Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 23, 2011 6:03 AM

Sep 2009
I disappointed. That's really not what I hoped for. But I can't say the OVA was bad or something. Just that I hoped for some after story or more romantic, not some comedy filler.
Dec 23, 2011 6:11 AM
Oct 2011
Comedy fillers are good sometimes especially during the last few episodes of the anime .
Dec 23, 2011 8:54 AM

Sep 2011
This OVA reminded why I placed Toradora! as my fave anime. I never expected it to be an OVA after story because I haven't seen something like that yet lol but I'd rather watch a comedy filler like this because these episodes are the reason why I love Toradora! so much :D NEED. TO. RE. WATCH. SERIES. HNGGGGG
Dec 23, 2011 9:30 AM
Dec 2011
Kiev said:
Well.. I'm not too sure what i should be saying here, watching this ova brings back memories of all the characters and indeed it was a sweet ending. It probably took place somewhere in between the episodes.. I was hoping to see some extra stuffs such as ryuuji and taiga's wedding or some sort, or maybe some extra side story to minori, ami or maybe kitamura. I really loved these characters. Although all that did not happen but still i liked this episode alot.

Anybody noticed how minori frowned for a split second there when taiga was saying how she liked ryuuji's normal bento perfectly fine? It's nice to see minori showing her true hidden feelings once in awhile.

I was gonna post pretty much exactly that ^^^. Both comments were pretty much exactly what I was going to type myself. I was expecting something else from it, but that doesn't mean that it was bad, it just wasn't what I was hoping for.
That tiny little half-second frown that Minori makes at about 15:15 into the OVA was a good addition. Seems insignificant on the surface but a lot was said in those 0.5 secs :D
Dec 23, 2011 9:46 AM

Aug 2010
my first thought when watching this OVA, "wew, I'm getting old"
what a . . . . . damn I'm speechless
this OVA just too perfect T__T
especially that last scene
5/5 for this episode ^.^d
Dec 23, 2011 2:42 PM

May 2011
its always refreshing seeing this anime again. i love toradora ^^
Dec 23, 2011 3:54 PM

Jan 2010
not bad, but very disappointed ....i'd like to see something that takes place after the last ep, not something random bullshit...if i want that i can watch the series whenever i want...

"The other side of the other side of the other side would be the other side"
Dec 23, 2011 6:51 PM

Jul 2011
great ova , it reminds me how much i loved toradora. I didn't expect it to be some kind of epilogue since i never seen one from an OVA.

I guess the last scene took place after the series for me it's the epilogoe eventhoug it's short but it's nicely done.
Dec 24, 2011 12:16 AM

Sep 2010
It's funny when Ryuuji says he takes pride in being a housewife =D

Dec 24, 2011 5:20 AM

Nov 2010
The purpose of cooking has been displayed/told excellently

Merry Christmas all! :D
Dec 24, 2011 8:02 AM

Aug 2010
D'aww, this OVA was so cute.
I missed Minorin and Taiga so much <3
Dec 24, 2011 9:16 AM
Dec 2011
I think a lot of people are confused regarding the timeline of this episode. This episode takes place after the ending of the TV series with mostly flashback of the time taking place during the middle of the series.

It starts with Taiga preparing bento for their Sakura viewing and this takes place after the ending of the TV series. After the OP credits it is a flashback of the time Ryuuji making bento very seriously. After the flashback the episode ends with them going Sakura viewing with Taiga bringing the bento she was making in the beginning of the episode and this part also takes place after the TV series.

It's obvious the opening scene takes place after the TV series since Taiga is being seen in an apartment different from the one where she used to live during the TV series. There was also a voiceover from Ryuuji during the opening scene stating about the day Ryuuji understood the importance of bento and so this suggests that it is a flashback after the OP credits. Sakura trees were blooming and Taiga left during their 2nd school year winter, suggesting the ending scene takes place during spring after their graduation which is further supported by the Taiga x Ryuuji moment seen in the ending.
AP24Dec 25, 2011 10:32 PM
Dec 24, 2011 2:23 PM

Jun 2011
i loved this ova
i realy miss this anime
Dec 24, 2011 2:28 PM

Apr 2010
My sister flipped out when I texted her the Toradora OVA was out. I think she got home in record time. I saw it too, and was very pleased.

Dec 24, 2011 3:04 PM

Aug 2010
I loved it as any Toradora episode, it was funny and all (could have been better if it was an epilogue or show us Taiga and Ryuuji's couple life) but I still want my Minori spin-off T___T God hear my prayers.

I felt so bad when I saw Minori's face at the restaurant, it really shows that she liked Ryuuji since way back (and how she wished for him to make bentos for her).
Dec 24, 2011 3:57 PM

Jul 2007
Didn't like the episode itself too much, but.. omg I missed Minorin so much. And sure enough she was awesome as always.

"HEY HEY, Kitamura-MAN. Hayaku ikou yo MAN."
Dec 25, 2011 2:09 AM
May 2009
10/10 just for the rice cooker.

EDIT: Inzaghi reference, too
Dec 25, 2011 4:18 AM
Jun 2008
ho ho ho just wow a gift to watch.

indeed sure more ben-to relate to who maknig great ben-to foods.

oh lol showing kitamura's granny oh lol at it.

still make ask will lead to a s2 or spinoff or even some please get toradora to be english really this is all dub worthy.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 25, 2011 12:15 PM

Apr 2008
kinda funny i watched this right after Ben-To episode 12

Man i missed this show especially Minorin~ Yo, man! <--- LOL overall a good episode but nothing substantial. Bring back the old (or less sucky) J.C. Staff please!

7/10
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Dec 25, 2011 5:23 PM

May 2011
Weirdly, I enjoyed it a lot, but it doesn't change it from being bad and disappointing.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Dec 25, 2011 11:22 PM
Apr 2011
THIS GUY
Dec 26, 2011 6:29 PM

Aug 2009
Big ROFL @ Inzaghi reference
Dec 26, 2011 11:45 PM

Nov 2007
disapointing OVA was disapointing

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Dec 28, 2011 11:38 AM

Jul 2011
Fun OVA, though it would be nice to see something about after the end of the anime. D:
previously UnhappyRefrain - non-binary - they/them - California
Tumblr - Twitter - Youtube - DeviantArt
old sig
Dec 28, 2011 11:45 AM

Sep 2011
It wasn't bad but I expected something else, I'd hoped for more Taiga x Ryuuji but I guess it's my fault for expecting to much. Overall it was a good OVA.
Dec 28, 2011 9:36 PM

Jun 2008
damn, watching this reminded me of how much i miss this show

i was kinda hoping for something more though :/
Dec 29, 2011 9:10 AM

Aug 2009
i think the scene in the end where Taiga-tachi have a lunch together is when Taiga Ryuuji have a romance relationship... ?
Dec 29, 2011 3:56 PM

Jul 2009
this scene and Minorin's "eyes" lol...
Dec 29, 2011 7:07 PM

Jan 2010
Stupid.
Dec 29, 2011 9:04 PM

Oct 2010
tsuntsunrage said:
i think the scene in the end where Taiga-tachi have a lunch together is when Taiga Ryuuji have a romance relationship... ?
Yes, it's after they kissed in the TV series. Everyone is teasing Taiga in regards to that.

Taiga is essentially a person that would never dare to do much in public on her own. You would have to kiss her to do that, she would never less there is no one or no one is watching. That being said Ami and Minori were teasing her for that reason precisely. They knew Ryuuji and her kissed. IMO.

Did I detect Minori in the spoiler
having her regret still? Or perhaps a bitter feeling over Taiga x Ryuuji even after they kissed?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 29, 2011 10:26 PM

May 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
tsuntsunrage said:
Yes, it's after they kissed in the TV series. Everyone is teasing Taiga in regards to that.

Taiga is essentially a person that would never dare to do much in public on her own. You would have to kiss her to do that, she would never less there is no one or no one is watching. That being said Ami and Minori were teasing her for that reason precisely. They knew Ryuuji and her kissed. IMO.

No, most of the scenes in this episode are essentially flashback that happened in between the series. The timeline should be like this:

Taiga making lunch (present) --> flashback of ryuuji having a bento fight with kitamura's oba-san( somewhere in between the series) ---> Taiga done with the bento and brought it to meet with the rest of the crew (present).

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 30, 2011 12:47 AM
Jul 2018
I miss this show so much ;_;

I've noticed people are disappointing in this. I mean, it was a typical Blu Ray extra episode.
They never said anything about it being some alternate ending or anything, That was just rumours made up by fans, and those rumours ruined something you probably would have enjoyed otherwise. A shame.
removed-userDec 30, 2011 1:25 AM
Dec 30, 2011 6:53 AM

Oct 2010
Kiev said:
Yumekichi11 said:
tsuntsunrage said:

No, most of the scenes in this episode are essentially flashback that happened in between the series. The timeline should be like this:

Taiga making lunch (present) --> flashback of ryuuji having a bento fight with kitamura's oba-san( somewhere in between the series) ---> Taiga done with the bento and brought it to meet with the rest of the crew (present).
They mished mashed the timeline? Really? I had more the impression it was right after the kiss but before the whole finalization of the transfer thus why Taiga had her uniform as to opposite of the black one.

Dec 30, 2011 10:23 AM
Nov 2009
I am a big fan of Toradora, but I think Im kinda disappointed bout it. I mean, is that all? O_O
sorry guys..
Dec 30, 2011 1:15 PM

Oct 2009
Nothing interesting.
Dec 30, 2011 2:11 PM

Apr 2011
I miss Toradora so much, I forgot how much I loved it. I hope they make a second season and see more Lunch Box Wars.
Dec 30, 2011 4:09 PM

Nov 2008
It was a nice episode, I missed the characters. Minori scenes win.

Yumekichi11 said:
Kiev said:
Yumekichi11 said:
tsuntsunrage said:

They mished mashed the timeline? Really? I had more the impression it was right after the kiss but before the whole finalization of the transfer thus why Taiga had her uniform as to opposite of the black one.
Yeah I think it's as Kiev said, because when the series finished they finished highschool, Taiga appears at the end of the graduation (last scene).

People that say that it should have been an epilogue, and not a "filler", with an epilogue it would have been a "filler" either way, because there is none :P
DuroDeMatarDec 30, 2011 4:23 PM
Dec 30, 2011 8:34 PM

Oct 2010
DuroDeMatar said:
It was a nice episode, I missed the characters. Minori scenes win.

Yumekichi11 said:
Kiev said:
Yumekichi11 said:
tsuntsunrage said:

Yeah I think it's as Kiev said, because when the series finished they finished highschool, Taiga appears at the end of the graduation (last scene).

People that say that it should have been an epilogue, and not a "filler", with an epilogue it would have been a "filler" either way, because there is none :P
You mean apart from the PSP end game with Taiga. Right? The one everyone hoped for to be animated?

Well yeah in that case it is disappointing. Perhaps another standalone OVA may be appear in the future for that.

Dec 30, 2011 8:35 PM
Oct 2007
Funny episode. People obviously had high expectations from it (myself included), we really just want to see the characters further down the timeline. They maybe should've worked with the light novel author and tell some sort of story set after the series, but I guess you can't please everyone.
Dec 30, 2011 8:51 PM

Sep 2008
Pretty much what I was expecting.

Nice to see more Toradora after all this time.

Awesome episode.
Jan 1, 2012 5:33 AM

Sep 2008
Why was there so little screen time for the best female, Ami?
The rice cooker part was great though.

Wonder why he couldn't ask to cook it in the teacher's lounge or something... though it would still be ludicrous.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2012 3:17 PM

Jul 2010
if this episode gives a lesson on lunch and food, it wont matter to me cuz i dont have any :p

Jan 3, 2012 4:35 AM

Jul 2010
Ah, I missed this show. Nostalgia when I heard the OP!

Ryuji trying to "beat" Okimura's grandma at cooking bento. He took it a little too seriously didnt he? The rice cooker in the middle of class went a little too far! xD
He was only doing it for his own pride instead of making the person happy. The end was very cute when she fed him. I do wonder where in the timeline this OVA took place though.

I'd really like to see a season two, but I don't think it'll ever come. =(

Jan 3, 2012 10:58 AM

Nov 2007
waaaaaaaaaaaaa! i missed them!!!
when i heard the opening song, waaaaaaaa! i got excited.. ;DDD
i really love this anime.. :D
seeing all of them made me really happy..

taiga made a lunch box? Saikou! 10/10 ! :DD
Jan 9, 2012 4:28 PM
Aug 2010
Well, this fucking sucked!!!

Now I see why it didn't make it to the original series.

FUCK, I was so excited about this and we get a complete waste of time episode.

FUCKING HORRIBLE!

0/10
Jan 10, 2012 4:59 AM

Mar 2009
The message at the end was nice.
Jan 13, 2012 7:21 AM

May 2011
ichigo03 said:

FUCKING HORRIBLE!

0/10

Oh come on now, just because you did not like it, you didn't have to drag the whole score down. The ova yes indeed did not meet up to the expectations of a lot of people, but hey, what else could you expect from a story that has ended already? The novel's done, and the anime perfectly brought out what the novel has to offer and this ova itself is really a good complimentary piece of the anime.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 13, 2012 7:40 AM

Oct 2011
I liked it. (:
its obvious that it didnt make it to the original series for that. it's just a cute entertaining side-story.

8/10 for me
Jan 15, 2012 9:03 AM

Jan 2008
ichigo03 said:

FUCKING HORRIBLE!

0/10

What did you expect was going to happen in the ova that would excite you and make you love the series all of a sudden? You gave the anime series a 6/10 which means you didnt much care for it in the first place. Go ahead and inflate the scores of the anime you like all you want, but it's pathetic to cripple all the other series that didn't suite your taste so harshly.

Jan 21, 2012 8:33 AM
Aug 2011
i must say that i really missed this show..
nice episode all the way, the ending message is really nice
scene where taiga feeding yuuji is too cuteee
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» THANK YOU GOD!

Indulg3 - Sep 11, 2011

41 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 11, 2015 5:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.