MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Toradora!: Bentou no Gokui Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Toradora!: Bentou no Gokui »» Toradora!: Bentou no Gokui Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (3) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6]
Poll: Toradora!: Bentou no Gokui Episode 1 Discussion


12-29-11, 3:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 3799
this scene and Minorin's "eyes" lol...
 
12-29-11, 7:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 170
Stupid.
 
12-29-11, 9:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
tsuntsunrage said:
i think the scene in the end where Taiga-tachi have a lunch together is when Taiga Ryuuji have a romance relationship... ?
Yes, it's after they kissed in the TV series. Everyone is teasing Taiga in regards to that.

Taiga is essentially a person that would never dare to do much in public on her own. You would have to kiss her to do that, she would never less there is no one or no one is watching. That being said Ami and Minori were teasing her for that reason precisely. They knew Ryuuji and her kissed. IMO.

Did I detect Minori in the spoiler
having her regret still? Or perhaps a bitter feeling over Taiga x Ryuuji even after they kissed?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
12-29-11, 10:26 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 351
Yumekichi11 said:
tsuntsunrage said:
i think the scene in the end where Taiga-tachi have a lunch together is when Taiga Ryuuji have a romance relationship... ?
Yes, it's after they kissed in the TV series. Everyone is teasing Taiga in regards to that.

Taiga is essentially a person that would never dare to do much in public on her own. You would have to kiss her to do that, she would never less there is no one or no one is watching. That being said Ami and Minori were teasing her for that reason precisely. They knew Ryuuji and her kissed. IMO.


No, most of the scenes in this episode are essentially flashback that happened in between the series. The timeline should be like this:

Taiga making lunch (present) --> flashback of ryuuji having a bento fight with kitamura's oba-san( somewhere in between the series) ---> Taiga done with the bento and brought it to meet with the rest of the crew (present).
 
12-30-11, 12:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 432
I miss this show so much ;_;


I've noticed people are disappointing in this. I mean, it was a typical Blu Ray extra episode.
They never said anything about it being some alternate ending or anything, That was just rumours made up by fans, and those rumours ruined something you probably would have enjoyed otherwise. A shame.
Modified by iCab, 12-30-11, 1:25 AM

"FUCK ANIME, I'M GOING CAR RACING."
 
12-30-11, 6:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
Kiev said:
Yumekichi11 said:
tsuntsunrage said:
i think the scene in the end where Taiga-tachi have a lunch together is when Taiga Ryuuji have a romance relationship... ?
Yes, it's after they kissed in the TV series. Everyone is teasing Taiga in regards to that.

Taiga is essentially a person that would never dare to do much in public on her own. You would have to kiss her to do that, she would never less there is no one or no one is watching. That being said Ami and Minori were teasing her for that reason precisely. They knew Ryuuji and her kissed. IMO.


No, most of the scenes in this episode are essentially flashback that happened in between the series. The timeline should be like this:

Taiga making lunch (present) --> flashback of ryuuji having a bento fight with kitamura's oba-san( somewhere in between the series) ---> Taiga done with the bento and brought it to meet with the rest of the crew (present).
They mished mashed the timeline? Really? I had more the impression it was right after the kiss but before the whole finalization of the transfer thus why Taiga had her uniform as to opposite of the black one.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
12-30-11, 10:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 14
I am a big fan of Toradora, but I think Im kinda disappointed bout it. I mean, is that all? O_O
sorry guys..
 
12-30-11, 1:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 91
Nothing interesting.
 
12-30-11, 2:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1378
I miss Toradora so much, I forgot how much I loved it. I hope they make a second season and see more Lunch Box Wars.
 
12-30-11, 4:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1629
It was a nice episode, I missed the characters. Minori scenes win.

Yumekichi11 said:
Kiev said:
Yumekichi11 said:
tsuntsunrage said:
i think the scene in the end where Taiga-tachi have a lunch together is when Taiga Ryuuji have a romance relationship... ?
Yes, it's after they kissed in the TV series. Everyone is teasing Taiga in regards to that.

Taiga is essentially a person that would never dare to do much in public on her own. You would have to kiss her to do that, she would never less there is no one or no one is watching. That being said Ami and Minori were teasing her for that reason precisely. They knew Ryuuji and her kissed. IMO.


No, most of the scenes in this episode are essentially flashback that happened in between the series. The timeline should be like this:

Taiga making lunch (present) --> flashback of ryuuji having a bento fight with kitamura's oba-san( somewhere in between the series) ---> Taiga done with the bento and brought it to meet with the rest of the crew (present).
They mished mashed the timeline? Really? I had more the impression it was right after the kiss but before the whole finalization of the transfer thus why Taiga had her uniform as to opposite of the black one.
Yeah I think it's as Kiev said, because when the series finished they finished highschool, Taiga appears at the end of the graduation (last scene).

People that say that it should have been an epilogue, and not a "filler", with an epilogue it would have been a "filler" either way, because there is none :P
Modified by DuroDeMatar, 12-30-11, 4:23 PM

All my gifs are in my blog
 
12-30-11, 8:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
DuroDeMatar said:
It was a nice episode, I missed the characters. Minori scenes win.

Yumekichi11 said:
Kiev said:
Yumekichi11 said:
tsuntsunrage said:
i think the scene in the end where Taiga-tachi have a lunch together is when Taiga Ryuuji have a romance relationship... ?
Yes, it's after they kissed in the TV series. Everyone is teasing Taiga in regards to that.

Taiga is essentially a person that would never dare to do much in public on her own. You would have to kiss her to do that, she would never less there is no one or no one is watching. That being said Ami and Minori were teasing her for that reason precisely. They knew Ryuuji and her kissed. IMO.


No, most of the scenes in this episode are essentially flashback that happened in between the series. The timeline should be like this:

Taiga making lunch (present) --> flashback of ryuuji having a bento fight with kitamura's oba-san( somewhere in between the series) ---> Taiga done with the bento and brought it to meet with the rest of the crew (present).
They mished mashed the timeline? Really? I had more the impression it was right after the kiss but before the whole finalization of the transfer thus why Taiga had her uniform as to opposite of the black one.
Yeah I think it's as Kiev said, because when the series finished they finished highschool, Taiga appears at the end of the graduation (last scene).

People that say that it should have been an epilogue, and not a "filler", with an epilogue it would have been a "filler" either way, because there is none :P
You mean apart from the PSP end game with Taiga. Right? The one everyone hoped for to be animated?

Well yeah in that case it is disappointing. Perhaps another standalone OVA may be appear in the future for that.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
12-30-11, 8:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 36
Funny episode. People obviously had high expectations from it (myself included), we really just want to see the characters further down the timeline. They maybe should've worked with the light novel author and tell some sort of story set after the series, but I guess you can't please everyone.
 
12-30-11, 8:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 13393
Pretty much what I was expecting.

Nice to see more Toradora after all this time.

Awesome episode.
 
01-01-12, 5:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 7208
Why was there so little screen time for the best female, Ami?
The rice cooker part was great though.

Wonder why he couldn't ask to cook it in the teacher's lounge or something... though it would still be ludicrous.
 
01-01-12, 3:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2331
if this episode gives a lesson on lunch and food, it wont matter to me cuz i dont have any :p


 
01-03-12, 4:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2881
Ah, I missed this show. Nostalgia when I heard the OP!

Ryuji trying to "beat" Okimura's grandma at cooking bento. He took it a little too seriously didnt he? The rice cooker in the middle of class went a little too far! xD
He was only doing it for his own pride instead of making the person happy. The end was very cute when she fed him. I do wonder where in the timeline this OVA took place though.

I'd really like to see a season two, but I don't think it'll ever come. =(
 
01-03-12, 10:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1754
waaaaaaaaaaaaa! i missed them!!!
when i heard the opening song, waaaaaaaa! i got excited.. ;DDD
i really love this anime.. :D
seeing all of them made me really happy..

taiga made a lunch box? Saikou! 10/10 ! :DD



 
01-09-12, 4:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 669
Well, this fucking sucked!!!

Now I see why it didn't make it to the original series.

FUCK, I was so excited about this and we get a complete waste of time episode.

FUCKING HORRIBLE!

0/10
 
01-10-12, 4:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 67069
The message at the end was nice.
 
01-13-12, 7:21 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 351
ichigo03 said:
Well, this fucking sucked!!!

Now I see why it didn't make it to the original series.

FUCK, I was so excited about this and we get a complete waste of time episode.

FUCKING HORRIBLE!

0/10


Oh come on now, just because you did not like it, you didn't have to drag the whole score down. The ova yes indeed did not meet up to the expectations of a lot of people, but hey, what else could you expect from a story that has ended already? The novel's done, and the anime perfectly brought out what the novel has to offer and this ova itself is really a good complimentary piece of the anime.
 
01-13-12, 7:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 131
I liked it. (:
its obvious that it didnt make it to the original series for that. it's just a cute entertaining side-story.

8/10 for me
 
01-15-12, 9:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 484
ichigo03 said:
Well, this fucking sucked!!!

Now I see why it didn't make it to the original series.

FUCK, I was so excited about this and we get a complete waste of time episode.

FUCKING HORRIBLE!

0/10


What did you expect was going to happen in the ova that would excite you and make you love the series all of a sudden? You gave the anime series a 6/10 which means you didnt much care for it in the first place. Go ahead and inflate the scores of the anime you like all you want, but it's pathetic to cripple all the other series that didn't suite your taste so harshly.


 
01-21-12, 8:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 19
i must say that i really missed this show..
nice episode all the way, the ending message is really nice
scene where taiga feeding yuuji is too cuteee
 
01-21-12, 11:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 86
I felt a bit disappointed after waiting for so long. The series of events is a tad confusing. The episode was a mixture of a filler and epilogue. Though in my opinion I thought the ending scene was an epilogue because of the reactions of the characters.
All in all, I think it was a nice closure to the series ending on a much "happier" note.
8/10
Good, but not worth the wait.
 
01-25-12, 9:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 419
Hungry now.
 
01-26-12, 8:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2252
*sigh* this ova makes me miss Toradora so much. Taiga, Minori & Ami <3
 
02-13-12, 4:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 753
I agree this made me miss Toradora... but seriously as an OVA this was hardly any good.
Well is not like a sequel is possible after the way the anime ended so i guess this is as best as this will ever get
huh?
 
02-16-12, 6:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5163
I thought it was good for what it was.. An OVA.

A lot of OVAs never turn out to be the most amazing un-aired episode you've been waiting for and of course it wasn't necessarily going to follow the story of what happens to them after..( A lot of people was disappointed because they wanted to see Taiga pregnant...) However for what it was it was enjoyable.

It was a bit silly but their was a message to it all which made it sweet at the end. (The meaning of making Bento, which Ryuuji finds out) Rather making Bento simply for nourishment it's also for someone else to enjoy and make that close someone to you happy. Then of course they have that little scene at the end with Taiga being forced to feed Ryuuji and them blushing was a nice way to end it.
Touch me, you filthy casual~

Site & Forum Guidelines | MAL Guidelines | Report Abuse
 
02-21-12, 11:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 63
I liked this episode for what it is. It is an OVA afterall, it can´t add a lot to the story. It was funny, had its cute moments between TaigaxRyuuji. Just the part, where everyone was laughing because of the food, wasn´t well executed. 9/10 for me
 
04-17-12, 11:23 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 4291
I just realize how much I miss this show, all of it just hit me at once. I'm definitely going to re-watch it soon.

This OVA was exactly along the lines of what it was intended to be: Funny, light-hearted, nostalgic and Taiga Moe'ness (ftw). I loved every second!
"Since I'm so close to death all the time, I can feel life more strongly."
 
07-23-12, 4:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 4402
Good episode, although it was boring for me, being about food in lunches and all. It reminded me of how good the series is, and how much I miss it and the characters. 4/5
 
08-09-12, 4:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 6899
Pretty disappointing, wanted more from the main storyline, the final scene was nice though. It was awesome to see taiga and ryuuji again :)
 
10-29-12, 11:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 39
Now that was nice to watch. Its been too long since I've seen Toradora so i really enjoy this episode hope they show another, hopefully it wont take another 3 years but I'am not crossing my fingers.
 
11-17-12, 11:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1009
I thought that this OVA is a story after episode 25 but I like the story about Ben-to even it is less in romace 9/10
"People who neglect to make efforts or who don't take any actions at all
are always the ones who dream that someday they will suddenly become wildly successful." — Nakahara, Misaki
 
12-03-12, 2:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1153
Loved it, funny and hearthwarming :)
 
12-09-12, 2:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1084
Hmm.. so it was just side story special which was made the way i'm not sure where to put it into series. It started of at the time where Taiga was still nervous in front of Kitamura but it ended at the point she was blushing in front of and feeding Ryuuji.
I would really wanted to see some kind of after story, I just love these after parts , not sure why thou.
That said, OVA wasn't bad at all, it was very good for side story.
BTW: Do I miss any worthwhile anime-romance from guy's point of view in MAL? Let me know without hesitation :)



 
02-01-13, 9:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
Although I always prefer longer OVAs like those about an hour long or so, Bentou no Gokui was a short and sweet episode that reminds you what you've watched in Toradora! across 25 episodes and also adds a great original message that Ryuuji admits learning. So I feel that, although the OVA does not depict an epilogue (Toradora! The After) as many would expect, it makes a fitting special episode that adds nicely at the end.

I personally do not want a sequel (specially if it's a sequel for the purpose of making a sequel i.e. milking the franchise) even if it would be great. I believe all good things must come to an end and therefore, Toradora's original ending concludes everything perfectly and beautifully. What happens after and how Ryuuji and Taiga spend their lives are left to be pictured entirely by the audience.
 
04-13-13, 11:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 892
Minori saying "maaaaan" to Kitamura was easily the best part of the episode!
 
04-18-13, 11:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 716
It was a little boring for me but the end made up for it. The lesson they tried to convey was nice but I wish they started explaining it earlier than just say it at the end. I liked the end, it was cute when Taiga was forced to feed Ryuuji. It was ok but it was great to see more of the characters.

Like I said before during the show, this has become one of my favorite anime. I'll be watching the spin off series next and then read the light novels once I have more time.
-What do you mean life doesn't work like my Chinese cartoons!?
 
06-26-13, 5:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1423
I hoped for an epilogue of some sort, but it was funny nevertheless. And of course the ending scene was pretty cute :)
I guess this takes place after Taiga came back and now they are a couple. At least that's what I felt like seeing everyone making Taiga feed Ryuuji :)
 
12-17-13, 5:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 3301
The ending was really cute. It was a funny food battle. Poor Ryuuji, all is evil plan putted to shame xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
 
02-19-14, 8:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 128
Thought this would be a some sort of continuation where the original series left off but its still fine the way it sits. Light-hearted and cute nothing really serious here (maybe only Ryuji and his drive for bento supremacy).

This OVA only makes me feel...................well HUNGRY. (I guess)
 
03-16-14, 12:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 2996
pretty funny, but overall lame
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
 
05-31-14, 6:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 20
I really liked it! It was like any other episode except there were obvious hints that taiga and ryuuji liked eachother at that point so i enjoyed it ;v;
 
06-11-14, 9:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 9500
Lovely episode at the end. The bento thing was taken too much... but oh well it's an anime :D.
 
07-04-14, 5:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 154
Well like many here I'm a tad disappointed that the OVA takes place in between the series and not like an after story. But it was a nice funny episode none the less.

One thing that bugs me though is that in the Artbook that comes with the blueray there is an interview in which the creators are talking about the OVA. They said that the Prologue of the OVA takes place after the final episode. Basically it's just Taiga making food, but I don't know if that's her Apartment next to Ryuji's house, or if that's Ryuji's kitchen. The creators said that basically draw your own conclusions from just that one scene. I don't know if their trying to tell us that they got married and live together and Taiga is cooking for Ryuji or what.

Regardless it was a nice and cute episode and I gave it a 9/10
 
07-31-14, 9:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 49
I loved Ryuji's one-sided battle! I was so embarrassed for him when the teacher discovered his rice cooker. Taigi was so cute in this episode and Minori is always a blast. Great episode.
 
11-21-14, 5:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 4908
The beginning was funny, but it got a little stupid near the end.
It could've be done better.
SoL and Light Novels lover.
 
01-17-15, 3:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 194
Thats it...no more....all done....awsome! lol BENTO!!!!!
 
02-03-15, 10:49 PM

Online
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 1046
The ending was so cute. Made me really hungry though...I want to try Ryuuji's cooking so bad.
 
Top
Pages (3) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6]
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy