Dec 20, 2011 7:35 PM

May 2011
i cannot really get my head around it could someone please tell me

much apreciated!

SPOILERS>
please make my breakfast every morning for me sweet cheeks! *bowling position"
Dec 20, 2011 7:40 PM

Nov 2011
There are a lot of speculations, I think because the ending was not really clear. You can Google it and there would be a lot of threads talking about it and yes, most of the answers you found will be speculations and assumptions from the viewers. It's up to you to pick the best assumption.

"Life is always a continuation of unpreparedness" - Evangline A.K. McDowell
Dec 20, 2011 7:53 PM

May 2011
Innoxious said:
There are a lot of speculations, I think because the ending was not really clear. You can Google it and there would be a lot of threads talking about it and yes, most of the answers you found will be speculations and assumptions from the viewers. It's up to you to pick the best assumption.

ahh i just looked it up i got a better idear and watched the extra 2 minute thingy thankyou for helping :D
please make my breakfast every morning for me sweet cheeks! *bowling position"
Jan 1, 2012 7:34 PM

Jan 2012
truesoul said:
i cannot really get my head around it could someone please tell me

much apreciated!

SPOILERS>

There Is I Think An Alternate Ending (However The Footage I Saw Was Only 1-10 Minuets Long) Showing Otonashi As The Student Council President Helping People Graduate. There Is Also Evidence Proving This Alternate Ending According To Wiki. Furthermore, I This Is The Most Logical Conclusion As Well Since Theoretically Otonashi Can't Leave Until He Has Fulfilled His Goal ( Going With Tachibana ) I Think That This Hopefully May Lead To A Second Season In Which I Greatly Hope For
Jan 1, 2012 7:34 PM

Oct 2011
they all left but him
Jan 6, 2012 11:45 AM
Jan 2012
Not sure if I missed something or not but one problem I had with this series was the timeline of when things were suppose to happen and kind of what happened in general. Again not sure if i missed something and its been awhile since I watched it but here where I'm confused; Otonashi died and went to the afterlife and from his body they used his heart to help save Tenshi (Angel) if this were to happen then first off why is she dead. Lets say she did get his heart but died a few months later then why did she beat Otonashi to the afterlife if he died a long time before she did the timeline here is completely messed up but hey maybe i missed some detail that explained it.

On a side note how the hell did he "fall in love with" an emotionless being?
cyelyJan 6, 2012 11:50 AM
Jan 8, 2012 10:59 PM
Jan 2012
He lost his memory somehow and got lost in the cosmic stream, also she isnt emotionless she is simplely shuting out her feelings after lossing so many of her friends to assincion and the inabilty to gain more friends due to distrust from thier disappearances. "don't try to befriend her, people have gotten obliterated that way."
i also touched on this in another topic as an explaination

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245588&show=100#post101
Apr 18, 2012 12:08 AM

Jan 2012
Well the 2 possibilities are
1: Otonashi moved on after Kanade and they meet in their reincarnations.
2: Otonashi stayed behind to help the people who go there to move on while waiting for Kanade.
May 20, 2016 1:42 PM

Aug 2014
am confused.. but not confused ...and confused again at the same time....o-o .. sooo is this a time loop?

May 21, 2016 4:08 PM

Sep 2015
It's really simple:
1. The afterlife that they were in doesn't have to be connected to the timeline of the real world, so Kanade could've beaten him there regardless of who died first.
(Much like Clannad's theory of the Illusionary world.)
and/or
2. Otonashi had already accepted the regrets of his life and thus didn't need to move on to the afterlife, but it was Kanade's wish that brought him back since she still had regrets of not being able to thank him.
and/or
3. The story that was introduced with the student who created the world and lost his memory of it or something, I don't fully understand the story for this one, so you might have better luck with the first 2.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

661 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 18, 2010

462 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 11, 2010

377 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

564 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1749 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 6:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.