Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2008 11:06 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Omg, there are only few things which are more dangerous than living in the same household with Kyouka. And this plain weirdness, everything is possible - god i love this show^^
Sep 10, 2008 1:20 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

Lmao, poor Ouka. Episode was hilarious again. Especially the first half.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 10, 2008 2:33 PM

Jun 2008
great episode XD

so funny, esecially the Mandrogora
Sep 10, 2008 4:02 PM

Jul 2008
What a crazy episode is what I have to say! First thing is not good for Ouka to be nursed by Kyouka. If it was me I would have died long time ago and this is why----> 1. Putting a crused mask would most likely be the end for me. 2. Drinking Mandogora juice IS NEVER RECOMMENDED AT 100%. 3. My body would kill those guys before they could anything in my body (I have high immune system ^_^).

Funny moment is the breast thing between Kyouka and Chika.

Kyouka trying to get in bed but never wants to cause she is to shy although she is married so she should not be ashamed then gain kyouka is WEIRD.

I word of advice to Kyouka---->MAKING SOMEONE SWEAT WILL NOT CURE THE DISEASE IF YOU DEHYDRATE THEM. Good thing this anime but I hope kids will not get any bad ideas. O_O

LOL at Teika getting killed by the Mandogora scream.

Ones last thing is...I would not want to have a nurse like Kyouka, I would not survie trust me. I also liked the ED of Kyouka but too MUCH ass wiggling. She looked too much of loli saying go and do me kind of thing.

The next episode: ONSEN, ONSEN and wonder hoe censoring is going to go??
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 10, 2008 4:09 PM

Jan 2007
i absolutely loved how Ouka ended up with some broken bones. seriosuly, what a hilarious episode.
Sep 10, 2008 4:36 PM

Jun 2008
It's been around 3 or 4 episodes of KKN since I've laughed this much, I felt a lot of unseen details of some their personalities were revealed.

We saw Yuuka forcibly taking charge, and even overpowering Kyouka herself; we saw Chika physically abusing Ginka, which although always heavily implied(like in her ED), was never shown this way before; we saw some more of Gekka when she's not Deus Ex Machina-ing them out of some situation, and finally some more of Hyouka's functions such as a thermometer and inherent disease diagnosis, the "chuu~" display being the most hilarious, I felt an urge to yell "DO ARI!!" when he slashed through the creature's stomach.
Sep 10, 2008 5:20 PM

Feb 2008
Oh crap. I don't want to be nursed by Kyouka
Sep 10, 2008 5:47 PM
Aug 2008
angel999 said:

Kyouka trying to get in bed but never wants to cause she is to shy although she is married so she should not be ashamed then gain kyouka is WEIRD.

Actually, the screenwriter is a woman, and I think she (and many other Japanese writers) use pathological shyness in fiction as an allegory.

Japan has a large number of sexless marriages, and a large number of eligible singles who will never get married. Pathological shyness can't be quite like in anime, but there is some kind of real-world problem that corresponds to it.

Now I just need the money to pay for a long trip to Japan to study the situation...

Edit:
For that matter, married women in all industrial countries sometimes withdraw from sex -- sometimes because they lose confidence in their attractiveness.

Kuouka is acting out the insecurities of a middle-aged woman screenwriter, IMHO. Probably the screenwriter has half a dozen friends her age and they all complain to each other that they're just not pretty enough to initiate sex any more. And so they think -- what would be perfect is if I had this husband and these kids -- but I was also super-young, super-genki, super-confident...
formosanSep 10, 2008 6:06 PM
Sep 10, 2008 6:09 PM

Feb 2008
best ep in a while, havent lol in a while
Sep 10, 2008 6:23 PM
Nov 2007
rreggiebryant1 said:
best ep in a while, havent lol in a while

Exactly my thoughts
Sep 10, 2008 8:27 PM
Apr 2008
Kyouka pratically killed Ouka like 3 times
Sep 11, 2008 4:38 AM

Sep 2007
I guess Im the only one that was fucking bored while watching this ep

Sep 11, 2008 11:30 AM

Feb 2008
Trineas said:
Probably, yeah.

Best episode in a while, I laughed my ass off when Teika was pulling the Mandogora out. Just like Kyouka to give everyone ear muffs except the poor lion and then she tops herself and compares him to a dog!

Every character except Ouka got a chance to shine in this episode and shine they did.

An Innerspace reference in my anime?
kuroshiroiSep 11, 2008 2:56 PM
Sep 11, 2008 5:33 PM

Feb 2008
OMG ROTFL THAT WAS FUNNY!!
Sep 11, 2008 8:44 PM
Aug 2008
Trineas said:

I was a little bored halfway through, when it became clear that they didn't have any one idea that was strong enough to carry the entire episode, and that they would start ripping off Hollywood movies to fill in time.

I wouldn't say I was very bored -- I was slightly less entertained than usual, perhaps.

This was not the strongest ep in the series.
Sep 12, 2008 2:06 AM

Apr 2007
Another great episode, oh man i couldnt stop laughing the whole way. the Mandragora, to the end scene of Kyouka in pure nurse outfit, MOE~~~~~~~~
Sep 12, 2008 2:47 PM

Sep 2007
Trineas said:

Nope, same here.
Sep 13, 2008 10:05 AM

Jul 2007
lmao at the mandragora XD (poor mandragora though. nothing good comes out of death by blender)

it was weird that gekka and kyouka were fighting over ouka though @_@
Sep 14, 2008 2:46 AM

Jul 2008
lol how a simply illness can turn in to something this hilliarious. great episode.

Sep 14, 2008 10:20 AM

Mar 2008
One of the best episodes so far ! Completely hilarious !
Sep 14, 2008 3:04 PM

Jul 2008
formosan said:
angel999 said:

Actually, the screenwriter is a woman, and I think she (and many other Japanese writers) use pathological shyness in fiction as an allegory.

Japan has a large number of sexless marriages, and a large number of eligible singles who will never get married. Pathological shyness can't be quite like in anime, but there is some kind of real-world problem that corresponds to it.

Now I just need the money to pay for a long trip to Japan to study the situation...

Edit:
For that matter, married women in all industrial countries sometimes withdraw from sex -- sometimes because they lose confidence in their attractiveness.

Kuouka is acting out the insecurities of a middle-aged woman screenwriter, IMHO. Probably the screenwriter has half a dozen friends her age and they all complain to each other that they're just not pretty enough to initiate sex any more. And so they think -- what would be perfect is if I had this husband and these kids -- but I was also super-young, super-genki, super-confident...

INteresting cause you seem to have interests similar to mines to study in Japanese culture. Ma, ganbatte kudasai soshiete arigato for the information.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 18, 2008 11:54 PM
Aug 2008
Dou itashimashite.
Sep 18, 2008 11:57 PM
Aug 2008
angel999 said:
you seem to have interests similar to mines to study in Japanese culture.

In anime I have often seen girls
1) pulling on each other's cheeks to scold them;
2) grabbing each other's breasts to protest excessive breast size.

I have seen #1 more than a few times in Asia (not Japan).

I have yet to see #2 in real life.
Sep 19, 2008 7:03 AM

Jul 2008
formosan said:
angel999 said:
you seem to have interests similar to mines to study in Japanese culture.

In anime I have often seen girls
1) pulling on each other's cheeks to scold them;
2) grabbing each other's breasts to protest excessive breast size.

I have seen #1 more than a few times in Asia (not Japan).

I have yet to see #2 in real life.

Nah #2 is exaggeration! The truth is there is complex like in Japanese society but it is very hush and only personal experience. That is why they can put it into anime cause no one will know such details but it happen on a very personal level varying degrees.

Sep 20, 2008 5:48 AM
Oct 2007
HAHAHHAHA

OMG WTF

This was awesome insanity- I loved the expressions of everyone.

Plus Yuuka

I'm simply extremely angry!
Sep 25, 2008 7:00 AM

Feb 2008
Well, it's not really boring all the way through. The hilarious stuffs are not just so consistent like you'll be zero excitement in a minute; and here goes a punchline that makes you ROTFL for the next minute. Then it will come back again to zero inconsistency.

So hilarious, but there are pretty many dead spots.
Oct 8, 2008 4:36 PM

Apr 2007
nice episode. lol @ jojo reference.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Oct 20, 2008 5:52 PM

Sep 2007
Trineas said:

Nah, I thought it was boring too. Seemed kind of generic for kyouran kazoku.
Dec 14, 2008 11:54 PM

Sep 2007
naikou said:
Trineas said:

Nah, I thought it was boring too. Seemed kind of generic for kyouran kazoku.
It was one of the funnier episodes of the series, but I wish they would be more creative; the going-inside-the-body thing has been done so many times.

Aug 30, 2010 11:51 AM

Aug 2010
5/5 purely for the amazing first half.
Oct 15, 2011 8:37 AM
Dec 2010
Holy... i wonder what that poor guy forgot after getting shot directly into his brain by that beam gun :-O .
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Sep 7, 2013 5:20 AM

Jan 2012
I love the first half. I love it. I watched a lot of comedies, but I never got such a laugh attack before.
May 26, 2014 6:19 PM

May 2012
This sure was a crazy being sick episode! Quite loved it!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyouran Kazoku Nikki Episode 26 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 5, 2008

36 by Zefyris »»
Jan 12, 2016 2:39 PM

Poll: » Kyouran Kazoku Nikki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nseika - Apr 12, 2008

80 by kitsune0 »»
Dec 9, 2015 7:34 AM

Poll: » Kyouran Kazoku Nikki Episode 25 Discussion

De-JaY - Oct 31, 2008

23 by RafaelDeJongh »»
May 26, 2014 7:39 PM

Poll: » Kyouran Kazoku Nikki Episode 24 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 3, 2008

16 by RafaelDeJongh »»
May 26, 2014 7:31 PM

Poll: » Kyouran Kazoku Nikki Episode 23 Discussion

removed-user - Sep 13, 2008

16 by RafaelDeJongh »»
May 26, 2014 7:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.