3It was OK
2.6%
2Disliked it
2.6%
1Hated it
7.9%
Average 4.3
38 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2011 5:40 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is a discussion topic about the actual episode 10 which aired on 24 December 2011. Some fansubbers have chosen to label it as episode 11 because of a recap that aired on 17 December 2011 but the official website assigned it an episode number of 9.5 and not 10.

If you watched the recap, you can post about it here.

Please report any posts pertaining to episode 9.5 and they will be removed.
Dec 23, 2011 10:37 AM

Nov 2007
The CM for Vol.1 was so hilarious! lol~

So the guy with beard guy came to make affiliation Milia.

A girl, Alvis (Hanazawa Kana?), is here.

When someone with power is dead, the power would move to someone near. Millia doesn't have the power, so the sister is alive?! When they were talking about her, she is here! But she made affiliation with the enemy!! Since Millia doesn't accept it, they are enemies now.

Dio's first season "friend" is also the enemy?? Dio vs. him.
tsubasaloverDec 27, 2011 11:09 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 24, 2011 4:31 AM

Sep 2011
goodness! what happened to liliana? another fierce battle is going to happen but silvius has been infiltrated by the enemies! go dio go! LOL
Dec 24, 2011 4:46 AM

Dec 2011
the plot is getting interesting and some unexpected things are happening. damn the battle ships of ades really rocks!
Dec 24, 2011 10:58 AM

Jun 2011
Alvis makes her appearance =O

I'm starting to think that Claus and Lavie are going to show up too
Dec 24, 2011 9:40 PM
Oct 2011
Shih said:
Alvis makes her appearance =O

I'm starting to think that Claus and Lavie are going to show up too

Same here, I've been thinking it's more possible ever since Alvis' surprise reveal in the OP (and how they kept it a secret as the day ep 1 aired was when they also added her to the official site for the first time as a surprise) but now that she's really here and how Dio's the first to interact with her, as expected, I'm thinking it more too. :)

Can't wait till the subs to re-watch this, this ep was loaded with interesting events/developments and exciting battles :)

Epic cliffhangers. Looks like the next ep is going to be big too.
DangerMouseDMDec 24, 2011 11:00 PM
Dec 25, 2011 6:27 PM

Jul 2011
This show is so lighthearted, yet it's getting so dark. It's actually turning out to be really enjoyable now. It feels nostalgic watching for some reason.
Dec 25, 2011 10:55 PM

May 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was a very frustrating watch indeed. What with Liliana selling out Turan to the Federation, the Sky Pirates hideout being bombarded by the Federations new long range cannons, Silvius being sabotaged by those god moded Guild people, and Fam and co being chased by those fighters with a leaking fuel tank, things went from bad to terrible in just a matter of minutes. Fam spouting out stupid ideas like kidnapping Queen Liliana away did not help matters at all.

Nevertheless, we finally get to meet another old face, none other than Alvis E. Hamilton, Exile controller extraordinaire. She looks to have grown up into a much stronger and braver person, besides seeming to be able to communicate with the Exile in space judging by how she noticed the approaching Federation ships. The only thing I feel apprehensive off was when Dio said that she also was like the new trio, having lost someone precious to her. Just who has she lost that was important to her..
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to give out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Dec 25, 2011 11:45 PM

Jan 2011
Well I have to say this episode was pretty exciting. I'm sure coming off of the recap episode made this more exciting than what otherwise would be. Liliana has got to have some kind of unexposed motive. Her whole presence conflicts with the character we knew up until now.

I kinda had an "oh shit" moment when I saw Alvis again. I knew it was only a matter of time given her appearance in the OP but still...pretty damn cool. Who the "important" person is up in the air. I have a fairly strong opinion on who it is but at the same time it contradicts what I thought I knew of post last episode of Last Exile.

Dio once again proved to me why I like his character so much. Enough said. Watching "Guild" members fight is bad ass and who knew their suits had a little Evangelion attribute to them :p
Dec 26, 2011 4:10 AM

Jul 2009
Well i hope this "someone important" is not that guy..i really want to see him kicking the federation's ass
Dec 26, 2011 4:45 AM

Apr 2009
Needs more of Dio's lightsaber fights.

It's somewhat (un)fortunate for Fam, but Dio is stealing the show. Despite his minimum screen time, when he does turns up, he just catches all the attention.

So far, all I can say is that story style wise, the first series was more interesting. Still, this one's reasonably entertaining.
Dec 26, 2011 6:26 AM

Jul 2010
Laevantein said:
Well i hope this "someone important" is not that guy..i really want to see him kicking the federation's ass
This is aweful, I sensed that Claus died midway between the two series, offscreen in the manga, Last Exile - Sunadokei no Tabibito, but this statement has pretty much confirms it. I so wanna kill the director...I don't care about Lavi, but not Claus, JUST NOT CLAUS!
darthfantaDec 26, 2011 6:34 AM

Dec 26, 2011 11:02 AM

Oct 2007
http://www.lastexile-fam.com/story.html

this is episode 9.5, not 10
Dec 26, 2011 12:19 PM

Mar 2011
lifeaspect said:

this is episode 9.5, not 10

someone isn't paying attention :-) yes we know there's a 9.5, but this is really 10.
Dec 26, 2011 3:42 PM
Oct 2011
gandalf8 said:
This episode was a very frustrating watch indeed. What with Liliana selling out Turan to the Federation, the Sky Pirates hideout being bombarded by the Federations new long range cannons, Silvius being sabotaged by those god moded Guild people, and Fam and co being chased by those fighters with a leaking fuel tank, things went from bad to terrible in just a matter of minutes. Fam spouting out stupid ideas like kidnapping Queen Liliana away did not help matters at all.

How the heck was those things "frustrating" in a bad way like your post implies or did you mean frustrating in a good way in which frustrating isn't the right word and you mean "tough" in a good way to watch since the enemy got some victories?

That was exciting and had some really strong twists.

I could understand frustrating as in "damn cliffhanger now! Nooo!" sense but everything you list as being "frustrating" about the episode are enemy partial victories and calling those events frustrating just because the enemies made some smart moves (and got Liliana to join them) and Guilders outclassed humans in ground combat like they are supposed to and got some big moments turning the tables on the heroes for the moment isn't "frustrating"...c'mon...

And we know Guild people completely outclass regular humans in combat, we've seen what they can do before and we've seen what Dio can do and we saw the battle ceremony at the end of the first series.

And Fam was just voicing what everyone was thinking, until Millia told her that it was not the case, that Liliana must be under their control or being forced, and despite what Fam said earlier when they finally got to their vanship their mission was to get Millia off the ship and protect her.

Deathfanta, I don't know about that I'm certainly not convinced that someone of Claus or Lavie's prominence would die off screen until it's fact, if it even is one of them which I'm not so sure as there are several other people that are close to Al and Dio's pretty close to Claus yet Dio said Al lost someone, I think them being missing or taken is more likely if it even is one of them.
DangerMouseDMDec 26, 2011 3:50 PM
Dec 26, 2011 4:23 PM
Apr 2010
The only thing that was frustrating in that whole ep was that it ended with a HUGE and abrupt cliffhanger. lol
Dec 26, 2011 4:26 PM
Oct 2011
pilipino101 said:
The only thing that was frustrating in that whole ep was that it ended with a HUGE and abrupt cliffhanger. lol

Exactly :) What a cliffhanger!
Dec 26, 2011 6:05 PM
Oct 2011
Smoker-sama said:
hold your horses guys. episode 11 hasn't been aired yet, we're still under episode 10.

Yeah, knew this'd happen *sigh*, this thing needs to be merged or something...
Dec 26, 2011 7:40 PM
Oct 2011
mdz said:
This show is so lighthearted, yet it's getting so dark. It's actually turning out to be really enjoyable now. It feels nostalgic watching for some reason.

Yeah I hope they keep this up, they've developed the mood really nicely over the course of the 10 eps shifting moods several times throughout and the last 3-4 eps starting especially ever since ep 7 have now been once again building upon the more serious side hinted at particularly in the also awesome episodes 1-3 (and pretty heavy dark/touching 2-3) and delivered a ton of excitement and danger and been very memorable and enjoyable, we've still even got an ep or 2 to go before the first half is over I think (depending upon how 9.5 counts) and the first half so far given how addicted I've felt as it's come to it's recent climaxes flowing through 7,8, and 10 (and 9's brief respite) has proven IMO that they've got all the pieces needed to be really set up with the potential to do something really memorable once again in the second half just like in the first Last Exile, so I think they've done a really good job on the first phase.
DangerMouseDMDec 26, 2011 7:47 PM
Dec 26, 2011 11:23 PM

Sep 2009
It's just one bad thing after another. I hope things don't get too ugly.
Dec 27, 2011 9:32 AM
Jun 2011
I guess its now time to ally with Glacies who are clearly better than Turan's own paltry fleet. Also Alvis remarking about the similarity is imo a reference to the last season's events.

Don't particularly care about how they magically got the Turan soldiers to appear out of nowhere and staff the stolen ships as well as the abrupt takeover.
spigotDec 27, 2011 9:56 AM
Dec 28, 2011 7:22 AM

Jul 2010
Smoker-sama said:
the plot is getting interesting and some unexpected things are happening. damn the battle ships of ades really rocks!
Yes, but if Anatoray-Disith can somehow transport their fleet of modernised warships to earth, arses are gonna be kicked.

Dec 28, 2011 5:21 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Not good. Not good at all. Damn boarders.
Dec 28, 2011 6:58 PM

Dec 2011
darthfanta said:
Yes, but if Anatoray-Disith can somehow transport their fleet of modernised warships to earth, arses are gonna be kicked.
LOL i'll still go for the ades' ships with a sword-like front when it comes to appearance. i'm actually looking for models of it in toy stores/hobby shops but i can't find any.. :(
Dec 28, 2011 7:53 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Go go Glacies.

I like the light saber Jedi talk between the secretive Guild members.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 28, 2011 8:20 PM

Apr 2011
wow this series is greatly underrated. And I'm surprised no wall of text this time (yet)

:D
Dec 30, 2011 3:46 AM
Apr 2011
Claus died?
Dec 30, 2011 5:27 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Onii said:
Claus died?

Until I see the mangled body and associated coroner's report, I assume no cinema character is dead.
Dec 31, 2011 12:56 AM

Oct 2011
Seems vanship tech has gone quite a ways in a couple years. I was thinking that the Glacies ships were the analogues to jets, but with those Fed fighters, it looks like they just have...better jets...they seem rocket assisted, but in order to have a range more than a bit away from base, you need a regular engine. At least the inside looks awesome.

I was kind of hoping the Urbanis would break out the saws on the near-ram, but oh well. Guess Vincent wants to keep the new Turan fleet together if Millia can get back in charge.
Dec 31, 2011 9:41 PM

Jan 2011
Well, Dio did win the Trial of Agoon, so he's not going to lose now. He does not even need the power of plot to win this - though i'd expect it to end with a draw, or at least, this won't be the last fight, even if one is going to lose.

We also don't know what the Silvanas chief enginner, Lescius Dagobert, is capable of. He is from the guild after all. Maybe he got his personal back up controls somewhere, or he is going to show those no-named guild members that took control of his claudia unit that they are too young to do silly things like that.

He, maybe Dio can get Turan some guild star fishs and/or battle ships, he is technically the new Maestro after all. Would be funny to see the Federation fight THAT, with them being so proud about their ships.
NwAurionDec 31, 2011 9:46 PM
Jan 3, 2012 9:17 PM

Apr 2011
Things are getting worse for them now. As soon I saw Lilliana in that getup I already know their reunion would be sour. Good to see Al back in the anime and I like her new hairdo.

I recently read the manga but only four chapters where scanlated. But the 4th chapter makes me wanna root for Tatiana to end up with Claude.
Jan 17, 2012 2:51 PM

Jun 2008
spigot said:
I
Don't particularly care about how they magically got the Turan soldiers to appear out of nowhere and staff the stolen ships as well as the abrupt takeover.

Thank you. I'm glad am not the only one wondering such staff. Where did those guys hide until now? When did they recruited them? They couldn't have been there since they didn't have the ships before they stole them so what the hell?
And in the end why did they accepted something that sounds like just giving-up their country even if the one saying it is the princes?
From the moment they have another princess saying the opposite it shouldn't be so easy. All Milia had to do was make a speech too and call her a traitor for things to get complicated.
Jun 10, 2012 8:20 AM

May 2010
I agree, and really this whole plot in general has been bothering me. Everything has been way too convenient, choosing drama instead of making it seem plausible.

That said, I welcome light-saber fights regardless of how out of place they appear to the plot!
“Money can't buy dere”
Nov 1, 2012 10:23 PM

May 2008
" I welcome light-saber fights regardless of how out of place they appear to the plot"

i second that
Mar 1, 2013 3:29 PM

Dec 2008
Loving the battle between Dio and Alauda. Such badassery!!
Dec 8, 2013 12:37 PM

May 2012
Awesome we got to see Alvis again :D But damn that ending, at least we know her sister is still alive! Let's see what's next!
Feb 2, 2014 7:15 AM

Aug 2013
While Dio's busy with Darth Maul, the crew's getting slaughtered by other guild members. Wonder how the Silvius will survive this.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 4, 2017 4:18 PM
Aug 2014
So all of Turan is just going to follow the orders of the princess who has been a captive of the federation for months to kill the princess under whose banner they have been gathering for the purpose of fighting the federation? That doesn't make any damn sense, if they didn't want to fight why where they even there; Turan had already been annexed.
Jul 27, 2021 3:51 AM

Aug 2017
That episode surely felt like a backstab. I wonder of Liliana was saying all that genuinely...after all, the Guild is pretty good at brainwashing. Plus there was this brief flashback of her and Luscinia in childhood in the beginning of the show, if I recall correctly.

Last Exile might be the only anime I've seen that uses bagpipes in some parts (like here or in the OP of the 1st season). Ades soldiers even wear something that looks like a kilt.

I hope Dagober-san from the engine room is safe :o

Thank you. I'm glad am not the only one wondering such staff. Where did those guys hide until now? When did they recruited them? They couldn't have been there since they didn't have the ships before they stole them so what the hell?

The remainder of Turan fleet escaped, Milia wasn't literally the only one in existence. They presumably hid in Anatoray, with Sophia assistance, maybe (Dio didn't namedrop her for nothing in ep. 1, I think)

Finally understood the sign on Fam's vanship - it's a whale ("kujira"), nice detail! And all those stolen ships crossed out haha.

So all of Turan is just going to follow the orders of the princess who has been a captive of the federation for months to kill the princess under whose banner they have been gathering for the purpose of fighting the federation? That doesn't make any damn sense

Soldiers "just follow orders" - it's not "unrealistic" or "surprising" that they (reluctantly, but still) sided with the older sister (who has more authority in a monarchy, which Turan is)
St0rmbladeJul 27, 2021 4:15 AM
Mar 4, 2023 12:24 AM
Jul 2021
And this train wreck of a wanna be show, no of a ripoff because the only real  Last Exile is the first one, this is just a POS pretending to be last exile. Not even Dio is the real Dio.

Ffuk this thing. Triple Fan needed the help (once again) of someone to be saved, can this chick actually do anything by herself?
DawizzMar 8, 2023 4:04 AM
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 2 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Oct 21, 2011

47 by -Dark_Flame- »»
Dec 30, 2023 2:59 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2012

78 by K-cong »»
Oct 1, 2023 11:55 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Shih - Oct 14, 2011

87 by Suricatta413 »»
Jun 25, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 15 Discussion

Shih - Feb 3, 2012

26 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 14 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 27, 2012

22 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.