MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Questions about Fate/ Stay Night
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Fate/stay night »» Questions about Fate/ Stay Night

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
12-19-11, 12:21 PM

I sent you a link.

12-19-11, 12:22 PM

Heroic Spirits live in the Throne of Heroes not in the grail. The Grail is not even made for wish-granting (through it can grant wishes), it's merely a gate to Origin which is what actually grants wishes (and where all the world knowledge and power is contained). The only reason Saber hesitated was because she needed the Grail.

And since many people said some stupid confusing things here, Ataraxia isn't a direct sequel to any of the three routes. It's more like the sequel to an amalgam of the three routes. This is easy to see because all 3 heroines are there and all their secrets are revealed (even Sakura's).

BTW, the point of using the command seal was to power up Saber. Saber was on the brink of running out of energy and 1 Excalibur shot would pretty much spell her death. Command Spells compel Herois Spirits to do almost impossible things so long as it is within their realm of possibilities, so if Saber was ordered to destroy the Grail she wouldn't hold back any single ounce of power to ensure it was destroyed. That was why he did it. Do note Rin doesn't use one during UBW because Saber had more than enough power to use Excalibur.

And for my last point, I'd like people to know there's no "caliburn" in King Arthur's tale. There's only the sword in the stone or sword of choosing which only a true King could take out, and Excalibur, the gift of the Fairy of the Lake. Arthur loses the Sword of the Stone and receives Excalibur (with Avalon, it's sheath) as a gift. The writer of Fate/Stay Night just thought that it would be inconvenient to have a "nameless sword" be Saber's original super sword so he named it Caliburn.

12-19-11, 12:28 PM

Leon-Gun said:
Heroic Spirits live in the Throne of Heroes not in the grail. The Grail is not even made for wish-granting (through it can grant wishes), it's merely a gate to Origin which is what actually grants wishes (and where all the world knowledge and power is contained). The only reason Saber hesitated was because she needed the Grail.

And since many people said some stupid confusing things here, Ataraxia isn't a direct sequel to any of the three routes. It's more like the sequel to an amalgam of the three routes. This is easy to see because all 3 heroines are there and all their secrets are revealed (even Sakura's).

BTW, the point of using the command seal was to power up Saber. Saber was on the brink of running out of energy and 1 Excalibur shot would pretty much spell her death. Command Spells compel Herois Spirits to do almost impossible things so long as it is within their realm of possibilities, so if Saber was ordered to destroy the Grail she wouldn't hold back any single ounce of power to ensure it was destroyed. That was why he did it. Do note Rin doesn't use one during UBW because Saber had more than enough power to use Excalibur.

And for my last point, I'd like people to know there's no "caliburn" in King Arthur's tale. There's only the sword in the stone or sword of choosing which only a true King could take out, and Excalibur, the gift of the Fairy of the Lake. Arthur loses the Sword of the Stone and receives Excalibur (with Avalon, it's sheath) as a gift. The writer of Fate/Stay Night just thought that it would be inconvenient to have a "nameless sword" be Saber's original super sword so he named it Caliburn.

You actually make sense lol... Saber agrees to destroy the Holy Grail. And where did you get all this stuff?

12-19-11, 12:31 PM

ideoidiom said:
I sent you a link.
The words on the picture actually looks more like Chinese than Japanese. Hey btw, how many visual novels are there?

12-19-11, 12:33 PM

It's Kanji, know what they are?

Check out:
vndb.org

12-19-11, 12:49 PM

ideoidiom said:
It's Kanji, know what they are?

Check out:
vndb.org

I thought it looked like chinese mandarin... Hey, so is there only one visual novel? Just a question, although i've asked plenty lol

12-19-11, 12:53 PM

It's not only one. You have more than one story if you're asking. You need to finish one path to unlock the rest. Trust me, if you're planning to read each piece of text, you'll need a lot of time on your hands. Oh, and by the way, there's quite a few H-Scenes. Especially Heaven's Feel.

12-19-11, 12:53 PM

EDIT: what he said.

12-19-11, 1:31 PM

How many visual novels are there the link you send me? Just a question

12-19-11, 1:32 PM

-Mika said:
It's not only one. You have more than one story if you're asking. You need to finish one path to unlock the rest. Trust me, if you're planning to read each piece of text, you'll need a lot of time on your hands. Oh, and by the way, there's quite a few H-Scenes. Especially Heaven's Feel.
How many are there?

12-19-11, 1:34 PM

You've never downloaded anything in parts?

... are you new to the internet?

12-19-11, 1:58 PM

ideoidiom said:

No i havent but i think i can handle it. What I meant is how many Visual Novels of Fate stay night are there. Mika just said that there are plenty. So i wanna know how many. If thas fine with you...

12-19-11, 2:09 PM

silver_gospel said:
ideoidiom said:

No i havent but i think i can handle it. What I meant is how many Visual Novels of Fate stay night are there. Mika just said that there are plenty. So i wanna know how many. If thas fine with you...
There's 1 (Fate/stay night) and the sequel (fate/Hollow Ataraxia). All the info I gave you was either from the VN or officially released Type-Moon extra material.

The info on the swords comes from my knowledge of King Arthur's tale however.

Also, there will be a port to PC of the PS2 All-Ages version of Fate/Stay Night (Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua) soon. From what I hear it will be released in 3 separate packages, one for each route (Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven's Feel).

And since I think this is a common source of confusion for many watchers who aren't used to Type-Moon's stories, All Visual Novels, Light Novels and games in general written by Kinoko Nasu are related in some way or another. He created this rule that all of his stories exist in parallel dimensions in a broad interconnected fiction fans call Nasuvere. There's even a type of "True Magic" that allows it's user to travel through such dimensions at will and there's one character that can do so. As such, there's no one true route and all routes happened...that's how it goes.

And just as a parting shot, the anime only differed in 1 arc, just one (Caster/Sakura arc). Everything else follows the Fate route more or less, even the ending.
Modified by Leon-Gun, 12-19-11, 2:23 PM

12-19-11, 2:51 PM

ideoidiom said:

Ya know... I watched Unlimited Blade Works... But just saying, Archer, his identity can't be just a imaginary figure that was formed by shiuro. If so, then the anime would go as the movie. Another thing is that how did Shiuro become a servant? Well what im basically saying is that in the anime. Archer's identity can't be his imaginary ideal... which basically creates a different story from the very very begining. And I really really regret watching it sense it only made me more depressed at the end even though the movie wasn't really interesting lol
Modified by silver_gospel, 12-19-11, 2:55 PM

12-19-11, 2:54 PM

Leon-Gun said:
silver_gospel said:
ideoidiom said:

There's 1 (Fate/stay night) and the sequel (fate/Hollow Ataraxia). All the info I gave you was either from the VN or officially released Type-Moon extra material.

The info on the swords comes from my knowledge of King Arthur's tale however.

Also, there will be a port to PC of the PS2 All-Ages version of Fate/Stay Night (Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua) soon. From what I hear it will be released in 3 separate packages, one for each route (Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven's Feel).

And since I think this is a common source of confusion for many watchers who aren't used to Type-Moon's stories, All Visual Novels, Light Novels and games in general written by Kinoko Nasu are related in some way or another. He created this rule that all of his stories exist in parallel dimensions in a broad interconnected fiction fans call Nasuvere. There's even a type of "True Magic" that allows it's user to travel through such dimensions at will and there's one character that can do so. As such, there's no one true route and all routes happened...that's how it goes.

And just as a parting shot, the anime only differed in 1 arc, just one (Caster/Sakura arc). Everything else follows the Fate route more or less, even the ending.

So what you're saying is that the movie the anime the visual novels that have different routes all happen differently in different dimensions? So basically there are more than one Holy Grails.

12-19-11, 2:56 PM

ideoidiom said:
I sent you a link.

Another question, the link you sent me, is the game long?

12-19-11, 2:58 PM

silver_gospel said:
ideoidiom said:

Ya know... I watched Unlimited Blade Works... But just saying, Archer, his identity can't be just a imaginary figure that was formed by shiuro. If so, then the anime would go as the movie. Another thing is that how did Shiuro become a servant? Well what im basically saying is that in the anime. Archer's identity can't be his imaginary ideal... which basically creates a different story from the very very begining.
Nah, he's literally another Shirou. a Shirou that follows his ideals and became the ideal itself. That's what he meant. But if you're asking how did he become a Servant, he just made a contract with the world and became a Counter Guardian. This is slightly different than being a Heroic Spirit. Counter Guardians are summoned by the world to stop disasters that threaten it but the only way they have to do this is by killing and killing and killing. Hence why Archer's soul became twisted with only the desire to die and to kill himself.

silver_gospel said:

So what you're saying is that the movie the anime the visual novels that have different routes all happen differently in different dimensions? So basically there are more than one Holy Grails.
I guess you can say that although even in one world the "Grail" of Fuyuki is one from amongst hundreds of potential Holy Grails. None of them have been confirmed as a True Grail and even the Grail of Fuyuki is not really the Holy Grail. It's just a gate created by magi.

12-19-11, 3:02 PM

Leon-Gun said:
silver_gospel said:
ideoidiom said:

Ya know... I watched Unlimited Blade Works... But just saying, Archer, his identity can't be just a imaginary figure that was formed by shiuro. If so, then the anime would go as the movie. Another thing is that how did Shiuro become a servant? Well what im basically saying is that in the anime. Archer's identity can't be his imaginary ideal... which basically creates a different story from the very very begining.
Nah, he's literally another Shirou. a Shirou that follows his ideals and became the ideal itself. That's what he meant. But if you're asking how did he become a Servant, he just made a contract with the world and became a Counter Guardian. This is slightly different than being a Heroic Spirit. Counter Guardians are summoned by the world to stop disasters that threaten it but the only way they have to do this is by killing and killing and killing. Hence why Archer's soul became twisted with only the desire to die and to kill himself.

silver_gospel said:

I guess you can say that although even in one world the "Grail" of Fuyuki is one from amongst hundreds of potential Holy Grails. None of them have been confirmed as a True Grail and even the Grail of Fuyuki is not really the Holy Grail. It's just a gate created by magi.

This... is... so... confusing....!!!!!!! Basically what happened in Fate/Zero and Fate Stay Night are in the same dimension. HOW DO YOU KNOW ALL THIS!? I kinda think posting this topic just made it more confusing LOL!

12-19-11, 3:21 PM

You find out most of this in the Visual Novel. I'm sure it's confusing when you haven't experienced if for yourself, but it'll make sense in context.
"Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right."

- Yui Ikari, The End of Evangelion

12-19-11, 3:39 PM

insan3soldiern said:
You find out most of this in the Visual Novel. I'm sure it's confusing when you haven't experienced if for yourself, but it'll make sense in context.

k... Hey how long does it take to complete Fate/Stay Night with Realta Nua? About how long? Oh and is this the first Visual novel or is it second?

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices