loved the ending
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 22, 2011

220 by Taubensperma »»
Feb 9, 1:38 AM

Poll: » Favourite episode of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira?

Shiro- - Dec 3, 2012

6 by DvCGaming »»
Jul 25, 2023 2:41 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notnishiura - Nov 26, 2011

95 by DvCGaming »»
Jul 21, 2023 6:20 PM

» Watching Order

Klefki_of_Awsome - Sep 24, 2022

4 by Klefki_of_Awsome »»
Sep 25, 2022 5:05 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Oosran - Sep 23, 2011

121 by waalex11 »»
Jan 5, 2022 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.