MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 10 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam »» Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 10 Discussion

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
View Poll Results: Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 10 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

21 61.76%
4 out of 5: Liked it

9 26.47%
3 out of 5: It was OK

1 2.94%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 8.82%
Voters: 34

12-20-11, 5:40 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is a discussion topic about the actual episode 10 which aired on 24 December 2011. Some fansubbers have chosen to label it as episode 11 because of a recap that aired on 17 December 2011 but the official website assigned it an episode number of 9.5 and not 10.

If you watched the recap, you can post about it here.

Please report any posts pertaining to episode 9.5 and they will be removed.

12-23-11, 10:37 AM
News Team
The CM for Vol.1 was so hilarious! lol~

So the guy with beard guy came to make affiliation Milia.

A girl, Alvis (Hanazawa Kana?), is here.

When someone with power is dead, the power would move to someone near. Millia doesn't have the power, so the sister is alive?! When they were talking about her, she is here! But she made affiliation with the enemy!! Since Millia doesn't accept it, they are enemies now.

Dio's first season "friend" is also the enemy?? Dio vs. him.
Modified by tsubasalover, 12-27-11, 11:09 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

12-24-11, 4:31 AM

goodness! what happened to liliana? another fierce battle is going to happen but silvius has been infiltrated by the enemies! go dio go! LOL

12-24-11, 4:46 AM

the plot is getting interesting and some unexpected things are happening. damn the battle ships of ades really rocks!

12-24-11, 10:58 AM

Alvis makes her appearance =O

I'm starting to think that Claus and Lavie are going to show up too

12-24-11, 9:40 PM

Shih said:
Alvis makes her appearance =O

I'm starting to think that Claus and Lavie are going to show up too

Same here, I've been thinking it's more possible ever since Alvis' surprise reveal in the OP (and how they kept it a secret as the day ep 1 aired was when they also added her to the official site for the first time as a surprise) but now that she's really here and how Dio's the first to interact with her, as expected, I'm thinking it more too. :)

Can't wait till the subs to re-watch this, this ep was loaded with interesting events/developments and exciting battles :)

Epic cliffhangers. Looks like the next ep is going to be big too.
Modified by DangerMouseDM, 12-24-11, 11:00 PM

12-25-11, 6:27 PM

This show is so lighthearted, yet it's getting so dark. It's actually turning out to be really enjoyable now. It feels nostalgic watching for some reason.

12-25-11, 10:55 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was a very frustrating watch indeed. What with Liliana selling out Turan to the Federation, the Sky Pirates hideout being bombarded by the Federations new long range cannons, Silvius being sabotaged by those god moded Guild people, and Fam and co being chased by those fighters with a leaking fuel tank, things went from bad to terrible in just a matter of minutes. Fam spouting out stupid ideas like kidnapping Queen Liliana away did not help matters at all.

Nevertheless, we finally get to meet another old face, none other than Alvis E. Hamilton, Exile controller extraordinaire. She looks to have grown up into a much stronger and braver person, besides seeming to be able to communicate with the Exile in space judging by how she noticed the approaching Federation ships. The only thing I feel apprehensive off was when Dio said that she also was like the new trio, having lost someone precious to her. Just who has she lost that was important to her..
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to give out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.

12-25-11, 11:45 PM

Well I have to say this episode was pretty exciting. I'm sure coming off of the recap episode made this more exciting than what otherwise would be. Liliana has got to have some kind of unexposed motive. Her whole presence conflicts with the character we knew up until now.

I kinda had an "oh shit" moment when I saw Alvis again. I knew it was only a matter of time given her appearance in the OP but still...pretty damn cool. Who the "important" person is up in the air. I have a fairly strong opinion on who it is but at the same time it contradicts what I thought I knew of post last episode of Last Exile.

Dio once again proved to me why I like his character so much. Enough said. Watching "Guild" members fight is bad ass and who knew their suits had a little Evangelion attribute to them :p

12-26-11, 4:10 AM

Well i hope this "someone important" is not that guy..i really want to see him kicking the federation's ass

12-26-11, 4:45 AM

Needs more of Dio's lightsaber fights.

It's somewhat (un)fortunate for Fam, but Dio is stealing the show. Despite his minimum screen time, when he does turns up, he just catches all the attention.

So far, all I can say is that story style wise, the first series was more interesting. Still, this one's reasonably entertaining.

12-26-11, 6:26 AM

Laevantein said:
Well i hope this "someone important" is not that guy..i really want to see him kicking the federation's ass
This is aweful, I sensed that Claus died midway between the two series, offscreen in the manga, Last Exile - Sunadokei no Tabibito, but this statement has pretty much confirms it. I so wanna kill the director...I don't care about Lavi, but not Claus, JUST NOT CLAUS!
Modified by darthfanta, 12-26-11, 6:34 AM

12-26-11, 11:02 AM

http://www.lastexile-fam.com/story.html

this is episode 9.5, not 10

12-26-11, 12:19 PM

lifeaspect said:

this is episode 9.5, not 10

someone isn't paying attention :-) yes we know there's a 9.5, but this is really 10.

12-26-11, 3:42 PM

gandalf8 said:
This episode was a very frustrating watch indeed. What with Liliana selling out Turan to the Federation, the Sky Pirates hideout being bombarded by the Federations new long range cannons, Silvius being sabotaged by those god moded Guild people, and Fam and co being chased by those fighters with a leaking fuel tank, things went from bad to terrible in just a matter of minutes. Fam spouting out stupid ideas like kidnapping Queen Liliana away did not help matters at all.

How the heck was those things "frustrating" in a bad way like your post implies or did you mean frustrating in a good way in which frustrating isn't the right word and you mean "tough" in a good way to watch since the enemy got some victories?

That was exciting and had some really strong twists.

I could understand frustrating as in "damn cliffhanger now! Nooo!" sense but everything you list as being "frustrating" about the episode are enemy partial victories and calling those events frustrating just because the enemies made some smart moves (and got Liliana to join them) and Guilders outclassed humans in ground combat like they are supposed to and got some big moments turning the tables on the heroes for the moment isn't "frustrating"...c'mon...

And we know Guild people completely outclass regular humans in combat, we've seen what they can do before and we've seen what Dio can do and we saw the battle ceremony at the end of the first series.

And Fam was just voicing what everyone was thinking, until Millia told her that it was not the case, that Liliana must be under their control or being forced, and despite what Fam said earlier when they finally got to their vanship their mission was to get Millia off the ship and protect her.

Deathfanta, I don't know about that I'm certainly not convinced that someone of Claus or Lavie's prominence would die off screen until it's fact, if it even is one of them which I'm not so sure as there are several other people that are close to Al and Dio's pretty close to Claus yet Dio said Al lost someone, I think them being missing or taken is more likely if it even is one of them.
Modified by DangerMouseDM, 12-26-11, 3:50 PM

12-26-11, 4:23 PM

The only thing that was frustrating in that whole ep was that it ended with a HUGE and abrupt cliffhanger. lol

12-26-11, 4:26 PM

pilipino101 said:
The only thing that was frustrating in that whole ep was that it ended with a HUGE and abrupt cliffhanger. lol

Exactly :) What a cliffhanger!

12-26-11, 6:05 PM

Smoker-sama said:
hold your horses guys. episode 11 hasn't been aired yet, we're still under episode 10.

Yeah, knew this'd happen *sigh*, this thing needs to be merged or something...

12-26-11, 7:40 PM

mdz said:
This show is so lighthearted, yet it's getting so dark. It's actually turning out to be really enjoyable now. It feels nostalgic watching for some reason.

Yeah I hope they keep this up, they've developed the mood really nicely over the course of the 10 eps shifting moods several times throughout and the last 3-4 eps starting especially ever since ep 7 have now been once again building upon the more serious side hinted at particularly in the also awesome episodes 1-3 (and pretty heavy dark/touching 2-3) and delivered a ton of excitement and danger and been very memorable and enjoyable, we've still even got an ep or 2 to go before the first half is over I think (depending upon how 9.5 counts) and the first half so far given how addicted I've felt as it's come to it's recent climaxes flowing through 7,8, and 10 (and 9's brief respite) has proven IMO that they've got all the pieces needed to be really set up with the potential to do something really memorable once again in the second half just like in the first Last Exile, so I think they've done a really good job on the first phase.
Modified by DangerMouseDM, 12-26-11, 7:47 PM

12-26-11, 11:23 PM

It's just one bad thing after another. I hope things don't get too ugly.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices