Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 22, 2011 3:41 AM

Oct 2007
Filippo Inzaghi Inko-cha xD
Dec 22, 2011 4:56 AM

Jul 2009
MOTO said:

This. I'm sad Hadena missed the reference.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Dec 22, 2011 5:32 AM

Apr 2008
Hope someone other then shitty Hadena will sub it :P
Raw is better then their subs xD

Dec 22, 2011 6:14 AM
Dec 2007
It has been so much time since I last saw a ToraDora episode that I almost didn't remember what the characters looked like. Still, this ep made me remeber how good the series was even though it was a less-than-average one.

arsonal said:
MOTO said:

Sad indeed.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 22, 2011 6:24 AM

Jul 2010
Omg i missed this show :D so happy to see it back

that ending scene was cute :)
Dec 22, 2011 6:28 AM

Jul 2011
Amazing ending, kinda missed those 2 :)
10/10 just because it's Toradora xd
Was hoping for a after story episode but this was fine aswell, i dont think there will be a 2nd season but i'll keep crossing my fingers.
Dec 22, 2011 7:54 AM

Jun 2009
arsonal said:
MOTO said:

He's an AC MILAN player HADENA!
Dec 22, 2011 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
Not a bad OVA, The Toradora spark is still there :).

Comedy is always there with Ryuuji, going over the top thinking ben-to lunches were a cooking challenge between him and Mio xD.

How I've missed Toradora, not a bad christmas gift :). Taiga is still the same which is good :).

Shame it was a OVA between episode's in the series and not an aftermath of the events that occurred at the end of series.

I hope that there is either another OVA or possibly a short series of more Toradora :)

8/10 it was pretty good but can't always expect an OVA to be at the same standard as the main series which in Toradora's case was pretty high as I rated that 10/10
removed-userDec 22, 2011 9:24 AM
Dec 22, 2011 9:02 AM
Aug 2009
arsonal said:
They just don't make romantic comedies like this anymore... /sigh

I missed that ED.

^--- this, nuf sed...
On a more serious note, not exactly what I was looking for but nothing less than perfection anyway. It's kinda obvious that the opening and ending are meant to be for after the end of the series if one were to think about it, but the question is, where would you place the middle part?
Dec 22, 2011 9:20 AM

Dec 2009
This ova made me hungry. XD

7/10
Dec 22, 2011 9:25 AM

May 2011
Well.. I'm not too sure what i should be saying here, watching this ova brings back memories of all the characters and indeed it was a sweet ending. It probably took place somewhere in between the episodes.. I was hoping to see some extra stuffs such as ryuuji and taiga's wedding or some sort, or maybe some extra side story to minori, ami or maybe kitamura. I really loved these characters. Although all that did not happen but still i liked this episode alot.

Anybody noticed how minori frowned for a split second there when taiga was saying how she liked ryuuji's normal bento perfectly fine? It's nice to see minori showing her true hidden feelings once in awhile.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 22, 2011 10:20 AM

Nov 2009
Rhedak said:
In itself it wasn't bad... but I definitely expected something else... something greater.

This pretty much...I adore Toradora but I felt like after waiting nearly 3 years we may have deserved a bit more. Like you know an epilogue episode...

We can only dream though =(
Dec 22, 2011 10:28 AM

May 2011
This pretty much...I adore Toradora but I felt like after waiting nearly 3 years we may have deserved a bit more. Like you know an epilogue episode...

Yeah well its because the novel has already ended, unless someone wants to step up and write a continuation version of it or else...that's pretty much it. Kind of wasted tho, this is such a good anime.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 22, 2011 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
Kiev said:

Yeah well its because the novel has already ended, unless someone wants to step up and write a continuation version of it or else...that's pretty much it. Kind of wasted tho, this is such a good anime.

Did not know the novel was finished :(, ah well I'm happy with Toradora as it is :D, one of the best anime series that I've ever watched.
Dec 22, 2011 10:50 AM

Jan 2011
arsonal said:
They just don't make romantic comedies like this anymore... /sigh

I missed that ED.
so true :(
this is my god damn signature.
Dec 22, 2011 12:59 PM

Aug 2011
I was expecting more of an after story for the ova.Well whatever,this ova really brought back memories of why i loved the series so much. 10/10
Dec 22, 2011 1:51 PM

Jul 2010
Indeed it was very good episode! well, i am a big fan of Toradora, so its nothing special that i liked it :D
BUT.I really hoped to see some Ryuuji x Minori moments...and i am disappointed now.Everything i saw was Ryuuji x Taiga...AGAIN. :<
Ryuuji's image in head of Kitamura's grandmother was just so LOL XD

8/10 because in comparison with TV series it was only good IMO ^^
Dec 22, 2011 2:01 PM

Sep 2010
The OVA just consisted of Ryuuji competing with Kitamura's grandmother and then learning the true meaning of making a bento. It was funny, but I would have rather had an epilogue as well.

8/10 just because I missed the show and it was funny along the way.
Dec 22, 2011 2:49 PM

Aug 2011
yeah its not want most people wanted but i still enjoyed it a lot! so ryuuji finds out that a bentou is made for the person and what they like or something like that. good episode with the same great comedy that toradora always had. taiga's face at the end when she got the lunch box back was so cute! and her feeding ryuuji was so adorable! i liked this ova 9/10 for me!

oh and im guessing this takes place somewhere in the middle of the series(or a little after) since in the end she stops going to that school, so it wouldn't make since for it to be after the series ended right?
but one can dream that there will be some sort of sequel to this series right....?

man this made me miss the old OP and ED! those where good, way better than the second ones but thats my opinion.
Potatoboy27Dec 22, 2011 2:56 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2011 4:36 PM

Jan 2011
This reminded me of why I love Toradora so much! even though it was a sidestory in a way just about Bentos and it wasn't really taking Place after the series it was still pretty good, man how i missed the first season feeling before all the Drama happened lol.
Dec 22, 2011 4:36 PM

Nov 2010
Naxrrhid said:

(i'll reply again to this thread after im not speechless anymore...., thank you god for this episode :D)

give this man a medal haha i can't say any more untill he speaks again! :D
Dec 22, 2011 8:44 PM

Oct 2011
Not really what I was expecting from the special episode but it's some good comedy I guess. 8/10
Dec 22, 2011 9:16 PM

Jan 2011
This episode made me remember why i loved toradora so much in the first place. This nostalgia feeling..
Dec 22, 2011 10:07 PM

Jul 2011
awesome ep, loved how ryuuji takes pride in doing housewives chores XD

funny and pretty heartwarming end to it, it was a good 3 year wait

hey hey, do you have smoked cheeze?
Nyoro~n
Dec 22, 2011 10:51 PM

Oct 2009
Oh how I've missed you Toradora.

This is how a feel-good romantic comedy is done, take notes 2012.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2011 1:07 AM

Dec 2010
Decent OVA, but what i was wondering was when it occurred. my guess is that it occurred during the time of the show; kind of like what cowboy bebop did with its movie and such so before the final episode; but the last scene made me think otherwise; well whatever the case it was nice to see Toradora again.
Dec 23, 2011 1:22 AM

Sep 2010
This was better than expected.
More than I could ask for.
Dec 23, 2011 1:56 AM

Aug 2010
I'm with the minority on this one, slightly disappointed. Not necessarily because it wasn't an epilogue (in fact I'm completely satisfied with the ending and don't want to see a butchered second season), but I personally didn't get that "Toradora-like" feeling that I got from the series itself. It was still a nice episode though, but the others could have had more focus. 4/5.

Was this original content or adapted from the novels? The characters and the interaction seemed a bit off. Might be just me though.
Dec 23, 2011 2:53 AM

Sep 2011
Tomodachi5 said:
So was the ending scene mean't to take place after the last episode ? When Ryuuji and Taiga are a couple?

it actually felt more like a flash back. Most of it takes place at some point in the middle and that last little end part after they are together, like hes looking back on it.
Dec 23, 2011 3:06 AM

Dec 2011
Good, not great, but around the level I was expected. A lot of people were hoping that this would follow the psp endings. Sadly it didn't. Would have loved to see Ami's perfect end.

Oh well, guess i'll just carry on playing toradora portable to see the ending myself.
I blog about eroge at:
Dec 23, 2011 6:03 AM

Sep 2009
I disappointed. That's really not what I hoped for. But I can't say the OVA was bad or something. Just that I hoped for some after story or more romantic, not some comedy filler.
Dec 23, 2011 6:11 AM
Oct 2011
Comedy fillers are good sometimes especially during the last few episodes of the anime .
Dec 23, 2011 8:54 AM

Sep 2011
This OVA reminded why I placed Toradora! as my fave anime. I never expected it to be an OVA after story because I haven't seen something like that yet lol but I'd rather watch a comedy filler like this because these episodes are the reason why I love Toradora! so much :D NEED. TO. RE. WATCH. SERIES. HNGGGGG
Dec 23, 2011 9:30 AM
Dec 2011
Kiev said:
Well.. I'm not too sure what i should be saying here, watching this ova brings back memories of all the characters and indeed it was a sweet ending. It probably took place somewhere in between the episodes.. I was hoping to see some extra stuffs such as ryuuji and taiga's wedding or some sort, or maybe some extra side story to minori, ami or maybe kitamura. I really loved these characters. Although all that did not happen but still i liked this episode alot.

Anybody noticed how minori frowned for a split second there when taiga was saying how she liked ryuuji's normal bento perfectly fine? It's nice to see minori showing her true hidden feelings once in awhile.

I was gonna post pretty much exactly that ^^^. Both comments were pretty much exactly what I was going to type myself. I was expecting something else from it, but that doesn't mean that it was bad, it just wasn't what I was hoping for.
That tiny little half-second frown that Minori makes at about 15:15 into the OVA was a good addition. Seems insignificant on the surface but a lot was said in those 0.5 secs :D
Dec 23, 2011 9:46 AM

Aug 2010
my first thought when watching this OVA, "wew, I'm getting old"
what a . . . . . damn I'm speechless
this OVA just too perfect T__T
especially that last scene
5/5 for this episode ^.^d
Dec 23, 2011 2:42 PM

May 2011
its always refreshing seeing this anime again. i love toradora ^^
Dec 23, 2011 3:54 PM

Jan 2010
not bad, but very disappointed ....i'd like to see something that takes place after the last ep, not something random bullshit...if i want that i can watch the series whenever i want...

"The other side of the other side of the other side would be the other side"
Dec 23, 2011 6:51 PM

Jul 2011
great ova , it reminds me how much i loved toradora. I didn't expect it to be some kind of epilogue since i never seen one from an OVA.

I guess the last scene took place after the series for me it's the epilogoe eventhoug it's short but it's nicely done.
Dec 24, 2011 12:16 AM

Sep 2010
It's funny when Ryuuji says he takes pride in being a housewife =D

Dec 24, 2011 5:20 AM

Nov 2010
The purpose of cooking has been displayed/told excellently

Merry Christmas all! :D
Dec 24, 2011 8:02 AM

Aug 2010
D'aww, this OVA was so cute.
I missed Minorin and Taiga so much <3
Dec 24, 2011 9:16 AM
Dec 2011
I think a lot of people are confused regarding the timeline of this episode. This episode takes place after the ending of the TV series with mostly flashback of the time taking place during the middle of the series.

It starts with Taiga preparing bento for their Sakura viewing and this takes place after the ending of the TV series. After the OP credits it is a flashback of the time Ryuuji making bento very seriously. After the flashback the episode ends with them going Sakura viewing with Taiga bringing the bento she was making in the beginning of the episode and this part also takes place after the TV series.

It's obvious the opening scene takes place after the TV series since Taiga is being seen in an apartment different from the one where she used to live during the TV series. There was also a voiceover from Ryuuji during the opening scene stating about the day Ryuuji understood the importance of bento and so this suggests that it is a flashback after the OP credits. Sakura trees were blooming and Taiga left during their 2nd school year winter, suggesting the ending scene takes place during spring after their graduation which is further supported by the Taiga x Ryuuji moment seen in the ending.
AP24Dec 25, 2011 10:32 PM
Dec 24, 2011 2:23 PM

Jun 2011
i loved this ova
i realy miss this anime
Dec 24, 2011 2:28 PM

Apr 2010
My sister flipped out when I texted her the Toradora OVA was out. I think she got home in record time. I saw it too, and was very pleased.

Dec 24, 2011 3:04 PM

Aug 2010
I loved it as any Toradora episode, it was funny and all (could have been better if it was an epilogue or show us Taiga and Ryuuji's couple life) but I still want my Minori spin-off T___T God hear my prayers.

I felt so bad when I saw Minori's face at the restaurant, it really shows that she liked Ryuuji since way back (and how she wished for him to make bentos for her).
Dec 24, 2011 3:57 PM

Jul 2007
Didn't like the episode itself too much, but.. omg I missed Minorin so much. And sure enough she was awesome as always.

"HEY HEY, Kitamura-MAN. Hayaku ikou yo MAN."
Dec 25, 2011 2:09 AM
May 2009
10/10 just for the rice cooker.

EDIT: Inzaghi reference, too
Dec 25, 2011 4:18 AM
Jun 2008
ho ho ho just wow a gift to watch.

indeed sure more ben-to relate to who maknig great ben-to foods.

oh lol showing kitamura's granny oh lol at it.

still make ask will lead to a s2 or spinoff or even some please get toradora to be english really this is all dub worthy.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 25, 2011 12:15 PM

Apr 2008
kinda funny i watched this right after Ben-To episode 12

Man i missed this show especially Minorin~ Yo, man! <--- LOL overall a good episode but nothing substantial. Bring back the old (or less sucky) J.C. Staff please!

7/10
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Dec 25, 2011 5:23 PM

May 2011
Weirdly, I enjoyed it a lot, but it doesn't change it from being bad and disappointing.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» THANK YOU GOD!

Indulg3 - Sep 11, 2011

41 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 11, 2015 5:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.