MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Toradora!: Bentou no Gokui Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Toradora!: Bentou no Gokui »» Toradora!: Bentou no Gokui Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
View Poll Results: Toradora!: Bentou no Gokui Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

126 59.43%
4 out of 5: Liked it

46 21.70%
3 out of 5: It was OK

25 11.79%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

10 4.72%
1 out of 5: Hated it

5 2.36%
Voters: 212

12-29-11, 3:56 PM

this scene and Minorin's "eyes" lol...

12-29-11, 7:07 PM

Stupid.

12-29-11, 9:04 PM

tsuntsunrage said:
i think the scene in the end where Taiga-tachi have a lunch together is when Taiga Ryuuji have a romance relationship... ?
Yes, it's after they kissed in the TV series. Everyone is teasing Taiga in regards to that.

Taiga is essentially a person that would never dare to do much in public on her own. You would have to kiss her to do that, she would never less there is no one or no one is watching. That being said Ami and Minori were teasing her for that reason precisely. They knew Ryuuji and her kissed. IMO.

Did I detect Minori in the spoiler
having her regret still? Or perhaps a bitter feeling over Taiga x Ryuuji even after they kissed?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

12-29-11, 10:26 PM

Yumekichi11 said:
tsuntsunrage said:
i think the scene in the end where Taiga-tachi have a lunch together is when Taiga Ryuuji have a romance relationship... ?
Yes, it's after they kissed in the TV series. Everyone is teasing Taiga in regards to that.

Taiga is essentially a person that would never dare to do much in public on her own. You would have to kiss her to do that, she would never less there is no one or no one is watching. That being said Ami and Minori were teasing her for that reason precisely. They knew Ryuuji and her kissed. IMO.

No, most of the scenes in this episode are essentially flashback that happened in between the series. The timeline should be like this:

Taiga making lunch (present) --> flashback of ryuuji having a bento fight with kitamura's oba-san( somewhere in between the series) ---> Taiga done with the bento and brought it to meet with the rest of the crew (present).

12-30-11, 12:47 AM

I miss this show so much ;_;

I've noticed people are disappointing in this. I mean, it was a typical Blu Ray extra episode.
They never said anything about it being some alternate ending or anything, That was just rumours made up by fans, and those rumours ruined something you probably would have enjoyed otherwise. A shame.
Modified by iCab, 12-30-11, 1:25 AM

"FUCK ANIME, I'M GOING CAR RACING."

12-30-11, 6:53 AM

Kiev said:
Yumekichi11 said:
tsuntsunrage said:

No, most of the scenes in this episode are essentially flashback that happened in between the series. The timeline should be like this:

Taiga making lunch (present) --> flashback of ryuuji having a bento fight with kitamura's oba-san( somewhere in between the series) ---> Taiga done with the bento and brought it to meet with the rest of the crew (present).
They mished mashed the timeline? Really? I had more the impression it was right after the kiss but before the whole finalization of the transfer thus why Taiga had her uniform as to opposite of the black one.

12-30-11, 10:23 AM

I am a big fan of Toradora, but I think Im kinda disappointed bout it. I mean, is that all? O_O
sorry guys..

12-30-11, 1:15 PM

Nothing interesting.

12-30-11, 2:11 PM

I miss Toradora so much, I forgot how much I loved it. I hope they make a second season and see more Lunch Box Wars.

12-30-11, 4:09 PM

It was a nice episode, I missed the characters. Minori scenes win.

Yumekichi11 said:
Kiev said:
Yumekichi11 said:
tsuntsunrage said:

They mished mashed the timeline? Really? I had more the impression it was right after the kiss but before the whole finalization of the transfer thus why Taiga had her uniform as to opposite of the black one.
Yeah I think it's as Kiev said, because when the series finished they finished highschool, Taiga appears at the end of the graduation (last scene).

People that say that it should have been an epilogue, and not a "filler", with an epilogue it would have been a "filler" either way, because there is none :P
Modified by DuroDeMatar, 12-30-11, 4:23 PM

All my gifs are in my blog

12-30-11, 8:34 PM

DuroDeMatar said:
It was a nice episode, I missed the characters. Minori scenes win.

Yumekichi11 said:
Kiev said:
Yumekichi11 said:
tsuntsunrage said:

Yeah I think it's as Kiev said, because when the series finished they finished highschool, Taiga appears at the end of the graduation (last scene).

People that say that it should have been an epilogue, and not a "filler", with an epilogue it would have been a "filler" either way, because there is none :P
You mean apart from the PSP end game with Taiga. Right? The one everyone hoped for to be animated?

Well yeah in that case it is disappointing. Perhaps another standalone OVA may be appear in the future for that.

12-30-11, 8:35 PM

Funny episode. People obviously had high expectations from it (myself included), we really just want to see the characters further down the timeline. They maybe should've worked with the light novel author and tell some sort of story set after the series, but I guess you can't please everyone.

12-30-11, 8:51 PM

Pretty much what I was expecting.

Nice to see more Toradora after all this time.

Awesome episode.

01-01-12, 5:33 AM

Why was there so little screen time for the best female, Ami?
The rice cooker part was great though.

Wonder why he couldn't ask to cook it in the teacher's lounge or something... though it would still be ludicrous.

01-01-12, 3:17 PM

if this episode gives a lesson on lunch and food, it wont matter to me cuz i dont have any :p

01-03-12, 4:35 AM

Ah, I missed this show. Nostalgia when I heard the OP!

Ryuji trying to "beat" Okimura's grandma at cooking bento. He took it a little too seriously didnt he? The rice cooker in the middle of class went a little too far! xD
He was only doing it for his own pride instead of making the person happy. The end was very cute when she fed him. I do wonder where in the timeline this OVA took place though.

I'd really like to see a season two, but I don't think it'll ever come. =(

01-03-12, 10:58 AM

waaaaaaaaaaaaa! i missed them!!!
when i heard the opening song, waaaaaaaa! i got excited.. ;DDD
i really love this anime.. :D
seeing all of them made me really happy..

taiga made a lunch box? Saikou! 10/10 ! :DD

01-09-12, 4:28 PM

Well, this fucking sucked!!!

Now I see why it didn't make it to the original series.

FUCK, I was so excited about this and we get a complete waste of time episode.

FUCKING HORRIBLE!

0/10

01-10-12, 4:59 AM

The message at the end was nice.

01-13-12, 7:21 AM

ichigo03 said:
Well, this fucking sucked!!!

Now I see why it didn't make it to the original series.

FUCK, I was so excited about this and we get a complete waste of time episode.

FUCKING HORRIBLE!

0/10

Oh come on now, just because you did not like it, you didn't have to drag the whole score down. The ova yes indeed did not meet up to the expectations of a lot of people, but hey, what else could you expect from a story that has ended already? The novel's done, and the anime perfectly brought out what the novel has to offer and this ova itself is really a good complimentary piece of the anime.

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices